A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SCHEDULES - ANON

Posted: May 02, 2015

I was curious does everybody who work for MModal work a weekend day?

schedules - Skylar

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't, and so far have not been asked to. Have/or do you already Anon?

Yes - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was curious because I've been working here for 17 years. First could work whenever you wanted, then had to give a schedule, then changed my schedule many, many times over the years, then had to work every other Saturday, then 6 months ago told me I had to work every Saturday. I've been doing this for 6 months and with summer coming, I asked if we could compromise to have off Saturday and I'd work an evening shift during the week. Instead, they give me a schedule where I'm working 3 evening shifts to make up for my Saturday which I think is a lot to ask. They just take and take, and we are supposed to give and give. I just can't anymore. So frustrated!

schedules - skylar

[ In Reply To ..]
That is not fair at all!! But, this company doesn't know the meaning of being fair. I know about 2 mos. ago I woke up to an email from BR telling me I had been switched to a new "pod." Did not sit well w/me since I loved my previous one, but I think I was making "too much money" on that account, at least they thought so, so they moved me to one where I am lucky to meet the line count due to terrible dictators.... I am sorry anon.... :(

Unfortunately I do - lovemydane

[ In Reply To ..]
For the past 15+ years I've been FORCED to work Saturday. I have asked and asked and asked to have it off and every time these jerks tell me no. I ask for a Saturday off and am denied 98% of the time. I'm sick of working Saturdays and I'm unable to work my current schedule anymore, so they are in for a rude awakening soon when I tell them I'm done.

schedule - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I would have never thought that I would have to look for another job, and it's unfortunate, because I really like my job and don't want to leave, but they are forcing me out. My family is important to me and the weekends are when we all can be together. I would love to know how they choose who can work what shift. Obviously, it doesn't go by seniority.

I do, by choice - dont see how anyone gets anything done

[ In Reply To ..]
working M-F. I take Wednesday and Saturday off. My Wednesdays are always full with appointments for myself and the kids. I don't remember what I did when I had to work "regular" days.

I Like Working Weekends - Rene

[ In Reply To ..]
But, in my case, I don't have a family. I have always worked both Saturday and Sunday and prefer it, because (a) the initials aren't usually around to interrupt the work flow. (b) there is usually more work because there is less staff. (c) I prefer doing any shopping during the week days when it is less crowded.

You sound like me. I also like working odd - shifts. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Me 2. My "weekend" is - Mon and Tue.

[ In Reply To ..]
It's all relative. I'm widowed; my children are grown and live far away. I've been working nights Wed thru Sun for years. I like having my days off. And I NEVER run out of work.

Me too! - NY MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Off Weds and Thursday each week. Work weekends by choice, no family living at home, get appointments during the week.

I work Sun-Thurs - My Choice

[ In Reply To ..]
Fri & Sat free works out great for me!

Lucky you - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have changed my schedule too many times to count to "help" them out. I used to love having Friday and Saturday off. that was taken away from me quite some time ago. I was forced into working 1 weekend day on a shift I despise. You would think my length with the company would have accounted for something. I now find that people with LESS time than me have Monday through Friday hours (days). MUST BE NICE.
It's nice only if you want it. I would absolutely HATE - a Mon-Fri 8am-5pm shift.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I haven't worked weekends since I was a newbie, 20 - years ago. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That was how it used to be. Newbies and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
part-timers picked up weekend/evening shifts, and full-time experienced people got the day shifts. It all worked out just fine. I did my time on weekends, evenings, and crazy split shifts when I first started out until I got some experience under my belt, and even after that, when I needed extra money I'd work a while on evenings and weekends after my full-time job. The big MTSOs who didn't feel like bothering with that are the ones who started this crap of everyone has to work weekends...

you work in the medical field. it is a 24/ profession - get used to it or go work at a bank

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
No, I work a clerical job from home for minimum wage. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
And as was stated above, it's completely unnecessary to handle it the way the corporate HR departments are doing it. Smaller MTSOs made it work in everyone's favor & we didn't all get stuck working weekends and horrible shifts. There are some who want to work work weekends or nights to work around their husbands' schedules, and there are newbies and part-timers. There's no reason for everyone to have to do it. It's like the holidays - they used to just take volunteers and it worked fine because there were always volunteers & never much work anyway. Now, it's just easier to ruin all of our holidays & force us to all work. They just don't care.
No, smaller MTSOs did not make it work - FOR THE CLIENT
[ In Reply To ..]
Smaller MTSOs did NOT "make it work" as well as you claim.

