A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EditScript - starts to get slow - sm

Posted: Mar 01, 2014

Lately after I have done a few reports, EditScript starts to get slow.  I hit a key and there is a delay before it does anything.  Not much of a delay, but still delayed enough to slow me down.  Eventually, it gets soo slow that uploading the current report and downloading the next one becomes next to impossible and I have to close it out and reboot the program.  Anyone else experience this or know the problem and a fix?  TIA

Yes, I have noticed that too - Depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
and sometimes the report I was finished with and uploaded just disappears and I don't get credit for it. :(

Similar Messages:

Editscript - How To Check My Line Count In Editscript? 
May 18, 2013

Can anybody tell me how to check my line count in Editscript?  ...

Is MT Starts Not Well Known?
May 28, 2010

Currently it says there are 161 visitors online.  Of all the MTs in the US this just seems like such a smalllllll number.  I know it gets up to like 320 that is the most I have seen EVER, and I have been on this board for a couple years (with some longer periods of absence for some reason)... Just wondering why there aren't more people?  I mean, not that I think there should be, I never have enough time to read any of the posts as it is haha...   ...

And So It Starts
Jun 29, 2014

I have a bad feeling about this one.  Some of you may "know" me, i am here once in a while, have been for a few years.  I am coder at a very large facility in midwest and have been for years. Last year our hospital installed Computer Assisted Coding and we are implementing it in stages.  First we used the annotated fields just to help identifying things that may/may not need to be coded.  Then we started getting suggested codes to go with the annotated information.  Then ...

Can Anyone Tell Me When PTO Accrual Starts?
Aug 11, 2010

I thought in training I was told that it started accruing immediately (full time/full benefits), but looking back through my pay stubs, I didn't start accruing it until after I had been with the Q over 5 months. I've been looking on MQCentral, but I can't seem to find the answer.  I would love to know if they owe me back PTO...which would help a lot since I sit here for the third day in a row with no work! Thanks! ...

Here's How My Thursday Starts
Jun 11, 2015

ASR-a is-a stupid-a.  So-a I-a have-a to-a waste-a my-a time-a deleting-a every-a "a"-a because-a heaven-a forbid-a that-a MM-a make-a program-a that-a actually-a WORKS-a.  Hope you all have a better day than me! And that's just the first report-a!  ...

Dr. Starts With A Number At The Beginning, Does This Look Right?
Nov 05, 2009

Sixty percent of the symptoms are on the right, relative to 40% on the left. ...

What Happens When Obamacare Starts In 2014?
Apr 02, 2011

I was wondering what my fellow MTs think is going to happen starting 2014 when Obamacare kicks in.  I had read an article in the NY Post a while back that 74% of MDs surveyed plan to work part time, retire from medicine, or go in a new direction careerwise.  Do you think we'll see a decrease in work available, even SR editing work?  Do you think that if a great amount of MDs cut back or retire from medicine that would cause our profession to lessen in demand? ...

I Always Worry When A Doc Starts Spelling
Dec 07, 2011

He spelled cytoreduction for me tonight.  That makes me think that someone else misspelled it.    I just worry - in today's climate, if we make enough mistakes will they decide it 's easier to do it themselves if we can't do it right? It's late and I'm rambling, but I do think about this. ...

Since WebClock Starts On 12/22, Does That Mean Pay Week Is From Sat-Fri? Nm
Dec 18, 2012

nm ...

Lockout Starts For Our Region April 7th-FYI
Mar 29, 2010

Just got the email today regarding the swap board and lockdown of schedule. ...

First Time Right Starts Working In My Area
May 07, 2010

When first time right actually starts working in my area, what kind of message will you get if you try to work outside of your schedule?  Will you be able to log in to DQS/DQM?  Thanks ...

Lockout Starts Tomorrow For Our CCM- North
Jul 12, 2010

I know some of you are on lockdown already and for that you have my utmost sympathy and empathy.  We are supposed to start tomorrow.  There are NO HOURS on the swap board and we have been running into NJA every day since MQ did the management shuffle.  I have my resumes out and took some tests this weekend.  Hopefully I will hear something soon so I can get off this merry-go-round that just isn't merry any longer.  I don't want to worry every wee ...

Doc Starts Sentence With An Abbreviation? How To Capitalize
Oct 11, 2010

The doc starts the sentence with p.r.n., how would this be capitalized? P.r.n. ? P.R.N. ? ("p.r.n. medications for anxiety.") ...

