A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Would you put quotes around the specific name of a form the patient filled out? - JBMT

Posted: Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it?

specific form - jaf

[ In Reply To ..]
I would capitalize just the first letter of each word; example, Gynecologic Health History Form. Hope this helps

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Ever Filled Out A Form 4562 For Taxes
Apr 01, 2012

I bought a computer that I used for work (100% work, nothing else).  I know I file 4562, section 179, but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out where I am supposed to put the information.  It's just the computer and nothing else.  I read that I do not have to depreciate this, it falls under eligible property.  Just confused where to put the info. I'm filling out the forms by hand.  I absolutely hate hate hate Turbo tax and two years ago H&R blo ...

Do You Add Quotes?
Sep 12, 2011

Do you add quotes when the doctor says something like "The patient said I don't know." ?   The doctor does NOT say put in quotes. ...

Question About Quotes And Periods
Mar 26, 2010

I'm doing a psych clinic report and the doctor uses the patient's words in quotes often, and he always dictates it with the period after the quotes, which I learned is wrong, but I am wondering if the entire sentence isn't a quote, only the last part, does that still hold true, such as: The patient states he is tired, doesn't sleep and is "run down" Does the period go before or after the quotes? Thanks ...

A Small Rant About Quotes
Jun 29, 2012

Dear young, somewhat stupid NPT: as dictated:  ...but he is "as good as he'll get." Uh, no.  That's not actually a quote, you know.  The patient did not say he's "as good as he'll get."  I believe he probably said he's "as good as I'll get."  Just FYI. Kthanksbye.   ...

Religious Quotes On Company Emails (sm)
Feb 15, 2010

This has been bothering me for some time now.  First of all, let's make something very clear, I am not an atheist.  I am a very spiritual, moral and ethical person.  However, the supervisors and managers at the company I have been with for about a year now always seem to have a Christian quote appended other their names in the company-based emails.  I am very uncomfortable with that in a work setting, especially with these people being in a position of power&nb ...

Hand Cramps Used As Slang For Quotes?
Feb 16, 2010

This is an elderly dictator.  CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Hand cramps.  I think I have a UTI.  The rest of the report goes on to talk about abdominal problems and doesn't mention the hands.  I already have "I think I have a UTI" in quotes, but is the hand cramps part some sort of slang for quotation marks, or should I leave it in there?  Thanks.  ...

Journalist's Story And Wanting Quotes
Sep 14, 2011

S.E. White, I would hope would have said the name of the paper she is writing this article for and if quoted where we can find it, if all is legit.  She posted this question on the Tuesday it was supposedly due at 2 a.m. She was looking here at MTStars for an article due by noon that same day?  Hummm.  Questionable, but then again nobody would believe we have to have a report done in 2 hours for 4 cents either, and the patient still will not get the results from the doctor in ...

QA Or QC Or Whatever Filled In The Following
Jan 30, 2015

I had:  _______ ischemic changes.  I couldn't make out the word directly before (seriously slurring ESL). The blank was filled in with "anicteric."  ????  Is there such a thing as anicteric ischemic changes?  I can't find reference this this anywhere.  I want to make sure before I try to reverse this.  ...

I Just Filled Out The Survey.
Dec 17, 2012

just goes directly into the trash, or if anyone actually reads it?   ...

Specific Information For Your TAA
Mar 09, 2010

I just spoke with my TAA representative and he told me when you apply for UI through TAA, use the Medquist TAW#72153.  This is the official, approved number given to our beloved company proving they are getting rid of our American jobs to Indian workers.  The most important paragraph I found in the approved petition was: "All workers of MedQuist, Inc., Mount Laurel, New Jersey including workers at home sites throughout the United States, who became totally or partially separated from ...

Specific Gravity
Jan 22, 2011

In urinalysis, dictates specific gravity 1016.  He says "ten sixteen". Would you change this to 1.016? ...

Specialty Specific
Sep 12, 2012

I am a big cardiology buff and would love to do only cardiology transcription. If anyone has knowledge of places that have a lot of cardio accounts, would you be kind enough to point me in their direction. You can e-mail if you don't want to put names in open.  I can offer help in return too as able.  TIA. ...

Are There Specific Regions
Feb 28, 2014

Specific regions??? I wish. I am supposed to be West but have reports from California, Oregon, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia, etc.  You name it.  Hardly ever the same client or dictator. This doesn't make it easy to make line count or any money having to start over with every report.   ...

Bile Filled Vertebra?
Sep 20, 2011

working on an x-ray of the spine and it sounds exacty like he is saying bile filled vertebra.  Doesn't make sense to me and I cannot find it.  ...

It's Just Amazing That A Company Filled With
Jul 28, 2013

people can be so stupid, or oblivious, to the fact that they have an over-abundance of MTs during the week that run out of work on a constant basis but, on the weekends, work is over-flowing to the tune of "help help help". Can they not figure out that if they would cough up just a few more cents a line for someone to cover weekend shifts, and offer it IN HOUSE first, that this all could be eliminated?  Of course, I don't know why it amazes me.  These people never were in the tra ...

