A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am just about on the verge of tears - Or tearing my hair out

Posted: Dec 17, 2009

Several weeks ago, received an e-mail from my CCM, stating that all reports that had gone through the offshore MTs on a particular account had to be 100% QA'd voice to text.  First off, this report had gone through an offshore MT and not one but TWO offshore QA and now has to be 100% QA'd by a US MME on top of it and all changes have to be documented for an audit.  This has been going on for several weeks due to complaints from the hospital on the quality of the work.  I am so frustrated -- MQ has absolutely no respect for me, my experience, my training, my dignity.  Give me a pay cut to train my replacement, and then give me a further pay cut because I have to take the time to 100% QA these reports that the offshore team has already gone through THREE times.  Quite frankly this doesn't sound like a fiscally sound practice either.  Most of all I am frustrated and mad at myself for having a mortgage to pay and not being able to tell the Q "have the offshore MTs do it right the first time".  The good thing that does come out of all this is that the hospital did complain about the quality of work from the offshore MTs.  And yes, I am certain it is the offshored work.  End of vent.

Thank you dear friends.  If it weren't for you and knowing that you are there for support and an occasional vent, I would be absolutely flippin nuts !  I appreciate you and your kindness and know that you are valued BY ME !!!   

What the government wants you to have - really

[ In Reply To ..]
You qualify for 26 weeks of unemployment. You qualify for mortgage modification to 3% interest for five years, payments not to exceed 38% of your gross income. You qualify for retraining under the Trade Act #72153 is Medquist claim number. Everyone knows what you are going through. You are not alone. You do not have to suffer this much. All of us that have gone before you have been treated the same way. This is pure abuse and none of us did anything to deserve it.

MQ - STOP THE INSANITY! - poodlepassion

[ In Reply To ..]
What the h**k is wrong with MQ anyway? Why are they choosing to handle their business this way? The ILPs will never understand our trade just as us MTs will never understand a mushmouthed dictator for the first time. Will the Q ever get it? The hospitals just don't want to pay for c***p work. I pray to God that He gives me some understanding of why this is happening to us and how to handle it.

If hospitals don't want to pay for crap work, - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
they should specify no off shore transcription. Although the hospital CEOs probably care more about cheap rates than quality.

Who's responsible for the insanity? - Kumar and his hand picked employees to run this place and find every way they can to chop our pay. And why is Kumar here? - Because MQ couldn't keep their business practices clean and lost too much money to law suits.

Unfortunately, I can't wait until I get out of this profession that I love. I wish I didn't have to leave, but I have bills to pay and my income is 1/2 what it was in the past.

Trade act/TAA - anyone? anyone?

[ In Reply To ..]
My question to you and everyone else, have you been successful in obtaining this benefit from the gov, and how did you go about it?

I would like to know this, too. NM... - TedEBear

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I am starting here http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/ NM - JJ

[ In Reply To ..]
x
yep - anyone? anyone?
[ In Reply To ..]
I called on it, and was told I need an application from HR, or two more employees to petition. I'm wondering if there is a way to bypass this. I thought all we needed was the petition signed by R.C. w/ the company petition #.
The petition has already been approved. The employees of - California MT
[ In Reply To ..]
MQ have been approved as a group. If you go to the above website (doleta) and go to the part where it talks about the petitions, type in Medquist as the employer and the petition number comes up saying it has already been approved.

i hear ya - lostinmq

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear ya and I agree 100%. Countless emails from many MME have been sent to management and no reply or worse the read between the lines reply of "oh well deal with it". It is horrible that they treat us this way and at some point they will run out of the experienced MMEs and have the inexperienced MMEs and offshore people and the company will go BUST. I won't be here to see it, and I won't wish for it, but I will sit back and say we told ya so.

Fiscally sound practice ? - Well, it saves MQ money

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's say the Indian MT is paid 1 cent per line.

Let's say the Indian QAs are paid 2.5 cents per line.

