A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What a crock...We are told to adjust our schedules for this massive onslaught of work..Sm - Sick of being sick of this

Posted: Mar 30, 2013

and, of course, there is no work to speak of at all.  This is pure BS.  Something is surely fishy and we are being lied to daily.  I regret every day I entered this field, but then, when I did, I was able to support myself.  Not anymore, but that's the same old song and dance.

What I Think - See Message

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this is their way of covering themselves when someone wants to collect UE or something. "We asked them to work, and they refused."

Gosh, people. Please just get out of this business like I did. NO, it was NOT easy and certainly no fun going on job interviews. BUT, worth every minute of it. Please don't chase MT companies.

A lot of people are disabled, and I understand that. But utilize every resource you can to get up and out if you can't find a non-MT job working from home. Check with your community regarding low cost/no cost transportation (like Dial-A-Ride). Businesses are NOT allowed to discriminate because of a disability. (Some places may even provide transportation for you.) You are an active, vital member of society regardless of your disability, whatever it may be.

where did disabled come from - ?

[ In Reply To ..]

some on here are disabled - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
In the past there have been people who post on here that they are disabled and therefore have to work from home. That's what this poster was getting at. Also there are some who live in the middle of nowhere, with few other opportunities available. Some folks are pretty stuck doing MT.

Where it came from - See Msg

[ In Reply To ..]
People come on here and say they are stuck doing MT, because they are disabled and can't work outside their home.

I'm trying to make the point that there may very well be resources for the disabled to get out and make a change in their career.

I am never told of a masive onslaught of work - no one calls me

[ In Reply To ..]
I must be left off the email list of whom to call when they expect work. I volunteer, send emails to the TSM requesting helper pools or requesting to be told when there is work so that I can jump on, but nothing. I get nothing. I average 14 hours per week now of work. I am scheduled for 30.

Don't feel bad, they don't call me either - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You - need

[ In Reply To ..]
to contact the national number for the TAA program. I know there are people on here saying you will be denied because you are not laid off, but I had a lengthy discussion with the national and the state contact they directed me to and they are wonderful. I went to an orientation and it was explained what I will get. I'm not sure of the person's situation who said they got as far as picking classes and then were denied, but my case worker assured me I am qualified. They are just having to work with the nationals due to the partial separation. You will have to be making less than 80% of what you were making before the work went offshore and show proof of it. I believe in October is when they made a big push and sent a lot more work offshore. I was told this is an unusual situation and they have not dealt with a company who does not lay people off, so they have to handle it differently. Contact the national and they will get with the expert in your state and get them in tune about this company and our situation. I would contact the national and not fill out the application on line. They have been very helpful and really want to help us. Again, we are a unique situation and the people who have been denied need to try again, through the national person.

can you send me the number and name of the - person you spoke to..

[ In Reply To ..]
on the national level. I got absolutely nowhere from my state!

Just - go

[ In Reply To ..]
on the national site and call the national number in the contacts link.

Also - when I

[ In Reply To ..]
clicked on the map they have for my state, the number it gave me, when I called that, they never even heard of TAA. You need to go to the contacts page and call and leave a message on the national number.

Schedule changes - poohella

[ In Reply To ..]
We were told March would be bringing more work...which it didn't..and for people to change to more evening/Sunday hours. I already work those times and told my manager that work was running out at those times too, what good is switching going to do? I questioned where the extra work was and was told that the work level was the same as in other years, the MTs were being more productive and getting work done faster. We may be getting it done faster, since we are afraid we may not be any more but seriously, most of us are probably as fast as we were before and never went everyday with NJA. Just tell us the truth.

Similar Messages:

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Something We Could Do Individually, Locally, But Would Have A Massive Impact...
Oct 17, 2012

Instead of trying to form a union or dealing with these MTSOs or trying to get the government to listen, let's just go straight to the clients with modest offer letters to work IC directly for the hospital.  When I say modest, I mean an MT with over 10 years of heavy acute care experience would offer a flat 8 cpl as an IC for all work performed.  Yes, yes, this is still low, but think about how it compares to transcribing random clients and running out of work all for a whopp ...