There was always a problem with the MTs who only wanted to work if and when they felt like it. Those MTs were unpredictable, unreliable, and a pain to manage. You could never tell how much they would do, when they would get around to it, or whether you would get it back at all.

It was those unreliable, unpredictable jammy-jobbers that prompted offshoring, SR, and the development-professionalization of MT. They ruined it for everyone.

You are sadly mistaken. Smaller MTSOS DID work like - that
[ In Reply To ..]
If you think that is true, you've had very limited experience in this field. Any company who attracted employees who didn't show up certainly wouldn't be a successful company for long. I've been in the business for 30 years and 26 of that was working for a small MTSO with my account a large teaching hospital of 700+ doctors. Evenings or weekends were covered by volunteers who liked the shift differential, we rotated holidays, had no set shifts, no time clocks, and hours were flexible according to the workload. We were simply required to transcribe a minimum amount of lines a week. As a result, nobody had to work every weekend and/or every holiday, work was kept in TAT and the company did not have MTs sitting around twiddling their thumbs one day and mandatory OT the next.

What prompted that account to switch to offshoring? "jammy-jobbers"? Really? No, it was MONEY. Offshoring was cheaper. Everyone knows that. What ruined it for everyone were these offshoring MTSOs who looked at the MT business and greedily decided they could take a bite out of that pie. As can be seen, they didn't (and still don't) know how to run this type of business, as those more experienced MTSOs did. I know in our case, the doctors fought to keep us, and did delay the switch for a few years, but eventually the administrators won.
AMEN. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
yeah, yeah it worked so well they worked themselves out of business - because none of them sold out to M or N
[ In Reply To ..]
right??? Are you kidding me???
BS - CT
[ In Reply To ..]
M and N, I'm probably pretty accurately assuming, paid a pretty penny for these small transcription companies, some amount they couldn't refuse. M and N don't want any competition. They'd buy each other out if they could.
Hmmm...I don't think you understand how the business - works
[ In Reply To ..]
So you're saying all these smaller MTSOs "sold out" because their MTs didn't show up and they lost the accounts....but Nuance and MM still bought them??

Or....all those smaller MTSOs sold out because they were offered money and couldn't compete with the underbids of the offshoring companies.

Hmmm...which one makes sense? And I can vouch for my PERSONAL experience that the MTSO I worked for that had been in the business for 30+ years couldn't compete with the offshoring MTSO low bids (in our case, it was iMedX).
You are so wrong! - CT
[ In Reply To ..]
I started out with a small MTSO 20 years ago, and they made it work perfectly! I don't know what you are talking about. The TAT was 24 hours, and the MTs were always able to meet it. They were reliable and professional, because they were treated with respect and paid fairly. These software companies just in the transcription business to sell their SR programs have brought about everyone having to work evenings/weekends/holidays. They promise the client the moon and stars and then crap all over their hard-working MTs. We have been expected to give more and more and then have everything taken away, our money and our time. This is why I quit a month ago. I am no longer one of their slaves.

Schedules--Anon. Like to know what platform you work on. - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
You have lasted 17 years and love the work. I am curious to know what platform you are on as with just starting out it is horrible voice and accounts are impossible to get a flow going, let alone see any longevity. Heard that Docuscribe was a good program, but Fluency and POD is all horrid.

Used to compensate in pay for weekends and evenings. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Should still be.

Absolutely right - Used to get shift diff

[ In Reply To ..]
and weekend diff. And they stole our PTO hours. Rotten greedy bastards. 14 months til retirement. If I could get out before then, I would.
I prefer a weekday off - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
its the only way I can get anything done with the crappy schedule they stuck me with...Hiring for dayshift MTs, my arse..dayshift is not noon to 8, job hunting, wish I didn't quit my last place based on the lies from this company

PLATFORM - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on Fluency. I do love my job. I really don't have any problems with my accounts. So I am lucky in that aspect. But I believe it's time to move on because I do not want to work every weekend and they did give me a schedule that I don't have to work every weekend, but boy, it was like a slap in the face.

