A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the key combination to adjust volume - in Fluency?

Posted: Feb 14, 2014

I can't seem to find it in any of my references, but I find that I'm adjusting the volume by hand for almost every report.  Thanks in advance!

Ctrl + NUMPAD + Plus - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That's per the FFT 7.3 Key Combinations guide but I haven't actually tried it.

OK ... this is a really really dumb question but ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What the heck is NUMPAD, am I supposed to have a key on my keyboard that says that?

Thank you very much for your response, by the way. :)

Yep, that was a really dumb question alright ... LOLOL - I found it - DUH

[ In Reply To ..]
And it DOES work perfectly - just used it. Thanks again so much!

You made me smile. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Key Combination To Change Dictation Volume?
Apr 06, 2014

Can someone tell me how to change the volume of a dictation using the keyboard?  I find that I almost have to change the volume with each dictation - one is too loud and the next one is too soft.  I'm sure I must change the volume 20 times a day using my speaker button.  Is there any way to do this using the keyboard?  Thanks in advance! ...

If You've Been Asked To Adjust Your Time Card...
Apr 25, 2012

...so Nuance doesn't have to pay MUP (make-up pay)... especially if you are new to Nuance or on new account/s... be aware that this is against the law. Most companies pay a flat rate, i.e., my last job paid $9/hr for the first 4-6 weeks while you are getting your line count up, your macros made, learning your new account, docs, etc.  Nuance does not.  They throw you to the alligators and if you don't make minimum wage in your state, they must pay MUP.  They don ...

How To adjust The Auto Back Space?
Feb 27, 2013

Can  anyone tell me how to adjust the auto back space?  I hate that darned thing! ...

How To Adjust The Auto Backspace On The Footpedal?
Mar 09, 2013

Can someone tell me how to adjust the auto backspace on the footpedal? Thank you ...

Combination Of Two Meds
Oct 07, 2013

Sounds like he is saying "piptazone"  Trying to combine piperacillin tazobactam Anyone heard of this?   ...

Webmedx/Nuance Combination ?
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone work for Webmedx and happy there?  Doesn't sound like there have been many changes yet with their buyout by Nuance.  Are you having enough work (or on a fairly regular basis)?  I know this varies by each area, but in general are most of you keeping out of the soup lines? If you hire on PT to try it out, can you switch to full time or do you have to wait so long? Is second shift the better shift to get more steady workflow? What is the difference in hiring on w ...

Paracetamol/codeine Combination
May 15, 2014

the doc states:  the pateint attempted to relay my fears about paracetamol toxicity as he s/lbores these medications so that he extracts the paractamol component from them.   The patient takes paracetamol/codeine combinations - over the counter - drug misuse any idea what that word might be   Thanks ...

Emdat Inscribe - Adjust How Much The Dictation Automatically Rewinds
Jul 11, 2012

Hi, Just learning this platform now..  Is there a way to adjust how much the dictation automatically rewinds when you press the foot pedal?  It's too much now.  I printed out the manual and went through the tutorial but I don't remember what they said about this.  What do you all think about the Inscribe platform?  I'm used to something very different, so it seems like a challenge to me. TIA ...

What A Crock...We Are Told To Adjust Our Schedules For This Massive Onslaught Of Work..Sm
Mar 30, 2013

and, of course, there is no work to speak of at all.  This is pure BS.  Something is surely fishy and we are being lied to daily.  I regret every day I entered this field, but then, when I did, I was able to support myself.  Not anymore, but that's the same old song and dance. ...

What Is Your Minimum Line Requirement, Typing, VR, Or Combination.
May 03, 2012

x ...

Speechmotion - Key Combination How To Capitalize text Once It Is Highlighted
Jun 12, 2012

I've looked all over the manual and I'm not able to find the key combination how to capitalize text once it is highlighted.  Anybody? ...

Enterprise Express Editor- Key Combination To Change Speech Engine
Jan 28, 2015

Can anyone share the keystrokes used to alert/train the speech engine to remember a term. Example:  milligrams per kilograms per hour to mg/kg/h OR really anything you want it to learn.   (yes I know we are dealing with software that is almost impossible to train - especially with MiraLax versus MiraLAX).  Thanks so much! ...

