A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What happens to reports with all the blanks in them? Are they filled in by hand? . - mrs.krabs

Posted: Apr 02, 2010

Do they actually go into the chart like that?  I'm sure nobody retypes the reports with the corrections in them, so how does that pass the Joint Commission's inspection?

About 90% of the ones I used to send to QA - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
went on to the client with a blank. I don't know that the hospitals are really noticing much difference.

QA Can't fill in blanks either 90% of the time - amd

[ In Reply To ..]
The hospitals won't notice anything. QA can't find the words either when the doctors can't speak right or it is cut off or it is bad audio quality. I had a CCM tell me that only 20% chance that a QA person could find the word if I can't find it. I have 25 years experience. I think it is more like a 5 to 10% chance.

So are they filed in the charts with the blanks in the document? - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
I want to know what the end product looks like. I get MQ cutting out QA. I have 25 years in the biz too. I think QA had 1% chance of hearing "something" or making up something to put in the blanks. But, what about the newbies who don't have our experience and leave multiple decipherable blanks, i.e. audible medical terminology, not just ESL crap. Who is filling this in as MQ doesn't have QA to help them out? It has to make MQ look bad for not correcting those types of blanks.

Similar Messages:

Blanks In Reports
Sep 29, 2014

Anybody else receiving "counselling" for leaving blanks.  Received e-mail stating some of my reports were pulled and they wanted to go over my blanks.  If I can't hear them or understand them, I don't guess and leave a blank.  Dreading this one.  Seems you can't win for losing.  How do some of you handle the blank situation? ...

Anyone Know If The Reports We Pend For Blanks
Jan 19, 2015

later and count against our QA%?  God I hope not. There is this one RIDICULOUSLY horrible dictator--I don't even know how the VR manages to get ANYTHING he says correct, and I can't even tell if it's correct--the VR looks reasonable but I just cannot hear him...Chinese, speaks a mile a minute, misprounces everything, UGH!  I pull out my hair every time on him, and there is no way I would EVER get over 99% on this guy.  There are always more than the allotted blanks ...

I Have One Dictator Whose Reports Always Have A Bunch Of Blanks In Them
Mar 02, 2010

I put so much more time and effort into his work and they always come out looking like Swiss cheese.  QA can fill in about 75% of these with their guesswork.  No way am I going to continue listening over and over again to his bad dictation when they are pretty much hopeless.  I'm going to listen once and that's it -- that way I'll get the most for my money I'll be paying for the QA! ...

"Analysis Of Blanks In Reports"
Dec 16, 2012

My supervisor did a "deep dive analysis" of difficult dictators in response to their complaints about numerous blanks in their reports. HELLO?  If you can't speak English, at least slow down so we might be able to understand what the hell you're saying and spell the names of doctors you want to get cc's.  They have the freaking NERVE to complain about blanks in their reports.  God, I hate this company. ...

QA Or QC Or Whatever Filled In The Following
Jan 30, 2015

I had:  _______ ischemic changes.  I couldn't make out the word directly before (seriously slurring ESL). The blank was filled in with "anicteric."  ????  Is there such a thing as anicteric ischemic changes?  I can't find reference this this anywhere.  I want to make sure before I try to reverse this.  ...

I Just Filled Out The Survey.
Dec 17, 2012

just goes directly into the trash, or if anyone actually reads it?   ...

Bile Filled Vertebra?
Sep 20, 2011

working on an x-ray of the spine and it sounds exacty like he is saying bile filled vertebra.  Doesn't make sense to me and I cannot find it.  ...

It's Just Amazing That A Company Filled With
Jul 28, 2013

people can be so stupid, or oblivious, to the fact that they have an over-abundance of MTs during the week that run out of work on a constant basis but, on the weekends, work is over-flowing to the tune of "help help help". Can they not figure out that if they would cough up just a few more cents a line for someone to cover weekend shifts, and offer it IN HOUSE first, that this all could be eliminated?  Of course, I don't know why it amazes me.  These people never were in the tra ...

MM: Where's My Chocolate-filled Mug And T-shirt?
Sep 05, 2013

I was reading the newsletter....employees in Philippines with MM t-shirts and mugs filled with chocolate.  What do we get? A big fat nothing, sitting here waiting for work to come in. I can't believe I actually went to school for this (many years ago).  Actually, keep your mugs and t-shirts -- I would prefer a raise...and some WORK!!  ...

Why Is Erroneous Information Filled In By QC?
Feb 27, 2015

If a doctor says something that a third grader would know is nonsense and the MLS leaves a blank, why does the QC person fill it in? We're supposed to use critical thinking skills, but yet they fill in something stupid when it's blatantly wrong. Then, we get an email with all kinds of information regarding normal laboratory values and we are supposed to use critical thinking skills for all that and determine when it is normal or abnormal. Oh, I'm still waiting for my MD degree t ...

Filled Out Online Application For Keystrokes
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone know how long it will take them to respond?  Just curious, I am very interested in a few positions they listed open and am eager to hear if I qualify! ...

TransTech Medical - All Positions Filled?
Mar 11, 2012

Got an e-mail from TransTech that the positions for the rad MT job posting on the Job Seeker's Board dated 3/6/2012 are filled, however, the posting is still listed here, so not sure what the real deal is.   I'm sure someone from their company will see this post then remove the ad.  But, I do wonder if they just don't want to hire and pay a good line rate for an experienced MT.  If anyone else applied for this posting, did you also receive that e-mail? ...

