A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTSO's profits create new school - Annie

Posted: Sep 15, 2012

The MTSO I work for is starting an MT school. WHY??? Do they need more than 1,000 applicants for each position posted? Nah - just more money coming in by from newbies who don't research the profession before getting into it.

Which company? I heard that KS bought a school last year but not sure on details. - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it is better than what's already out there. There are still jobs for MTs, but the schools don't train very well for real jobs.

Exactly.... not enough trained candidates - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It costs a significant amount of money to train and mentor MTs, and there are not enough qualified workers.

I agree. Experienced doesn't necessarily mean qualified. - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yes, Experienced Doesn't Mean Trained - Interesting Story
[ In Reply To ..]
Way back when I started MT after having good school training, I worked for a very small transcription agency in-house. We had someone come in to temporarily help out with a big Cardiology account we had. She had 6 years cardiology experience. I only had my good school training and 3 months on the job, and I was editing her work, which needed a lot of terminology correction.

So, here I was, basically just fresh out of school and I'm fixing someone's work who had 6 years of "experience."

Similar Messages:

Line Rates And Company Profits
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone struggling since your line rates were cut back to less than what you were hired for?  I am struggling, but with extra hours, getting by, just barely. It makes it really tough though, when you read that the company, which boasts at being the best thanks to "you",  posts a 32.9 Million $ profit for 2011.  Wow, I'm sure the stockholders are pleased, in fact, they are saying that TR is a good investment.  I'm really proud that I have contribut ...

4th Quarter Profits Posted 44% Offshored
Mar 08, 2012

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mmodal-reports-fourth-quarter-results-2012-03-07     ...

Transcend- Big Profits From Taking Away Employee Benefits And
Feb 02, 2012

Ms. McGrogan continued: “Let me speak more specifically to our profitability improvement initiatives. Effective December 31 st, we have shut down our Delhi, India operations center and re-allocated work to our Bangalore center and third party partners to improve quality and reduce cost. We expect this change to result in cost savings of approximately $0.9 million per year. Effective February 1 st, we re-aligned our operations team, which we expect ...

MedQuist Reports Third Quarter 2009 PROFITS --Brags About Workforce Reductions
Nov 10, 2009

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!! http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-reports-third-quarter-2009-results-69596867.html From article: Net income for the third quarter of 2009 was $9.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share compared to a loss of $5.8 million and $0.15 per diluted share in the prior comparable period year. This improvement was the result of multiple programs designed to increase productivity, and decrease cost of revenues. Research and development costs decr ...

Can Someone Please Explain To Me How To Create
Aug 14, 2010

I have looked for step-by-step instructions online and cannot find them... any help would be appreciated. If I want ALT G to delete word left, how would I do that? I see the "record" button when I go to "add new item to dictionary" screen, but I can't figure out how to get ALT G in there. Thank you! ...

RadNet - Can You Create A Table?
Jul 20, 2010

Are there any RadNet users that know how to create a table in RadNet?  Is it possible?  I know how to create templates, but am stumped.  I know tabbing is not an option; but, occasionally one of my physicians would like me to create a table and have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks!  ...

How Do I Create A Jump Code?
Sep 30, 2010

My "jump code" macro has disappeared.  I need a macro to move around in my document from {} to {}.  Does anybody know how to create a macro that will help me please? Thank you so much! ...

If I Was Going To Create A Position For Mmodal
Jun 23, 2014

It would be a person to go into this blasted repository and make sure everything was right. And then work with the hospitals to make a standard format so that every report looked the same, you know orders of headings, names of headings kind of thing. So tired of seeing different ways of doing things by different people, based on God knows what. ...

Is There A Way To A Create A Signature In The E-mail
Sep 25, 2014

I seem to be unable to find a way to create a signature in the e-mail program.  I have tried creating one in shorthand but when it uploads it is missing spaces, etc.  Thansk for any help. ...

Would Someone With Writing Skills Please Create A -sm
Mar 04, 2015

descriptive narrative for the MTs who have or will be leaving this company, to go along with the ones we recieve when the VP and such leave.  I mean really..we need to be ackowledged for our committment, dedication, accomplishments, etc.  Sarcasim is encouraged! ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

Way To Create A Shorhand Shortcut To Auto Cap The First Letter
Jul 25, 2011

Is there a way to create a shorthand shortcut to auto cap the first letter after a period space space when working accounts that are not Word based? TIA ...

Switched To Word 2010 And Now I Need To Create Macro
Nov 30, 2011

I just switched to Word 2010 and now I need to create Macros.  I'm lost.  Is there anyone who can help?  So far all the instructions people have given are for Word 2007 and it's just gotten me more confused. ...

Express Scribe - I CANNOT Figure Out How To Create A Playback Time
Aug 06, 2012

I downloaded the free trial of ES on my computer which runs Windows 7. For some reason I CANNOT figure out how to create a playback time, the time when I lift my foot off the play pad and put it back on, and still hear some of what I JUST heard. You know what I mean. I have tried changing the numbers of what I think are the correct "playback controls," but to no avail. Will someone help me, please? TIA! ...

Medtrans MT School? Anyone Heard Of This? Looking To Start MT School That Is Affordable.
Dec 21, 2011

:) ...

