A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedQuist Reports Third Quarter 2009 PROFITS --Brags about workforce reductions - DespiseMQForReal

Posted: Nov 10, 2009

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-reports-third-quarter-2009-results-69596867.html

From article:

Net income for the third quarter of 2009 was $9.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share compared to a loss of $5.8 million and $0.15 per diluted share in the prior comparable period year. This improvement was the result of multiple programs designed to increase productivity, and decrease cost of revenues.

Research and development costs decreased $2.2 million or 47.5% to $2.4 million for the three months ended September 30, 2009 compared with $4.6 million for the three months ended September 30, 2008. The decrease was primarily due to lower compensation expense as a result of workforce reductions and an increase in capitalized software development costs.

You need a reality check ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not MQ against us. The Q is doing the same thing every other business in the world is doing: Progressing and advancing their business.

There is not a career out there that is not going through these changes.

No need to waste, yes - waste, your energy despising the Q or any other entity. Use your energy to prepare for a different career.

I guarantee you that from this day forward, for every 5 actual working years you have left, you will need a new form of a job/career and reinvent your professional self to maintain whatever standard you have today, much less increase it.

Stop acting like it is this one company, this one industry, this one career doing this and that it is a specific strategic plot against you. Grow up. It is business.

YOU DO IT, TOO! EVERY SINGLE DAY! You look for ways to cut costs to your living. It's what you do for your survival. Trying to live more for the same or less money.

Companies don't go into business to just give away services and products. They do it to make money.

What an immature view of the world and a displaced sense of personal spurning most of you seem to have over this.

You have your opinion, I have mine - MQ is just like every other company, for themselves, not the av - Still feel the same

[ In Reply To ..]
If anyone needs a reality check it is you. I have nothing positive to say about a company that is stealing wages then bragging about profits. You say whatever you want about Medquist but my sentiments will not change EVER!!!!!

P.S. You get a life also.

Agree with post - MQ should not be defended

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for positing about MQ profits. This just confirms why wages are getting smaller and smaller. There are companies that are trying to help their employees, my husband's is one of them. MQ is not doing the same. Stealing wages, lying about job titles then decreasing pay is so wrong. Other companies that are failing at least are trying to be up front with their employers instead of keeping them employed and constantly stealing their wages legally. I agree with this post about MQ GREED.

MQ Greed - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Amen sista! And how about those HUGE bonuses that upper management puts in their pockets? I bet those do not decrease.

I used to work at a hospital where we got RAISES each year - not reduced wages. If budgets were tight, no raises but never a decrease in wages by these so-called job title changes in an effort to justify demotions and lower wages.

It is MQ MANAGEMENT Greed!

MQ paycheck is the reality check! - Oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
Whether every MT in the world is or is not looking for another job, this doesn't give MQ the right to find ways to lower our wages under new job titles then pay less for same work. MQ is getting the profit, not the MME/MT/CCM/CTL. I am looking for another job and working at a part-time but one, but guess what -- I DETEST MQ and cannot wait to leave.

Cheaters - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I constantly defended the Q. That was before they started stealing my lines. I've been doing MT waaaaaay too long to know how much I type and approx. what my count should be. And don't think on my way out the door that I won't contact the SEC along with my friend in the Justice Department in DC.
Cheaters - anon - Just me
[ In Reply To ..]
Contact anybody you like; it won't work. We already tried, those of us who had been cheated on our line counts. The transcriptionists' case was mysteriously settled in a very strange way when one of the witnesses recanted his testimony. Go figure.
Cheaters - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I came in right at the tail end of the settlement. You guys got ripped off big time. They must have had some really good attorneys on their side. I do know my friend at the Justice Department has lots of friends in high places and long story short - hubby at sea. Credit card doubles APR. I call. They say something neg. on credit report is reason. I get all 3 reports. Nothing neg. I fax to them. I called countless times. This went on for 5 months. I contacted my atty. friend, Dan, and he made some calls and gave me some numbers, one of them being for the Office of Currency Control. Things were fixed within a week and the bank who issued the credit card ended up with an investigation a few months down the road. Maybe it's time just to get an opinion from him.
Be my guest! I lost $72,000 in 6 years. - Scooby-Doo
[ In Reply To ..]
Ask your attorney and get back to us, please. However, in being a part of the suit, we opted out for any other suits of the same kind in the future. But I could sure use that $72,000 that I lost through MQ's line-count tweaking.

Anger problem? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You've gotta get a grip on your anger issues. All the OP did was post their profits and you jumped all over her case. What did you expect her to do on a MEDQUIST forum, post the profits from United Healthcare, AIG, Proctor & Gamble and every other company out there?

