A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

are there specific regions - oldtimer1

Posted: Feb 28, 2014

Specific regions??? I wish. I am supposed to be West but have reports from California, Oregon, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia, etc.  You name it.  Hardly ever the same client or dictator. This doesn't make it easy to make line count or any money having to start over with every report.  

Yes, there are 2 regions - east and west - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When your accounts are out of work, you will either receive NJA or work from another region if they need help. That work can come from anywhere in the US.

yeah, be careful what you wish for - you will find yourself NJA

[ In Reply To ..]
take it where you can get it.

are there specific regions - oldtimer1

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really not complaining, just hard to get my quota and make any money. I'll be glad when things pick up again and back to regular client.
You may be waiting a while ... - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
According to conversations I've had with my TSM this week, this is the new normal. Loads of MTs all competing for the same small work flow. My TSM said she's had to off-load at least half a dozen MTs this week alone just to keep the rest of us from getting starved out of work.

MModal's account situation is kind of like having a ton of passengers (us) on a sinking ship (MModal) with too few life boats (work). We're all glomming on to whatever work we can, but there are far too many employees for the available work coming in.

Similar Messages:

Specific Information For Your TAA
Mar 09, 2010

I just spoke with my TAA representative and he told me when you apply for UI through TAA, use the Medquist TAW#72153.  This is the official, approved number given to our beloved company proving they are getting rid of our American jobs to Indian workers.  The most important paragraph I found in the approved petition was: "All workers of MedQuist, Inc., Mount Laurel, New Jersey including workers at home sites throughout the United States, who became totally or partially separated from ...

Specific Gravity
Jan 22, 2011

In urinalysis, dictates specific gravity 1016.  He says "ten sixteen". Would you change this to 1.016? ...

Specialty Specific
Sep 12, 2012

I am a big cardiology buff and would love to do only cardiology transcription. If anyone has knowledge of places that have a lot of cardio accounts, would you be kind enough to point me in their direction. You can e-mail if you don't want to put names in open.  I can offer help in return too as able.  TIA. ...

NJA IN MQ REGIONS
Jul 28, 2010

Is there any particular region that gets NJA more than others?  Would you be willing to post your state?  I'm wondering why my region is bombarded with work in the past 6 - 8 months.  I am getting calls and emails BEGGING for help. We are always back logged and being offered bonuses and incentive pay.  I am in SW New Mexico.  It is easy to get help and a hold of my CCM and RTL and they are very helpful and professional. Just wondering if it's all in one area o ...

What Are Regions?
Apr 07, 2011

Does it mean your main hospitals/clinics are in a specific region?  Just curious as I'm former Spheris & we didn't have anything like that.  My primary is in FL & my backups are from coast to coast pretty much. ...

Can A Culture Be Specific For Cipro?
Dec 18, 2009

He says "pus aspirated from the abscess and the culture was specific for cipro.  He was placed on cipro".    Is that right?  ...

Client Specifics Should Be Less Specific!!
Jan 13, 2010

Why, oh why can't all the dictators on one account use the same format????!!!!! Dozens of doctors on the same account and they all want different styles.  Some want headings capped, some do not.   Some want bold, some do not.  Some want them underlined and some do not.  Some want PHYSICAL EXAM, some PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, and then some EXAM.  Followinig on down in a note, you can just imagine how many differences there are with each dictator.  These guys ...

Specific Questions About TransTech...please Help If You Can SM
Nov 04, 2011

Full time is considered 40 hours/5500 lines per week, right? Is it a mix of straight typing and VR? Are there a lot of ESL...or about average? How much per pay period does the single healthcare premium cost?  Are the benefits good?  Is there PTO, 401K, etc?  Are they very strict about your schedule...or could one work 2 hours outside their schedule either way (and still do 8 hours)? Do they provide the computer/equipment?  Do you have to pay to lease their equipment ...

Took The Survey And Was Very Specific With My Opinions
Dec 13, 2011

Very specific: Low pay, no incentive, extremely stringent time constraints, TIME CLOCK, MedQ does not support the workforce that currently makes their company.  Acknowledged that MedQ is busily developing technology to do away with the MT, but in the meantime, need to pay the highly skilled MTs that keep them in business.  Also acknowledged that personally I do not have a problem with a capitalist principle to develop said technology to make seemless VR into the EMR.. But until that ...

