A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

W-9 Form - K

Posted: Jan 08, 2014

I worked as an IC transcriptionist in 2013 for approximately 4 months.   The company sent a W-9 form and is requesting it be signed and sent back.  I did not make a total of $600.00 when I was working for them, which I've understood from others that if you make less than $600.00 you don't need to send in a W-9 form.  Can someone clarify on this?

Thanks so much.

W9 is required always, it's the 1099 that is for above $600 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They should have gotten the W9 at the beginning - IRS requires them to have it for all ICs. They are only required to send you a 1099 if you make more than 600, which they wouldn't really know at the beginning.

Similar Messages:

IC Tax Form?
Feb 01, 2012

Is there a tax form that you are supposed to receive if you are an IC? From the company you IC for? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance.  ...

Use Plural Form?
Feb 28, 2010

Family history is positive with mother and father having *history* of diabetes. This is how the doctor dictates it.  Should it be *histories* ??  I have the freedom correct things like this if I see fit.  Thanks! ...

To Those Who Were Looking Into How To Form A Union For MTs
Oct 20, 2012

What did you find out? Did you make any headway? P.S. Please no negative posts. ...

Plural Form
Oct 25, 2012

Plural form of retina. Is it retinae? Or retinas? I find both when I google it, but nothing in my word book or dictionary stating the plural form. Thank you! ...

FORM A UNION
Nov 20, 2012

We need to form a union and be done with all this complaining and stop taking their! ...

No W2 Form Today!
Jan 31, 2014

I just got the mail and it's not here.  Anybody else not get their W2 form by today?  I thought it was the law to send out paper copies by the 31st.  Grrr!  I guess that means I have to buy an insanely expensive ink jet refill for my printer.  More expenses, less pay.  ...

Do We Still Use Numeric Form Of 1-9 Instead Of Spelling Out Out, Two, Etc.? NM
Nov 24, 2010

x ...

My W2 Form Just Sent Me Into A Major Funk!
Jan 26, 2011

Now, I already knew I didn't do well financially this year.  It was evident every time I had to "borrow" money from my retirement account to pay the bills each month.  But, I just received my W2 form, and discovered I did even worse than I thought I did!  Working an average of 6 full days a week, 10-12 hours a day, with only 3 days of time off all year, and no sick days, I made just over $20,000.  This with over 30 years of extremely well-rounded medic ...

S/l Hive Form Lesions
Aug 05, 2011

s/l hive-form lesions, or is it high-form lesions? ...

Is Anyone Still Waiting To Get Their Tax Form From Zylomed?/nm
Feb 01, 2012

x ...

IRS Form SS-8 Worker Status
Jun 02, 2012

If you believe your current or past work status is/was improperly categorized by a firm or person (independent contractor versus employee) you can complete IRS Form SS-8 (Determination of Worker Status for Purposes of Federal Employment Taxes and Income Tax Withholding).  There is no fee for requesting a Form SS-8 determination letter.    IRS:  "Employers who misclassify workers as independent contractors can end up with substantial tax bills.  Additionally, t ...

QTS Posts Job As 'no Audio And In PDF Form.'
Jul 13, 2012

What is PDF form? Doesn't sound good. ...

Orthovisc Verb Form?
Nov 19, 2012

The doctor said "orthovisced her right knee". Should it be lowercase like steri-stripped? This is a verbatim account. I'm not finding "orthovisced" as a proper term, but he is talking about Orthovisc. TIA ...

I Just Sent My Enrollment Form For Andrews. Sm
May 22, 2013

Thankfully (but sadly) a death in the family has given me the finances and the free time to concentrate on it and work only part time.  Here's hoping I am as motivated as I think I am.  ;)   For anyone who has done Andrews, with something like terminology and anatomy, did your MT experience (I have 15 years) and superior research skills allow you to complete that module faster than expected? Doesn't matter in the long run because I want it right more than I want it fas ...

Shortened Form For Subcutaneous
Aug 10, 2013

Good morning.  I am a court reporter who does many medical depositions and a discussion ensued amongst us whether subcutaneous is shortened to subq, sub-Q, subcu.  Is there a preference amongst medical transcriptionists on how to write it?  Thank you. ...

Is TTS Connected To Nuance In Any Form?
Jan 15, 2015

You never know which companies Nuance or M-Modal will eat up next, but seem slike I had heard TTS does overflow or somehow is connected with Nuance.  Anyone know the truth on this one? ...