What A Crock
Mar 19, 2015

I'm not even doing work from my POD.  My POD is caught up because of this mandatory crap.  Here we go again with the account jumping.  Stupid idiots! ...

Exhausting Overtime, Then Lose An Account, Keep On With Massive Hiring, Then NJA. Nm
Oct 12, 2014

xx ...

The Incentive Is A Crock And Only Looks
Oct 19, 2012

on paper like they are "giving" us something. The reality is the weekend incentives always cause work to run out on primary accounts the first day, making it difficult or in some cases impossible to even get your required lines in on unfamiliar accounts, not to mention the threat of losing money by sending more to QA on accounts that don't allow blanks sent to the customer. I am not playing that game, business as usual and will enjoy a day off for NJA. ...

BCBS Is A Crock
Feb 11, 2013

With the way BCBS is set up, I'd be better off not having insurance.  They set an impossible-for-me-to-meet deductible and then they only pay 75% afterwards?  Oh brother.  There's no way I can afford that deductible.  Thank goodness I'm a fairly healthy individual.  ...

My GOD, Get A Load Of This Crock!
Jul 04, 2013

The suits are getting creative in countering our truth-telling, that's for sure!  ...

What Is The Key Combination To Adjust Volume
Feb 14, 2014

I can't seem to find it in any of my references, but I find that I'm adjusting the volume by hand for almost every report.  Thanks in advance! ...

If You've Been Asked To Adjust Your Time Card...
Apr 25, 2012

...so Nuance doesn't have to pay MUP (make-up pay)... especially if you are new to Nuance or on new account/s... be aware that this is against the law. Most companies pay a flat rate, i.e., my last job paid $9/hr for the first 4-6 weeks while you are getting your line count up, your macros made, learning your new account, docs, etc.  Nuance does not.  They throw you to the alligators and if you don't make minimum wage in your state, they must pay MUP.  They don ...

How To adjust The Auto Back Space?
Feb 27, 2013

Can  anyone tell me how to adjust the auto back space?  I hate that darned thing! ...

How To Adjust The Auto Backspace On The Footpedal?
Mar 09, 2013

Can someone tell me how to adjust the auto backspace on the footpedal? Thank you ...

Just Received The Email About New RAD Rates, What A Crock!
Sep 12, 2013

OK, I'm a little late to the Basher's Ball here but, geez, this sucks!!  So, bear with me, I need to vent!!!   PTO, hmm, there was a time when a loyal employee who stuck it out with the company through cuts and low work was rewarded by increased PTO for time with the company.  I guess we can add loyalty to the list of things that companies now punish you for thus creating a society of workers who are losing sight of what the word loyalty means.    I saw only ...

Emdat Inscribe - Adjust How Much The Dictation Automatically Rewinds
Jul 11, 2012

Hi, Just learning this platform now..  Is there a way to adjust how much the dictation automatically rewinds when you press the foot pedal?  It's too much now.  I printed out the manual and went through the tutorial but I don't remember what they said about this.  What do you all think about the Inscribe platform?  I'm used to something very different, so it seems like a challenge to me. TIA ...

Massive Gastric Bleeding And S/l "senospirin" Drip
Dec 07, 2010

Same patient as below who needed the sternal rubbing.  He has massive GI bleeding and in the ER the doc says: "Protonix and s/l senospirin drip will be initiated."  Any ideas what "s/l senospirin" could be? Could also be "fenospirin" or maybe "sporin" instead of "spirin"on the end. Lord lord lord. What *IS* this?? ...

IC Schedules
Sep 08, 2010

I am new to independent contractor status, so I just have a few questions, so bear with me.  I will be contracted with a company to do the work, who is contracted with the the business that needs the work done.  I was told of the work schedule.  I was told by a legal person that ICs set their own schedules; days/hours to work.  So which is it?  Can the transcription company that I would contract with tell me the hours I need to work or can I tell them which hours/days I ...