Looking For A Specific Name For A Surgical Catheter
Sep 15, 2014

This is an orthopedic procedure, total elbow arthroplasty.   Prior to closure, a new (s/l) PIGMAN catheter was placed in the superolateral aspect of the elbow as an inflow, and a medium Hemovac was placed in the distal lateral aspect of the elbow, both seen in the joint.   ...

When They Ask For A Specific Foot Pedal....
Feb 12, 2015

I scratch my head.  I have always had a V-pedal and there are ads I come across that say in their 'MUST HAVES' an Infinity pedal is needed.  Why?  I can't see any reason for this?  And of course, "if you don't meet these req's don't apply."  Anybody relate?  ...

Looking For A Specific Keyboard Cover
Apr 27, 2015

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom covers for split keyboards?  I have a Goldtouch I got off of eBay a couple of months ago and I need a cover.  Sick of it getting dust bunnies.  TIA ...

Transcend Regions?
Jan 31, 2010

When I was with MQ, it had regions, but in all the information we MDIers have thus received, I don't remember anyone talking about regions.  So will the accts that merged over be split into regions? By the way, has anyone (MDIers) received the new log-in numbers yet?  I expect we'll need them for tomorrow and I have yet to hear about mine... ...

MMEs In All Regions Mainly Doing MT And
Apr 06, 2010

NM   ...

Swapboard - Are Any Regions Using It??????
May 28, 2010

I am in the north region and no one is using the Swapboard except me, which does not do me any good!!  What is going on???  Any other regions actively using it??? ...

What Regions Have Work Right Now?
Jan 04, 2012

Are there any regions that are working here in the UNITED STATES today right now?  ...

Help On How To Write These Regions
Apr 24, 2012

The patient's peritoneal carcinomatosis index is 34.  This is as follows:  Region 03, region 13, region 23, region 33, region 42, region 53, region 63, region 73, region 82, region 92, region and 102, region 112, region 123.  The small bowel serosa surface and had minimal disease. They were dictated as region zero 3, 1 3, etc.  Im thinking maybe I should have them as 0-3, 1-3, etc all the way down the line to region 10-2, 11-2, 12-3???  ...

NJA In One Of The North Regions
May 29, 2013

I know Memorial Day slowed the work down, but come on!!! ...

Mergining Of Regions?
Aug 06, 2014

Can someone explain what this merge of regions is? I have not received a single email regarding any changes. ...

All The Regions Are Merged Into One?
Aug 16, 2014

TSM (whatever) sent e-mail saying "With the merger of all regions into one..." I thought it was just a couple of BoBs merging.  Ok. I'd say TSMs will be on the chopping block first, then us, then the suits can put on the party hats and open the Mysore facility with glee. ...

Do You Ever Get So Sick Of A Specific Dictator's Voice That You
Sep 12, 2013

nm ...

Has Anyone Ever Asked, When Told A Specific Doctor
Jul 17, 2014

was complaining about your work, asked who the doc was and been told?  ...

Question Abour Your Regions?
Dec 21, 2009

From reading MQs posts it seems that different regions do better than others.   My question is, are you hired and put into a "Region" according to where you live or your experience, or who needs help, or . . . ?   Have a Merry X-Mas and hopefully a Happy New Year! ...

Quality Guidlines Across Regions
Apr 24, 2010

After discussing with some MTs in other regions, I am discovering that MMEs across regions are doing things differently.  I just became an MME last year and had not done QA before.  We have repeatedly been told to only fix what is WRONG - and to NOT make the report look like we typed it ourselves.  In other words, don't be picky - only change it if it changes the meaning of the sentence/report. However, this is not the case across regions.  I've seen MTs in other r ...

Slow In One Of The North Regions
Aug 01, 2012

Jobs dribbling in drip.....drip.....drip ...

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

Any Companies Out There Who Leave You Alone And Do Not Require Specific Hours
Feb 19, 2013

Are there any companies out there who let you just do your work and do not require you to give them a time or if you leave your computer that they constantly harrass you? ...

Creation Of 'super Regions' So Do We No Longer Have A BOB?
Nov 06, 2013

just got the email from my HSDM.  Don't want to copy word for word on here.  ...

Multiple Regions Of Low Density In Both Sides Of The Internal Capsule. Probably Represent Old (s/l)
Aug 09, 2010

Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule. Probably represent old (s/l) "pointment" or infarctions. ...

Let's Try This One More Time. "Multiple Regions Of Low Density In Both Sides Of The Intern
Aug 10, 2010

Let's try this one more time. "Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule. Probably represent old (s/l) 'pointment' or infarctions." ...