A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever filled out a form 4562 for taxes - Stumped

Posted: Apr 01, 2012

I bought a computer that I used for work (100% work, nothing else).  I know I file 4562, section 179, but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out where I am supposed to put the information.  It's just the computer and nothing else.  I read that I do not have to depreciate this, it falls under eligible property.  Just confused where to put the info.

I'm filling out the forms by hand.  I absolutely hate hate hate Turbo tax and two years ago H&R blocked charged me $389 to do my taxes.  I have no problems figuring out all the other forms, it's just the 4562 I don't understand.

Thanks,

V

Free Tax USA....try it. - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
A year or so ago I had worked some as an IC and I was confused as heck about that form I think it was. So I went online and went to Free Tax USA and if you make less than I believe it was $50,000 a year, you are eligible for free. All it did was ask me questions, which I easily answered and it did all the hard stuff for me. I would def give it a try. If it is free what do you have to lose?

Anyone ever use Tax Act for doing taxes? How is it? - sorry off subject. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Tax Software - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
I used TaxAct for the first time last year as opposed to TurboTax I had used for previous years. I found TaxAct to be much easier to use, much more accurate and much cheaper, as I am IC and needed different forms than regular employees. All forms are included in the Deluxe version at 17.95. I am using it again this year. just my opinion.
good to hear. Same boat only empl and IC. I now rest assured. - can afford tubrotax no longer.
[ In Reply To ..]
Heck, could not afford turbotax last 2 years but used it. It keeps going up in price and I found it difficult.

thanks!

I've used it. No problems. nm - Evelyn

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

MT Subcontractor - Have To Pay Self-employment Taxes In Addition To Federal Income Taxes?
Jun 18, 2011

As a subcontractor performing medical transcription, do I have to pay self-employment taxes in addition to Federal Income Taxes? ...

Anyone Ever Pay Monthly Taxes For Taxes Owed
May 12, 2014

I owed a bit of money for last years taxes, which I do not have so am making monthly payments.  I sent in the form to request to pay monthly, but have not heard anything back.  Has anyone done this and is this unusual (that I have not heard back anything)?  I was reading all these websites and they were saying just keep mailing in what you can each month until it's paid off and then you might owe penalties, which I understand.  It stinks, but right now I have more bills ...

QA Or QC Or Whatever Filled In The Following
Jan 30, 2015

I had:  _______ ischemic changes.  I couldn't make out the word directly before (seriously slurring ESL). The blank was filled in with "anicteric."  ????  Is there such a thing as anicteric ischemic changes?  I can't find reference this this anywhere.  I want to make sure before I try to reverse this.  ...

I Just Filled Out The Survey.
Dec 17, 2012

just goes directly into the trash, or if anyone actually reads it?   ...

Bile Filled Vertebra?
Sep 20, 2011

working on an x-ray of the spine and it sounds exacty like he is saying bile filled vertebra.  Doesn't make sense to me and I cannot find it.  ...

It's Just Amazing That A Company Filled With
Jul 28, 2013

people can be so stupid, or oblivious, to the fact that they have an over-abundance of MTs during the week that run out of work on a constant basis but, on the weekends, work is over-flowing to the tune of "help help help". Can they not figure out that if they would cough up just a few more cents a line for someone to cover weekend shifts, and offer it IN HOUSE first, that this all could be eliminated?  Of course, I don't know why it amazes me.  These people never were in the tra ...

MM: Where's My Chocolate-filled Mug And T-shirt?
Sep 05, 2013

I was reading the newsletter....employees in Philippines with MM t-shirts and mugs filled with chocolate.  What do we get? A big fat nothing, sitting here waiting for work to come in. I can't believe I actually went to school for this (many years ago).  Actually, keep your mugs and t-shirts -- I would prefer a raise...and some WORK!!  ...

Why Is Erroneous Information Filled In By QC?
Feb 27, 2015

If a doctor says something that a third grader would know is nonsense and the MLS leaves a blank, why does the QC person fill it in? We're supposed to use critical thinking skills, but yet they fill in something stupid when it's blatantly wrong. Then, we get an email with all kinds of information regarding normal laboratory values and we are supposed to use critical thinking skills for all that and determine when it is normal or abnormal. Oh, I'm still waiting for my MD degree t ...

What Happens To Reports With All The Blanks In Them? Are They Filled In By Hand? .
Apr 02, 2010

Do they actually go into the chart like that?  I'm sure nobody retypes the reports with the corrections in them, so how does that pass the Joint Commission's inspection? ...

Filled Out Online Application For Keystrokes
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone know how long it will take them to respond?  Just curious, I am very interested in a few positions they listed open and am eager to hear if I qualify! ...

