A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What Companies Waive Experience if you Attended CareerStep? - mandeville30

Posted: Sep 14, 2010

Many posters claim that if you attend Career Step, many MTSOs will waive experience requirements. I would like to know which MTSOs do, and the experiences that new MTs who are CareerStep grads are having/have had, as I am contemplating enrolling.

Experience? - Susan

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd highly encourage you to read the boards on this site, especially the company board. It will give you a great deal of insight as to the companies out there and their business practices. Best of luck to you!

Similar Messages:

Will Companies Hire A New MT From Careerstep
Apr 08, 2010

I am taking the Careerstep course and I am going to finish very soon.  I hear that many companies wave their experience requirement if you take the Careerstep course, because it is so thorough and you transcribe so many reports that you can easily find a job.  Is this true?  Anyone out there graduate from Careerstep and find a job easily as a new MT.  I mean how do you get the jobs if you do not have the experience.  ...

Fumny How They Waive The Consequense Of No
Mar 16, 2015

You apparently suck to the point that you are to be punished, but when they are in dire straights they temporarily waive the consequence. ...

Anyone Attended The Transcend Conf Call Yet?
Apr 13, 2010

Mine is not for a few hours, but I am getting nervous.  Anyone had it yet? ...

What Companies Recognize The Value Of Experience?
Aug 27, 2013

When I do a job - whether editing SR or straight transcription - it often demands the years of experience that I have in order to resolve the problems and ambiguities that prevent the job from having multiple blanks and going on "hold".  For instance, I know how to rapidly formulate Web queries in order to find AUTHORITATIVE documentation regarding new equipment, new drugs, etc.  I know how to make the subtle changes in the grammar of ESL dictators so that their dictation doesn't ...

CareerStep
Aug 26, 2010

I just graduated from a school last month for medical transcription but feel like I'm not fully prepared and I'm not having any luck with employment or testing. I was thinking about enrolling in careerstep because I heard good things about them. Does anybody have any experience with them? Did you find employment afterwards and were you prepared well? Thank you. ...

Are Any Of U Careerstep.com Graduates?
Nov 01, 2009

I am about 2 weeks away from the final and would take any advise on the final, the job search and any other great advise you can give me. I am hoping to work from home to take care of my son. Good companies, bad companies? how is the pay for new graduates? ...

Anyone Who Took CareerStep Class
Nov 09, 2009

A friend of mine is taking the CareerStep class for MT (although I tried to talk her out of it).  Anyway she is in the transcription part, and using the disks that were supplied with the course.  How did you listen to and transcribe from this.  She put the disk in the disk drive of her computer, but there is no way to start/stop the dictation, etc. and I believe it would be very frustrating.  Or are we both missing something?  Did you use expresscribe or something and do ...

CareerStep Is A Little Less Costly
Sep 15, 2012

but in my state, am not sure Unemp is going to pay for it because it is not located in my state.  There were colleges offering it where I could have gotten some financial assistance; however, some are not offering it this year.  Odd, because it seems in demand (?) but NYS Unemp is pushing their tech schools, only none offer distance learning. The one college that was offering evening classes, just stopped offering the medical reimbursement course. Just can't get exactly what i ne ...

CareerStep Or AAPC
Feb 08, 2015

I know this question has been asked in the past, but most replies are 3-4 years old.  Looking at both programs, anybody taken either course?  Which would be the better of the two?  Also has anyone who has graduated from the CareerStep program gained employment with IOD? Thank you for your input! ...

CareerStep Very Andrews
May 27, 2015

Is there anyone who has any experience with CareerStep and Andrews.  From what I have read there is supposed to be more of an Advantage to CareerStep.  Has anyone else heard this?  Andrews will work with you on a payment plan but if you are missing out on something important what good is it.  Anyone who has actually gone through either program?  If so how long did it take to finish, how long to find a job, and how prepared were you for the job? I am just not sure w ...

CareerStep MT Training In Progress
Jan 28, 2011

I am in the process of going thru the CareerStep MT training course. I am learning SO much and enjoy every minute of it. I have used this site as a resource at times, so thanks everyone for your posts! I looked at other institutions before deciding on CareerStep, and I am pretty satisfied with the program. Whenever I have a question, I can contact support and get an answer back the same day, sometimes within minutes. It is challenging for sure but I am going to get through it! ...

CareerStep A Valid School Or Is There Another One
Feb 27, 2014

So, I am wanting to go to school for MT, I need some feedback please. Is the online school better than going to an actual college to do the at home work? Is CareerStep a valid school or is there another one I should consider. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is CareerStep A Good School???
Feb 27, 2014

Is this school okay or a scame ...

