A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CareerStep MT training in progress - kargarl

Posted: Jan 28, 2011

I am in the process of going thru the CareerStep MT training course. I am learning SO much and enjoy every minute of it. I have used this site as a resource at times, so thanks everyone for your posts! I looked at other institutions before deciding on CareerStep, and I am pretty satisfied with the program. Whenever I have a question, I can contact support and get an answer back the same day, sometimes within minutes. It is challenging for sure but I am going to get through it!

Happy for you! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a Career Step grad and thought it was a great program. It was challenging, but fun as well. I felt it prepared me very well for my job. Make sure you join the Career Step Forum as well. They are a great bunch of people, from students to graduates. I graduated almost 3 years ago, but still find it very informative and a fun place to be. It is a very positive place with lots of great information, both MT related but also everyday life stuff. Good luck with your studies!

careerstep course - kargarl

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I am hoping not to have a lot of difficulty finding work afterwards, given the state of the job situation.

Hiring MTs - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The bigger companies are ALWAYS willing to test and hire people they feel qualify.

Good luck.
Enjoying Career Step - peacefulsoles
[ In Reply To ..]
I am also enjoying Career Step's course. I just started on the 18th of January. I work on it every minute that I possibly can. It's very challenging but very enjoyable as well. Good Luck to you!
Career Step - Deanna
[ In Reply To ..]
I am retesting in a few days for my transcription portion of the test. I enjoyed the course very much and am looking forward to the future!!! I'm glad to meet you and hope we both find a HUGE amount of success!

Similar Messages:

Unionization? Any Progress?
Oct 22, 2010

I unchained myself from my oar long enough to ask generally if anyone has made any inroads into unionizing our industry.  With another payday here and seeing my pay go down as quickly as my line counts go up, I have to ask.  Other workforces would not stand for the way we are financially treated, maybe we could team up with one of them, like a nurses' union or something.  Any ideas?  ...

Progress Note
Jan 27, 2012

Diagnosis:  Right lower lobe pneumonitis LABORATORY DATA:  The patient blood cultures are negative.  The sputum showed "S/L gram negative rod" and "S/L gram positive cocci" with moderate "S/L gram alveolar". Can you please let me know if this looks correct and if not please give me your input. Thank you very much.  ...

Audio Progress Bar Keeps Disappearing...
May 21, 2012

Every report, I'm having to manually click Audio, Show Audio Progress, to get my audio toolbar with the speed & audio position to show up, then next report it's gone again.  Its there a way to make this dock in place?  Today is the first day I've had this problem! ...

Tired Of Progress, Clinic And Office Notes
Jan 06, 2015

Are there any companies anymore who do not do progress notes, clinic notes and office notes?  I want to get back to the basic 4, especially operative notes but they seem to be far and few between.  Maybe it is just me but I cannot get a decent line count when I have to jump from one clinic specialty to another all day long. ...

CareerStep
Aug 26, 2010

I just graduated from a school last month for medical transcription but feel like I'm not fully prepared and I'm not having any luck with employment or testing. I was thinking about enrolling in careerstep because I heard good things about them. Does anybody have any experience with them? Did you find employment afterwards and were you prepared well? Thank you. ...

Are Any Of U Careerstep.com Graduates?
Nov 01, 2009

I am about 2 weeks away from the final and would take any advise on the final, the job search and any other great advise you can give me. I am hoping to work from home to take care of my son. Good companies, bad companies? how is the pay for new graduates? ...

Anyone Who Took CareerStep Class
Nov 09, 2009

A friend of mine is taking the CareerStep class for MT (although I tried to talk her out of it).  Anyway she is in the transcription part, and using the disks that were supplied with the course.  How did you listen to and transcribe from this.  She put the disk in the disk drive of her computer, but there is no way to start/stop the dictation, etc. and I believe it would be very frustrating.  Or are we both missing something?  Did you use expresscribe or something and do ...

CareerStep Is A Little Less Costly
Sep 15, 2012

but in my state, am not sure Unemp is going to pay for it because it is not located in my state.  There were colleges offering it where I could have gotten some financial assistance; however, some are not offering it this year.  Odd, because it seems in demand (?) but NYS Unemp is pushing their tech schools, only none offer distance learning. The one college that was offering evening classes, just stopped offering the medical reimbursement course. Just can't get exactly what i ne ...

CareerStep Or AAPC
Feb 08, 2015

I know this question has been asked in the past, but most replies are 3-4 years old.  Looking at both programs, anybody taken either course?  Which would be the better of the two?  Also has anyone who has graduated from the CareerStep program gained employment with IOD? Thank you for your input! ...

