A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MMEs in all regions mainly doing MT and - ASR and ILP QA ? NM

Posted: Apr 06, 2010

NM

That's about the size of it - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Sure won't be getting any American QA, sorry. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

rarely get Indians - no Americans either

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe one job every other day. The Indians know their stuff. The Americans get the garbage though. All the good dictation is either ASR now or Indians. Never see those, mostly just garbage.

That is odd, that is totally opposite from what - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
QA's have been saying on this board -- that the Indian stuff is full is errors and goes through 3 QA's before American QA's get it.
Indian reports are cleaner than Americans - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Americans are sloppy and make a lot of mistakes. I think its because Americans get the garbage all day and cannot survive on pennies per hour. Not saying thats an excuse for sloppy work, but our brains can only handle so much garbage. There was a time when we could get a few cherries here and there, with one garbage report to muddle through. Not anymore.
Well maybe that explains how we have lost our shot at transcription in this country. - sick and tired
[ In Reply To ..]
I was still under the impression that the Indian stuff was poor quality.
Indian stuff is - CRAP!
[ In Reply To ..]
All the Indian stuff I see is full of errors...grammar, punctuation, English words, medical terminology. There are very few who actually do a good job.
Now that is the story I had heard a bunch of times before. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yeah Right! - Indian reports are cleaner
[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever! That is coming from an MME who only gets the blanks.

The MTs that know their stuff are not sending you the work to view.

Maybe American NEWBIE work is sloppy cause they are learning!

Dont generalize a statement like that! The Indians can stuff this job right up their curry filled bodies!

By the way... you did not mention that they do not have the STANDARDS that we are held to! They do not have to maintain 98% accuracy and they do not get docked for a QA marker. They get foot rubs and free lunch!

Sick to death of hearing how SLOPPY the AMERICANS are. This is the hype they want to show to justify sending our work away! GET OFF THE BAND WAGON!
I kind of wonder if that post was actually from an MT - about how great the Indians
[ In Reply To ..]
are doing?
this post shows how paranoid and close-minded - Indian ILPs
[ In Reply To ..]
some (actually a lot) of the posters are.

I really wonder why somebody who makes a positive remark about Indians is immediately BRANDED as Indian or TRAITOR, anything insulting.

I am not Indian, far away from being that, but I, too, have often heard that there are Indians whose English is really good, since Indians are educated bilingual, but the majority has problems with the accent.

You should not put all Indians into the same pot, as we also should not put all MT newbies into the same pot.
sorry, not MT, but MME, QA, or whatever - they are now.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Americans are sloppy - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You're being defensive. Reread my entire post. The ones with the sloppy mistakes are tier III Americans. Its shameful. The Indians are more accurate than you all are being made to believe.
I guess that is my worst fear. Not just that they will work - cheaper, but will actually get good at it.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
of course - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
they are getting good at it. We have all been teaching them for a few years now, even when we didn't know it was happening.
I wouldn't be so sloppy if I had my old EASY account back! - Let the Indians bounce and check back!
[ In Reply To ..]
Let them spend all day bouncing from account to account with the ESLs I get and give me back my GOOD account and then we will compare.

You CANNOT compare the two, Apples and Oranges. They are being spoonfed easy American doctors and we are getting horrible ESLs shoved down our throats.
I will second that - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They should get the Indian ESLs anyway! DUH! They would have an easier time with them than we do.

I cried the day my primary of 8 years went to India. It had many ESLs, but at least I was familiar with them.
Agreed. - Tier 3.
[ In Reply To ..]
When I get ESL after ESL with the WORST audio I have ever encountered at any company, you bet your bippy I'm going to leave blanks.

That's not sloppy, and certainly not my fault.

Give my CRAP accounts to the Indians and see what they can do with it. I'd love to get the gravy accounts with the good audio and better dictators!

