A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

got the boot. Do I have to sign the corrective action form? sm - zig

Posted: Jun 15, 2010

After being with MQ for 11 years and with YOG (bought out by MQ) for years prior to that, I got the boot for something I know I did not do.  I got the call yesterday, 6/14, for a violation that I'm accused of making a couple of weeks ago.  So why the delay?  Why did it take 2 weeks for them to contact me?  The thing that gets me is its their word against mine.  How are we supposed to defend ourselves?  Once a report has been transcribed and submitted, its out of our hands.  We have no way of proving that the report was changed on their end and then they turn around and place the blame back on the MT in an effort to "clean house".  Prior to the MQ buy out, I used to get praise from the QA staff for the quality of my work.  Now all I've gotten for the last couple years is nothing but criticism.  I feel that if I sign the corrective action form I'll be admitting to doing something that I didn't do.  Has anyone ever refused to sign one? 

Wow. So sorry, but . . . - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for what happened, but it's probably for the best you're getting out of MQ. You deserve better.

There is no reason whatsoever that you have to sign that form. They can fire you for whatever reason they want (or no reason at all), but I definitely would not sign a form that says I did something I'm pretty sure I didn't do. They can't do anything to make you sign.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll find a better company to work for.

Write a rebuttal - jaeme

[ In Reply To ..]
You know, since everyone knows about the mandatory 80% of MQ work that has to go to India because of the SEC filings, they are probably just looking for anyone to get rid of that they possibly can. Instead of signing it, I would write on it that I refuse to sign something that is unproven, and I understand that this is just an underhanded ploy to get rid of people so that MQ can send CBay/India their 80% as required in SEC filings. Will it matter to them? Maybe not...but at least they will start figuring out that their employees aren't as stupid as they think they are!

I refused to sign, and they wanted me to sign a form stating that - I refused to sign the original form. They won (?).

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No they didn't. - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
No reason not to sign that - by signing it, you are confirming that you don't agree with the corrective action form, and therefore refused to sign the original form. It just documents that you disagree with their corrective action. That is actually a good thing for you to have in your file.
(By the way, in my former life I was an HR director, so know something about this stuff).

I would still sign NOTHING these snakes put - in front of me. (n/m)

[ In Reply To ..]

I would sign NOTHING. And, I would tell them what - then can go do to themselves.

[ In Reply To ..]
They always kept YOU worrying, looking over your shoulder, wondering what's coming next, right? Well, this time, don't sign anything that might protect them legally. Regardless of whether you plan to sue or not, let THEM do the worrying, for a change.

If you don't sign, what can they do - fire you? - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]

what on earth did you do? - I am freaking out

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been reading these posts of people getting fired for no reason and especially the long-timers.

Do I have to start copying every report right now???

I am so scared. Will you get unemployment?

I would start copying. Only way to protect yourself. - Long-timers should consider a little class-action,

[ In Reply To ..]
x

lemme guess....a HIPAA violation? - like staying in an old chart

[ In Reply To ..]
too long or trying to decipher a CC that turned out to be the wrong one?

you got that right! sm - zig

[ In Reply To ..]
Accused of changing the dictator's name, which I know for a fact I did not do. I know the doctor's name and voice. There is no way I would have changed it. What I did change was the W/T. It was coded an H&P. Doc stated it was a surgical consult and admit note (I made a note of that fact). Since there was no such report type, I changed it to a consult because the doctor started his dictation as "reason for consultation". According to MQ though, I changed the doc's name...NOT!!!!!! and they canned me. As my husband said, its their loss not mine. I can now enjoy a wonderful summer and quit walking on egg shells every day.

GOOD GRIEF. So if they enter the wrong ID and we - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
happen to not catch it or hear it incorrectly, we'll be fired?! This is by far the most ridiculous cr@p I've ever heard in my life. No way would I sign ANYTHING. What are they going to do about it if you don't sign it, fire you?!
Yep, I KNEW THIS WAS COMING. DO NOT GET - PAID ENOUGH FOR THIS CRAP!
[ In Reply To ..]
That is why I am getting out of the sweat job shop. Really stupid to stay in this field, especially with the HIPPA laws. My old CCM has sent approximately 19 emails regarding a warning about HIPPA laws and about sending copies and doctor's names, etc. I knew this was coming when we had to watch the video of the 5 scenarios of what could happen. I do not have 2,500 sitting in savings to payout for a screw up let alone the cost of 25,000 or even 250,000 and then get fired for it.

