A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is this M Modal? Is it going to replace Docuscribe or ? n/m - Kiki

Posted: Nov 30, 2011

x

hope not, I love DocQscribe - the only good thing about the Q

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the upgrade was going to happen on the 11th, so why wouldn't we have training already if they were changing programs?

Maybe it will be gradual switch, one area at a time. - But yes, the switch is coming. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

why? - whats wrong with DQS

[ In Reply To ..]
Why on earth would they switch?
Because they can. It has to be a cost reduction thing. - EVERYTHING comes down to the $$$. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Past posts say MM tracks everything. Like Big Brother. - Sure that is factor for switch also. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Tracks everything? Like what? - anon - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
we already get tracked on everything - whats the difference
[ In Reply To ..]
??
MModal just tracks when you sign in, when you (SM) - pearl
[ In Reply To ..]
sign out. How many lines you transcribe. How long it takes to transcribe a job. That's all.
M*Modal - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
At Wmx when M*Modal was rolled out, we all took a pay cut because of this "wonderful new application, and no, this is not really a pay cut, you will be able to make a LOT more money on this program!" Well fast forward 6 months, and this program tracks EVERYTHING. A friend got an e-mail informing her that her "pause rates" were unacceptable. What, you ask? M*Modal tracks how much time your FOOT is OFF the pedal, and reports it. If this is too high, you get an e-mail. It tracks if you are using the M*Modal keyboard shortcuts or not, and if you are not, you are reported and given classes so that you can be more efficient. You get the idea, good luck to all of you!
what would be an acceptable pause rate - pink slip
[ In Reply To ..]
Who determines what is acceptable? When you are looking something up, there is going to be a pause. If it monitors when your foot is off the pedal, take a break at the end of a long report, rewind audio, lay a brick on pedal, and go take break. MQ already monitors our pedal time. Big whoop.

I already feel micromanaged to death, especially about the mouse clicks. What more can they do to us?
M*Modal - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't remember what the acceptable pause rate was, but come on now, if you are producing your minimum lines, what does it matter? We had detailed reports we were to look at every pay period, and it was a huge spreadsheet where it reported on at least a dozen of your behaviors, speed, pause rate, use of the correct keys, highlighter on and attached, excessive use of Ctrl and arrow keys to navigate, yada yada! It was ridiculous. I quit Wmx not long after all of this, before they were bought out by Nuance, I could see the change in the company and it wasn't good!

I'm wondering the same thing. - SuzyQ

[ In Reply To ..]
Where are some getting info about Mmodal platform? this probably means another paycut in some nonchalant manner.

It won't mean anything good for us - it will just - be another way to get screwed

[ In Reply To ..]
Make no mistake about it ... it will NOT mean any kind of benefit whatsoever coming for the employees.

Similar Messages:

When Do You Replace Your Keyboard
Jun 14, 2011

I'm trying to stockpile a 2-year supply (wishful thinking?) of Memorex TS1100 keyboards.  I don't think they are being made any more, so I find them on eBay. I use them untill all the print is off the letter keys, all the plastic is gone from several of the letters leaving the metal exposed, there is a piece missing on the space bar where my right thumb goes, and then I dump them.  Do you think I should them longer than this.  I've only ever had one STOP working (I ...

How Many Need To Replace Windows XP
Apr 06, 2014

Just wondered how much richer Bill Gates is going to get by forcing people to upgrade computers and/or software or risk getting viruses or hackers once Windows XP support is gone April 8.  Bill Gates = ...

Does MT School Replace Experience?
Nov 19, 2009

Does having a diploma from an MT school allow you to apply at places that state "2 years experience required" etc. I have a year of experience just from the schools 800 transcription reports that I did in 2 months! ...

2-3 Newbies To Replace 1 Veteran MT
Nov 02, 2010

Just read another interesting article in that it is estimated that it will take 2-3 newbie MTs to replace 1 veteran MT.  Something all these corporate MTSOs better start thinking about.  Once they run all the veteran MTs off, find demand is shifting back to onshore transcription, then what are they going to do.  Even if they pay newbies lets say a mere 6 cpl...that's 18 cpl if it takes 3 to replace 1 veteran, and the veteran makes probably 9 cpl (maybe 10) so it is costing th ...

Need Recommendation To Replace SH Program...
May 29, 2012

I'm a Webmedx transplant.  Since early next year we will be unable to continue using Shorthand 10.0 program for word expansion, can someone recommend a good substitute that will be compatible with the Enterprise program and Escription?  Years ago I used PRD. Thanks in advance!     ...

How To Do A Find And Replace In Bayscribe?
Jul 16, 2012

Does anyone know how to do a find and replace in Bayscribe? I'm only able to "find" TIA ...

Looking For A New Keyboard To Replace MS Natural Elite.
Jun 30, 2013

Has anyone found a good replacement for their Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard? I'm trying to find something with the same, or very similar, keypad layout. I have a Kinesis Freestyle and just cannot get used to the placement. Very frustrating. I then bought a Microsoft Ergo 4000 and found out afterward many people (myself included) are complaining about a design flaw with the spacebar. An Amazon seller has a Natural Elite for $189, a bit out of my price range right now. So, if anyone has an ...

Anyone Know Why This Text Is In MS Word Find And Replace Box
Dec 16, 2014

When I use Control + F and the Find and Replace box opens up, why is this text already in there? [0-9] {1,} ...

