A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

payday is now every other friday - nm

Posted: Nov 23, 2010

x

Cool - Shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
When MQ farmed out payroll to ADP, they couldn't get the paydays they wanted because ADP was unable to accommodate them. I guess either MQ dumped ADP or ADP lost some of their accounts.

Strange that we weren't notified of the change other than the pay schedule (that you have to mess with just to get it big enough to see).

That's a good thing, but....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I'll like being paid every other Friday; that is, if I stay with Medquist that long. I'm wondering, though, if there isn't some other change to go along with this. I've been expecting them to raise our hourly quota for a while. Maybe that's where they'll get us next, who knows.

Possibly it has been outsourced to overseas. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Maybe I'm just dense, but what about mid-Dec? sm - Tink

[ In Reply To ..]
It shows on the 2010 payroll schedule posted in MQ Central that the last pay period ends on 12/15, but on the schedule via MQ mail, it shows the first pay period starting 12/26. Has anyone heard when we'll be paid for the time in between, or did they send out a revised 2010 payroll schedule and I just didn't see it (I don't think I always get e-mails correctly on MQ mail)? Thanks in advance!! =)

maybe it's a 10-day vacation, unpaid of course - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I replied to that email - What?

[ In Reply To ..]
asking why we did not get notice of this change so people could plan around it and when are we going to be paid for the 10 days between 12/15 and 12/26. We will see if I get an answer.

Please keep us posted if you get an answer...Thanks! - Tink

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
extra pay day on 12/31 - WIMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I too questioned the 9-day gap between 12/16 and 12/25 and my CCM sent me an email that said we will get a full check on 12/25 (24th actually because of Christmas), a partial check on 12/31 covering the 9 days and then starting 1/14 we get paid every other week.

You would think Payroll would have sent this info along with the pay schedule. Either they think we are stupid to not realize the 9-day gap or honestly don't care that the MTs live paycheck to paycheck.
Thank you so much for the info! - Tink
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you that they should have sent an explanation...just common courtesy. Seriously, we can't have been the only ones out there trying to figure out how we were going to pay the house payment, etc., with our checks being wonky!! =)

Happy Thanksgiving!!
UPDATE: Apparently there was an email sent - What?
[ In Reply To ..]
out, but obviously not to all, with more information to follow. My CCM called me today when she got my email and then forwarded me the email, Payroll System Conversion, explaining what is going on. ADP payroll system will be converted to the UltiPro payroll/HR system (no more ADP)effective the first of next year. Ask your CCM to forward you this email, or email me and I can copy it to you (don't know if it is allowed to be posted here). We will be paid for 12/16 to 12/26 on a separate check on 12/31/2010 and will have access to online pay stubs, just not with ADP.

it was explained in e-mail - read further down

[ In Reply To ..]

Sorry, you are wrong, not explained - OHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Went back in and looked. E-mail says nothing, just has the new payroll schedule attached.
I hate being right all the time - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
well, I got an e-mail.

So where is the notification that this was being changed? sm - ververyoldMQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
In South region, we have received nothing in the way of notification this was changing. Not that I have a problem, but it would have been nice to send a MQCentral mail about it.

Also, since when was it changed that we have to send any report with blanks to QA???????!!!!! I thought it was 3 or more blanks.. So I take it this starts when??? That December pay period is certainly screwed up....

Pay dates sent in e-mail on MTCentral. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I got an email stating the change...s/m - aw

[ In Reply To ..]
If anyone wants to see it, IF I can get into it without MQCentral saying message deleted, I will send it to you, just email me. Hope this helps.
Well that is just hunky dory... sm - ververyoldMQMT
[ In Reply To ..]
so, like i said i don't mind every other Friday pay day, but it would have been nice to have been given notice about it. NO EMAIL. I guess us oldies are not allowed to know. I too sent an email reply asking about the 10 days. Now I cannot get into MQCentral mail at all. That's great we will be getting a 9 day paycheck, because I was really frazzling over having to wait until Jan 14. all my bills have been set up to be due on the 25th and 10th. The 10th is where I pay my power bill and it cannot go past the 13th. Geez. why is it that there are some MTs in this company who are priviledged, even over those of us who have been here 18 yrs and have taken every pay cut and no insurance. I am loyal, and don't bash me, but Q why do u treat me like solyent Green....