Anytime Mmodal Starts Advertising Job
Oct 18, 2012

openings heavily, repeatedly, on every job site, you can bet the next webcast is going to be a doozy.  They know they're about to deliver bad news & many will quit in disgust.  That seems to have held true this time again. ...

Please Read Another One Below That Starts Ask Your Supervisor If Your Work
Sep 24, 2014

Please read back some weeks and months to get a feel for where we have been with Nuance!  ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Nuance New Fiscal Year Starts Oct 1, That's Why They Sm
Sep 26, 2014

want all the accounts bottomed out over this weekend.  Work done prior to Oct 1 counts as revenue for current fiscal year. ...

Any Difference In EditScript MT 9 And EditScript MT 9.12?
Dec 29, 2011

Does anyone know if there is any difference in EditScript MT 9 and EditScript MT 9.12?  If there is, how can we update this? It seems that my new place of employments line counting is not the same as my old place of employment.  New employer has EditScript 9, while my old work had EditScript 9.12, and my line count was much more at my previous employer.  Now it seems I can put out tons of work and see not much for lines...  Very frustrating. When questioning my employer now, they say t ...

Partial Unemployment - Work Starts To Dwindle
Jun 01, 2013

If you are hired to work a 40 hour week and the work starts to dwindle, does anyone know when you can contact unemployment to collect partial unemployment...have also asked for a secondary account and have not heard a word back...am going on 3 weeks of not getting in my full 40 hours and am so frustrated...am in NJ, if anyone has any info...thanks so much! ...

Word To The Wise - If Your Work Starts To Trickle Down
Sep 19, 2014

You'd better be looking very quickly for a new job, because you may all of a sudden find yourself locked out of the system with no warning, no inkling of what's going on at all, no idea there is or was any sort of problem, nothing. No matter how nice you think your MTSO or manager is,  open your eyes if you notice anything amiss at all and do it fast.  Don't keep all your eggs in one basket,  I'm very glad I didn't.   If at all possible, pleas ...

Masters In Word Please Help! Each Line Starts With Capital Letter-need To Edit!
Oct 17, 2014

Hoping there are some masters in Microsoft Word on the board today. I have a document to edit that was originally a poem, and each line starts with a capital letter, i.e.: I went to the Store and bought Some milk. I need to go through and lower-case the words in the document that need to be (Store=store, Some=some). Does anyone know any tips/tricks/shortcuts that will help me do this quicker? I thought of find and replace, but some of the words actually do start a sentence in othe ...

Doctor Starts Dictation With "Today Is Free Slurpee Day"
Jul 11, 2013

So I think I'll go get my free Slurpee - Doctor's orders.  ...

Who's Ready For Amy's Contest "quality Starts With Me?" Oh Boy
Apr 25, 2013

Can't wait for another thrilling contest ...

Slow DQS
Feb 03, 2010

I would still like to hear from more of you about whether or not you have problems with DQS being slow.  Today was one of the worst days I have ever had.  I recently spent over 3 hours with support but no one has a definitive answer.  I can tell you all that when Kaspersky does a virus scan, you cannot work at all.  You may not even be able to get into Schedule Source to sign out.  No one in tech support can tell whether it is my computer, my DSL, or some other reason an ...

DQS Slow?
Aug 01, 2010

Is anyone else having trouble with DQS moving slowly this morning?  It's taking forever for the few jobs trickling in to download, ADT searches to run, etc.  I've been having some internet issues, so I'm not sure if it's me or DQS. Thanks! ...

DQS Slow
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else noticing reports loading very slowly on DQS ...

Slow Work?
Oct 14, 2009

Is anyone else slow? So far this week I've had less then 40 small reports. ...

DQS Slow Or Not Working?
Feb 17, 2010

Is DQS having a problem today?  I cant download a report. ...

Slow Job Downloading
Feb 24, 2010

Anybody else sick of DQS sometimes taking forever to download a job and then being told that it is either our computer's fault or our internet connection??  My internet and computer has not changed since this started happening.  However, it did start when they updated DQS, but, of course, that can't be the reason! ...

Seems Strange That Everything In MQ Is So Slow.
Apr 13, 2010

Every site having to do with MQ is as slow as molasses.  Other Internet sites whiz along.  Trying to check MQ E-mail, clock in, etc. is always a draaaaaaaaggggg.  Is it their equipment or poor IT I wonder?  Either way, once again makes you wonder about their accuracy on any of our numbers.  Does their software "catch" everything or are some of my lines are flying past while it is dragging like a snail?   ...