Has Anyone Ever Gone Through Allied School For Coding? Other School Recommendations?
Jun 24, 2014

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone through Allied School in California for billing & coding.  If so, how was your experience?  Were you able to find work in coding after finishing the course and getting your certification?  I have been a medical transcriptionist for the past 10-11 years and am now looking at getting into coding.  My best friend and I are going to take a course together.   If you wouldn't recommend Allied as a school, who would you reco ...

Coding School - Considering Going To A School
Sep 22, 2011

I am an MT who is considering going to school for coding.  I am thinking about taking the course through Andrews and will probably start next year because I will have to save up some of the money.  I am wondering if you think coding may eventually go the way of medical transcription and be outsourced to India.  I do not think it will so I just wanted to get the opinions of other coders.  I realize it will be a hard course but I think it will be worth the effort.  Any thoughts would be appre ...

My New MTSO
Oct 04, 2010

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post this on. I have a few questions pertaining to my new MTSO business. Any input or advice would be helpful. First of all, I need help with pricing. I charge my clients .12 per 65 character line. I believe that is the going rate for my area. I am wondering what to pay my transcriptionists and editors. I originally thought to pay my transcriptionists .08 per 65 character line and my editors .04 per 65 character line but then I wouldn't be making any pr ...

MTSO?
Oct 24, 2010

Hello Everyone, I have just recently found this board and I have a couple of questions.  I don't know where else to post it, so I hope I've put this on the right forum. What does MTSO mean? Why is there a Medquist specific forum on this board?  Is this site operated by Medquist? Just curious. ...

Does Your MTSO Tell You This And Do You Believe Them?
Mar 31, 2011

"You are a valued team member and we want you to be as successful as possible." ...

MTSO
Jul 19, 2011

If I owned a MTSO company, and if I were monitoring this board in order to glean comments made about my company, and if I were unhappy with what I read, I would do the following:  I would send a company-wide e-mail to my people asking for their input on what I could do to make things better for them and correct the problems aired on this board.   I would realize that there are companies that would make life difficult for MTs who dare to complain about an injustice and that they ne ...

New MTSO
Apr 24, 2013

Simply put...I need help.  I am a single mother.  I am a CMT and been in this lousy business over 20 years.  I have been job hunting out of this business almost a year now with no bites.  I had a dream job but was bought out by M Modal.  I went from abundant work to none on a daily basis.  I am truly struggling.  I know people who work for great companies keep it to themselves, for the fear of over hiring and no work.  I am truly asking for help in seeking ...

Been Qa At Many MTSO. Have Never Had Anyone Tell Me
May 14, 2013

tied to qa, N qa wouldnt have to be told how to edit either. ...

QT MTSO
Mar 23, 2014

Just wanted everyone to know that that owned QT might be around again, so please stay clear of this company. There are bad news and have a pretty awful history of burning accounts and MTs. Not the most ideal company or couple for that matter. LOL ...

MTSO Rates
Nov 23, 2009

Do you think the MTSOs cut their rates to their clients who are now using VR just as they have cut their MTs rates?  Seems that some MTSOs are scrambling for some reason to cut everyone's pay down (even their MT pay, not just ME pay).  I wonder if they are in over their heads with this new venture into VR and losing their arses and realizing it isn't quite the godsend everyone is making it out to be.  One can hope, and would serve them right! As far as MTSO rates are co ...

Nonpayment By An MTSO
Jan 03, 2010

How does one go about collecting money from a small MTSO who still owes me $1,049 for transcription I had done for them?  I quit working for them in May 2009 when I hadn't received payment.  I sent them several e-mails and they did pay me some of the money owed me.  Originally they owed me $2,049; paid me with one check for $500, then two more checks for $200 each, which were sent to me every few months in between.  They kept telling me they would pay me off the com ...

How Much Do You Think The MTSO Makes
Mar 20, 2010

If they are paying 8 CPL how much are they getting paid per line? Any general ideas? ...

10 Suggestions For All MTSO's:
Mar 24, 2010

To all MTSO's:1. Show us the money. You make tons of it. We know it. You know it. Try paying us more of it, and cheating us out of less of it.2. Simplify your transcription platforms. Every time you "improve" them, for some STRANGE reason, it gets harder and harder to do a day's work on them. Some software salesman has sure taken advantage of whoever in your company buys transcription software. Please. Develop some sales resistance.3. Let MTs working on a primary account STAY on that a ...

Caring MTSO
Apr 15, 2010

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I'm curious to know if there are any MTSOs out there who you guys feel really and truly care about their MTs and not just the bottom line? I understand that business is business but it seems to me that if you have happy MTs then you have productive MTs, willing to accommodate and go above and beyond for the company, which in turn makes the retention rate of quality MTs high because they are happy.  They get to know the ...

MT Week And MTSO's
May 19, 2010

The little "trinkets" some of you have received is extremely comical and a so-called slap in the face to some, but some may view it as an actual good gesture, although I do not agree. When I worked at neurology they used to always acknowledge MT week with flowers or a $25 gift card to our local mall, but when they got a new office manager he combined Secretary's Week and MT Week into one. My coworker and I got acknowledged one year on Secretary's Week - now that is a slap in the face ...