A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Docuscribe shortcuts-Do they really save time - mttoo

Posted: Apr 05, 2012

I am using some of these but still use the mouse.  Does everyone else do this or do you find that it is more productive to use all those shortcut keys? Thanks so much.  Going broke here.Frown

when I first started - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
It took me some time to get use to, but once I got use to them (after about a month or so), yes it is much more efficient to use the shortcuts.

What I did was turned off the highlighter, turned off the skip and redundant markers, as it was just way to much going on for me to see all that on my screen.

I found it easier to just only have to visualize the dictation. I adjust my font size by holding down the CTRL key while moving the scroll button on my mouse to make the words on the screen bigger while I am editing.

I speed up the dictation on the reports that the VR does real well with and rest my finger on the CTRL key and right arrow as I am reading through the document with the dictation.

They have short cut keys for everything to keep you from having to use the mouse, but I have yet to master or remember them all. If you hit F1 while in a report, it will display some, but I learned that there were more as time went on.

Also it depends on how long the account has been on ASR because it picks up really well with the accounts that have been on there for a while.

Just give it some time, you will get use to it, but it does take a while to adjust. Some pick up right away but for me it took a couple months.

Focus on the most beneficial shortcuts and gradually add more as you adjust rather than trying to use them all at once.

But turning off the highlighter and skip and redundant markers really helped me. Seeing all that stuff on my screen at one time made me feel like I would miss something.

Docuscribe shortcuts-Thanks for all your help! - mttoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your tips. Thanks again!

barely use the mouse anymore - use the shortcuts

[ In Reply To ..]
We are all going broke though.

Your main home keys for ASR should be - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
CTRL, Shift, ALT, and the arrow keys. Try to get into the habit of resting your fingers there, particularly the CTRL key, always keep your finger on that one because you use it constantly, that one and the right arrow.

Dont forget the main shortcuts like CTRL+shift+L - which will number your lists

[ In Reply To ..]
I love that one when formatting because you just put your cursor at the begining of where the list will start, do CTRL+shift+L and then all you have to do is hit enter at the end of every line to make a numbered list.

So much easier then typing out the numbers.

Shortcuts - Hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I tend to think we don't get paid for the numbered lists when we use their fancy keystrokes to do the work. I don't trust that back-end formatting stuff in terms of my getting paid for it.

I do use keystrokes to quickly hightlight, and then I hard-type in the numbers.

Similar Messages:

Voice Recognition - What Shortcuts Can Be Used To Save Time?
Mar 06, 2010

I am now switching to cpl from an hourly rate.  What short cuts can be used to save time?  Wondering about voice recognition to be used by a transcriptionist! Has anyone heard of a transcriptionist using this type of software to complete reports faster and then editing these as you listen??? Just wondering!   ...

6.1 Docuscribe
Sep 28, 2010

Is anyone still using the original Docuscribe?  I have not downloaded the 6.1 or done the training yet as I was ill during the time we were told to download.  Tech support told me there were lots of problems with it and not to download it just yet.  My supervisor hasn't said anything about it.  Are there still problems with it and is the training helpful I hear you get paid 1.5 hours of PTO for doing it, is that enough time?  I am surprised we didn't get a conf ...

Cannot Get Into Docuscribe
Oct 14, 2010

I cannot get in, says I need new update. I have the 6.1. Does This mean I need to put in that patch and how do I do that?  Thanks. ...

Docuscribe Down?
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone having trouble with Docuscribe?  ...

Docuscribe 7 -ADT
Aug 02, 2012

Can anyone else not see the date of service unless you scroll down? Also the window for the cc list is too big?  I have an old monitor here and just wondered if that was the problem? Thanks so much! ...

Using Docuscribe 7.1
Mar 07, 2013

and cannot figure out how to make a subset in a list, ie, like a 1-A. So after Cont + shift + L for list, how to do the subset?  anyone know?   thanks. ...

Docuscribe Problem
Feb 18, 2010

anybody else having problems when hitting search in the adt box?  Its taking forever after the patient's name pops up in the adt and then when I hit search for the dates to select it is taking so long.  ...

New Docuscribe Version 6.1
Sep 02, 2010

Does anyone know if the training on MQ Central is paid and what happens if we dont take it? :)  Seriously, an hour to learn how to use the new Docuscribe?  Is this going to work as well as the new and improved email?  Maybe I should pass on the class. ...

How Long Was Docuscribe Down?
Nov 04, 2010

Just got an e-mail from CCM saying it was down about a half hour - is this correct?  I thought it was closer to an hour. ...

Anyone Else Having Docuscribe Problems?
May 31, 2012

Probably 30+ minutes ago, I got a red light saying my connection was lost.  However, I still had internet, going to multiple web sites, so I called the 1-800 number.  I was told it was on my end, to shut everything down and re-start.  I've done so multiple times with the same results - no problem with anything on the internet, but cannot log on Docuscribe. Now I can't get on MModal's web site or even the site that gives us the red/yellow/green light.  And the ...

DocuScribe Text
Jun 16, 2012

Anyone know how to make the text larger in DocuScribe?  Thanks! ...

