A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Quality guidlines across regions - Concerned MME

Posted: Apr 24, 2010

After discussing with some MTs in other regions, I am discovering that MMEs across regions are doing things differently.  I just became an MME last year and had not done QA before.  We have repeatedly been told to only fix what is WRONG - and to NOT make the report look like we typed it ourselves.  In other words, don't be picky - only change it if it changes the meaning of the sentence/report.

However, this is not the case across regions.  I've seen MTs in other regions corrected for commas/no commas, leaving out little words like "the", etc.  (I'm just talking right now about regular MMEs, not Quality Coaches who do the official audits.)  Not only is this incredibly picky, but it's demoralizing to the MT to get a QASAR report back with 15 corrections of this nature...

Does anyone know how to address this with MQ?  I don't think it's fair that someone's job/quality reputation may be on the line in the West when in the South they'd be fine.

MME - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't find it demoralizing, just incredibly annoying. I usually just disregard MME "corrections", which are mostly style based preferences anyway.

The QC audits are the only thing I worry about.

We have enough stress to deal with...worrying about my MME feedback is the least of my worries at the moment.

If only that were true of everyone.... - MME

[ In Reply To ..]

If everyone felt that way, that would be great.  It's just feedback, after all.  However, I know one MT whose CCM received an email from an MME with a list of job #s that had "problems," and they were mostly little things like I said above.  Do you think the CCM went in and looked at each job?  Of course not.  All they see is that this MT is screwing up.  Which incidentally, can move this person to the front of the Quality Coach's audit line...

if only that were true --- - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all - the CCM would not know the difference anyway. Ask your CCM what her/his background is? Bet they never did any transcription. oh wait - they probably are friends of the friend of the friend of the friend so that is how they got their position. I have heard this over and over. Experience does not count when it comes to a CCM position. They let all of those people go.

Obviously, a malicious move by the MME and not professional. - jj

[ In Reply To ..]
The appropriate person to send this email to would be the quality coach who could easily determine if this was style preference or compromise to the report. People like this do not realize that others see what kind of person they really are and tend to do themselves in, lose credibility, etc. One move like this can cost a person their credibility.

MME - mqmme

[ In Reply To ..]
I just became MME in September and was told the same thing, not to be too picky or change too much. I wish other MMEs would realize that all the nitpicking is hurting their paycheck more than the MT. It takes a lot longer to nitpick a report to death than to just correct major mistakes if any. I try to be very conscious of this when I'm QAing and that helps my line counts too.

wait a minute... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Haven't all the QA jobs pretty much disappeared since they implemented the latest pay cut for the MT/ME? How are you getting anything?

Getting QA.... - MME

[ In Reply To ..]

We have some folks on 100% QA still - both newbies and those who failed audits.  Then I am still seeing people sending things to QA - not near as much, mind you....after the FTR started, I had 5000 fewer QA lines on my paycheck than the pay period before.  But I think some MTs still don't understand the impact this could have on their paychecks.

Problems arise when MME is audited though. - Have you been audited yet?

[ In Reply To ..]
QC jumped on every little difference between audio in text -- a/the, added in verbs not dictated, added in commas, expanded "slang" even though we've been told to stay as close to dictation as possible (i.e preop/preoperative). So MMEs need to be "picky" to defened themselves for when they in turn are audited it seems, no ?

The QCs need to get on the same page... - MME

[ In Reply To ..]

I have been audited and it was fine.  My QC is not picky - she won't even change "diagnosis" to "diagnoses" in headings because it's a picky thing.  She looks at it as this could mean someone's job, so she's only fixing things if the are truly wrong.

And that is the problem - we are being held accountable to different guidelines depending on your region.

I had one of those Nazi QA's who about made - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
curse every day. Now I have good ones that just fill in the blank and go on. Good riddance to QA Hitler.

Anyone gotten 3 "warnings"? What happens afterward? - As If......

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

NJA IN MQ REGIONS
Jul 28, 2010

Is there any particular region that gets NJA more than others?  Would you be willing to post your state?  I'm wondering why my region is bombarded with work in the past 6 - 8 months.  I am getting calls and emails BEGGING for help. We are always back logged and being offered bonuses and incentive pay.  I am in SW New Mexico.  It is easy to get help and a hold of my CCM and RTL and they are very helpful and professional. Just wondering if it's all in one area o ...

What Are Regions?
Apr 07, 2011

Does it mean your main hospitals/clinics are in a specific region?  Just curious as I'm former Spheris & we didn't have anything like that.  My primary is in FL & my backups are from coast to coast pretty much. ...

Transcend Regions?
Jan 31, 2010

When I was with MQ, it had regions, but in all the information we MDIers have thus received, I don't remember anyone talking about regions.  So will the accts that merged over be split into regions? By the way, has anyone (MDIers) received the new log-in numbers yet?  I expect we'll need them for tomorrow and I have yet to hear about mine... ...

MMEs In All Regions Mainly Doing MT And
Apr 06, 2010

NM   ...

Swapboard - Are Any Regions Using It??????
May 28, 2010

I am in the north region and no one is using the Swapboard except me, which does not do me any good!!  What is going on???  Any other regions actively using it??? ...

What Regions Have Work Right Now?
Jan 04, 2012

Are there any regions that are working here in the UNITED STATES today right now?  ...

