A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Quarter bonus - anon

Posted: Apr 08, 2014

Does anyone know when this quarter bonus will be paid out? 

quarterly bonus - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
April 30

quarterly bonus - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your response! Figured I would get a few negatives on that one! There are those of us out there that do get the quarterly bonus. I am very thankful for that!

How do you do it? - Laura

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been in transcription for over 30 years - have always been the one that my supervisor turned to when she/he needed something done right/done over. Always got the quantity bonus because I could produce as much as required, at least to the first or second levels. On two occasions, I got a letter from the hospital itself commending me on my transcription quality.
With Nuance, I haven't gotten the bonus for the last 3 quarters - always just enough little stuff on 3-4 reports quickly shoved into the end of the quarter to bring my percentage down below 99%.
My question is: How many reports do you have go through post audit? Are they spread out over the quarter or are they all done in the last 3 days of the quarter like mine? Do you have things taken off for obvious typos (not spelling errors or word errors) that anyone with half a brain would realize is a typo that the spellcheck didn't catch? Do you have taken off for making one sentence into two because the dictator talked on and on and on in the same sentence for the first half of the page? Do you do clinic or acute care - how many work types do you have? How many accounts do you have? I could go on and on, but I am seriously curious what you do that you are getting the bonus?
how do you do it? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have 1 account and before anyone blasts that it is a very hard account, lots of ESLs. It stays very busy so that is why I have just the 1 account. I have numerous reports a week go through post audits, not just at the end of the quarter. I do acute care and I do all work types. What helped me most was not letting Fiesa get to me that much. I just really focus and try to do my best. That may sound cheesy but it is true. I HAVE to make the bonus so I make myself do it. When my hospital was acquired, I took a big pay cut and with 3 kids I had to keep my pay close to what I was making. I really think it has a lot to do with attitude. When I first started here a few years back my attitude was horrible and my Fiesa was absolutely horrible, to the point I was getting e-mails about my quality. Hang in there. It is possible. I think because there is so much negativity on this board, no one really posts the good stuff. I am just very thankful to have a job and to be able to stay home with my kids. Good luck!
Most of my points taken off are for little things - Frustrated
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't get major or critical errors - mine are the little ones that would be open to interpretation - such that there is no point in trying to argue them. Or they are little typos that anyone reading the report would know is a typo - does not have any impact on the report at all. Example: Leaving out left in the postoperative diagnosis - it was in the preoperative, but I didn't catch that ISR had not put it in in the postoperative diagnosis. Error? Yes, I can't argue that it is. Sadly, those kinds of "errors" allow Nuance to keep from paying me thousands of dollars a year in bonus because I could be making that much in quantity incentive.
How do you manage to have only 1 account? - That is half the battle IMHO
[ In Reply To ..]
No matter how hard the dictators are, they become "your" dictators and you get to know their peculiarities, as well as knowing the specs, which is very important.

I have recently have had 2 extra accounts forced on me so when I get on a roll with my primary a stupid stat job from the unfamiliar and spec-heavy account comes up, completely throwing me off.

You must have a very good and understanding TSM? I think having only one account is a real advantage.
I'm with you, I give up trying to get any bonus - need a new job instead
[ In Reply To ..]
I also have received awards and a nice fat paycheck pre-Nuance because of high production. Those days are gone for me because I always miss out at the last minute on the bonus and I am sick to death of being heartbroken and just plain broke.

I am trying to get a better job. I figure they won't pay more probably, but even if I make the same crappy sans bonus salary somewhere else, I will know there is not some nasty QA getting their kicks out of taking my bonus off me yet again. It is a real racket, the fact they have 3 months to get you, too, and so sad that you get your hopes up only for them to be dashed on the last day, which has happened to me twice. So I resolve not to care anymore.