Are Andrews, MTec And CareerStep Still Considered The Top 3?
Dec 28, 2011

Just a general question and it seems that these are the top three as far as offering the best education and preparedness for certification.  Enrolling has me a bit nervous, so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's (and time's) worth. TIA!!! ...

Medical Transcription Schools CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec
Jan 19, 2010

3 schools were recommended, CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec, not sure which one to go with.  The tuition goes from $1875-$4975, I am curious why such a huge difference and what is the normal time frame for training.  Some say a 4 month program, a 6 month program & a 9 month program.  Any info is appreciated! Can anyone recommend one of these schools over the other? ...

Pls Share Opinions On Schools Andrews, Meditech And CareerStep
May 03, 2012

No msg. ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

In Your Experience
Nov 10, 2009

I have seen that some MTs work two or three companies at a time and during the same hours.  Can you tell me if this was working with the same platform and same computer?  ...

Do You Think MT Experience Will Help In Getting An MR Job?
Feb 11, 2010

There is a hospital in my area that has 2 jobs I am interested in, one is a records analyst and the other is a records clerk.  I am definitely ready to start working outside of the home, but I fear my MT experience will not help me much in getting one of these jobs.  I am just wondering what you all think or if I should bother to apply.  I am thinking they are going to want people with hospital experience.  Thanks a bunch for any information!! ...

MD-IT..any Experience?
Apr 12, 2010

Hi.  I was recently hired as an employee with MD-IT.  I filled out all my paperwork, did my computer audit, background check, etc. and was supposed to call at 9:00 a.m. this morning to begin downloading their transcription platform.  Well, I called and got voicemail.  I left a message and have not heard back.  To me, if you have an appointment scheduled, you should be available for that appointment.  I'm sure they would expect nothing less from me.  I real ...

Experience.
Jun 08, 2010

I have been noticing that the experience level required to even get looked at for an MT job has went up. The 2 year experience mark has now went to 3 in most postings, and alot more postings are stating they want a minimum of 5 years. It is an up hill battle in an already hard market but with these kind of requirements I supose the seasoned MT's can rest a little easier and the newbies I guess can look for another line of work. I have already switched my gears and will finish my MA deg ...

Too MUCH Experience?
Jul 23, 2010

I am trying to figure why I never get a call-back on job applications anymore.  For instance I applied at one company who was advertising a week or so ago, I'm sure I did perfectly or almost so on the test, never heard from them, and yet now they are advertising again.   My range is not great, mostly ER and clinic, so maybe this is the issue but I have applied for these positions recently to no avail. I have 16 years experience and I wonder if they think I will want too much ...

How To Get Experience W/o Job & Job W/o Experience?
Sep 18, 2010

it's the old question - how to get acute care experience that everyone wants - when none of the local hospitals are hiring for MT (I've checked).  I could try "cold calling" doctor's offices and see who does their transcription (unless they have some kind of digital chart system - fill in the appropriate boxes on their laptops - I think our family doc uses that system). I actually had "formal" hospital acute care training 11 years ago - so seems like a lifetime ago.  Th ...

Can Anyone Please Tell Me Their Experience With...sm
Nov 22, 2010

eTransPlus?  I am considering sending my resume but can't afford to waste time with yet another joke.    Thanks much! ...

TTD QA Experience Anyone?
Mar 04, 2011

Anyone with any experience with TTD (The Transcription Doctors) in QA-just wondering how QA by the line works, also curious about how this company operates, or anything else that anyone wants to enlighten me on.  Archive information is old  and not that great at times, and would like some up to date information-good or bad.  You may email me if you would like.  Thank you fellow worker bees! ...

My Experience With TTS
May 26, 2011

I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know what my experience with TTS has been recently.  A job for a Delta Team member was advertised, for which I applied with my resume and cover letter.  It's worth noting here that I meet every qualification in the ad.  The job sounded like it was difficult, but I applied as I wanted a salaried position.  I received an e-mail from *******, the same one who was sent packing from another MTSO last year.  The e-mail gave all sorts of inf ...

No Experience No Job - No Job No Experience
Jul 30, 2011

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the situation of not having enough experience to get a job but not being able to get the experience if you don't get a job.  I have skiills and talent out the wazoo - I've passed numerous transcription tests - and I nearly always get a quick response to my application and resume submission.  HOWEVER, because i've never worked in a hospital and my 10 years of experience was more than three years ago - AND because I that experience w ...

TTS - Your Experience?
Sep 27, 2011

Do they really pay only 7 cents a line??  Unbelievable.  Do they base it on your experience?  Thanks for any feedback. ...