A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

BCBS is a crock - Riverspirit60

Posted: Feb 11, 2013

With the way BCBS is set up, I'd be better off not having insurance.  They set an impossible-for-me-to-meet deductible and then they only pay 75% afterwards?  Oh brother.  There's no way I can afford that deductible.  Thank goodness I'm a fairly healthy individual. 

I hear MM insurance is a good deal, very reasonable. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

oh that's interesting - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's not the falut of BCBS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the policy your company bought. BCBS didn't just arbitrarily decide to offer those benefits to you.

Be careful before you dump the insurance..sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for Nuance but did in the past. I had always been a relatively healthy person, too, but I fell ill in the summer of 2010 and spent 6 months...yes, SIX months...in a hospital, clinging to life and have had health issues ever since, including several hospitalizations, surgeries, and procedures as well as having to take a butt-load full of medicine. My point is that you never know when you will need insurance and when you need it, you NEED it. I realize that insurance premiums are high, but the cost of a lengthy hospitalization can bankrupt a person.

My BCBS through hubby's company is very good - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems they hardly ever charge anything on the deductible. There is a negotiated fee between the plan and the hospital network. It would be pretty expensive if hubby's company did not pick up most of the tab. Better benefits are definitely needed for MTs.

It is basically to guard you against a catastrophic illness - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The insurance used to be a lot better at Nuance before they acquired all these other companies. I didn't have group health ins. at my previous employer (I was an independent contractor) and had to buy an individual policy, which included even less than what we are getting through BCBS now, and it cost 3 x as much. I was going to quit Nuance and go back to my former employer and found out I had lupus. I can't afford not to be with a group plan.

check out Aetna - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
I have them through AARP, and I'm pleased with the coverage they provide. I pay $308 per month, which I think is fairly decent.

Similar Messages:

Major HIPAA Violation By BCBS Of GA
Jun 26, 2010

So today I get a letter from BCBS of GA.  Whoops, they had a security breech on their website.  Someone "may have" gotten acccess to my name, SS #, and credit card info. They made "security changes to prevent it from happening again". They are offering me one free year of "identity protection" under Debix Identity Protection Network (has ANYONE out there every heard of this company?).  They want me to leap on to the DIPN website and give them all my information so they can prote ...

What A Crock
Mar 19, 2015

I'm not even doing work from my POD.  My POD is caught up because of this mandatory crap.  Here we go again with the account jumping.  Stupid idiots! ...

The Incentive Is A Crock And Only Looks
Oct 19, 2012

on paper like they are "giving" us something. The reality is the weekend incentives always cause work to run out on primary accounts the first day, making it difficult or in some cases impossible to even get your required lines in on unfamiliar accounts, not to mention the threat of losing money by sending more to QA on accounts that don't allow blanks sent to the customer. I am not playing that game, business as usual and will enjoy a day off for NJA. ...

My GOD, Get A Load Of This Crock!
Jul 04, 2013

The suits are getting creative in countering our truth-telling, that's for sure!  ...

Just Received The Email About New RAD Rates, What A Crock!
Sep 12, 2013

OK, I'm a little late to the Basher's Ball here but, geez, this sucks!!  So, bear with me, I need to vent!!!   PTO, hmm, there was a time when a loyal employee who stuck it out with the company through cuts and low work was rewarded by increased PTO for time with the company.  I guess we can add loyalty to the list of things that companies now punish you for thus creating a society of workers who are losing sight of what the word loyalty means.    I saw only ...

What A Crock...We Are Told To Adjust Our Schedules For This Massive Onslaught Of Work..Sm
Mar 30, 2013

and, of course, there is no work to speak of at all.  This is pure BS.  Something is surely fishy and we are being lied to daily.  I regret every day I entered this field, but then, when I did, I was able to support myself.  Not anymore, but that's the same old song and dance. ...