So far that is 1 MT + 2 QAs = total cost to MQ 6 cents per line.

Then the work comes to an MME for a definitive QA at 3 cents a line)

Total cost to MQ: 9 cents a line for 1 transcription, 2 QAs, and 1 MME overread.

Sounds pretty fiscally sound from their point of view !

(At least compared to 10 cents a line for US transcription + 18$ an hour for US QA !)

Similar Messages:

Not On The Verge Of Crying, Tears Are Pouring
Aug 06, 2012

I have NEVER cried with a job before. Over 20 years in this world and it has finally brought me to this. A new QA/Team lead has now informed me that the specs are wrong and to do it like she says. Next problem, report had that a patient had her bags stolen from an airline. She had her "big bottle of narcotic pain medicine" in those bags. She called her pain management doctor as soon as she landed. He told her to go to the nearest ER. I could not make out the drug with 100% certainty, so I ...

Well, Here I Am In Tears Again
Jan 26, 2014

I hate this new job so much and yet I have to work.  Can't survive on Social Security. I was so relaxed and calm on my days off and now that I'm back to work, I'm in tears again. There is way too much "computer crap" for me to learn and I am just so frustrated.  MT has turned into a computerized nightmare for me and I'm sure a lot of other old MTs as well.  My transcription QA has been 100% so there is definitely no problem with knowing how to do transcription ...

In Tears
Feb 27, 2014

Tired of bouncing around. Been an MT for 30 years, 58 years old, last company I was with thought I would be there for at least until I retired, but kept running out of work, and there was a lot of mandatory overtime when the work did build up, and there was no flexibility when it came to vacations and off days. I started with a company and this is my last week of paid training 12 DPH. The pay is good, but they do not pay me for spaces (I knew this when I hired on) but thought I would give it a ...

Your Job Really Should Not Reduce You To Tears
Jan 25, 2011

I am level 3.  I have been typing report after report for the worst doctor on the planet (not English of course).  I have lashed out at my daughter, sent her a text to school apologizing, and now am in tears.  I only want to work and make a decent wage.  This has become so stressful and impossible I am just sitting here crying.  Please no flaming today -- I look all the time for something else, have applied, interviewed, etc.  When you have done this ...

Payday, More Tears
Sep 21, 2011

So, decided to rip the band-aid off early and check on my paycheck in Ultipro. After deducting my pto pay and using actual hours, production pay, Now at just over $8/hr.  There was a day I made average $15/hr, and I was one of the slow, meticulous ones.  Really not sure why I put myself through this pain but it renews my resolve every 2 weeks to get out of here.  This working 3 jobs is slowly killing me, and so tired of working until 10 o'clock at night.  And like so m ...

Escription Has Me In Tears And Questions
Nov 04, 2009

After using ExText speech for a couple years, I'm now having to learn Escription. Either I haven't had the right training or I just can't get with it. It doesn't help almost all the work is regular transcribing either, then a speech document, then back to regular transcribing. I so looked forward to Escription but the keys used are quite different from ExSpeech, and so far it's been a disaster. The red cursor box: How do you make changes to a word that's wron ...

Payday--bring On The Tears
Feb 11, 2011

I really had hopes this payday after really pouring it on every shift, adding to expansions every shift, using all the "handy hints" they gave us.  Still not cutting it.  Please God answer my prayers and get me out of this stress factory.  And God, if it's not time to get out of here, please, oh please get MQ to do the right thing and "fix" ASR.  Don't make us keep changing dangerous abbreviations.  Don't make us keep fixing "headings" that were not dic ...

Another Day Starting In Tears Because Of Crappy Dictators And
Feb 19, 2014

the stress of having to work under these conditions for pretty much peanuts. I don't know how much more I can take. ...

Patient's Report Moved Me To Tears
Apr 14, 2015

Have you ever had a patient's report bring you to absolute tears?  I've been doing this for nearly 9 years and this if the first time this has happended...wondering if this job is really starting to get the best of me?  ...