Similar Messages:

Payday At
Mar 21, 2011

Any softscript, oh anyone at softscript, pay posted the 15th ROFLOL, 4 business days after the 15th, or 5 business days after the 15th at Softscript this pay period.  Anyone know when pay was posted...  ...

Payday----NOT!!
Nov 16, 2012

I had to change my direct deposit info due to opening a new account at another bank.  Although I've been getting direct deposits all along, because this is a new account, my first check for this account has to be a paper check.  Today is payday.  My mail was just delivered.  I have no paycheck.  I am truly pissed off. ...

PAYDAY/XANAX DAY
Jun 11, 2010

Well, another day fighting back tears.  Thought this paycheck would be a little better.  WRONG.  I have tried to be less anal about my reports, then I see all the posts about bad audits and get paranoid and go back to being anal.  That used to be a good thing in this profession.  Now I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. If I take enough time to correct everything ASR screws up, my pay falls.  If I let the noncritical things go, have to worry about aud ...

PAYDAY...HOORAY...
Jul 15, 2010

or not. soon I will be paying them to work. another paycheck less than the last ...

What Day Is Our 1st Payday? Not Listed In
Jan 10, 2011

. ...

Payday Cryday
Apr 22, 2011

Think MQ should offer fully paid mental health benefits, with what our job has come to.  Just got a raise.  Woohoo!  Not enough to by an extra can of beans.  Good luck to all the people answering adds to Become A Medical Transcritionist, make up to $40K!!  Feel bad for them.  ...

Payday, More Tears
Sep 21, 2011

So, decided to rip the band-aid off early and check on my paycheck in Ultipro. After deducting my pto pay and using actual hours, production pay, Now at just over $8/hr.  There was a day I made average $15/hr, and I was one of the slow, meticulous ones.  Really not sure why I put myself through this pain but it renews my resolve every 2 weeks to get out of here.  This working 3 jobs is slowly killing me, and so tired of working until 10 o'clock at night.  And like so m ...

Isn't This Payday For Proscript?
Oct 11, 2011

I just started, but the date I got was today for payday, yet it is not in my bank.  They told me I do not have to wait for direct deposit, that it is right off the bat (rather than waiting the usual two checks or so with any other place).  Just wondering if I should make a stink if it really is payday since nothing was deposited.  I wonder if it is because yesterday was a holiday. ...

Transcend Payday
Dec 07, 2011

I just noticed that we get paid on 12/24/11 which is a Saturday.  I'm new with Transcend, so does mean I have to wait until the Monday after Christmas before for it to be direct deposited or will they actually send it through on the Friday before?  ...

Is Today Payday?
Apr 06, 2012

no deposit got last check late,,,not even sure if it is payday at this point... ...

Is Today Payday
Apr 21, 2012

no check in the mail either,,,usually they are pretty good about getting them here on time. ...

It's Payday Yipee
Jun 13, 2014

I made minimum wage for the past 2 weeks.  Tell me again why I work for this company?  I can now look for a job doing any stupid thing, anywhere, and not have to take a pay cut.  Isn't that terrific? Is this a bad dream???  No, this is actually my life, having done this work for 25 years.  Maybe just a little better training, and I might catch on and start making the real $$$ :-( ...

Payday Today ???
Mar 13, 2015

Did anyone get their paychecks deposited to their accounts today?  Mine is not in the bank !  Desperately need money ! WHERE IS OUR PAYCHECKS ????? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Find The Payday Schedule
Jun 25, 2010

on MqCentral? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to locate it. I thought today was payday and wala..no pay. So, is it not until Monday? Seems strange. ...

Was Looking Forward To Payday Tomorrow Until
Jul 14, 2010

I got an email from HR today that my husband was 'accidentally' added back on my insurance.  Note that he has not been on my insurance for almost a year.  How this happened I have no idea. That means my paycheck tomorrow will have about $400 deducted from it just for that error.  The email basically said "Ooops, sorry about our mistake you will be reimbursed with *next* paycheck." That means a 2-week wait for their mistake.  I am not desperate for the money (thank ...

