A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FIESA end of quarter - sickened

Posted: Apr 04, 2014

Can somebody please inform me what is going on with what I'm reading below about the quarter "being extended?"  I have heard absolutely nothing regarding this.  Thanks in advance! 

They changed it until the end of the pay period - from 01/04-04/04/2014

[ In Reply To ..]
Conveniently not telling us until some of us breathed a sigh of relief on 04/01/2014. You should have gotten an email.

The cynical side of me is wondering whether the QA team have been authorized to get busy snatching those bonuses, people!

Do they get compensated per bonus snatched, I wonder? Or is it more of a target - if you take so many points off MTs you are meeting quota? That seems more in line with policy, trust Nuance not to even reward QA for doing their dirty work for them. Nasty.

Quarter change - sickened

[ In Reply To ..]
I absolutely received no email about this ever! I am wondering if this is something different for another platform? I am on Enterprise. Nothing this company does shocks me.

Mine was included in one of those updates - you probably never read

[ In Reply To ..]
So if you haven't deleted them yet, go back through and read. We can still challenge the ones up until 04/04.

QA is pitted against the MLS - Foolfighter

[ In Reply To ..]
QA is rewarded for taking incentive and the quarterly bonus away. They are under the gun constantly to hunt, search and take back any incentive an MLS could potentially make. What bothers me is that Nuance has created a VR that is not 100% accurate yet we are held to 100% accuracy. Nuance put your effort into improving your VR and NOT taking money from those trying to sift through this garbage. Hold the dictators accountable too. They play a role in this as well.

Is it true they get rewarded for taking our - incentives?

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that the stated intent, I mean, or just the consequence of the quotas or whatever?

I don't see how QA people don't have an issue with "getting" us like that. I would never be able to do a job that meant taking money off a co-worker.

So in actual fact most of the QA now are probably making more than we are now despite MT being the work that they bill for, not QA.

I do not read anything about incentives - Nonchalant is an understatement

[ In Reply To ..]
because I do not believe anything concerning incentives or anything else. I do my job, sign off and look for a job.

How does this even work? - Confused

[ In Reply To ..]
Would somebody explain to me how this AHR for PTO works ? I started at $10/hr. Now I'm done to approx $8. My line count is up and I am averaging 99.7% accuracy. What's the deal ? Not that I will ever take the PTO, so who cares, but still I don't even get how it works?

no change, always goes by closest pay periods - NM - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

No, it usually goes by the calendar months. nm - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yeah, they must have decided too many - people had a chance

[ In Reply To ..]
I knew I should have taken today off, they just got me. Lovely. Another 3 months minimum wage.

Serious job hunting time I think. No job should make your blood pressure rise as much as this.
Bonus and FIESA - sammie
[ In Reply To ..]
This makes me sick. No bonus for 3 months (made it last time and the quarterly bonus, so I suspect they wanted to make sure I didn't get too rich) They want you to buy new computers and get rid of our XPs and take our bonus to boot! I am sorry I even bought a new one. I think they should let the employees all get bonus for the next 3 months so we can pay for the computers! THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN?

At least, that's what I was told in October when - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
I would have qualified for the bonus had they gone by pay periods. I argued that point but couldn't find the e-mails.

I don't think that's the case in the past - just going forward

[ In Reply To ..]
I think previously they did it by quarter, not pay period.

No, they've been doing it to correlate with pay dates - SM - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
I still have the last 2 e-mails that HR sent us with quarterly bonus information, and I've cut and pasted the relevant portions below:

Sent 7/16/13:

Dear Colleagues, When the lines are uploaded into Webclock on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 your Q3 QA scores will be visible. This score will be used starting on time card week- ending 7/12/13 and will be visible and in effect until timecard week ending 10/4/2013. This is the score that will be used to determine if you qualified for the Q3 quarterly QA bonus. This is also the score that will be used for the weekly production incentive up until week ending 10/4/2013.

Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 6:07 PM:

Dear Colleagues, When the lines are uploaded into Webclock on Monday, October 14, 2013 your Q4 QA score will be visible. This score will be used starting on timecard week-ending 10/11/2013 and will be visible and in effect until timecard week-ending 1/4/2014. This is the score that will be used to determine if you qualified for the Q4 quarterly QA bonus. This is also the score that will be used for the weekly production incentive up until week-ending 1/4/2014.

It would make no sense to go strictly by the calendar dates since we are paid on a biweekly basis and not on a semimonthly basis, and things just wouldn't match up. In addition to the e-mails that we have all been sent, the pay plan chart in the webinar clearly shows that pay periods are used and not strict quarterly dates. On the other hand....as someone else has already pointed out, someone in Payroll without a clue has erroneously shown the QA quarters as being strict calendar quarters on the Enrich site. Sigh...
Would you send me a copy of those e-mails. I - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
argued this very point back in October but couldn't find the e-mails. TIA!

Similar Messages:

DOES NEW QUARTER FOR FIESA START 01/01/2014?
Jan 01, 2014

Can't find this info anywhere ...

End Of Quarter...
Sep 20, 2012

Get any nasty e mail about one mistake in the last month. Just wondering. One mistake out of all the reports. Go figure. ...

Quarter
Mar 28, 2013

Can someone tell me when the quarter ends and how the bonus is calculated?  Thanks. ...

