A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are any of u careerstep.com graduates? - megcor

Posted: Nov 01, 2009

I am about 2 weeks away from the final and would take any advise on the final, the job search and any other great advise you can give me. I am hoping to work from home to take care of my son. Good companies, bad companies? how is the pay for new graduates?

new graduate - faith

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, first of all, you made a great choice in going with CareerStep. There are a lot of companies out there that hire CareerStep graduates. Do the best you can on the test. The better you do, the better the possibility of you being hired. I did pass the test the first time, but took it again just to do better and get practice. I remember it being a very stressful time -- taking care of a newborn, trying to study and pass an exam and trying to find a job all at the same time. You can do it!!! When looking for a job, stick with the companies that do not send work offshore.

adviCe - telling it like it is

[ In Reply To ..]
Even when you are on this board you need to use the correct spelling of words, as there are lots of company recruiters out there checking this board, too. They do expect their MTs to use the correct spelling. And adviSe would pass spellcheck, but it is incorrect in these sentences.

Careerstep does have a better track record for their graduates findings jobs, but it is still quite difficult these days. Check the boards about all the others having trouble finding work, even those of us with 35 year experience.

Similar Messages:

CareerStep
Aug 26, 2010

I just graduated from a school last month for medical transcription but feel like I'm not fully prepared and I'm not having any luck with employment or testing. I was thinking about enrolling in careerstep because I heard good things about them. Does anybody have any experience with them? Did you find employment afterwards and were you prepared well? Thank you. ...

Anyone Who Took CareerStep Class
Nov 09, 2009

A friend of mine is taking the CareerStep class for MT (although I tried to talk her out of it).  Anyway she is in the transcription part, and using the disks that were supplied with the course.  How did you listen to and transcribe from this.  She put the disk in the disk drive of her computer, but there is no way to start/stop the dictation, etc. and I believe it would be very frustrating.  Or are we both missing something?  Did you use expresscribe or something and do ...

CareerStep Is A Little Less Costly
Sep 15, 2012

but in my state, am not sure Unemp is going to pay for it because it is not located in my state.  There were colleges offering it where I could have gotten some financial assistance; however, some are not offering it this year.  Odd, because it seems in demand (?) but NYS Unemp is pushing their tech schools, only none offer distance learning. The one college that was offering evening classes, just stopped offering the medical reimbursement course. Just can't get exactly what i ne ...

CareerStep Or AAPC
Feb 08, 2015

I know this question has been asked in the past, but most replies are 3-4 years old.  Looking at both programs, anybody taken either course?  Which would be the better of the two?  Also has anyone who has graduated from the CareerStep program gained employment with IOD? Thank you for your input! ...

CareerStep Very Andrews
May 27, 2015

Is there anyone who has any experience with CareerStep and Andrews.  From what I have read there is supposed to be more of an Advantage to CareerStep.  Has anyone else heard this?  Andrews will work with you on a payment plan but if you are missing out on something important what good is it.  Anyone who has actually gone through either program?  If so how long did it take to finish, how long to find a job, and how prepared were you for the job? I am just not sure w ...

Will Companies Hire A New MT From Careerstep
Apr 08, 2010

I am taking the Careerstep course and I am going to finish very soon.  I hear that many companies wave their experience requirement if you take the Careerstep course, because it is so thorough and you transcribe so many reports that you can easily find a job.  Is this true?  Anyone out there graduate from Careerstep and find a job easily as a new MT.  I mean how do you get the jobs if you do not have the experience.  ...

CareerStep MT Training In Progress
Jan 28, 2011

I am in the process of going thru the CareerStep MT training course. I am learning SO much and enjoy every minute of it. I have used this site as a resource at times, so thanks everyone for your posts! I looked at other institutions before deciding on CareerStep, and I am pretty satisfied with the program. Whenever I have a question, I can contact support and get an answer back the same day, sometimes within minutes. It is challenging for sure but I am going to get through it! ...

CareerStep A Valid School Or Is There Another One
Feb 27, 2014

So, I am wanting to go to school for MT, I need some feedback please. Is the online school better than going to an actual college to do the at home work? Is CareerStep a valid school or is there another one I should consider. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is CareerStep A Good School???
Feb 27, 2014

Is this school okay or a scame ...

Are Andrews, MTec And CareerStep Still Considered The Top 3?
Dec 28, 2011

Just a general question and it seems that these are the top three as far as offering the best education and preparedness for certification.  Enrolling has me a bit nervous, so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's (and time's) worth. TIA!!! ...

Medical Transcription Schools CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec
Jan 19, 2010

3 schools were recommended, CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec, not sure which one to go with.  The tuition goes from $1875-$4975, I am curious why such a huge difference and what is the normal time frame for training.  Some say a 4 month program, a 6 month program & a 9 month program.  Any info is appreciated! Can anyone recommend one of these schools over the other? ...