Help On How To Write These Regions
Apr 24, 2012

The patient's peritoneal carcinomatosis index is 34.  This is as follows:  Region 03, region 13, region 23, region 33, region 42, region 53, region 63, region 73, region 82, region 92, region and 102, region 112, region 123.  The small bowel serosa surface and had minimal disease. They were dictated as region zero 3, 1 3, etc.  Im thinking maybe I should have them as 0-3, 1-3, etc all the way down the line to region 10-2, 11-2, 12-3???  ...

NJA In One Of The North Regions
May 29, 2013

I know Memorial Day slowed the work down, but come on!!! ...

Are There Specific Regions
Feb 28, 2014

Specific regions??? I wish. I am supposed to be West but have reports from California, Oregon, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia, etc.  You name it.  Hardly ever the same client or dictator. This doesn't make it easy to make line count or any money having to start over with every report.   ...

Mergining Of Regions?
Aug 06, 2014

Can someone explain what this merge of regions is? I have not received a single email regarding any changes. ...

All The Regions Are Merged Into One?
Aug 16, 2014

TSM (whatever) sent e-mail saying "With the merger of all regions into one..." I thought it was just a couple of BoBs merging.  Ok. I'd say TSMs will be on the chopping block first, then us, then the suits can put on the party hats and open the Mysore facility with glee. ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

Question Abour Your Regions?
Dec 21, 2009

From reading MQs posts it seems that different regions do better than others.   My question is, are you hired and put into a "Region" according to where you live or your experience, or who needs help, or . . . ?   Have a Merry X-Mas and hopefully a Happy New Year! ...

Slow In One Of The North Regions
Aug 01, 2012

Jobs dribbling in drip.....drip.....drip ...

Creation Of 'super Regions' So Do We No Longer Have A BOB?
Nov 06, 2013

just got the email from my HSDM.  Don't want to copy word for word on here.  ...

Multiple Regions Of Low Density In Both Sides Of The Internal Capsule. Probably Represent Old (s/l)
Aug 09, 2010

Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule. Probably represent old (s/l) "pointment" or infarctions. ...

Let's Try This One More Time. "Multiple Regions Of Low Density In Both Sides Of The Intern
Aug 10, 2010

Let's try this one more time. "Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule. Probably represent old (s/l) 'pointment' or infarctions." ...

FLAIR Intensity In The Right "parasagittal, Parietal, Cortical" Regions. How To Type?
Aug 22, 2010

FLAIR intensity in the right parasagittal, parietal, cortical regions.  How to type? ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

From Below, About 99% Quality
May 22, 2011

slowly sinking here because my quality has always been 98-100 quality, years and years. Now, however, I am expected to maintain 99% quality, on a hideously difficult account, but I must also maintain my LPH. In other words, I have to listen to reports on the fastest speed I can to get my LPH yet maintain some form of quality. The reports go to QA who in turn listen at the slowest possible speed to give errors for not including 'the' and mind you this cannot even be heard unless you ...

DQS 7 Quality
Jun 13, 2012

What is everyone's opinion about the new speech engine?  I'm not talking about the user side....I mean the quality of it's speech recognition.  I thought it was supposed to be so much better, but I'm finding it to be terrible.  There are times when it leaves out 3 and 4 words and puts in words that are not even close (i.e., family history when the doc clearly says social history)!  That, and the sound quality SUCKS! Here's another example:  Dic ...

Quality 2.0
Oct 04, 2014

So this was the "exciting news" that we've all been waiting for? What a waste of time this was.  I nearly fell asleep. ...

New Quality 2.0
Oct 12, 2014

Fiesa score over 99%, however the new quality index less than 60.  I can see the writing on the wall. ...

New Quality Coach
Jun 09, 2010

Just got an email about getting a new quality coach.  This, of course, answers my question of why no emails for the past week from her.  I hope she didn't lose her job.  She was a really good coach, the best one I've had in the last 7 years, and wasn't one who corrected little things like punctuation in audits or things that made no difference in the report integrity.  She is one I will miss.  I only hope the new one is also with a strong QA ...

DSG- Sound Quality
Jul 18, 2010

I'm trying to troubleshoot something.  Does anyone else have sound-quality issues on DSG dictations?  Just curious if I should seriously have this looked at on my end.  It's not all reports, but enough so that I need to look into it one way or the other.  If I'm the only one, I'll hire someone to look into this.  I have no problems with audio otherwise, just work-wise. ...

Quality Alert Because Of Being Below 99%
Jul 21, 2010

Do they expect 99% now? ...

Quality Alert
Oct 13, 2010

I received a quality alert feedback that I had failed and wanted to know if anybody knew if this was an actual audit or what?  And if so, has this happened to anyone and what happens?  Thanks. ...

Quality Of Dictation
Jan 09, 2011

I work for MedQuist.  Why is it some days I get pretty decent dictation with some bad ones mixed in there and then all of a sudden there will be days I have bad quality dictation all day? Anybody else? ...

Quality Audits-sm
May 02, 2011

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen lately.  I received a quality audit on 4/25 on my audit, which I passed at 98.3% (had one icky one in there).  Then on 4/29 got another email of an audit of 5 reports, did not give a total score, but they were all pretty darn good (3 at 100%, 1 at 98, 1 at 98.75).  Then on 4/30, another email, they checked 3 more reports (all those above 98% too).  But what is going on, are they searching for something bad?  Are they doin ...

Do Any Companies Pay For QUALITY?
Sep 05, 2011

I have many years of experience and check my work very carefully, which obviously takes more time than people who put through crap and don't bother to edit whatever the speech engine throws their way. Do any companies pay for quality over quanitity?  I do meet the minimum line counts. ...