Similar Messages:

IC Schedules
Sep 08, 2010

I am new to independent contractor status, so I just have a few questions, so bear with me.  I will be contracted with a company to do the work, who is contracted with the the business that needs the work done.  I was told of the work schedule.  I was told by a legal person that ICs set their own schedules; days/hours to work.  So which is it?  Can the transcription company that I would contract with tell me the hours I need to work or can I tell them which hours/days I ...

MT Schedules
Jan 27, 2011

I thought usual MT shifts involved one weekend work day a week.  Is this normal?  I was offered both weekend nights and obviously they are "allowed" to do what they want, but seems a little unfair.  I don't expect any nasty responses of like take what you can get sort of thing, I am just trying to get a consensus of schedules and if I should bring this up, considering there won't be any work on the weekends... thanks ya'll ...

No Set Schedules?
Jun 08, 2013

Are there any companies anymore that do not require you to set in stone your hours that you want to work?  The company I work for now has a 12-hour timeframe that you can do your 8 hours in, but its one of those things that when you start, if you get up or get a phone call or have to do anything whatsoever, the time is counted off of your productive time, and you have to add it back on the back end so you end up working throughout the whole 12 hours to get your 8. What if I don't want ...

HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE SCHEDULES
Jun 09, 2014

Seems like  the QC and TSM are not on the same page - is this the old North region (now whatever) where the QC seems to communicate more than the TSM? As far as I'm concerned, they can all go jump in the Lake (and that's putting it nicely).  ...

Keystrokes Schedules
Jan 04, 2010

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how flexible they are in scheduling.  I was offered a position that isn't the shift I want to work, but I need the job so I'm considering it.  I'm hoping to be able to change shifts once hired and have been told that wouldn't be a problem.  However, I know first-hand that some MTSOs will say one thing to get you on board but then not do it afterwards.  So, I'm wondering if I should I take t ...

Transcend Schedules
Jun 05, 2011

How well do they work with you on shifts?  Also saw day shifts available in ad, but are they hard to get?  ...

ICs, Do You Stick To Your Schedules?
Jul 21, 2011

I'm just curious how well other ICs stick to their schedules, do you ask for time off or just let management know you won't be there, do you work extra when management asks??? Sometimes I feel like I behave as if I am an employee, but without any of the benefits. I'd like to know what the norm is out there. Thanks! ...

Monitoring Schedules
May 26, 2013

Got a phone call yesterday from TL questioning my being short on my time card.  I had sent in OOW email etc and followed protocol as on that prior Saturday had run out of work which is typical for Saturdays with who I type for, but am still being questioned and was told to take PTO Time to make my 40 hours week.  Said that they were going over making sure everyone was working their assigned schedule.  ...

How Can We Comply To Our Schedules....
Sep 08, 2014

I haven't worked my schedule in over 2 weeks due to being out of work!  It does not seem to be getting any better!   ...

Does Ambulatory Have Set Schedules? -
Jan 27, 2015

I left last summer and at that time they did not.  Curious if they do now.  Thanks. ...

M MODAL Schedules
Feb 13, 2015

I have been offered a position at mmodal. But I have to sign the agreement before I negotiate a schedule. What are current mmodal employees thoughts on this? ...

Do MQ MTs Have Set Schedules? Are There Choice Of Hours?
Apr 26, 2010

aaaaaaaaaa ...

Cannot Approve PTO And Change Schedules
Jun 23, 2010

My CCM says that corporate said she could not approve PTO or make any changes to schedules until after July 4.  Whats with that, anybody know. ...

WMX/Nuance Question About Schedules
Jun 26, 2011

I assume for now they will leave our schedules as they are, but does anyone know if they have requirements like - 6 months before you can change shifts/hours, etc.  Also, does anyone know what their PT requirements are, 20 hours maybe 2 10 hour shifts (hope, hope).   ...

Nuance- Everyone Having To Change Schedules...
Nov 21, 2011

So, what's everybody think about the new policy of having to change our schedules to either Sun-Th or Tues-Sat?  I'm fuming, especially with them doing it right before the holidays, and I don't understand why they didn't just ask for volunteers first.  I'm looking elsewhere.  They've put us through way too much since Nuance taking over, and I've stuck it out until now.  But, I don't know if there's very many companies out there tha ...