TransTech Medical - All Positions Filled?
Mar 11, 2012

Got an e-mail from TransTech that the positions for the rad MT job posting on the Job Seeker's Board dated 3/6/2012 are filled, however, the posting is still listed here, so not sure what the real deal is.   I'm sure someone from their company will see this post then remove the ad.  But, I do wonder if they just don't want to hire and pay a good line rate for an experienced MT.  If anyone else applied for this posting, did you also receive that e-mail? ...

Doesn't Company Hiring IC Need SS And 1099 Filled Out?
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I am new to the independent contractor thing, but shouldn't a company that has "hired" you as an independent contrator have your SS and a 1099 filled out by you?   Just wondering as it seems to me this is necessary and since it is not being done, it makes me wonder about this company that much more, espcially since others have stated they have not been paid by this company.   I guess if they are not planning on paying me they don't need a 1099 or SS# huh?  ...

IC Tax Form?
Feb 01, 2012

Is there a tax form that you are supposed to receive if you are an IC? From the company you IC for? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance.  ...

W-9 Form
Jan 08, 2014

I worked as an IC transcriptionist in 2013 for approximately 4 months.   The company sent a W-9 form and is requesting it be signed and sent back.  I did not make a total of $600.00 when I was working for them, which I've understood from others that if you make less than $600.00 you don't need to send in a W-9 form.  Can someone clarify on this? Thanks so much.   ...

Use Plural Form?
Feb 28, 2010

Family history is positive with mother and father having *history* of diabetes. This is how the doctor dictates it.  Should it be *histories* ??  I have the freedom correct things like this if I see fit.  Thanks! ...

To Those Who Were Looking Into How To Form A Union For MTs
Oct 20, 2012

What did you find out? Did you make any headway? P.S. Please no negative posts. ...

Plural Form
Oct 25, 2012

Plural form of retina. Is it retinae? Or retinas? I find both when I google it, but nothing in my word book or dictionary stating the plural form. Thank you! ...

FORM A UNION
Nov 20, 2012

We need to form a union and be done with all this complaining and stop taking their! ...

No W2 Form Today!
Jan 31, 2014

I just got the mail and it's not here.  Anybody else not get their W2 form by today?  I thought it was the law to send out paper copies by the 31st.  Grrr!  I guess that means I have to buy an insanely expensive ink jet refill for my printer.  More expenses, less pay.  ...

IC/Taxes
Jan 03, 2010

I worked as an independent contractor for the first 5-1/2 months of 2009, but when reading the IRS definition of independent contractor, I realize that description did not fit my position.  Will I still need to pay self-employment tax? ...

IC Taxes And HELP
May 19, 2010

Hi,  Just accepted an IC position from a private individual.  I now have to deal with estimated taxes,, been a long time so I have questions.  Pretty basic, been reading,, I will not recieve a check prior to May 31, so I will be doing ET for the first time September 15, 2010.  How do I calculate how much to send?  I have heard that IC should have a separate checking account and make the deposit in there of the IC check and "pay" myself from there? Any thoughts, advice, s ...

Do Taxes Yourself?
Jan 26, 2011

I would like input on whether you do your taxes yourself or take them to a professional?  I had a local accounting firm do mine for a few years and now they are just H&R Block and the rate I pay keeps going up.  I have looked at a few do your taxes online yourself and H&R seems to be reasonable online (half of what the place charges).  Who does their taxes themselves and what is your experience with it?  Thanks for any help or advice you can give.  ...

Taxes!!!
Jun 14, 2011

I am an IC and am being choked by self-employment taxes.  It seems like I work to pay the taxes.  Anyone have any tax advice?  Does anyone else feel this way? ...

IC Taxes
Jun 13, 2012

I have been an employee since the start of my career and never had to worry about taxes.  For some time I have been entertaining the thought of taking an IC position on the side, but then I was told that as a self-employed person I would be carrying 35% tax liability.  That scared me out of my wits.  I am sure this does not apply literally, but I want to know how things would pan out for an IC who earns $45,000 in a calendar year.  How would you break things up as expenses in ...

W2 For Taxes
Jan 22, 2015

For those of us lucky enough to be away from this horrible company does anyone know when we can expect to get our W2 forms? ...

Foley Catheter Balloon Was Filled With A 50:50 Mix Of S/l "contrite" And Saline. Prep For
Jun 30, 2010

:) ...

Viva Transcription-I Filled Out Info For MT Recruiters And Got A Call From Viva Wanting To Buy MT Co
Jan 06, 2010

nm ...

Do We Still Use Numeric Form Of 1-9 Instead Of Spelling Out Out, Two, Etc.? NM
Nov 24, 2010

x ...

My W2 Form Just Sent Me Into A Major Funk!
Jan 26, 2011

Now, I already knew I didn't do well financially this year.  It was evident every time I had to "borrow" money from my retirement account to pay the bills each month.  But, I just received my W2 form, and discovered I did even worse than I thought I did!  Working an average of 6 full days a week, 10-12 hours a day, with only 3 days of time off all year, and no sick days, I made just over $20,000.  This with over 30 years of extremely well-rounded medic ...