When Does This Quarter End? TIA!
Sep 30, 2013

nm ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

So I Already Got A 3-pointer In The New QA Quarter Here.
Apr 07, 2013

No question that it was my fault missing it, in one eye and out the other, though I don't think a minor error in number of rbc's on a UA should be more than 1 point, but whatever. Anyway, I've decided it's like getting a dent on a new car ... hope to get it out of the way quickly so you don't have to keep holding your breath about it.  I hovered at 99.48% for like half of last quarter before that was finally kiboshed, and that drove me even crazier than I already am ...

No Bonus For Me This Quarter
Dec 27, 2013

Survey on how many receive bonus after this quarter.  I was on track with 99.6% accuracy last week on post audits, but in the last 2 days have had 5 reports in post audit that just happened to bring my percentage down to 98.7.  What a coincidence!  Yes, they found 5 reports, but how many did they have to check before they found 5 that would bring it down below 99%. ...

Looking At Payroll/quarter
Apr 04, 2014

...where is all this changing the dates of the quarter coming from? I took the time to logon to Enrich (shocking, I know....had to look up my password) and just downloaded the payroll calendar that is currently on there. At the bottom it clearly states that the dates for 2014 Quarter 1 are Jan 1 to March 31. Am I missing something? I want these dates to still be correct as much as anyone...just wondering where the freakout came from. I'm sure someone will just say I'm naive....fine. ...

Quarter Bonus
Apr 08, 2014

Does anyone know when this quarter bonus will be paid out?  ...

First Quarter Bonus
Apr 30, 2014

When is the first quarter bonus paid? ...

End Of Quarter Incentive
Sep 26, 2014

I really hope I'm not outing myself by sharing this, but apparently my team (I think this goes all the way up to the COM but see my comment below) is offering unlimited PTO from this afternoon until Tuesday.  Basically, for every 8 hours you work over your scheduled shift, you'll get 8 hours of PTO.  It's not a 1:1 ratio, but rather you have to work a minimum of 8 hours to get 8 hours.  If you work 7, you get nothing.  If you work 13 you get 8.  If you wor ...

How To Type One Quarter Centimeter
Jan 19, 2010

Would I type the above 1/4 cm or .025 cm? Thanks! ...

I Actually Qualified For First Quarter Bonus At 100%
May 22, 2013

Unbelievable! I actually qualified for first quarter bonus at 100%. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe that anybody ever qualified for it. I am in total shock. Unbelievable but happy. It is possible. I didn't think it was.  Did anybody else get it this week? I thought I had read here about a month ago that some people had gotten their bonus, so I thought I had missed the boat.  ...

Quarterly Bonus 2nd Quarter
Jul 30, 2014

To anyone who is getting the quarterly bonus which is supposedly paid out on 7/31, has it shown up on ADT yet?  ...

The Exact Dates Of This Quarter?
Oct 01, 2014

Don't know why they can't just start at the beginning of a month rather than jack around with payperiods, etc.  Or are we back to beginning with the month?  ...

How Would I Type A Quarter Of A Centimeter In Centimeters? Nm
Dec 22, 2009

s ...

4th Quarter Profits Posted 44% Offshored
Mar 08, 2012

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mmodal-reports-fourth-quarter-results-2012-03-07     ...

Nuances Loses $25.8M Last Quarter--see Link
May 01, 2013

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100690643 ...

End Of Quarter Bonus Time Approaching....
Jun 20, 2014

It's almost the end of the quarter and just for the heck of it, I checked my post-audit Fiesa score today - I am well over 99% accuracy right now.  With about 10 days left in the quarter, what do you think the chances are that they will find enough reports to bring that percentage down below 99%......I would be curious to know how many of us right now have over 99% and how many will have it at the end of the quarter...... ...

MQ 1st Quarter Fin Report Details Disposal Plan For US MTs
Aug 21, 2010

Exit and "disposal" plan exposed in the report which also states "targeted" employees don't know about it. Do they think we can't read their stuff on the web??? It will occur over the rest of 2010. In other words, we are so low they consider us garbage to be disposed of. Unbelieveable as a lot of us left have worked for this company over a decade. Where's our gold watch, for cryin out loud??? ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Nearing The Quarter's End = More Post-audit Reviews!
Mar 17, 2014

I really hate to add to the conspiracy theories (as I generally just don't believe them), but I can't help but add to this one! I can definitely tell that the quarter is almost up because I've started receiving more and more post-audit reviews, and of course they are just enough to knock my out of the running for bonus, despite having a near 100% score of QC1 and post-audits earlier in the month.  Any post-audit QA's out there want to comment on this?  It's a ...

To Clear Up The Quarter Start And End Dates The Way It Was Shown To Me.
Apr 14, 2014

The payroll calendar (that is shown in Enrich) shows the week start and end dates. The quarter in which a given week falls is highlighted by a different color for each quarter. However, if you drop down a page below the actual payroll calendar, it shows the calendar quarter start and end dates that they go by for calculating production and/or QA bonus. So, while it looks like they may extend a quarter to coincide with a week ending, they don't when it comes to calculating the QA score f ...

MedQuist Reports Third Quarter 2009 PROFITS --Brags About Workforce Reductions
Nov 10, 2009

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!! http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-reports-third-quarter-2009-results-69596867.html From article: Net income for the third quarter of 2009 was $9.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share compared to a loss of $5.8 million and $0.15 per diluted share in the prior comparable period year. This improvement was the result of multiple programs designed to increase productivity, and decrease cost of revenues. Research and development costs decr ...

Quarter-inch Or 1/4-inch Plain Packing Gauze..sm
Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!! ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...