Volume Control
Mar 25, 2012

Hi folks, Is there a way to turn the volume up or down using just the keyboard fod DocQscribe?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Volume Problem
May 01, 2013

Can anyone offer a suggestion?  Recently, I am unable to hear the dictation on some reports.  I have the volume all the way turned up, by using Ctrl +, and still cannot hear some reports clearly.  Makes work a little more difficult. After turning it all the way up, the next report will blast my ears out.  Too funny. TIA. ...

Prostate Volume
Dec 10, 2013

How would you type prostate volume was measured at 39.5 (cc cubed)? ...

S/l Parathagital Volume Loss On MRI
Nov 18, 2010

Thanks for any help! ...

Bayscribe - Is There A Volume Booster?
Jul 10, 2011

I always seem to have issues with being able to get the audio up to a comfortable volume on the Bayscribe platform.  I don't think it's an issue with my computer, as my other platforms have volumes that are just fine. Is there a volume booster somewhere on Bayscribe besides the obvious up and down button on the audio player that I'm overlooking?  I have all the settings up to maximum on my computer as well as having the audio player volume all the way up to no avail. TIA t ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

CommandHealth Volume Bonus
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone who works for CommandHealth (Transform/MD-IT) know how the VRE volume bonus works? I tried to figure it out using the numbers on my pay report but I couldn't come up with the percentages we are supposed to be receiving according to the number of lines edited each day. It appears like it's only half of what it should be. ...

Increased Volume Email From BR
May 15, 2015

Did anyone else receive an email from BR this morning stating we are to let her know if we are seeing an increased amount of work as she made changes to the settings so we'll receive more? They added this to our POD a week or two ago w/o letting us know and sent an email out after the fact. Nice to know they've added more work to our POD when we can't even clear out the work we're already getting... Thank you. ...

Boosting Volume Of A Very Whispery Dictator!
Sep 12, 2012

I read on this website some time ago and there was talk about a piece of hardware you could connect to your computer that would boost the volume and I think it was called "boost or booster."  If anyone knows of this device I would love to get one.  Anyone remember what it was called or where I can get one?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

My Sista MTs. Get Ready For The New Excuse For Low Volume.
Feb 07, 2013

if you acct is in the southwest, all volumes will be low because of that winter storm ...

Keyboard-Fluency-Volume Problem
Apr 30, 2013

Has anyone experienced a problem with their keyboard today while typing reports in Fluency. When I hit the Control + key while in the body of my report (to increase the volume) it is also changing my font size to larger. When I hit Control - key (to lower volume) it shrinks my font size. I am talking about the number keypad to the far right of the keyboard. Thanks. ...

Is There A Keyboard Shortcut For Adjusting The Volume?
Aug 18, 2013

nm ...

Earbud Headphones With Volume Control?
Jul 31, 2014

Can anyone suggest a good set of earbud headphones with volume control?  I had some a long time ago but my cat chewed through them (lol).  I really miss the volume control feature and have just been using cheap ones but darnit I want/deserve some good headphones for myself!  TIA!     ...

Volume Control: Is There A Command On Enterprise?
Dec 14, 2014

For  the  last  2  days,  the  volume  on  Enterprise  seems very, very low.  First,  I  thought it  was  me (old age finally kicking  in).  Anyone  else   experiencing this?   I've  got my speaker volume  cranked up to the  top.  Is their some type  of  command  I  can  use? Thanks in  advance.   ...

Epic Takes Volume From Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

It's official, volumes low on Imedx due to Epic software roll out. ...

Computer Volume Control Boost. This May Help A Little
Apr 21, 2015

I have a Boostaroo and it muffles the audio when I turn it up on my headset.  Some of these dictators go back and forth in volume and I have caught several mistakes I made on deciding what I hear.   This simple Windows function might help some of you, I noticed a small difference right away. I am also looking into an app to download as I don't have room for a set of speakers up on my work area to plug headset into.   I am going to research more on this with  l ...

Turning Up The Volume - Nuance - Enterpise Platform
Apr 05, 2012

Curious if anyone knows a way to adjust the volume on the Enterprise platform?  For some reason I cannot hear some dictations very well and would love to turn up the volume  :)    ...