A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

lockout starts tomorrow for our CCM- North - hating it already

Posted: Jul 12, 2010

I know some of you are on lockdown already and for that you have my utmost sympathy and empathy.  We are supposed to start tomorrow.  There are NO HOURS on the swap board and we have been running into NJA every day since MQ did the management shuffle.  I have my resumes out and took some tests this weekend.  Hopefully I will hear something soon so I can get off this merry-go-round that just isn't merry any longer.  I don't want to worry every week that I am going to lose my benefits because I am getting NJA and there are no swap board hours to make them up.  Thanks MQ, you are about to lose yet another great employee!

what exactly all happens with this lockdown - no info available

[ In Reply To ..]
Wish we could get a call on this to explain stuff.

What if we get NJA during a shift? Can we keep getting back in to check? When will we make up hours? What about when OT is approved... how will we get allowed in then?

It is way to confusing.

my point exactly- we are out of lock - hating it

[ In Reply To ..]
We were supposed to be locked down in April but it got postponed and I am praying to God for a miracle before tomorrow. Once we are locked down the only way to make up hours or work extra is to pick up shifts off the swap board (the CCM posts extra shifts and other MTs post shifts to swap). Unfortuately due to NJA all the time the CCM is not posting shifts and nobody has posted any to swap. It is one big mess, one that I cannot wait to leave.

should be out of luck- sorry - hating it

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Lockdown - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am dreading this lockdown too. We have so much NJA in the North even if we claim a shift on the swap board who knows if there will be work during that shift?

This lockdown idea is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Definitely looking for another job, I can't handle this low pay and no jobs anymore.
so, - still not understanding
[ In Reply To ..]
they don't provide us enough work, they take away our ability to "make up" work unless there is a shift posted, which may or may not fit my personal schedule, but then you can get performance managemnet for not getting in hours and line counts?

I would think this is cause for another lawsuit.

If I run out of work, I am taking it with no pay and giving my time to my second job and when they are bombarded with OT work, it can sit there. I am not helping beyond my schedule anymore.
Taking NJA with no pay - CCM told us we have to use PTO if we have it
[ In Reply To ..]
per MQ policy. She would not let me take it with no pay about 6 weeks ago.
Plus, if you don't work enough hours, your health insurance is taken away. - Out of PTO
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
how is that possible - not accurate
[ In Reply To ..]
It is in the company policy that you can make it up, be released with no pay or use PTO.

It does not state anywhere that you are forced to use PTO when they provide no work.

I would refuse that option right on your ticket to support and copy it to CCM that you will be released with no pay.

That CCM is just trying to get you to use all PTO so that you cannot take a vacation day, which is a load of dung.

Not all of North, just what was the old Northeast - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
You may not be part of the group that's going into lockdown tomorrow. I was told it was only what used to be considered the Northeast. If your schedule isn't in Schedule Source and there is nothing showing on the Swap Board, I don't think you are included in the lock-down group for tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Similar Messages:

Lockout Starts For Our Region April 7th-FYI
Mar 29, 2010

Just got the email today regarding the swap board and lockdown of schedule. ...

How Do You Make Up NJA Hours With Lockout
May 27, 2010

With the new teamworks lockout/lockdown, how does one make up missed NJA hours when work eventually comes? If we are not scheduled to work, even though we send an NJA mail to support, we are not allowed to log in. Since I am new to Medquist, any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Interim QA Gone - North Or West (or North By Northwest) With Apologies To Alfred Hitchcock !
Apr 05, 2011

Ours from the West has (thankfully) gone back to being another MME like the rest of us poor mortals.  I found her e-mails to be bossy, snippy, condescending and picky to the point of absurdity.  The frosting on the cake was the recent e-mail that said MT's are to be held at fault if the doctor makes a mistake on a lab value, med dosage, etc.  Some people get a little taste of power and become unbearable.  I, for one, bid her a joyful farewell because ...