You mean they can fine us for a HIPPA violation? - Has this happened to anyone? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Wouldn't a prosecutable 'violation' imply that it - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
was done intentionally?? If the dictator enters an incorrect ID or MRN, or if we 'hear' it incorrectly, that's an accident. How can they prosecute you for an accident (not to mention they'd be prosecuting MQ, not the MT anyway, but that's another discussion), but how can they prosecute you for an accident yet send all these reports with this info OVERSEAS where they're full of errors and security breaches?! WHAT A JOKE THIS IS.

HUSBAND WAS RIGHT ZIG! - Major blessing in disguise.

[ In Reply To ..]
Listen to your husband. He is so right! It is definitely MQ's loss not your loss. You will win out of this because you are FREE AND I MEAN FREE! Eleven years with them (from what you said in the earlier post). You are out of there and done with them. GOOD FOR YOU! I myself have seriously aged big time in the last 10 years with this company. Now you can go onto bigger and BETTER things in life than the mean MQ. From my point of view, you were probably paid too much (in their eyes) when in fact you are probably grossly underpaid in reality because of working for them for 11 years and they had to come up with something to get rid of us older, more mature, and know better employees.

Questions for you ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When you say you "got the boot" are you meaning fired or written up? Big difference. You wouldn't be asked to sign a corrective action form if you were fired.

It is a rare situation that they outright fire an MT - there has to be issues ongoing and a performance plan in place.

Third, your corrective action form is your opportunity to voice your opinion. Signing it does not mean you agree with what they are doing. It has a place you can state your side. Use it appropriately for yourself.

Yes, they can version every report and see what the MT did, what QA did, what the client changed, what was changed in the report after the client received it, etc. Voice stays for 30 days.

Go through HR and request a meeting with your management with HR present. Ask for a copy of that report showing what YOU did versus what QA did, etc.

Refusing to sign is pointless.

"got the boot" means fired... and yes, they want me to sign a corrective action form. nm - zig

[ In Reply To ..]
x

oh yeah - and I would trust that

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not trust a company who stole lines from us MTs to show me what was changed in my report. I 100% believe they can change what they want and say that it came to them like that.
Whatever...

I don't know what the - What the

[ In Reply To ..]
color of the sky is in your world, but MQ does fire people without previous performance issues. HIPAA is a big thing right now and they have to find somebody to fire for it, so they pass the buck to the unvisible MT. Yes, they do ask you to sign a form if it is a HIPAA violation even if they fire you.

form just a CYA for MQ - no need to sign

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a verbal/written warning for a non HIPPA violation and they wanted me to sign the form and I refused. I did, however, contact HR and sent them my own comments I wanted added to the form in my defense. This form is a CYA for MQ- in case of a HIPPA violation if MQ does not perform corrective action then they can get in trouble too. It is much easier for MQ to throw their MTs under the bus rather than get on the doctor or actually defend their MTs. You do not have to sign it and can certainly add your own comments. I am sorry about your job though.

What were you accused of doing? - May I Ask?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

READ the line "You got that right! Solu-Medrol by Zig" - MarineMom

[ In Reply To ..]
she tells what she was accused of doing
HAHA Darned word expander!! "sm" NOT Solu-Medrol - MarineMom
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Hahaha! Sorry, that was too funny. - SMILE. No message below.
[ In Reply To ..]
YOU MADE MY DAY!
Actually, I was referring to the non-HIPPA violator and asking what she did. nm - May I Ask?
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I believe the term used was insurbordination - no need to sign
[ In Reply To ..]
I had the audacity to call out my QKL and my CCM on discrepancies between the CP and the "samples" the QKL was sending out and conflicting info relayed in emails. Asked for clarification and got written up because I didn't know which rules to follow. My CCM told me I was the worst MT she ever had and if she could she would have fired me on the spot, but HR wouldn't let her escalate directly from a verbal to termination. I sent in my own rebuttal to HR and just sucked it up and was a good girl for the next 6 pay periods until that came off my record. But the happy ending is the CCM got fired for not forwarding emails from corporate, you know those pesky ones about MTs switching regions and needing new log in IDs. Karma is a #$%^ sometimes.

consider yourself blessed (sm) - ontothem

[ In Reply To ..]
You can enjoy this beautiful summer and put this immoral, unethical, illegal nonsense behind you.