Computer Died....anyone Replace A Power Supply ? - Sm
Jun 27, 2010

Woke up to my computer dead (2.5 years old).....shut it down last night, no problems.  Did not notice if the blinking light(of the power button) was on or not last night when I went to bed.  In any case it was off this morning which is not the norm.  DOA.  Tried the obvious, unplugged, replugged in different outlet, etc.  Nada.  Have another old Dell here (has hard drive issues not power supply)  thought maybe I could switch out the power supplies, don ...

Call-In Dictation System - To Replace Dying Lanier 800
Apr 28, 2010

Looking to replace dying Lanier 800 Call-In System.  Any suggestions?  Any warnings against particular brands?  Approximately 35 dictators, 5 on-site MTs, average of 2,600 minutes monthly of call-in.  Thanks!! ...

6.1 Docuscribe
Sep 28, 2010

Is anyone still using the original Docuscribe?  I have not downloaded the 6.1 or done the training yet as I was ill during the time we were told to download.  Tech support told me there were lots of problems with it and not to download it just yet.  My supervisor hasn't said anything about it.  Are there still problems with it and is the training helpful I hear you get paid 1.5 hours of PTO for doing it, is that enough time?  I am surprised we didn't get a conf ...

Cannot Get Into Docuscribe
Oct 14, 2010

I cannot get in, says I need new update. I have the 6.1. Does This mean I need to put in that patch and how do I do that?  Thanks. ...

Docuscribe Down?
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone having trouble with Docuscribe?  ...

Docuscribe 7 -ADT
Aug 02, 2012

Can anyone else not see the date of service unless you scroll down? Also the window for the cc list is too big?  I have an old monitor here and just wondered if that was the problem? Thanks so much! ...

Using Docuscribe 7.1
Mar 07, 2013

and cannot figure out how to make a subset in a list, ie, like a 1-A. So after Cont + shift + L for list, how to do the subset?  anyone know?   thanks. ...

Docuscribe Problem
Feb 18, 2010

anybody else having problems when hitting search in the adt box?  Its taking forever after the patient's name pops up in the adt and then when I hit search for the dates to select it is taking so long.  ...

New Docuscribe Version 6.1
Sep 02, 2010

Does anyone know if the training on MQ Central is paid and what happens if we dont take it? :)  Seriously, an hour to learn how to use the new Docuscribe?  Is this going to work as well as the new and improved email?  Maybe I should pass on the class. ...

How Long Was Docuscribe Down?
Nov 04, 2010

Just got an e-mail from CCM saying it was down about a half hour - is this correct?  I thought it was closer to an hour. ...

Anyone Else Having Docuscribe Problems?
May 31, 2012

Probably 30+ minutes ago, I got a red light saying my connection was lost.  However, I still had internet, going to multiple web sites, so I called the 1-800 number.  I was told it was on my end, to shut everything down and re-start.  I've done so multiple times with the same results - no problem with anything on the internet, but cannot log on Docuscribe. Now I can't get on MModal's web site or even the site that gives us the red/yellow/green light.  And the ...

DocuScribe Text
Jun 16, 2012

Anyone know how to make the text larger in DocuScribe?  Thanks! ...

DocuScribe Not Connecting
Aug 22, 2012

Early a.m. 08/22/2012.  DocuScribe seems to be down and not connecting.  Tech Support not answering.  ...

Docuscribe Training And Then Certification?
Oct 20, 2009

Recruiter said after training you take some sort of certification test which goes in for scoring.  I assume this is just to make sure you understand how to use the Docuscribe program.  Is this correct?  ...

Re: Download Docuscribe On Laptop
Nov 20, 2010

does anyone have docuscribe installed on a 64-bit computer?  I have windows Vista 64-bit and support told me it will not work, that it is too fast for docuscribe to handle.  She said with some people they could not even download it on a 64-bit.  Just wanting to know if anyone has had success with this.  I want to download it on my laptop for the holidays so I can spend time with family easier.  Thanks! ...

Brightness Of Screen Docuscribe 7.1
Oct 17, 2012

I finally found a tech to help me on this one after adjusting the brightness if there is anyone out there that HATES that blinding bright white screen.  I adjusted the contrast to 5.8 and brightness to about 5.8.  It tones it alll down quite a bit.  You first click the minus button, then the first button on the monitor to increase or decrease.  It kind of mellows down that bright white screen to a very light grey. ...

DocuScribe Transition Question
Oct 22, 2012

I am typing on a platform from my old company.  Got an email today that we will start transitioning soon and training for DocuScribe.  Can someone whose been through this tell me how long it took to transition their account?  Really dreading this ... ...

New Version Of Docuscribe Again?? Failed To Download
Oct 11, 2010

Is there anyone having trouble getting into docuscribe.  I saw a few messages this morning but nothing of late.  I called tech support and told me to get in touch with sup?? what the heck is going on?? ...

Correct Font Size In Docuscribe
Dec 16, 2010

I hit something and the font on my current report became miniscule (a 15 minute report and I've barely started).  How can I restore it to its normal size?Please help!   ...

Docuscribe Shortcuts-Do They Really Save Time
Apr 05, 2012

I am using some of these but still use the mouse.  Does everyone else do this or do you find that it is more productive to use all those shortcut keys? Thanks so much.  Going broke here. ...

How Long Do We Get To Straight Type On Docuscribe 7
Jun 21, 2012

How long do we get to straight type on Docuscribe 7 before they convert it to ASR? Thanks! ...

Docuscribe 7 - Computer Is Slower, Browsers Are Strange
Jul 26, 2012

Ever since they started getting ready to put our group on this the computer is slower, browsers are strange. Anyone else having a problem?  I had messenger but it messed up too.  It is so frustrating! ...