Someone posted on here just to try to get your hourly lph up and never expect the bonus, so I am trying to do that. No matter how hard I try to catch all the errors the stupid ISR makes, I always get dinged by not picking up something that has been incorrectly spit out by the ISR - not glaringly obvious, and as you are listening and reading it looks and sounds right and, call me human, it usually happens when I am just exhausted, have been sick, etc. When I have the slightest doubt I close my eyes and listen, but sometimes you just don't even realize there is anything wrong until you get the nastygram in your in box.

Proofing too much and checking again and again has not yielded any better results for me than just trying to focus first time around and rechecking only the age, labs, meds, anything with numbers, so that is what I am doing now and already I think I have gotten out of contention for the bonus with minor things, but hey, yay, at least I don't have to worry now!

I do wonder at times about the subjectivity of the QA - I wonder how many MTs they are required to knock out of bonus contention to earn their hourly pay? Or is it some other incentive? I wonder if some are much more lenient than others.

So you got me, Nuance, I give up, but I will gladly take any job over your nasty environment, and I will as soon as I can find one.

quarterly bonus - Polllyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
That's something I've never had to be concerned about... I can only imagine only a very selected few MTs ever receive this.

When pigs fly ? LOL Sorry couldn't resist - Bonus, what bonus?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

No Bonus For Me This Quarter
Dec 27, 2013

Survey on how many receive bonus after this quarter.  I was on track with 99.6% accuracy last week on post audits, but in the last 2 days have had 5 reports in post audit that just happened to bring my percentage down to 98.7.  What a coincidence!  Yes, they found 5 reports, but how many did they have to check before they found 5 that would bring it down below 99%. ...

First Quarter Bonus
Apr 30, 2014

When is the first quarter bonus paid? ...

I Actually Qualified For First Quarter Bonus At 100%
May 22, 2013

Unbelievable! I actually qualified for first quarter bonus at 100%. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe that anybody ever qualified for it. I am in total shock. Unbelievable but happy. It is possible. I didn't think it was.  Did anybody else get it this week? I thought I had read here about a month ago that some people had gotten their bonus, so I thought I had missed the boat.  ...

Quarterly Bonus 2nd Quarter
Jul 30, 2014

To anyone who is getting the quarterly bonus which is supposedly paid out on 7/31, has it shown up on ADT yet?  ...

End Of Quarter Bonus Time Approaching....
Jun 20, 2014

It's almost the end of the quarter and just for the heck of it, I checked my post-audit Fiesa score today - I am well over 99% accuracy right now.  With about 10 days left in the quarter, what do you think the chances are that they will find enough reports to bring that percentage down below 99%......I would be curious to know how many of us right now have over 99% and how many will have it at the end of the quarter...... ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

End Of Quarter...
Sep 20, 2012

Get any nasty e mail about one mistake in the last month. Just wondering. One mistake out of all the reports. Go figure. ...

Quarter
Mar 28, 2013

Can someone tell me when the quarter ends and how the bonus is calculated?  Thanks. ...

When Does This Quarter End? TIA!
Sep 30, 2013

nm ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

So I Already Got A 3-pointer In The New QA Quarter Here.
Apr 07, 2013

No question that it was my fault missing it, in one eye and out the other, though I don't think a minor error in number of rbc's on a UA should be more than 1 point, but whatever. Anyway, I've decided it's like getting a dent on a new car ... hope to get it out of the way quickly so you don't have to keep holding your breath about it.  I hovered at 99.48% for like half of last quarter before that was finally kiboshed, and that drove me even crazier than I already am ...

FIESA End Of Quarter
Apr 04, 2014

Can somebody please inform me what is going on with what I'm reading below about the quarter "being extended?"  I have heard absolutely nothing regarding this.  Thanks in advance!  ...

Looking At Payroll/quarter
Apr 04, 2014

...where is all this changing the dates of the quarter coming from? I took the time to logon to Enrich (shocking, I know....had to look up my password) and just downloaded the payroll calendar that is currently on there. At the bottom it clearly states that the dates for 2014 Quarter 1 are Jan 1 to March 31. Am I missing something? I want these dates to still be correct as much as anyone...just wondering where the freakout came from. I'm sure someone will just say I'm naive....fine. ...

