A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Really careful - dumbdumb

Posted: Dec 20, 2010

Editing ASR.  Doctor CLEARLY states upcoming eye surgery and the ASR transcribed upcoming "knee" surgery.  There is no way this sounded like knee surgery, but that is what it put.  It was spelled correctly, looked OK.  If I had not been actually editing and listening and doing what I understand some people do and just "proofreading," there is no way I would have caught this.  It is not possible to edit MQ's ASR without listening to every word (and get it right) -- at least on my accounts.  It just puts crazy things. 

precisely why I do not believe - some are able to do so much

[ In Reply To ..]
I think a lot of people blow through these reports and I sincerely hope that they get audited and reprimanded for this.
The samples in the repository are horrible. I would love to have their work and I at least would do it properly.
Get rid of those that don't do their job so those of us that do can actually get some work.

re; dumbdumb - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
As someone already mentioned below, ASR has been goofing up a lot since the upgrade. MT/ME (our region anyway) got a memo in this regard, to report the biggest issues to support, so they can re-do/re-vamp the system all over again. It apparently has to re-learn a lot of stuff.

When you say "If i had not actually been edting and listening...there is no way I could have caught this"... it makes it sound as if you don't USUALLY do so.

THIS is what editors are SUPPOSE to do! Read through this with eagle eyes and a fine toothed comb to boot. I would surely hope that as long as you are editing you do it correctly! ASR going through with crazy crud mistakes makes us MTs look bad enough.

I hope many of you realize that doctors have absolutely no idea how transcription is being done these days. They think that they are still "talking" to an MT that has access to information on hand to make them sound like the intellegent people they "think" they are! haha!

I had a doc ask me what I did, told him I was an MT and he had the audacity to tell me how wonderful it was to have a machine do that for him now. When I told him that 95% of the work his wonderful machine does is sent back to MT's like me for editing, his jaw hit the floor. I asked him how cost effective it was to have the report's done twice. He had NO idea. No clue.

No, I do actually listen and edit. A lot of people - post on here that

[ In Reply To ..]
they just proofread, spellcheck and ship.

Wow - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't believe it. With ASR, I listen to it very closely against the text, then fast-forward and listen again against the text. So, I could just be taking the easy way out, then? Nah. I like my 99% audit scores.

maybe they listen as they proofread. cant believe people dont listen to it - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Those people scooting through 300-400 lph - cannot be listening
[ In Reply To ..]
to each and every word or their account has way better ASR than mine.
they may have long standards to insert - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
Some accounts have nice long Ctrl-S standards to insert and all you have to do is jump through the @@ and fill in the blanks. I know, I used to have one of those accounts and yeah I used to do 300-400 lines an hour. However, MQ lost that account and now I have a miserly account that wants to insert all their own standards so we have to leave a blank and they do it in house.

Of course, on the old account MTs were getting nailed for inserting those long standards when they weren't asked for to boost their line count, which is probably why we lost that account in the first place.

Also, on that nice account we didn't have to mess around with the ADT screen, just enter through to the typing screen. You don't realize how much time we waste (unpaid of course) on the ADT info. That also helped boost the line count tremendously.
ADT kills my production as much as poor ASR - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I spend half of the time entering referring physicans, finding correct admissions, searching for patients, and putting in blessed carbon copies to every Tom, Di*ck, and Harry in the state and sometimes adjacent states, entering phone numbers, fax numbers, and have even had to enter e-mail addresses. Big time expense.

re: you tell that doc - Jimi thang

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad you had an opportunity to tell one doctor what transcription has come down to!

Next time I have to go in for any appointment, I am going to bring up any reason to ask about their transcription and tell them also about OUR work involved in EDITING what the flipping machine is messing up so much!

I didn't get that impression from the OP - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the OP sounded very conscientious. It sounds like she does exactly what she is supposed to do with her reports.

Similar Messages:

To V10--Be Careful
Jul 23, 2010

Don't be too quick to tag this all as drama.  I have been with MQ for about 12 years.  I left and came back 1-1/2 years ago.  I was told many things in being hired back that were not true. Then I was micro-managed when I came back.  Things have settled down and I am very fortunate to still have enough work, although not on my primary account. Please know that this is not just all drama.  It is very stressful if you are the main bread-winner.  If not,may not be ...

BE CAREFUL!!!
Oct 07, 2014

The comma police are coming to an audit near you.  Be afraid, be very afraid.  Woooo. ...

Be Careful - More Landmines
Nov 25, 2013

It's probably my "conspiracy theorist" mind at work but a couple of weeks ago I posted a few ASR errors in reports that a great number of MTs were missing/overlooking that could cost a lot of points in an audit.  Since then, I'm noticing a big flood of other ones so I wanted to just post a big warning to BE CAREFUL.  I'm not sure if these little landmines are sprinkled through our reports in order to trip us up on audits but I want you all to be especially watchful and d ...

Be Very Careful When Applying To SoftScript
Dec 05, 2009

Be very careful when applying to SoftScript.  They have many openings but I have applied, when through the testing, got an interview, but they never called and when trying to find answers they never respond.  I would be very skeptical of working for a company like this.  I also checked a little into them and found out that I was not the first one that this has happened to, plus getting work can be a problem and keeping work can be a problem.  ...

Be Careful With The Time Clock
Jun 24, 2010

at least once a day I go to clock out, and it clocks me in again automatically immediately.  I then have to wait and clock out again during the next minute or so to make sure that I am indeed officially clocked OUT. Watch it closely.  I don't know what is up. ...

I Am Usually Careful About Comments On Line
Dec 11, 2012

but this takes the cake.  I have a good notion not to finish my shift.  If I wasn't the sole wage earner, I'd sure quit this very moment.  They start off saying our compensation will be based on skill and competency levels -- right.  Oh and reeking of Obama philosphy, giving us "equal earning opportunity."  Now PTO is calculated on how many hours you work, rather than years with the company or FT status?  Nonproduction hour pay is cut.  I love the tra ...

Careful With World Wide Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

Nice people, but the two things I mentioned above unfortunately cancel those out.  Plus 3 cpl is RIDICULOUS!! ...

Please Be Careful When You Make A Post As The MTSOs Do Come On
Aug 06, 2013

I am posting here because although it is a "company" issue, it is also, I think a "general" issue.  I recently started working for a smaller MTSO.  When I sent in paperwork, there were problems on their end with apparently being able to open and print my scanned documents which were in a .jpg format.  This was the first time that I had ever run into a problem like that and had posted on the company board if anyone else had been having problems with this particular company receivi ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

Be Careful, There, Supes, DOL Does Care How Much Extra Scrutiny
Jun 28, 2014

Big 'ole no no, that one. ...

Someone Below Said "be Careful" Of Precyse
Jan 29, 2011

I work there and have mixed feelings.  Just curious as to other experiences/opinions. ...