Has Anyone Ever Filled Out A Form 4562 For Taxes
Apr 01, 2012

I bought a computer that I used for work (100% work, nothing else).  I know I file 4562, section 179, but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out where I am supposed to put the information.  It's just the computer and nothing else.  I read that I do not have to depreciate this, it falls under eligible property.  Just confused where to put the info. I'm filling out the forms by hand.  I absolutely hate hate hate Turbo tax and two years ago H&R blo ...

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

Doesn't Company Hiring IC Need SS And 1099 Filled Out?
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I am new to the independent contractor thing, but shouldn't a company that has "hired" you as an independent contrator have your SS and a 1099 filled out by you?   Just wondering as it seems to me this is necessary and since it is not being done, it makes me wonder about this company that much more, espcially since others have stated they have not been paid by this company.   I guess if they are not planning on paying me they don't need a 1099 or SS# huh?  ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Foley Catheter Balloon Was Filled With A 50:50 Mix Of S/l "contrite" And Saline. Prep For
Jun 30, 2010

:) ...

Viva Transcription-I Filled Out Info For MT Recruiters And Got A Call From Viva Wanting To Buy MT Co
Jan 06, 2010

nm ...

Uterus Filled With S/l "softan" Material....
Jun 12, 2013

The bladder was attached to an enlarged uterine mass, and the opening of the uterus revealed it to be filled with cloudy s/l softan material.   TIA! ...

Blanks And More Blanks
Jan 21, 2010

I have just had it.  I was switched over to a horrid account, and every time I ask about being switched back, I am told to just keep on working.  The account I was switched to have horrid AMERICAN doctors as well as ESLs.  I have sat here for months listening and re-listening to no end.  We are always sent emails not to guess, send everyting to QA, well I have just started too.  No longer am I sitting here trying to guess, only to have to send the report to QA anyway.&nb ...

Blanks Yet?
Mar 09, 2010

I am so brain dead.  Are we supposed to be sending reports with blanks again? I thought this was held off until March 14th or is that just with unchecking the QA box if you do not want it to go to qa?  thanks.  between audits,lengthy emails, deleting this and that,its just a bit too much anymore.  sigh.  ...

Blanks/QA
Jul 11, 2012

Utterly confused. I took a big, BIG hit with the QA deduction in paycheck this week. So, I decided to investigate. Like everyone else, I have about 10 "regular" accounts. No blank rule is mentioned anywhere on any of the Account Specifics. I wrote the QA person for my CMC questioning how many blanks were acceptable without sending to QA, and got the "first time right" explanation. This is BOGUS...if I have one blank on a lengthy report and hafta send to QA and they take the total line ...

LPH And Blanks
Apr 12, 2013

I got a complaint from corporate that my lph are not where they should be via my TSM. I have been at MModal 6 weeks and just got off training. I was hired in at tier 3. My lph are gradually going up every day but not to suit corporate. I do straight transcription, no VR, on Futurenet. A lot of ESL bad dictators. I am still getting new dictators every day I work. It's hard to be up to par when you are still learning dictators. I work on 11 accounts. I think I am spending too muc ...

SENDING BLANKS THROUGH
Mar 04, 2010

I'm just sayin....as a radiology MT in this company for 14 years...we have always sent radiology reports straight through to the docs to review and sign (because of turnaround time)....never knew they did QA until I got new accounts 2 years ago....and have had some pretty bad foreigners.  I believe it is docs job to go over his reports anyway...he is legally responsible.. ...

Twenty Blanks To QA
Dec 27, 2010

It just occurred to me that MQ could have another card up its sleeve in order to knock down our pay, yet another scourge to get us to quit.  All it takes is more than 1 report sent per day to put my percentage of reports to over 5% to QA, which would result in 50% salary decrease.  I just had a report where ALL of the blanks were from horrible sound quality.  Words were missing, the surgeon was speaking from his speaker phone which picked up shuffling papers, you know those s ...

QA Penalty Now For Blanks
Jun 29, 2012

They are more and more following M*Modal.  Now if a report is QA'd with a blank, you will be penalized in your score for that blank, and this has been verified by a QA person, who received the new directions recently.  As I understand it, you are penalized if QA was able to find the blank either in old reports or by research, or just knowing the term.   So you have a choice, spend a lot of time on research and see your LPH plummet to minimum wage, or blank it and then be pen ...

Anyone Else On An Acct That Allows No Blanks...
Mar 22, 2013

I'm on accts that do not allow any blanks at all through to the cliient.  ALL blanks must go to QA.  I haven't ever worked on an acct that would not even allow one blank to the client.  Anyhow, might not would be so bad but the dictators are TERRIBLE!  Many ESLs also.  Combine no blanks allowed with terrible dictators = sending more to QA.  That means docked pay if 5% or more.  Oh, and don't let me forget, no samples yet.  So you have to ho ...

0.5 Point Taken Off For Blanks SM
Apr 11, 2013

I just looked at my review for March and I see all these 0.5 deductions for "blank filled in by reviewer."  There are also Valid Blanks that take off no points.   Sorry if this has been asked but did they say they were going to do this?  And if so, when?  Also, I listened to these blanks.  There is no way they can tell me 100% what was said in any of them, which is why I blanked them.  So they are guessing.  Two reports I have gone through so far are for real ...

Should We Be Counted Off For Blanks.
Jun 07, 2013

I have been taught better safe than sorry and I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years.  I am docked .05 for each blank, but the standard 3.0 (CPSE) if I got it wrong it happens to be pullled for QA.  I know this is a rhetorical question as we are all professionals, but would you leave a blank and take the 0.5 right off the bat or risk the patient on a lab value, drug name, dosage or diagnosis and take the 3.0 IF that report was pulled for QA? ...