MM: Where's My Chocolate-filled Mug And T-shirt?
Sep 05, 2013

I was reading the newsletter....employees in Philippines with MM t-shirts and mugs filled with chocolate.  What do we get? A big fat nothing, sitting here waiting for work to come in. I can't believe I actually went to school for this (many years ago).  Actually, keep your mugs and t-shirts -- I would prefer a raise...and some WORK!!  ...

Why Is Erroneous Information Filled In By QC?
Feb 27, 2015

If a doctor says something that a third grader would know is nonsense and the MLS leaves a blank, why does the QC person fill it in? We're supposed to use critical thinking skills, but yet they fill in something stupid when it's blatantly wrong. Then, we get an email with all kinds of information regarding normal laboratory values and we are supposed to use critical thinking skills for all that and determine when it is normal or abnormal. Oh, I'm still waiting for my MD degree t ...

Can A Culture Be Specific For Cipro?
Dec 18, 2009

He says "pus aspirated from the abscess and the culture was specific for cipro.  He was placed on cipro".    Is that right?  ...

Client Specifics Should Be Less Specific!!
Jan 13, 2010

Why, oh why can't all the dictators on one account use the same format????!!!!! Dozens of doctors on the same account and they all want different styles.  Some want headings capped, some do not.   Some want bold, some do not.  Some want them underlined and some do not.  Some want PHYSICAL EXAM, some PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, and then some EXAM.  Followinig on down in a note, you can just imagine how many differences there are with each dictator.  These guys ...

Specific Questions About TransTech...please Help If You Can SM
Nov 04, 2011

Full time is considered 40 hours/5500 lines per week, right? Is it a mix of straight typing and VR? Are there a lot of ESL...or about average? How much per pay period does the single healthcare premium cost?  Are the benefits good?  Is there PTO, 401K, etc?  Are they very strict about your schedule...or could one work 2 hours outside their schedule either way (and still do 8 hours)? Do they provide the computer/equipment?  Do you have to pay to lease their equipment ...

Took The Survey And Was Very Specific With My Opinions
Dec 13, 2011

Very specific: Low pay, no incentive, extremely stringent time constraints, TIME CLOCK, MedQ does not support the workforce that currently makes their company.  Acknowledged that MedQ is busily developing technology to do away with the MT, but in the meantime, need to pay the highly skilled MTs that keep them in business.  Also acknowledged that personally I do not have a problem with a capitalist principle to develop said technology to make seemless VR into the EMR.. But until that ...

Looking For A Specific Name For A Surgical Catheter
Sep 15, 2014

This is an orthopedic procedure, total elbow arthroplasty.   Prior to closure, a new (s/l) PIGMAN catheter was placed in the superolateral aspect of the elbow as an inflow, and a medium Hemovac was placed in the distal lateral aspect of the elbow, both seen in the joint.   ...

When They Ask For A Specific Foot Pedal....
Feb 12, 2015

I scratch my head.  I have always had a V-pedal and there are ads I come across that say in their 'MUST HAVES' an Infinity pedal is needed.  Why?  I can't see any reason for this?  And of course, "if you don't meet these req's don't apply."  Anybody relate?  ...

Looking For A Specific Keyboard Cover
Apr 27, 2015

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom covers for split keyboards?  I have a Goldtouch I got off of eBay a couple of months ago and I need a cover.  Sick of it getting dust bunnies.  TIA ...

What Happens To Reports With All The Blanks In Them? Are They Filled In By Hand? .
Apr 02, 2010

Do they actually go into the chart like that?  I'm sure nobody retypes the reports with the corrections in them, so how does that pass the Joint Commission's inspection? ...

Filled Out Online Application For Keystrokes
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone know how long it will take them to respond?  Just curious, I am very interested in a few positions they listed open and am eager to hear if I qualify! ...

TransTech Medical - All Positions Filled?
Mar 11, 2012

Got an e-mail from TransTech that the positions for the rad MT job posting on the Job Seeker's Board dated 3/6/2012 are filled, however, the posting is still listed here, so not sure what the real deal is.   I'm sure someone from their company will see this post then remove the ad.  But, I do wonder if they just don't want to hire and pay a good line rate for an experienced MT.  If anyone else applied for this posting, did you also receive that e-mail? ...

Do You Ever Get So Sick Of A Specific Dictator's Voice That You
Sep 12, 2013

nm ...

Has Anyone Ever Asked, When Told A Specific Doctor
Jul 17, 2014

was complaining about your work, asked who the doc was and been told?  ...

Doesn't Company Hiring IC Need SS And 1099 Filled Out?
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I am new to the independent contractor thing, but shouldn't a company that has "hired" you as an independent contrator have your SS and a 1099 filled out by you?   Just wondering as it seems to me this is necessary and since it is not being done, it makes me wonder about this company that much more, espcially since others have stated they have not been paid by this company.   I guess if they are not planning on paying me they don't need a 1099 or SS# huh?  ...