Anyone Who Doesn't Have Work Ask To Move To North, North Is Swamped
Oct 19, 2013

If your bob never has work, ask to move to the north. We even got an e mail from the head of work routing, stating they need everyone to work.  That never happens.  If you need work and are constantly out, ask to move. ...

Is MT Starts Not Well Known?
May 28, 2010

Currently it says there are 161 visitors online.  Of all the MTs in the US this just seems like such a smalllllll number.  I know it gets up to like 320 that is the most I have seen EVER, and I have been on this board for a couple years (with some longer periods of absence for some reason)... Just wondering why there aren't more people?  I mean, not that I think there should be, I never have enough time to read any of the posts as it is haha...   ...

And So It Starts
Jun 29, 2014

I have a bad feeling about this one.  Some of you may "know" me, i am here once in a while, have been for a few years.  I am coder at a very large facility in midwest and have been for years. Last year our hospital installed Computer Assisted Coding and we are implementing it in stages.  First we used the annotated fields just to help identifying things that may/may not need to be coded.  Then we started getting suggested codes to go with the annotated information.  Then ...

Can Anyone Tell Me When PTO Accrual Starts?
Aug 11, 2010

I thought in training I was told that it started accruing immediately (full time/full benefits), but looking back through my pay stubs, I didn't start accruing it until after I had been with the Q over 5 months. I've been looking on MQCentral, but I can't seem to find the answer.  I would love to know if they owe me back PTO...which would help a lot since I sit here for the third day in a row with no work! Thanks! ...

Here's How My Thursday Starts
Jun 11, 2015

ASR-a is-a stupid-a.  So-a I-a have-a to-a waste-a my-a time-a deleting-a every-a "a"-a because-a heaven-a forbid-a that-a MM-a make-a program-a that-a actually-a WORKS-a.  Hope you all have a better day than me! And that's just the first report-a!  ...

Dr. Starts With A Number At The Beginning, Does This Look Right?
Nov 05, 2009

Sixty percent of the symptoms are on the right, relative to 40% on the left. ...

What Happens When Obamacare Starts In 2014?
Apr 02, 2011

I was wondering what my fellow MTs think is going to happen starting 2014 when Obamacare kicks in.  I had read an article in the NY Post a while back that 74% of MDs surveyed plan to work part time, retire from medicine, or go in a new direction careerwise.  Do you think we'll see a decrease in work available, even SR editing work?  Do you think that if a great amount of MDs cut back or retire from medicine that would cause our profession to lessen in demand? ...

I Always Worry When A Doc Starts Spelling
Dec 07, 2011

He spelled cytoreduction for me tonight.  That makes me think that someone else misspelled it.    I just worry - in today's climate, if we make enough mistakes will they decide it 's easier to do it themselves if we can't do it right? It's late and I'm rambling, but I do think about this. ...

Since WebClock Starts On 12/22, Does That Mean Pay Week Is From Sat-Fri? Nm
Dec 18, 2012

nm ...

EditScript - Starts To Get Slow
Mar 01, 2014

Lately after I have done a few reports, EditScript starts to get slow.  I hit a key and there is a delay before it does anything.  Not much of a delay, but still delayed enough to slow me down.  Eventually, it gets soo slow that uploading the current report and downloading the next one becomes next to impossible and I have to close it out and reboot the program.  Anyone else experience this or know the problem and a fix?  TIA ...

What Did Poster Below Mean By "lockout"? Sm
Mar 30, 2010

what was the email regarding "lockout of schedule"?  thanks! ...

First Time Right Starts Working In My Area
May 07, 2010

When first time right actually starts working in my area, what kind of message will you get if you try to work outside of your schedule?  Will you be able to log in to DQS/DQM?  Thanks ...

Doc Starts Sentence With An Abbreviation? How To Capitalize
Oct 11, 2010

The doc starts the sentence with p.r.n., how would this be capitalized? P.r.n. ? P.R.N. ? ("p.r.n. medications for anxiety.") ...

