A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WIA/Workforce funding? - MTFallenStar

Posted: Mar 08, 2013

seems like almost the entire focus anymore is how to get out of MT! Well I was looking at an online class and it said it qualifies for WIA/Workforce funding, and I have never heard of that! Has anyone? I looked on the US Labor website but of course it was not helpful.  This class isn't cheap and funding would sure help. 

link - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

wish they'd write this in a way I could understand it - MTFallenStar

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a phone call in. I'm hoping someone at the Workforce office can tell me if I'm eligible. Thanks.

WIA - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I went to school under WIA...but I imagine that it varies by state. Anyway, where I live, the workforce center has a list that gives them the US Dept of Labor's expected growth for certain areas of schooling and only those listed on there are the ones they will pay benefits for. You can be on the program for a two-year degree, but if you have a degree already, that can put a knife into it. They want to use the program to educate people that don't have education...so less likely to get it if you already have training in a field and unfortunately MT is still on their expected growth chart so you won't be able to use that as your excuse to need "additional" schooling if you already indeed have your degree. Also, you are only eligible if you qualify under their income guidelines. Where I live, they don't want you to be working either. THey want you to be a full-time focused student.
thanks for the information - very helpful
[ In Reply To ..]
I knew I could count on my buds!

Similar Messages:

Funding
Jul 25, 2011

Has anybody ever received any funding from their state through the unemployment office to pay for the medical transcription class?  I live in Michigan and will find out more on Wednesday but I'm so anxious to find out. The person at the desk says they usually only pay for an online medical billing/coding class through a local college. I was just wondering if anybody had succeeded in this & wondering what to say to convince them to go with the online school instead of the communit ...

Funding Help
Mar 06, 2015

I've been an MT for 26 years and want to take the Andrews coding course, but I literally have no money. Last year my roof caved in and I found out my cat had mouth cancer on the same day my roof caved in (he died 2 months after diagnosis). So I have a lot of debt paying off the roof and vet bills. I'm on food stamps. I know if I complete the course I'll be making more money and relieve my financial burden, but how do I pay for it when I have nothing? Does anybody have any suggesti ...

HIPPA And The Workforce
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone know how the new HIPPA regulations affect us as employees?  I'm starting to read up on it, but it's confusing.  I understand the work station.  I understand that we are the workforce and I understand that the government is cracking down on electronic medical records.  Does anyone know anything else?  Thanks. ...

Workforce Reduction, Yet Still Hiring...
Nov 28, 2013

This has to be related to money...firing those making 9/5, 10/6, 8/4, and hiring at what, 7/3?? If you're a new hire for MM, please share your insights, or better yet, what is your line rate? ...

TAA Or UE -- THE WORKONE/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICES
Jan 14, 2010

For the typical WorkOne/Workforce Development staffer, being an employee means working 80 hours biweekly and being paid a FIXED hourly rate for those 80 hours.  This is because most people on traditional unemployment (UE), and those receiving TAA, worked 80 hours biweekly and were paid a fixed hourly rate for those 80 hours. That is not how MQ MT pay works.  MTs earn income based on production which is based on work availability or the number of jobs available during 8-hour shift. MTs ...

Inscribe Workforce Turnover Rate
Nov 30, 2011

Is the turnover that bad at Inscribe that their ad has been on the job forum for 2 months, or do they have new accounts coming on soon?  They sent me a request to apply about a month ago, but I've been hesitant with the feedback I've seen when I searched the archives on this site and now with seeing their ad this long.  I really don't want to switch companies but may be forced to because I can't pay the bills with little work coming in and only 3 cents a line f ...

MQers: Your 99% QA Goal Is Designed To Prune The Workforce. (sm)
May 21, 2011

It is a targeted approach to culling the workforce.  Through attrition, they are cutting their workforce needs.  Only those with the skill set they WANT will survive.  This approach is very effective. They can change the standards/requriements at any given time and then let you go without recourse for not meeting those. CBay is taking more and more work offshore.  The need for US MTs is less and less.  They will eventually have only a literal handful of US MTs left. ...

MedQuist Reports Third Quarter 2009 PROFITS --Brags About Workforce Reductions
Nov 10, 2009

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!! http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-reports-third-quarter-2009-results-69596867.html From article: Net income for the third quarter of 2009 was $9.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share compared to a loss of $5.8 million and $0.15 per diluted share in the prior comparable period year. This improvement was the result of multiple programs designed to increase productivity, and decrease cost of revenues. Research and development costs decr ...