CareerStep Very Andrews
May 27, 2015

Is there anyone who has any experience with CareerStep and Andrews.  From what I have read there is supposed to be more of an Advantage to CareerStep.  Has anyone else heard this?  Andrews will work with you on a payment plan but if you are missing out on something important what good is it.  Anyone who has actually gone through either program?  If so how long did it take to finish, how long to find a job, and how prepared were you for the job? I am just not sure w ...

Will Companies Hire A New MT From Careerstep
Apr 08, 2010

I am taking the Careerstep course and I am going to finish very soon.  I hear that many companies wave their experience requirement if you take the Careerstep course, because it is so thorough and you transcribe so many reports that you can easily find a job.  Is this true?  Anyone out there graduate from Careerstep and find a job easily as a new MT.  I mean how do you get the jobs if you do not have the experience.  ...

CareerStep A Valid School Or Is There Another One
Feb 27, 2014

So, I am wanting to go to school for MT, I need some feedback please. Is the online school better than going to an actual college to do the at home work? Is CareerStep a valid school or is there another one I should consider. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is CareerStep A Good School???
Feb 27, 2014

Is this school okay or a scame ...

Are Andrews, MTec And CareerStep Still Considered The Top 3?
Dec 28, 2011

Just a general question and it seems that these are the top three as far as offering the best education and preparedness for certification.  Enrolling has me a bit nervous, so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's (and time's) worth. TIA!!! ...

Medical Transcription Schools CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec
Jan 19, 2010

3 schools were recommended, CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec, not sure which one to go with.  The tuition goes from $1875-$4975, I am curious why such a huge difference and what is the normal time frame for training.  Some say a 4 month program, a 6 month program & a 9 month program.  Any info is appreciated! Can anyone recommend one of these schools over the other? ...

What Companies Waive Experience If You Attended CareerStep?
Sep 14, 2010

Many posters claim that if you attend Career Step, many MTSOs will waive experience requirements. I would like to know which MTSOs do, and the experiences that new MTs who are CareerStep grads are having/have had, as I am contemplating enrolling. ...

Pls Share Opinions On Schools Andrews, Meditech And CareerStep
May 03, 2012

No msg. ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Considering Training To Be A MT
Oct 10, 2009

I am considering an online school to learn Medical Transcription.  What does the future look like for upcoming MT's?  With all the medical changes coming, would this be a career to consider?  Thanks for any help! Debbie ...

Training To Be An MT
Nov 15, 2009

I am a mom of 3 boys with a lot of secretarial experience. I have taken several college courses recently including Anatomy&Physiology, Medical Terminology, Medical Transcription and Advanced but cannot find a job. Everyone looks for experience. I am in the process of applying to Everett Community College for their certificate. I would love opinions from current MTs regarding your opinion on beginning this career. Is it still a good option? I hear so many differing opinions on the future. Do ...

Does MQ Pay For Training?
Nov 17, 2009

How long does training takes?  How long do they give you to get up to speed, meaning getting your required lines in.  Do they pay a shift differential? ...

Training Pay?
Jan 25, 2010

Anyone know how long you are supposed to get training pay? Came back to company for some extra $$ and thought I was told this is a 90 day thing, but 2nd paycheck was on production pay though I am still 100% QA? Anyone have any suggestions on this?  I am so confused now. ...

Training-----------Best?
Aug 04, 2010

hello... I'm looking for opinions and advice from MTs as to where I should get my MT training.  Where do most MT companies like their MTs to have their MT training?  Thank you   ...

Still In Training
Jan 29, 2011

I am still in training, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the software and or equipment I could go ahead and purchase to help me get through my training more smoothly.  My dictation at this time is on a CD disk and wondered if a foot petal would help me at this point.  Thanks,   bettyboop ...

Training Someone To Be An MT
Mar 21, 2011

Has anyone tried to train someone else to be an MT on their own, without the courses?  I am a CMT and have 18 years experience - I have a couple family members that would like to learn to become an MT but cannot afford the course.  I am considering trying to train them myself - any suggestions? ...

TT Training
Jun 12, 2011

What is the latest on the training for no pay?  Is is still going to happen?  Did it happen or did TT decided to do the right thing and pay for MTs time?  ...

CNA Training
Aug 17, 2011

Has anyone here taken CNA training, leading to LVN, maybe an RN some day.  I am taking an accounting class, but after doing medical transcription for so many years iit is not very stimulating.    ...

Training For VR
Oct 22, 2011

Is there a training course you can take to ramp up your lines in VR?  Even a book would be nice.  Anyone know of anything?? ...

What Is The Training Like At - Sm
Mar 01, 2012

Precyse?  And how long did it take you to get up to speed once it was over? ...

TTD VR Training
May 29, 2012

Anybody working on this and happy with this company?  ...