Payday--bring On The Tears
Feb 11, 2011

I really had hopes this payday after really pouring it on every shift, adding to expansions every shift, using all the "handy hints" they gave us.  Still not cutting it.  Please God answer my prayers and get me out of this stress factory.  And God, if it's not time to get out of here, please, oh please get MQ to do the right thing and "fix" ASR.  Don't make us keep changing dangerous abbreviations.  Don't make us keep fixing "headings" that were not dic ...

Payday Is Supposed To Be A Happy Day :(
Mar 25, 2011

I AM WORTH AT LEAST DOUBLE IF NOT TRIPLE WHAT I MAKE HERE!!!!  QA SCORES HIGH, QA SUBMISSION LOW!!!  WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE APPRECIATED FOR WHAT WE DO FOR THIS COMPANY??????  I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH!!!    ...

Yowza... I Think I Missed Payday?
Aug 27, 2011

My MQ check is a whoppin' 333 bucks this PP...   ramen and beans again.  Between NJA, ESL and pay cuts I think I'll call it quits here.  I can do better at a minimum wage job and have less stress.  Giving notice TOMORROW.  Gotta say this tho, the best part about MQ is this board!  LOL!  I've had some good laughs and heard a lot of solid, truthful news and facts about our industry and other's plights working here for peanuts (half peanut ...

Keystrokes Payday Change
Aug 30, 2011

So, I got this nice email from KS today.  Paydates are changing immediately, from the 1st and 15th to the 3rd and 17th - because their "financial advisors" told them to.  Really?  I guess that means they don't have money to make payroll on Thursday.  ...

Payday 24th? Since Xmas Is The 25th?
Dec 22, 2009

?? ...

Another Payday Tomorrow. I Feel A Bout Of
Aug 11, 2011

I wonder just how small it's going to be, this time?   ...

I Lost My Pay Period/payday Sheet
Jul 30, 2012

no message ...

Today Is Payday, And I Just Applied For Govt Assistance
Oct 20, 2011

MAJOR VENT.  My paycheck from MQ was deposited into my account today and it just sent me into a panic.  Pay days are NOT supposed to feel like this - they are not supposed to cause you to put your head down on your desk and cry.  They are not supposed to be like this.  For the first time EVER I won't be able to pay my rent.  I'm a single mom, I've worked full-time with MQ for 14 years, I'm an MME (supposedly at the top of my career game) and I can� ...

Whoo Hooo -- Payday. Ramen Noodles Here I Come!! Hey Are They Indian, Too?
Mar 25, 2010

nm ...

I So Very Much With It Was Friday!!
Jul 14, 2011

I have had so much work this week I felt like my head was spinning from one account to the next, to the next platform and back, and then to the next platform and next acount, and all over again.  I've been working on a couple new ESL's and I literally wanted to put my head down at some points and just cry.  Listening to their rolling tongue and 100-mile-per-hour speech over and over again trying to understand what they were saying.  It was making me nuts!!  I'm ...

Last Day Was Friday
Dec 01, 2013

Best early Christmas present I could have ever given myself!  Now I can't say for sure that the new company I signed on with as an IC is going to be any better, but a girl can dream, can't she?  At any rate, it will be different and will hopefully give me a more flexible schedule so that I can work on that totally new career of upscale cat furniture.  I have not finished my prototype yet as hubby may be getting a new job too and we might be moving for this new job.  ...

This Happens Nearly Every Friday...
Dec 05, 2014

Has anyone elsed noticed that ASR sometimes "takes a break" on Fridays??? I was doing pretty good with my line count for the week, hoping to make a decent bonus tier for this last week before the new pay plan rolls out. Then, BOOM... nearly all reports are straight transcription this morning. Long op notes that I usually edit this time each day (and can get a very good LPH) I now have to type out. Bye bye bonus. ...

Friday, Oh Friday
May 22, 2015

Friday - Is It My Imagination?
Aug 13, 2010

On Friday, all my coworkers seem to take off early.  I thought Friday was a work day.  LOL. ...

Got An Interview Friday!
Oct 19, 2010

Please everyone cross your fingers and toes!!  I tweaked my resume and I've been getting some interest from potential employers and have an interview for this Friday for a medical records clerk for the prosecutor's office.  I'm so hoping this is the one, but I won't be crushed if it's not.  I've had so many disappointments in my new job search over the past year, I'm getting used to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!!     ...