Hope that all who have left/let go take time to contact their State's Labor Departments/Human Rights Division. We ARE being discriminated against (based on nationality) and the Human Rights complaint form should be sent to every MT's State Labor Dept.

Bet an investigation would uncover other illegal activities that we are not even aware of.

Take some time to breathe in your newfound FREEDOM. Surely something BETTER will come up for you to do for a living. The rest of us are sure to follow soon as we are incapable of producing an accurate note, full of CRITICAL errors and HIPPA violations. :-(

x-YOGer - ***

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you work for C*MC?
Full time or part time?
Did you opt for CMT raise?
Was this an april phone call?

Got the boot - there is a way to see what - MtnMT

[ In Reply To ..]
the report looked like before QA got their hands on it. Login to DQM statistics. Drop box to "details" then set parameters whether correction or transcription, select the date of job and hit enter. When the list comes up, click on your job. When header comes up go to the bottom and select "count log payroll" and hit enter. The report you see is what you sent in BEFORE it went to QA. This is the proof of how you sent in and whether or not it's different when from the DQS format to view it. Hope this makes sense, and good luck if you decide to pursue it.

Similar Messages:

Corrective Action
Apr 13, 2013

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - I tried to post and then it disapeared.  Anyhow, does anyone know how many corrective actions you can get before you get canned?  I've gotten 2 recently for production. :/ ...

Five Months In & I Got My First 'corrective Action' Today
Jul 24, 2014

According to MModal: "MT failed to meet the lines per hour production requirement for PPE 7/19/14. MT’s LPH during that pay period was 106.  Issuing verbal corrective action." My reply: "There seems to be a discrepancy with the LPH, because according to Fluency, I'm usually above the 150/hour.  But short of limiting restroom breaks until after work, having a DSL line that is working superiorly and enduring 8 hours of continuous lower back pain without stretching my leg (I ...

Is It Cam Boot Or CAM Boot? I'm Never Sure And I Find It Both Ways!
Nov 18, 2014

xx ...

How Does Your Work Do Corrective Actions?
May 17, 2012

I recently went from working for a national at home transcription company to working in a local hospital typing radiology reports.  The manager here has never worked at home and has no experiencing being a manager.  She has only ever typed in a dermatologist's office.  She is very strict about mistakes and putting them in our file.  If you have something in prelim that you are questioning and she finds an error somewhere else in the report you get docked for that.  ...

Cam Boot
Nov 05, 2014

So is Cam boot spelled like that or CAM bood? ...

Boot For Offloading
Mar 21, 2010

We will also request s/l Roys Blue Boot to offload these areas. ...

S/l Broca Boot
Jun 21, 2011

Hi - I have a patient who had a resection of the left distal phalanx.  Dictator says quite plainly "broca boot."  All Google searches and Stedman's searches are coming up empty.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!   ...

Getting The Boot From M*Modal
May 16, 2013

Well, at least you guys didn't get the boot like I did.  I don't want to say any names, but I had to take a leave last year for medical reasons and I've never been quite right.  I got this new supervisor who absoultely can't stand me.  You know you can tell, even though I know I am good at what I do.  Then, I was sick the other night and told her about it and 2 weeks later, i am told I am going under displinary probation because I made a 98.9 on my audit w ...

Sounds Like Systol Boot (orthopaedic)
Feb 07, 2012

She utilized the Cam boot and discontinued it as she felt significantly improved.  She is weightbearing as tolerated.  She has occasional pain.  She is utilizing a __________ boot.   thank you! ...

Sounds Like Charki Boot For Foot Ulcer
Dec 02, 2013

x ...

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Call To Action-ASR
May 28, 2010

We have talked about unions, organizing, etc.  Probably not very realistic.  But surely there is some way to have our voices heard in numbers regarding the fact ASR is not the product they tell us it is.  All these numbers being based around the fact we can be so much more productive on ASR are lies.  If it were true, we would all shut up and produce.  Our voices are not being heard.  MQ should stand behind their claims.  I tried again to get positive changes m ...

Legal Action
Jun 10, 2010

I really can't believe this....well I can. I quit Medquist three weeks ago. I promptly received my labels to return my equipment which included a letter saying I needed to return the equipment within 14 days.....5 DAYS LATER...I get a letter via UPS, which I had to sign for, saying I MUST return the equipment within 7 days or legal action will be put upon me!!! Really??? First of all, I've been trying unsuccessfully to find a box and packing to protect the computer in transit, but furt ...