DocuScribe Not Connecting
Aug 22, 2012

Early a.m. 08/22/2012.  DocuScribe seems to be down and not connecting.  Tech Support not answering.  ...

OMG Think Of All The $$$ MQ Could Save If We
Nov 14, 2011

used those little emoticon thingies.  I don't know many of them, but I understand there are dozens.  These could obviously be used in our reports so we don't get paid for actual words... If prognosis is guarded, use that little frownie face. That heart thing could be used for dozens of things. Wow, docs could just use their "smart" phones to enter gibberish abbreviations and signs and MQ could just have us edit them for no money whatsoever. What's the world coming to ...

Please Help: Is There A Way To Save Your
Dec 08, 2014

the last time my computer crashed I lost them ALL and I am now in the process of re-entering them...wow it's so much work.  I am kicking myself for not figuring out how to save them before, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.  Any advice would be so very appreciated!!!  ...

Docuscribe Training And Then Certification?
Oct 20, 2009

Recruiter said after training you take some sort of certification test which goes in for scoring.  I assume this is just to make sure you understand how to use the Docuscribe program.  Is this correct?  ...

Re: Download Docuscribe On Laptop
Nov 20, 2010

does anyone have docuscribe installed on a 64-bit computer?  I have windows Vista 64-bit and support told me it will not work, that it is too fast for docuscribe to handle.  She said with some people they could not even download it on a 64-bit.  Just wanting to know if anyone has had success with this.  I want to download it on my laptop for the holidays so I can spend time with family easier.  Thanks! ...

What Is This M Modal? Is It Going To Replace Docuscribe Or ? N/m
Nov 30, 2011

x ...

Brightness Of Screen Docuscribe 7.1
Oct 17, 2012

I finally found a tech to help me on this one after adjusting the brightness if there is anyone out there that HATES that blinding bright white screen.  I adjusted the contrast to 5.8 and brightness to about 5.8.  It tones it alll down quite a bit.  You first click the minus button, then the first button on the monitor to increase or decrease.  It kind of mellows down that bright white screen to a very light grey. ...

DocuScribe Transition Question
Oct 22, 2012

I am typing on a platform from my old company.  Got an email today that we will start transitioning soon and training for DocuScribe.  Can someone whose been through this tell me how long it took to transition their account?  Really dreading this ... ...

Save In Editscript, Please Help
Nov 24, 2011

I am new to editscript and have worked a long time on another platform.  Can someone tell me where the save button or icon is to save changes/corrections?  I really would appreciate your help here.  I realize this is probably some little something I am missing, but I sure would feel better if I could just find it and save changes before uploading to make sure changes were saved.  Thank you in advance. ...

Someone Here Said We Should Save All Important
Jan 13, 2015

but how do you do this?  I tried to forward an email to another email address and it gets blocked (restricted - can't send).  If you get laid off/fired you lose access to your email immediately.  So I don't understand how someone here saves any on these emails.  ...

DQS ASR Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2012

I have so much pain in my left hand from doing the Ctr Shift M shortcut to get the cursor to the spot the audio is (or at least in the vicinity). I use my left pinkie finger to push Ctr and Shift and my right hand to push M. Another new repetitive action injury...... I would like to fix. ...

New Version Of Docuscribe Again?? Failed To Download
Oct 11, 2010

Is there anyone having trouble getting into docuscribe.  I saw a few messages this morning but nothing of late.  I called tech support and told me to get in touch with sup?? what the heck is going on?? ...

Correct Font Size In Docuscribe
Dec 16, 2010

I hit something and the font on my current report became miniscule (a 15 minute report and I've barely started).  How can I restore it to its normal size?Please help!   ...

How Long Do We Get To Straight Type On Docuscribe 7
Jun 21, 2012

How long do we get to straight type on Docuscribe 7 before they convert it to ASR? Thanks! ...

How Much Should Indendent Contractors Save...
May 14, 2010

From each paycheck? Is it 15%? I might be becoming one. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Save Something As Bolded In Shorthand?
May 21, 2010

I figure there must be a way.  Thanks for any help. ...

How Do I Save My Expansions So They Will Not Be Lost
Sep 07, 2010

How do I save my expansions so they will not be lost.  I have some save on a thing I bought at Wal-Mart, but back in the days when 1-800 Dictate was a real help, they saved it for me.  I do not remember how to do it.  TIA. ...

Okay, What's Up With This Auto Save Thing
Sep 17, 2010

Have had absolutely NO problems with the new 6.1 DQS until today and then right in the middle of a long staight type report (wouldn't you know) everything started locking up. I looked down at task bar and saw a message that said virus scan windows workstations (group task) was running and then auto-save kicked in every few minutes. Finally managed to struggle through it and then logged out. I can't afford to sit there and not be to perform adequately while the clock is t ...

Save Me From Myself! (Rant Ahead)
Feb 24, 2011

This particular doc is super-annoying. He word salads/mumbles/sputters/, says things he thinks are funny and then laughs at his own "joke" (as in "I told the patient not to set himself on fire again while smoking crack heh-heh-heh"), and tonight he clearly and deliberately enunciated a phrase and then said, "I thought you people would have gotten this by now." WTF??? Among other things, this guy could not key in the correct number of a report if there were only 1 button on hi ...