MT Schedules
Jan 27, 2011

I thought usual MT shifts involved one weekend work day a week.  Is this normal?  I was offered both weekend nights and obviously they are "allowed" to do what they want, but seems a little unfair.  I don't expect any nasty responses of like take what you can get sort of thing, I am just trying to get a consensus of schedules and if I should bring this up, considering there won't be any work on the weekends... thanks ya'll ...

No Set Schedules?
Jun 08, 2013

Are there any companies anymore that do not require you to set in stone your hours that you want to work?  The company I work for now has a 12-hour timeframe that you can do your 8 hours in, but its one of those things that when you start, if you get up or get a phone call or have to do anything whatsoever, the time is counted off of your productive time, and you have to add it back on the back end so you end up working throughout the whole 12 hours to get your 8. What if I don't want ...

HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE SCHEDULES
Jun 09, 2014

Seems like  the QC and TSM are not on the same page - is this the old North region (now whatever) where the QC seems to communicate more than the TSM? As far as I'm concerned, they can all go jump in the Lake (and that's putting it nicely).  ...

SCHEDULES
May 02, 2015

I was curious does everybody who work for MModal work a weekend day? ...

Keystrokes Schedules
Jan 04, 2010

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how flexible they are in scheduling.  I was offered a position that isn't the shift I want to work, but I need the job so I'm considering it.  I'm hoping to be able to change shifts once hired and have been told that wouldn't be a problem.  However, I know first-hand that some MTSOs will say one thing to get you on board but then not do it afterwards.  So, I'm wondering if I should I take t ...

Transcend Schedules
Jun 05, 2011

How well do they work with you on shifts?  Also saw day shifts available in ad, but are they hard to get?  ...

ICs, Do You Stick To Your Schedules?
Jul 21, 2011

I'm just curious how well other ICs stick to their schedules, do you ask for time off or just let management know you won't be there, do you work extra when management asks??? Sometimes I feel like I behave as if I am an employee, but without any of the benefits. I'd like to know what the norm is out there. Thanks! ...

Monitoring Schedules
May 26, 2013

Got a phone call yesterday from TL questioning my being short on my time card.  I had sent in OOW email etc and followed protocol as on that prior Saturday had run out of work which is typical for Saturdays with who I type for, but am still being questioned and was told to take PTO Time to make my 40 hours week.  Said that they were going over making sure everyone was working their assigned schedule.  ...

How Can We Comply To Our Schedules....
Sep 08, 2014

I haven't worked my schedule in over 2 weeks due to being out of work!  It does not seem to be getting any better!   ...

Does Ambulatory Have Set Schedules? -
Jan 27, 2015

I left last summer and at that time they did not.  Curious if they do now.  Thanks. ...

M MODAL Schedules
Feb 13, 2015

I have been offered a position at mmodal. But I have to sign the agreement before I negotiate a schedule. What are current mmodal employees thoughts on this? ...

Do MQ MTs Have Set Schedules? Are There Choice Of Hours?
Apr 26, 2010

aaaaaaaaaa ...

Cannot Approve PTO And Change Schedules
Jun 23, 2010

My CCM says that corporate said she could not approve PTO or make any changes to schedules until after July 4.  Whats with that, anybody know. ...

WMX/Nuance Question About Schedules
Jun 26, 2011

I assume for now they will leave our schedules as they are, but does anyone know if they have requirements like - 6 months before you can change shifts/hours, etc.  Also, does anyone know what their PT requirements are, 20 hours maybe 2 10 hour shifts (hope, hope).   ...

Nuance- Everyone Having To Change Schedules...
Nov 21, 2011

So, what's everybody think about the new policy of having to change our schedules to either Sun-Th or Tues-Sat?  I'm fuming, especially with them doing it right before the holidays, and I don't understand why they didn't just ask for volunteers first.  I'm looking elsewhere.  They've put us through way too much since Nuance taking over, and I've stuck it out until now.  But, I don't know if there's very many companies out there tha ...