Accentus - Flexibility With Schedules
Feb 21, 2012

Hi.  I was wondering if there are any Accentus employees here that could tell me a little about working for them..specifically, their 15 hour weekend position, 3rd shift positions and if they are employee status positions.  I was also wondering if it a set schedule because I had read that there is more flexibility with schedules with Accentus, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Nuance Flexible Schedules?
Apr 24, 2012

I am due to join this company due to merger.  Can someone please tell me if they offer any kind of flexible schedule?  Thank you in advance. ...

Question Regarding Keystrokes Schedules.
Aug 01, 2012

I was contacted by KS regarding some openings.  One schedule is Mon, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.   I'd rather have Saturdays off and work sundays.   IF I took this job, how often can you request a Saturday off, working one of your days off in its place?  ...

Why Are We Threatened About Changing Our Schedules When There (sm)
May 18, 2013

is no work, and now that work has picked up there will be mandatory schedule changes????  I really resent being punished for the company's work-flow issues.  It's bad enough that they throw a ridiculous amount of accts with different profiles at us and at the same time expect perfect work but charge us to use QA and constant reminders that corporate is looking at our line counts.  My stomach is contantly in knots while I'm working so why would I ...

Anyone Heard Anything About Christmas Schedules?
Dec 01, 2013

holidays, so 1 person doesnt have to work all day.  We worked out T'Day schedule but not a word is heard about Christmas.  And dont they usually do their diabolical plans into action right before Christmas/end of the year?  Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about PTO/scheduling for the Christmas holiday. ...

Its No Big Deal To Move Your Schedules Again!
Jun 06, 2015

If the bulk of our work is nights and weekends, why arent our lovely HDSAs and TSAs working the same damn hours?  I dont care about their families or if they have to work two jobs and cant keep changing their hours (oh wait, they get a living wage and dont work 2 jobs).  I have changed my hours 3 times in the past 8 months.  What happened to all the new hires?  What, gave them 9-5 also?     Dont they know they are chasing their own damn tails?  Moving our hou ...

What Companies Are More Flexible With Their Hours/schedules
Aug 04, 2010

I read a post on one of the boards yesterday by someone who was asking what companies are more flexible with their hours/schedules, etc.  Wanted to read responses and cannot find the original post to save my soul!!  Anybody know what board it is on? Thanks ...

Webmedx Changing Schedules Before 90 Days
Sep 14, 2011

I know you are supposed to work a shift for ? months before you can change, but...  I have been offered a FT in house position and would like to switch my PT hours to go around those.  Do you think there is any chance?  Should I even ask or is it set in stone?  Has anyone been allowed to do this?  Does it depend on the account manager?   I don't really want to quit WMX, really, really want to stay part time but I don't want to turn down a FT in house ...

Any Companies Offer Flexible Schedules?
Dec 28, 2011

Just wondering if there are any companies out there that offer flexible schedules.  I am currently a substitute teacher, so I don't have a set schedule for work.  I have about 5 years of transcriptions experience and would like to pick up about 15-25 hours of transcribing per week, but I don't want a set schedule.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Companies With Employee Status That Offer Flexible Schedules?
Aug 05, 2012

I know this has probably been asked so many times on this board, but I am currently working for a company as an employee, full time, and I'd really like to move on. I've been there 6 years and the only thing that is holding me back right now is the fact that I need to have a flexible schedule and I don't really want IC status.  Right now, I work 2 hours in the morning and 6-7 hours in the evenings. However, if one of my kids has a dance class or karate in the evening and I&# ...

What A Crock...We Are Told To Adjust Our Schedules For This Massive Onslaught Of Work..Sm
Mar 30, 2013

and, of course, there is no work to speak of at all.  This is pure BS.  Something is surely fishy and we are being lied to daily.  I regret every day I entered this field, but then, when I did, I was able to support myself.  Not anymore, but that's the same old song and dance. ...

TTS - Can "flex" Our Schedules
May 21, 2012

I was just hired 3 weeks ago for a new account that wtarts out with straight typing and will go to VR. I practically get no work on this account since I think they overhired. Alos they gave me a backup account that now almost every day I run out of work almost ebery day on the backup account. Every week there is at least 1 whole day where I have every no work on either account or only 1 hour's worth of work. Supposedly they are looking into giving me a third account. Meantime, their mi ...