I have been an MT for 9 years now and have NEVER encountered the terrible audio I have at this company. And don't even get me started on the dictators! That's why I'm getting away from MQ as fast as possible.
You must be kidding ! I have NEVER seen a - "clean" Indian report !
[ In Reply To ..]
If you dare to look at anything other than just the blanks, you realize that there are very few sentences that actually make any sense ! They mishear so much of just everyday English - wrong verbs - wrong nouns - wrong everything. You can't be an MME or you would not have said this. Their reports are unacceptable. Even after the 2 INdian QA people go over it. I have never seen 3 Indian QA names, just 2, but others say they have seen 3. ANd contrary also to what is said here, they are not just getting the easy reports. They have all the same difficult ESL and poor quality dictation. At least in the southeast.
Indian MTs - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been impressed with their reports as when I first became an MME, I was told they were horrible. The ones that are QA'd 100% are at about 99 to 100% accuracy. The American MTs, even the ones who are not on 100% QA, need their reports gone over with a fine-toothed comb. They make up medications, they leave complete sentences out and if its a difficult dictator, they will just let the ASR screw it up and not bother to change it. Its incredible.
This is just utter fiction ! No ILP report is - ever 99%-100% accurate!
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, if they were, they would not be on 100% QA ! In addition to all of the MT errors, there are also errors made by their QA. Incorrect grammar, incorrect medical terminology, unlikely content ("patient lost her foot and fell " is one of my all time favorites !)
In American MT reports I have seen sentences left out for difficult dicators, that's true and it is a problem. I guess they don't expect the reports to end up in QA. And of course now they are not. I have also seen made-up medications, but by newbies.
But I have never been impressed by ILP reports. Their English is just not English. If they can't understand the dictator, they put it in what they think is English and end up with absolute gibberish as far as meaning/content.
Maybe you are in a different part of the country where the ILPs only get easy dictators.
unlike you, I am impressed with Indian reports - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I am also a little disappointed because I was hoping for more MME work. Now that the Indians know their stuff, and we are left with the junk, its kind of frightening. Seems like they take more time with their reports, and it shows in the work. You and I have different experiences and can agree to disagree.
also have to add... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing I correct is garbage, from both American and Indian MTs. By garbarge, I mean the dictation and the dictators are the ones with the problems, not the editor or transcriptionist. The Indians are taking the time to work through the junk and it shows. They get the hard stuff too, and soon that will be dried up as well for the American MTs.
They know they are responsible for the problems - we are experiencing now
[ In Reply To ..]
I met an Indian MT several years ago who told me he realizes that India going heavy into medical transcription caused the low pay we have now.

Similar Messages:

NJA IN MQ REGIONS
Jul 28, 2010

Is there any particular region that gets NJA more than others?  Would you be willing to post your state?  I'm wondering why my region is bombarded with work in the past 6 - 8 months.  I am getting calls and emails BEGGING for help. We are always back logged and being offered bonuses and incentive pay.  I am in SW New Mexico.  It is easy to get help and a hold of my CCM and RTL and they are very helpful and professional. Just wondering if it's all in one area o ...

What Are Regions?
Apr 07, 2011

Does it mean your main hospitals/clinics are in a specific region?  Just curious as I'm former Spheris & we didn't have anything like that.  My primary is in FL & my backups are from coast to coast pretty much. ...

Transcend Regions?
Jan 31, 2010

When I was with MQ, it had regions, but in all the information we MDIers have thus received, I don't remember anyone talking about regions.  So will the accts that merged over be split into regions? By the way, has anyone (MDIers) received the new log-in numbers yet?  I expect we'll need them for tomorrow and I have yet to hear about mine... ...

Swapboard - Are Any Regions Using It??????
May 28, 2010

I am in the north region and no one is using the Swapboard except me, which does not do me any good!!  What is going on???  Any other regions actively using it??? ...

What Regions Have Work Right Now?
Jan 04, 2012

Are there any regions that are working here in the UNITED STATES today right now?  ...

Help On How To Write These Regions
Apr 24, 2012

The patient's peritoneal carcinomatosis index is 34.  This is as follows:  Region 03, region 13, region 23, region 33, region 42, region 53, region 63, region 73, region 82, region 92, region and 102, region 112, region 123.  The small bowel serosa surface and had minimal disease. They were dictated as region zero 3, 1 3, etc.  Im thinking maybe I should have them as 0-3, 1-3, etc all the way down the line to region 10-2, 11-2, 12-3???  ...

NJA In One Of The North Regions
May 29, 2013

I know Memorial Day slowed the work down, but come on!!! ...

Are There Specific Regions
Feb 28, 2014

Specific regions??? I wish. I am supposed to be West but have reports from California, Oregon, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia, etc.  You name it.  Hardly ever the same client or dictator. This doesn't make it easy to make line count or any money having to start over with every report.   ...

Mergining Of Regions?
Aug 06, 2014

Can someone explain what this merge of regions is? I have not received a single email regarding any changes. ...

All The Regions Are Merged Into One?
Aug 16, 2014

TSM (whatever) sent e-mail saying "With the merger of all regions into one..." I thought it was just a couple of BoBs merging.  Ok. I'd say TSMs will be on the chopping block first, then us, then the suits can put on the party hats and open the Mysore facility with glee. ...

Question Abour Your Regions?
Dec 21, 2009

From reading MQs posts it seems that different regions do better than others.   My question is, are you hired and put into a "Region" according to where you live or your experience, or who needs help, or . . . ?   Have a Merry X-Mas and hopefully a Happy New Year! ...