Imedx 1099 Form
Jan 31, 2015

I worked for Imedx for 5-6 months last year as an IC.  I still have not received my 1099.  I have proof that I worked for them because of my bank statements.  Has anyone else not received their 1099?  I am going to call their corporate office Monday. ...

Has Anyone Ever Filled Out A Form 4562 For Taxes
Apr 01, 2012

I bought a computer that I used for work (100% work, nothing else).  I know I file 4562, section 179, but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out where I am supposed to put the information.  It's just the computer and nothing else.  I read that I do not have to depreciate this, it falls under eligible property.  Just confused where to put the info. I'm filling out the forms by hand.  I absolutely hate hate hate Turbo tax and two years ago H&R blo ...

Has Anyone Ever Called The IRS Directly To Get Help Filling Out A Form
Apr 03, 2012

This is now my third day trying to fill out form 4562.  Since it's just a computer I bought you would think it would be easy.  No, I have to fill out a worksheet, read some pub, enter the figure from line 29 (which I'm only on line 7, but I can't complete line 29 because I haven't completed line first part of the form).  Line 1 I enter the real property, line 4 I enter the real property put in place (which evidently my understanding are two different things, ot ...

Pleural Form Of Dorsalis Pedis? Nm
Sep 21, 2012

pleural form of dorsalis pedis?  nm ...

Where Can I Find The Family Leave Form??
Nov 20, 2013

x ...

What's The Proper Form Of Salutation In A Letter To
Mar 09, 2014

His full title is   Joe Doe,  VP of Student Success, but he's actually a provost? So how would you respectfully and properly (sucking up) address this person in a letter?  Dear Provost Doe?   Dear Mr. Doe?     ...

Medicare 1500 Form Question
Aug 27, 2014

Can anybody PLEASE tell me the correct way to put a patient's last name on the 1500 form for a Medicare patient when the last name has three parts separted by spaces, i.e. AA BB CCC, FirstName, MI, which is the exact way the name is on the patient's Medicare card. Medicare denied the claim. Then we put the last name as AABBCCC, but it was denied again. I had a similar problem a few months ago when a patient had a suffix after the last name and was able to call Medicare and was given sp ...

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

Helping With An Orthopedic Acct.. S/l Choneal Form
Mar 31, 2010

mild tenderness of the dorsal midfoot medially. He is maximally tender over the medial choneal form as well as the tenonavicular articulation.   talonavicular I think the second word is. ...

Got The Boot. Do I Have To Sign The Corrective Action Form? Sm
Jun 15, 2010

After being with MQ for 11 years and with YOG (bought out by MQ) for years prior to that, I got the boot for something I know I did not do.  I got the call yesterday, 6/14, for a violation that I'm accused of making a couple of weeks ago.  So why the delay?  Why did it take 2 weeks for them to contact me?  The thing that gets me is its their word against mine.  How are we supposed to defend ourselves?  Once a report has been transcribed and submitted, its out o ...

Cold Crystalloid Cardioplegia In The Form Of S/l Crystadiol 40 ML/kg
Jul 14, 2010

Hi all. Here's the sentence...Cold crystalloid cardioplegia in the form of s/l crystadiol 40 mL/kg was then administered in an antegrade fashion.   Any help very much appreciated. Thanks.         ...

...Cold Crystalloid Cardioplegia In The Form Of S/l Crystadiol 40 ML/kg
Jul 14, 2010

Hi all. Here's the sentence...Cold crystalloid cardioplegia in the form of s/l crystadiol 40 mL/kg was then administered in an antegrade fashion.  Any help very much appreciated. Thanks. ...

How To Type Book Reference In Letter Form?
Mar 06, 2012

Letter to insurance saying why procedure is needed. In body, he references this book.  How to type? Perez and Brady's Principle and Practice of Radiation Oncology, fifth edition, radiation oncology textbook, page 1622, also states ...

I Downloaded The Labor Standards Complaint Form
Apr 05, 2012

For the great State of Wisconsin (as they say). All that free data entry we do, headers and so on - yeah, I'm gonna put a price on all that.  Go ahead and tell me, State of Wisconsin, that in the great United States of America, workers can be expected to DONATE their time and effort to a company, and it's A-OK.  Go ahead, tell me that - so I can add it into my video. ...