IS THERE ANY LEGAL ACTION WE CAN TAKE
Apr 03, 2013

For constantly getting no jobs on your shift anymore?  This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!  It has been since December and is just getting constantly worse!  My shift is supposed to be 5 hours and I very rarely get more than 2.5 hours of work, tonight just 2 hours!  My supervisor says she has too many MTs in our group, SO WHY AREN'T WE MOVING PEOPLE AROUND!?  There must be something legally that can be done about this!  It is totally unfair!  I have worked for ...

NJA - Legal Action
Aug 05, 2013

Has anyone spoken to a lawyer about NJA and not being paid for that time, or being forced to use our PTO, even though it's not our request to have a day off? Just wondering, because I'm thinking of speaking to a lawyer, can't imagine this is legal. ...

"Feeg" Walking Boot?
Feb 05, 2010

Does anyone know the different types of walking boots?  I didn't get much help from Google.  This sounds like either Peeg or Feeg, almost also sounds like "pH" walking boot. Thanks guys ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Fair Pay, Collective Action
Aug 14, 2011

MedQuist has steadily decreased its pay for speech recognition to a level that forces experienced medical transcriptionists into poverty.  Currently, speech recognition at 300 lines per hour pays less than that earned by a nursing assistant with only 2 weeks of training. We are calling for a universal action beginning 1 September 2011, with a demand that MedQuist increase the speech recognition rate to at least 85% of what we earn with straight transcription.  EFFECTIVE September 1, 2 ...

MT Week Direct Action
May 10, 2012

more. May Day! May Day! The MT ship is listing and worse! Join us in a Letters to the Editor Campaign Online and in Print Starting MT Week! Here is what we are doing and asking you as a working MT to do. Whenever you are OOW, NJA, etc., draft a letter, compile a list of local newspapers and blogs in your area or nationally and start mailing them, posting them or emailing them to the editor. Let us be productive during our OOW times and do something about our collective situations. You can req ...

Class Action Lawsuit?
Apr 08, 2013

Wondering how/if all of us who work for MModal can start a class action lawsuit against them?  What for you ask?  Oh gee......lying to us, taking our work away from us, saying they'll pay a certain amount but really do not, bad TSMs.....etc, etc.  What all those are called in legal terms, I have no idea.  I am 60 years old and not close to retirement age yet.....Michigan does not allow part time UE, so what the heck am I going to do for a living for the next 2 years?&nbs ...

How Do You Get A Class Action Suit
May 20, 2013

Sorry - awhile back thought I was going to lose my job.  I am so fed up with they keep lying to us about our pay, etc, - well I am cornerstone - saw someome on here the other day -usually do not see Cornerstone- anyway - I just emailed Shaw or whatever his name is - Amay's second hand guy - kind of scared but at the same time feel empowered ...

Exactly What Is The Performance Action Plan ?
Sep 25, 2014

I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the thread. I'm wondering exactly what the peformance action plan is. Are any of you on this and what is the reason behind why you were put on it. TIA.  ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

IC Tax Form?
Feb 01, 2012

Is there a tax form that you are supposed to receive if you are an IC? From the company you IC for? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance.  ...

W-9 Form
Jan 08, 2014

I worked as an IC transcriptionist in 2013 for approximately 4 months.   The company sent a W-9 form and is requesting it be signed and sent back.  I did not make a total of $600.00 when I was working for them, which I've understood from others that if you make less than $600.00 you don't need to send in a W-9 form.  Can someone clarify on this? Thanks so much.   ...

Nuance Disciplinary Action Plan
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone know what, if any, disciplinary action Nuance has taken due to variances between system hours and hands-on-keyboard hours? Also, less than committed hours due to OOW situations (and not making it up during nonwork hours)? I want to know if these are things I even need to get worked up over. ...

Transcend Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 29, 2014

Does anyone have any idea how the above lawsuit is progressing.  I received an e-mail a few months ago, informing us Transcend had not compiled all the necessary discovery and they had a second hearing late last year.  Maybe one of the original 13 or so plaintiffs has some information ? Thanking you in advance.   ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Class Action Lawsuit MModal
May 10, 2014

Anyone know about any class action lawsuit by employees in terms of MModal? ...