End Of Quarter Incentive
Sep 26, 2014

I really hope I'm not outing myself by sharing this, but apparently my team (I think this goes all the way up to the COM but see my comment below) is offering unlimited PTO from this afternoon until Tuesday.  Basically, for every 8 hours you work over your scheduled shift, you'll get 8 hours of PTO.  It's not a 1:1 ratio, but rather you have to work a minimum of 8 hours to get 8 hours.  If you work 7, you get nothing.  If you work 13 you get 8.  If you wor ...

How To Type One Quarter Centimeter
Jan 19, 2010

Would I type the above 1/4 cm or .025 cm? Thanks! ...

The Exact Dates Of This Quarter?
Oct 01, 2014

Don't know why they can't just start at the beginning of a month rather than jack around with payperiods, etc.  Or are we back to beginning with the month?  ...

How Would I Type A Quarter Of A Centimeter In Centimeters? Nm
Dec 22, 2009

s ...

4th Quarter Profits Posted 44% Offshored
Mar 08, 2012

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mmodal-reports-fourth-quarter-results-2012-03-07     ...

Nuances Loses $25.8M Last Quarter--see Link
May 01, 2013

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100690643 ...

DOES NEW QUARTER FOR FIESA START 01/01/2014?
Jan 01, 2014

Can't find this info anywhere ...

MQ 1st Quarter Fin Report Details Disposal Plan For US MTs
Aug 21, 2010

Exit and "disposal" plan exposed in the report which also states "targeted" employees don't know about it. Do they think we can't read their stuff on the web??? It will occur over the rest of 2010. In other words, we are so low they consider us garbage to be disposed of. Unbelieveable as a lot of us left have worked for this company over a decade. Where's our gold watch, for cryin out loud??? ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Nearing The Quarter's End = More Post-audit Reviews!
Mar 17, 2014

I really hate to add to the conspiracy theories (as I generally just don't believe them), but I can't help but add to this one! I can definitely tell that the quarter is almost up because I've started receiving more and more post-audit reviews, and of course they are just enough to knock my out of the running for bonus, despite having a near 100% score of QC1 and post-audits earlier in the month.  Any post-audit QA's out there want to comment on this?  It's a ...

To Clear Up The Quarter Start And End Dates The Way It Was Shown To Me.
Apr 14, 2014

The payroll calendar (that is shown in Enrich) shows the week start and end dates. The quarter in which a given week falls is highlighted by a different color for each quarter. However, if you drop down a page below the actual payroll calendar, it shows the calendar quarter start and end dates that they go by for calculating production and/or QA bonus. So, while it looks like they may extend a quarter to coincide with a week ending, they don't when it comes to calculating the QA score f ...

MedQuist Reports Third Quarter 2009 PROFITS --Brags About Workforce Reductions
Nov 10, 2009

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!! http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-reports-third-quarter-2009-results-69596867.html From article: Net income for the third quarter of 2009 was $9.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share compared to a loss of $5.8 million and $0.15 per diluted share in the prior comparable period year. This improvement was the result of multiple programs designed to increase productivity, and decrease cost of revenues. Research and development costs decr ...

Quarter-inch Or 1/4-inch Plain Packing Gauze..sm
Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!! ...

DSG Bonus- No Thanks
Dec 22, 2011

again with the Walmart card.  Some people hate Walmart and won't shop there.  Don't they know this?  Oh well, at least I can give it away to a homeless or battered women's shelter and put it to good use. ...

Does Anyone Ever Get A Bonus? Sm
May 17, 2012

I wonder how many people actually receive one and if so how much.  Also, has anyone heard whether they are going to make the QA score a pay period score instead of a quarterly score? ...

So, Who Got The QA Bonus?
Jan 15, 2014

So, who got 99.5+% accuracy and got the Q1 QA bonus? Anyone? ...

Bonus Pay
Apr 01, 2014

Can anyone tell me what type of bonus pay on top of line count and how it is calculated? ...