A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are there any Penn Foster graduates? - angel456

Posted: Apr 28, 2011

Are there any Penn Foster graduates?

I am - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I graduated last year and still can't get a job.

Thank you for your comment. - angel456

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks

Me too - lil

[ In Reply To ..]
It was called Harcourt Learning Direct when I graduated 10 years ago. Right after I paid for the course I found out about Career Step and wanted to switch but stuck it out. The course was only okay. I lucked into a small transcription office and had a 1-on-1 mentor which really helped, I worked on clinic notes there. Then the hospital absorbed our office and I started doing acute care for the last 7 years. I also have a side job doing transcription for the NIH. It was sheer luck getting the first job, but if I had it to do over again, I'd go to a school that specializes in MT!

Similar Messages:

Are There Any Penn Foster Graduates Working Right Now?
Sep 19, 2010

Are there any Penn Foster graduates working right now.  Please tell me your story. ...

Penn Foster Schools
Jan 04, 2010

I am currently finishing my schooling from Penn Foster and I guess I didn't do enough research before I signed up for Penn Foster and now I'm regretting it. Ever since I've been hearing all the negative comments about Penn Foster I don't even want to finish the course even though I am on the last lesson. Just getting discouraged and want to know if anyone took Penn Foster courses and found a job. Totally new on this whole MT thing and if you have any information about getting ...

Penn Foster Course And Employment ?
Sep 05, 2010

Has anyone completed the Medical Transcription course at Penn Foster and has successfully gained employment? ...

Mt Training With Penn Foster
Apr 17, 2013

Would anyone care to share their experience with Penn Foster online mt career traing? Thanks. ...

Is Penn Foster MT School Any Good?
Dec 31, 2009

I started transcription a bazillion years ago before they were even any schools around.  My daughter now wants to get into it and is looking at Penn Foster.  Is their program any good or is there a better one out there that would help make it easier to find a job when she gets out? Thank you in advance :) ...

Medical Transcription School - Penn Foster ?
Jan 02, 2011

I am new to this site. I am thinking about training to become a MT but very confused about schools I have checked on. The school I am leaning towards is Penn Foster, but the price is much cheaper than all the others. I want to get all I can from the course. If anyone has done the MT course with them let me know what you thought about it. Thank You ...

Penn Foster Coding And Medical Billing Program?
Jan 29, 2015

Hello, Just wanting opinions/experiences with Penn Foster's Training Program Coding and Medical Billing. Thanks in advance. ...

Are Any Of U Careerstep.com Graduates?
Nov 01, 2009

I am about 2 weeks away from the final and would take any advise on the final, the job search and any other great advise you can give me. I am hoping to work from home to take care of my son. Good companies, bad companies? how is the pay for new graduates? ...

Jobs For New Graduates
Mar 20, 2010

Does anyone know of a company who will hire newbies?  I have been doing this for 15 years, but a family member has just graduated and is looking for a job.  Any help for her would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

RMT Exam Graduates
Sep 08, 2011

I'm currently studying for the RMT exam. I was wondering of those who have taken it and passed, what helpful hints you might have for preparing for this exam? I've got a study guide through ADHI that I'm working through. I'm also going over all the books and terminology flashcards I recieved through At-Home Professions. Also, how many weeks did you study for this exam? I am hoping to take 4 weeks, but have heard of some who spent six weeks or more preparing. And, lastly, di ...

Any Graduates Of Andrews Or M-Tec?
Sep 04, 2012

Would like to know if any graduates of Andrews or M-Tec became employed shortly after completing course and how much I could be expected to earn on a part-time basis (20 hrs/wk)? ...

Andrews Graduates, Did You Get A Job?
Mar 02, 2015

I am seriously considering going into the coding program with Andrews soon. My main concern just lies in finding employment after I finish and become certified. Can any Andrews graduates share their experiences? Were you able to find employment quickly? Was anyone able to start working from home immediately? There are 2 hospitals in my town, but it is not a huge city, and I am afraid employment opportunities may be limited here locally. Anything you can tell me that might be useful would be much ...

Any New Andrews Graduates??
Mar 21, 2015

Just curious if there are any new Andrews graduates (in the last 30 days) that are having success finding a job? I am looking to start this program soon and do not want to jump from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak...been an MT for MANY, MANY years.... Are there jobs out there?  How hard are they to find/get? What is general starting pay? Feeling anxious/nervous/excited.... ...

Any Companies Hiring New Graduates??
Feb 05, 2010

Are there any companies hiring new graduates? I can't seem to get my foot in a door. Everyone wants experience. ...

Do You Know Any Companies That Hire New Graduates.
Jun 18, 2010

We need a start somewhere to get the experience. Looking forward to your reply.   Thank You Lena ...

Accentus - Hire New Graduates? -nm
Jan 26, 2011

x ...

Any At-home-profession Graduates
Oct 15, 2011

I am looking for any one who has completed the AHP program and is currently employed. I need any advice you are willing to give. Thanks for your time. ...

Home-based Work For New Graduates
Oct 29, 2010

Hi everyone!  I hope someone can shed some light on who hires recent graduates for home-based MT work.  I've been applying to every company I can find but most want in-house experience or 1 year+.  Not having a car limits my in-house work.  That's why I went into this field.  I've been looking for 2 weeks and have gotten few replies (all "thanks but no thanks").  I've completed Medical Terminology course with a 94% and Medical Transcription cours ...

Question For New Graduates; Seasoned MTs Welcome To Respond Also
Feb 13, 2011

From reading post after post on the New MTs Board, it seems like one of the main reasons a lot of people chose the Medical Transcription field is because they were lured in by the “work at home, when you want” dream.  But when reading through the job opening ads, any type of flexibility is usually reserved for Independent Contractor positions, and IC positions usually want lots of experience so the MT can work with little or no supervision. On top of that, at least in my opinio ...

Career Step Coding Graduates.....
Mar 01, 2011

1.  How long did it take you to complete the course? 2.  Were you able to pass the certification exam? 3.  Are you working as a coder? 4.  Overall opinion on the career step coding course? Any info would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Career Step Graduates Recommendation
Aug 11, 2012

Any graduates of Career Step that can recommend the course?  Also, is it a licensed school.  I am told that it is based in Provo, Utah. ...

Any Andrews Coding Graduates Getting Jobs?
Oct 07, 2012

Has anyone graduating from the Andrews coding course gotten jobs. I know how hard it is to get a job without prior experience. I am 61 and wondering if it is worth the expense and effort to take the couse. I have fifteen years of MT experience and also have worked in a hospital for years before that. Thanks. ...

Questions For Andrews Coding Graduates (sm)
Jan 08, 2013

I have been doing research on the various coding programs out there and before I spend a large amount of money on training, I want to ask former Andrews coding students a couple of questions. 1. Did you pass the certification exam(s) and, if so, did you feel like the schooling that you received prepared you for the exam? 2. Are you currently working as a coder and, if not, how long have you been actively looking for a job and have you been able to get job interviews. I realize that getting ...

Career Step Happy Graduates?
Aug 07, 2014

Anyone out there a graduate of Career Step happy with their job?   ...

Any Andrews Coding Graduates That Were Able To Find Work After Completing Course?? Sm
Mar 25, 2013

Hi Anybody on here graduated from Andrews coding course and able to find work? I am just really scared I am going to do all of this and not find a job anywhere?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated  Thanks ...