What Companies Waive Experience If You Attended CareerStep?
Sep 14, 2010

Many posters claim that if you attend Career Step, many MTSOs will waive experience requirements. I would like to know which MTSOs do, and the experiences that new MTs who are CareerStep grads are having/have had, as I am contemplating enrolling. ...

Jobs For New Graduates
Mar 20, 2010

Does anyone know of a company who will hire newbies?  I have been doing this for 15 years, but a family member has just graduated and is looking for a job.  Any help for her would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

RMT Exam Graduates
Sep 08, 2011

I'm currently studying for the RMT exam. I was wondering of those who have taken it and passed, what helpful hints you might have for preparing for this exam? I've got a study guide through ADHI that I'm working through. I'm also going over all the books and terminology flashcards I recieved through At-Home Professions. Also, how many weeks did you study for this exam? I am hoping to take 4 weeks, but have heard of some who spent six weeks or more preparing. And, lastly, di ...

Any Graduates Of Andrews Or M-Tec?
Sep 04, 2012

Would like to know if any graduates of Andrews or M-Tec became employed shortly after completing course and how much I could be expected to earn on a part-time basis (20 hrs/wk)? ...

Andrews Graduates, Did You Get A Job?
Mar 02, 2015

I am seriously considering going into the coding program with Andrews soon. My main concern just lies in finding employment after I finish and become certified. Can any Andrews graduates share their experiences? Were you able to find employment quickly? Was anyone able to start working from home immediately? There are 2 hospitals in my town, but it is not a huge city, and I am afraid employment opportunities may be limited here locally. Anything you can tell me that might be useful would be much ...

Any New Andrews Graduates??
Mar 21, 2015

Just curious if there are any new Andrews graduates (in the last 30 days) that are having success finding a job? I am looking to start this program soon and do not want to jump from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak...been an MT for MANY, MANY years.... Are there jobs out there?  How hard are they to find/get? What is general starting pay? Feeling anxious/nervous/excited.... ...

Pls Share Opinions On Schools Andrews, Meditech And CareerStep
May 03, 2012

No msg. ...

Any Companies Hiring New Graduates??
Feb 05, 2010

Are there any companies hiring new graduates? I can't seem to get my foot in a door. Everyone wants experience. ...

Do You Know Any Companies That Hire New Graduates.
Jun 18, 2010

We need a start somewhere to get the experience. Looking forward to your reply.   Thank You Lena ...

Accentus - Hire New Graduates? -nm
Jan 26, 2011

x ...

Are There Any Penn Foster Graduates?
Apr 28, 2011

Are there any Penn Foster graduates? ...

Any At-home-profession Graduates
Oct 15, 2011

I am looking for any one who has completed the AHP program and is currently employed. I need any advice you are willing to give. Thanks for your time. ...

Are There Any Penn Foster Graduates Working Right Now?
Sep 19, 2010

Are there any Penn Foster graduates working right now.  Please tell me your story. ...

Home-based Work For New Graduates
Oct 29, 2010

Hi everyone!  I hope someone can shed some light on who hires recent graduates for home-based MT work.  I've been applying to every company I can find but most want in-house experience or 1 year+.  Not having a car limits my in-house work.  That's why I went into this field.  I've been looking for 2 weeks and have gotten few replies (all "thanks but no thanks").  I've completed Medical Terminology course with a 94% and Medical Transcription cours ...

Question For New Graduates; Seasoned MTs Welcome To Respond Also
Feb 13, 2011

From reading post after post on the New MTs Board, it seems like one of the main reasons a lot of people chose the Medical Transcription field is because they were lured in by the “work at home, when you want” dream.  But when reading through the job opening ads, any type of flexibility is usually reserved for Independent Contractor positions, and IC positions usually want lots of experience so the MT can work with little or no supervision. On top of that, at least in my opinio ...

Career Step Coding Graduates.....
Mar 01, 2011

1.  How long did it take you to complete the course? 2.  Were you able to pass the certification exam? 3.  Are you working as a coder? 4.  Overall opinion on the career step coding course? Any info would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Career Step Graduates Recommendation
Aug 11, 2012

Any graduates of Career Step that can recommend the course?  Also, is it a licensed school.  I am told that it is based in Provo, Utah. ...

Any Andrews Coding Graduates Getting Jobs?
Oct 07, 2012

Has anyone graduating from the Andrews coding course gotten jobs. I know how hard it is to get a job without prior experience. I am 61 and wondering if it is worth the expense and effort to take the couse. I have fifteen years of MT experience and also have worked in a hospital for years before that. Thanks. ...

Questions For Andrews Coding Graduates (sm)
Jan 08, 2013

I have been doing research on the various coding programs out there and before I spend a large amount of money on training, I want to ask former Andrews coding students a couple of questions. 1. Did you pass the certification exam(s) and, if so, did you feel like the schooling that you received prepared you for the exam? 2. Are you currently working as a coder and, if not, how long have you been actively looking for a job and have you been able to get job interviews. I realize that getting ...