Did you forget to take your nice pill today?

MQ - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I beg to differ with last sentence. It was due to cheating their MTs out of lines.

how much were you making an hour before reductons? - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

$$ - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think I ever figured out my hourly wage but I was pulling in almost $900 a pay.

Went from $23/hour to $10/hour. Scary! nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

TO "sm" -- you must not know about MQ Lawsuit - Cheated MTs out of line counts

[ In Reply To ..]
You're the one that needs a reality check. MQ cheated MTs out of lines and paid the settlement to ADHI. Yet, MQ keeps finding ways to lower our pay.

Similar Messages:

4th Quarter Profits Posted 44% Offshored
Mar 08, 2012

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mmodal-reports-fourth-quarter-results-2012-03-07     ...

MedQuist Provides Significant Transcription Cost Reductions
Jul 21, 2011

MedQuist was able to provide significant transcription cost reductions while providing a solution that fully integrates with Mercy's EHR technology.  Article states this and came out today. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-deepens-role-in-sisters-of-mercys-ehr-deployment-strategy-expanding-cost-saving-clinical-documentation-services-and-technology-2011-07-21?reflink=MW_news_stmp Not only do we give our hard earned money to the board of directors, but also some MQ staff mem ...

WMX Rate Reductions On M-Modal
Mar 21, 2010

Have been seeing mostly negative comments about going to M-modal and rate of pay reductions.  How much of a reduction is it?  Does anyone have any positive input on working at reduced rate on this system? ...

Line Rates And Company Profits
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone struggling since your line rates were cut back to less than what you were hired for?  I am struggling, but with extra hours, getting by, just barely. It makes it really tough though, when you read that the company, which boasts at being the best thanks to "you",  posts a 32.9 Million $ profit for 2011.  Wow, I'm sure the stockholders are pleased, in fact, they are saying that TR is a good investment.  I'm really proud that I have contribut ...

MTSO's Profits Create New School
Sep 15, 2012

The MTSO I work for is starting an MT school. WHY??? Do they need more than 1,000 applicants for each position posted? Nah - just more money coming in by from newbies who don't research the profession before getting into it. ...

Transcend- Big Profits From Taking Away Employee Benefits And
Feb 02, 2012

Ms. McGrogan continued: “Let me speak more specifically to our profitability improvement initiatives. Effective December 31 st, we have shut down our Delhi, India operations center and re-allocated work to our Bangalore center and third party partners to improve quality and reduce cost. We expect this change to result in cost savings of approximately $0.9 million per year. Effective February 1 st, we re-aligned our operations team, which we expect ...

Last Paycheck Of 2009
Dec 24, 2009

Nothing like getting the last paycheck of the year the day before Christmas.  My annual income is LESS than half of last year.  Thanks, Kumar, for the coal in my stocking. ...

2009 Earnings
Feb 16, 2010

Anyone care to share 2009 earnings? Curious as to what MTs make nowadays yearly. ...

HIPPA And The Workforce
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone know how the new HIPPA regulations affect us as employees?  I'm starting to read up on it, but it's confusing.  I understand the work station.  I understand that we are the workforce and I understand that the government is cracking down on electronic medical records.  Does anyone know anything else?  Thanks. ...

WIA/Workforce Funding?
Mar 08, 2013

seems like almost the entire focus anymore is how to get out of MT! Well I was looking at an online class and it said it qualifies for WIA/Workforce funding, and I have never heard of that! Has anyone? I looked on the US Labor website but of course it was not helpful.  This class isn't cheap and funding would sure help.  ...

Workforce Reduction, Yet Still Hiring...
Nov 28, 2013

This has to be related to money...firing those making 9/5, 10/6, 8/4, and hiring at what, 7/3?? If you're a new hire for MM, please share your insights, or better yet, what is your line rate? ...

New KLAS MTSO Report For 2009
Dec 09, 2009

KLAS announced today that the 2009 MTSO report has been published. This report evaluates the changing landscape of medical transcription vendors. ...

TAA Or UE -- THE WORKONE/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICES
Jan 14, 2010

For the typical WorkOne/Workforce Development staffer, being an employee means working 80 hours biweekly and being paid a FIXED hourly rate for those 80 hours.  This is because most people on traditional unemployment (UE), and those receiving TAA, worked 80 hours biweekly and were paid a fixed hourly rate for those 80 hours. That is not how MQ MT pay works.  MTs earn income based on production which is based on work availability or the number of jobs available during 8-hour shift. MTs ...