Quality Guidlines Across Regions
Apr 24, 2010

After discussing with some MTs in other regions, I am discovering that MMEs across regions are doing things differently.  I just became an MME last year and had not done QA before.  We have repeatedly been told to only fix what is WRONG - and to NOT make the report look like we typed it ourselves.  In other words, don't be picky - only change it if it changes the meaning of the sentence/report. However, this is not the case across regions.  I've seen MTs in other r ...

Slow In One Of The North Regions
Aug 01, 2012

Jobs dribbling in drip.....drip.....drip ...

Creation Of 'super Regions' So Do We No Longer Have A BOB?
Nov 06, 2013

just got the email from my HSDM.  Don't want to copy word for word on here.  ...

Multiple Regions Of Low Density In Both Sides Of The Internal Capsule. Probably Represent Old (s/l)
Aug 09, 2010

Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule. Probably represent old (s/l) "pointment" or infarctions. ...

Let's Try This One More Time. "Multiple Regions Of Low Density In Both Sides Of The Intern
Aug 10, 2010

Let's try this one more time. "Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule. Probably represent old (s/l) 'pointment' or infarctions." ...

MMEs
Nov 22, 2009

So a girl I worked with at a local hospital here now works for MQ, and I found out she is an MME, so I ask her, what exactly is an MME, she says she gets what we send to QA, corrects it, and types.  So....basically they are just QA people? But, don't QA people type too?   I just don't understand this MME position.  Any MMEs here that can tell me what an MME is (and I know it stands for Master Medical Editor, for the smarties)?  ...

Are There ANY Former MTs Who Are Now MMEs
Jan 09, 2010

who make about the same as an MME as they did as an MT?  Also, are they asking Tier 2 to become MMEs now?  I thought you had to be a Tier 3 first THEN MME?      ...

Any MMEs Here?
Oct 28, 2010

Just wondered if any MMEs watch this board that have an interest in advancing their careers to a QC.  Other than notifying your CCM and watching the openings, any advise on other steps to take? ...

To Those MT/MEs Who Became MMEs
Jan 13, 2011

Just got a request to test for the MME position.  I'm tier 3, 99% accuracy, and I've been here for 7 years, but I didn't take the test when they first offered it because I knew that my pay would take a nosedive.  I have a feeling they will be getting rid of all the regular MT/MEs shortly and keep only MMEs on board, but if the pay is actually worse, then it may be better to be given the boot.  I was told by CCM that it is mostly transcription work and not so mu ...

MQ MTs/MMEs
Dec 01, 2011

You should all go read the Offshore Concerns board about Indian Pay... UGH. ...

To Other MMEs (or Anybody Else Who May Know)
May 22, 2012

This is just purely out of curiosity, but have you noticed that a lot of the ILP's names have Shaster in them.  What does Shaster mean?  Is it some formal name thing going on? ...

To All The MMEs Out There,
Jun 19, 2012

ever read any feedback?  I don't.  So frustrating. ...

To Any MMEs
Jul 27, 2013

I've been getting a lot of reports from the ILP with "full review" or something similar in the QA note, but the report itself is not flagged for 100% proof.  After a couple weeks of doing full review at less pay, I've decided to just delete their request and fill in the blanks.  I figure if they want their reports fully reviewed, they can request their manager to put them back on 100% because I'm a bit fed up with wasting my time and money on making these ILPs look prett ...

Hey MMEs
Mar 06, 2014

When you get one of those jobs with 40 blanks in it, what is your favorite expression? Try to keep it clean! Mine is the name of a certain religious figure. ...

Question For MMEs:
Oct 17, 2009

No offense, but can I ask you all something?  Since you guys say you are making much less than you did as QA, WHY are you wasting your valuable time correcting insignificant things (not to mention sometimes even things that oppose the CP), or things that are preference calls?  Doesn't make any sense at all.  Just saying ...

Question For The MMEs
Oct 19, 2009

How much straight transcribing do you do, versus editing MTs and MEs? TIA ...

HELP Need Feedback From MMEs
Jan 21, 2010

I would like to know how much of your day is spent full listening to either ILP or MTs placed on 100%.  If it is 75% or more how do you survive? Do you have any tips on how to get through them faster? I must be doing something wrong.  Thanks. ...

MMEs Scare Me Sometimes
Feb 03, 2010

What's with checking the whole report when there's 1 flag in it?  Sometimes I'll leave 1 or 2 flags in a long report, and when I check my feedback I'll have 3 or 4 minor feedback, really little things that definitely do not impact the meaning of the report.  Scares me, feels like I'm being picked on.  Sometimes it's hard not to turn into a raging paranoiac around here.  I HATE leaving flags. ...

MMEs On Indian MTs
May 04, 2010

Are any other MMEs out there coming across Indian MTs who conveniently leave out portions of dictation, because they don't understand it?  I'm finding words or phrases left out that are completely clear, but a lot of the time is American slang.  Other times, it seems that they make up phrases to fit dictation they don't understand.  Anyone else? ...