Anytime Mmodal Starts Advertising Job
Oct 18, 2012

openings heavily, repeatedly, on every job site, you can bet the next webcast is going to be a doozy.  They know they're about to deliver bad news & many will quit in disgust.  That seems to have held true this time again. ...

Please Read Another One Below That Starts Ask Your Supervisor If Your Work
Sep 24, 2014

Please read back some weeks and months to get a feel for where we have been with Nuance!  ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Nuance New Fiscal Year Starts Oct 1, That's Why They Sm
Sep 26, 2014

want all the accounts bottomed out over this weekend.  Work done prior to Oct 1 counts as revenue for current fiscal year. ...

Partial Unemployment - Work Starts To Dwindle
Jun 01, 2013

If you are hired to work a 40 hour week and the work starts to dwindle, does anyone know when you can contact unemployment to collect partial unemployment...have also asked for a secondary account and have not heard a word back...am going on 3 weeks of not getting in my full 40 hours and am so frustrated...am in NJ, if anyone has any info...thanks so much! ...

Word To The Wise - If Your Work Starts To Trickle Down
Sep 19, 2014

You'd better be looking very quickly for a new job, because you may all of a sudden find yourself locked out of the system with no warning, no inkling of what's going on at all, no idea there is or was any sort of problem, nothing. No matter how nice you think your MTSO or manager is,  open your eyes if you notice anything amiss at all and do it fast.  Don't keep all your eggs in one basket,  I'm very glad I didn't.   If at all possible, pleas ...

Masters In Word Please Help! Each Line Starts With Capital Letter-need To Edit!
Oct 17, 2014

Hoping there are some masters in Microsoft Word on the board today. I have a document to edit that was originally a poem, and each line starts with a capital letter, i.e.: I went to the Store and bought Some milk. I need to go through and lower-case the words in the document that need to be (Store=store, Some=some). Does anyone know any tips/tricks/shortcuts that will help me do this quicker? I thought of find and replace, but some of the words actually do start a sentence in othe ...

Interviewing Tomorrow A.m.
Oct 19, 2010

I'm interviewing tomorrow morning with Amphion.  Even after all of these years in the MT business, I admit that while I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous.  Has anyone else interviewed with Amphion recently and can clue me in on what to expect?  I was told the interview process would take about 30 minutes but no other details.  Thanks for any input anyone can offer :-) ...

Who Will I Work For Tomorrow?
Oct 10, 2012

Very appropriate. ~ A Nuance MT.   http://hdstoday.com/?p=203#comment-444   ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

What A Relief. Tomorrow Is My Last Day.
Jun 13, 2013

I turned in my resignation 2 weeks ago and my last day is tomorrow.  No more nagging about line counts and MUP when they can't even pay me minimum wage (although mine is the second highest in the nation).  I've done this work for almost 9 years now and have enjoyed it, but the pay is just getting too low and I'm sure I can find something better in another field.  Good luck to you all. ...

I Am No Longer A MT- Tomorrow Will
Sep 30, 2014

my new life of not dealing with trying to produce a medical report for a MTSO to look good and make profit.  How things have changed in the medical world and it is getting ulgier by the day.  The demands put on MTs are totally unreasonable.  I am walking away because of retirement and I am thankful I can.  I honestly do not know if I could survive under the stress of trying to produce perfection for such minimal pay and know that a MTSO is making as much as me for each line I ...

Off To Virginia Tomorrow
Jan 24, 2015

Well, everything is all set.  I have all my reservations and my travel plans set.  Leaving tomorrow at noon, meeting the team on Monday morning at 8:15.  I'm scared to death!!  Besides this being my first filight EVER, I'm nervous about the second test that I'll have to take - I'm hoping that I pass!   ...

I'm New To MQ- Does The Pay Period End Today Or Tomorrow For The
Dec 14, 2009

They say the new pay period begins on a Sunday, so I was just wondering.  TIA I'm also going to have to teach myself how to use TimeWorks or what ever the clocking system is called.  Is this difficult? ...