Inscribe Workforce Turnover Rate
Nov 30, 2011

Is the turnover that bad at Inscribe that their ad has been on the job forum for 2 months, or do they have new accounts coming on soon?  They sent me a request to apply about a month ago, but I've been hesitant with the feedback I've seen when I searched the archives on this site and now with seeing their ad this long.  I really don't want to switch companies but may be forced to because I can't pay the bills with little work coming in and only 3 cents a line f ...

Advance Magazine 2009 Salary Survey
Dec 17, 2009

It contains some very interesting information and is well worth the read. Just for instance, approximately 35% of MT respondents reported earning $35K or above. and 23.8% report $0 to 20K. Home workers across the board reportedly made slightly more than facility workers. Worth noting is wage levels for coders and cancer registrars since our field may well evolve to include both coding and data abstraction duties, as well as the issue of credentialing. (BTW, my company, ...

MQers: Your 99% QA Goal Is Designed To Prune The Workforce. (sm)
May 21, 2011

It is a targeted approach to culling the workforce.  Through attrition, they are cutting their workforce needs.  Only those with the skill set they WANT will survive.  This approach is very effective. They can change the standards/requriements at any given time and then let you go without recourse for not meeting those. CBay is taking more and more work offshore.  The need for US MTs is less and less.  They will eventually have only a literal handful of US MTs left. ...

Any Info On Transtech (Texas), Cant Find Anything Newer Than 2009.
May 26, 2011

Archives are only to 2009, cant find anything newer. Sounded good back then, how are they now? ...

Cannot Link Instant Text Pro V To BeyonText (word 2009)
Aug 10, 2011

I am having problems with Instant Text linking to my word program.  I just started w Transcend and they use Beyond Text as their wp.  I am using the trial version of IT Pro V and cannot get it to link.  The red light will not go off and when i press on the up arrow to link the program nothing happens.  I thought it might be b/c the same command to link is also a command in BT but the arrow wont even work.  Help!  If I cannot even link the program how can I use it! I ...

End Of Quarter...
Sep 20, 2012

Get any nasty e mail about one mistake in the last month. Just wondering. One mistake out of all the reports. Go figure. ...

Quarter
Mar 28, 2013

Can someone tell me when the quarter ends and how the bonus is calculated?  Thanks. ...

When Does This Quarter End? TIA!
Sep 30, 2013

nm ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

So I Already Got A 3-pointer In The New QA Quarter Here.
Apr 07, 2013

No question that it was my fault missing it, in one eye and out the other, though I don't think a minor error in number of rbc's on a UA should be more than 1 point, but whatever. Anyway, I've decided it's like getting a dent on a new car ... hope to get it out of the way quickly so you don't have to keep holding your breath about it.  I hovered at 99.48% for like half of last quarter before that was finally kiboshed, and that drove me even crazier than I already am ...

No Bonus For Me This Quarter
Dec 27, 2013

Survey on how many receive bonus after this quarter.  I was on track with 99.6% accuracy last week on post audits, but in the last 2 days have had 5 reports in post audit that just happened to bring my percentage down to 98.7.  What a coincidence!  Yes, they found 5 reports, but how many did they have to check before they found 5 that would bring it down below 99%. ...

FIESA End Of Quarter
Apr 04, 2014

Can somebody please inform me what is going on with what I'm reading below about the quarter "being extended?"  I have heard absolutely nothing regarding this.  Thanks in advance!  ...

Looking At Payroll/quarter
Apr 04, 2014

...where is all this changing the dates of the quarter coming from? I took the time to logon to Enrich (shocking, I know....had to look up my password) and just downloaded the payroll calendar that is currently on there. At the bottom it clearly states that the dates for 2014 Quarter 1 are Jan 1 to March 31. Am I missing something? I want these dates to still be correct as much as anyone...just wondering where the freakout came from. I'm sure someone will just say I'm naive....fine. ...

Quarter Bonus
Apr 08, 2014

Does anyone know when this quarter bonus will be paid out?  ...

First Quarter Bonus
Apr 30, 2014

When is the first quarter bonus paid? ...

End Of Quarter Incentive
Sep 26, 2014

I really hope I'm not outing myself by sharing this, but apparently my team (I think this goes all the way up to the COM but see my comment below) is offering unlimited PTO from this afternoon until Tuesday.  Basically, for every 8 hours you work over your scheduled shift, you'll get 8 hours of PTO.  It's not a 1:1 ratio, but rather you have to work a minimum of 8 hours to get 8 hours.  If you work 7, you get nothing.  If you work 13 you get 8.  If you wor ...