A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just received email from MQ about lobbying our future jobs as MT's. - Honestly do not know what to think.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009

I do not know if we are seriously going to have jobs as MT's in a few years. 

No, it means what I've been saying all along - Viking Fan

[ In Reply To ..]
If this health care bill passes, there's a good chance we will have to train for another career. I'm sure MTs will still be needed but not nearly as many. I've been harping on this for months now.

Why? - Scooby-Doo

[ In Reply To ..]
How will the healthcare bill take away our jobs? If the government takes them away, wouldn't they be responsible for training us for new careers? Isn't that what the Trade Act was already established? Sorry, I just don't understand it all.

Point and Click template is now the standard - for all Kaiser Hospitals in Calif

[ In Reply To ..]
and as I understand it, Kaiser does not utilize transcription at all. All Kaiser docs are forced to sit at stations and fill in templates. If a huge hospital system is adopting this..it will be no time before others fall in line. The lure of saving millions on pesky typists (MTs) will be too lucractive to avoid.

The last inhouse job I had - they would have only saved

[ In Reply To ..]
23,000.00 per year; so that's chump change.

There are still job ads requiring C-phones. What am I missing here?

So, Kaiser Admin thinks Kaiser docs are worth - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]

minimum wage?

Seriously, from all you who say this is what you make, and those of you who make 50K a year, we should be extremely flattered to be replaced by individuals who spent 10+ yrs in higher education and $100,000+ learning the trade.

Real savings, no doubt.

Point and Click - stumped

[ In Reply To ..]
My doctor's office uses this program plus the doctor's themselves have to type in any other information they want included. They actually sit there with a laptop while talking to/examining you and plug away. When I told him what I do for a living he put his hand over the screen and asked me not to look at how he spelled things . . . nice. Hope I'm never unconscious and they need to look at my records.

When he was looking up the CPT code for my diagnosis he had to ask me the correct spelling because he couldn't find it. Makes you wonder what he does for non-MT patients. Geez!!!!

Providence Hospitals in the Northwest areas too! - Mrs. Sticky

[ In Reply To ..]
Lost an account in Alaska that went to the T-system. Most of my Providence doctors here in the Northwest do not use MT's.

No offshoring of US medical records - maybe

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they are worried if healthcare passes they will use US based MT to convert all medical records to electronic and no Indians will be required. What a bust to their boom!

Similar Messages:

Received Scam Email
Jan 15, 2014

I received the same email as above that mentions is a scam. Appreciate the info. I was close to logging on and listening to their speed...glad I didn't waste my time. again thanks...now...still looking for part time emp. ...

OK...just Received An Email That Help Needed...
May 25, 2015

logged on and NJA?  ...

I Just Received An Email From An MT From India...
May 30, 2015

who must have gotten my email address from a resume I posted on one of the job sites.  In the email, this MT makes a business proposition.  Stating he/she (not sure!) would search for IC MT jobs and forward them to me.  I would then apply and take the test.  The ultimate goal is that I would get the job and then pay him a percentage of the line rate to transcribe the work. I was a little taken aback.  In my 22+ years in this business, I have never received any ...

The Future Of Transcription In India? Think We'll Get Our Jobs Back?
Jan 29, 2013

Wouldn't it be great if we got our jobs back?? Hey, I can dream.... ...

Well, Received An Email Early This Morning
May 23, 2010

that my account was in critical backlog. I worked my shift as I'm supposed to.....and got NJA with 40 minutes to go in my shift...lol. It's the longest day I've worked in weeks because I always run out, but CRITICAL backlog?  I highly doubt it. ...

Received An Email From The CCM (or Whatever The Title Is Now) Detailing
Oct 28, 2012

multiple accounts with multiple idiosyncrasies. The email goes on and on. Hey! - If it isn't in the client profile, forget it. I don't get paid enough to spend time checking for possible added instructions that aren't in the CP. ...

Just Received The Email About New RAD Rates, What A Crock!
Sep 12, 2013

OK, I'm a little late to the Basher's Ball here but, geez, this sucks!!  So, bear with me, I need to vent!!!   PTO, hmm, there was a time when a loyal employee who stuck it out with the company through cuts and low work was rewarded by increased PTO for time with the company.  I guess we can add loyalty to the list of things that companies now punish you for thus creating a society of workers who are losing sight of what the word loyalty means.    I saw only ...

Received Email From Customer Support Services S/m
Nov 11, 2009

stating "a new incident has been created for you # Description DQS user - QA rule What the heck does this mean?  There is no more information on the email.  Oh brother!  Its probably bad :-(   ...

WT* Received The Personalized Email About Blanks To Customer.
Nov 15, 2010

I got the email informing me that I am sending an average of too many blanks to the customer. I do my best job, use my 20+ years of experience, use every possible resource, do not type in a doctor's name in the body of a report that I cannot find in the database and the doctor does not spell and is not a run-of-the-mill name, leave a blank for anything that could get me in trouble with HIPPA if I am mistaken or could compromise patient care, QA can't get 90% of what I submit. I wonde ...

What A Relief! I Received Another Email Thanking Me For My Patience Sm
Jan 05, 2011

during the no-work situation, and if I just wait a few more weeks, the holidays will be over and all of the overstaffing problems will be solved because the new accounts will start.   Well, yipee.   Any company that thinks they can starve me for 2-3 months while I sit and wait for crumbs of work to be doled out is suffering from some sort of delusion.   I answered the email by giving my 2-week notice.  Goodbye SoftScript with your PIA ticket number emails ...

Just Received An Email About Performance Management Mentoring
Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA ...

Have Lines Been Uploaded For Last Week? I Never Received An Email
Jul 04, 2013

xx ...

I Just Received A Notice From Our State Regarding Jobs Available Because I Filed For Unemployment An
Sep 02, 2013

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Just Got An Email From My QC Coah On The Pass/fail Jobs
Dec 09, 2013

I had 2 jobs that were both 100 and then I had a failed job on some account that I have never typed on before ~ foreign doctor.    The errors were marked as noncritical errors.    How can they expect us to be able to type 100 different accounts with perfect quality?   I remember this report that I "failed."  There were no samples to go by.   I guess I will be getting an email from my supervisor shortly about failing a job and making me feel ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

The Future Of MT
Nov 25, 2009

Many have said that MT is not what it once was. Here's a topic: What is/could be the future of medical transcirption?   Diane   ...

MT's Future?
Feb 20, 2010

I was told not to enter the medical transcription field because it was not going to exist in about five or six years. Is this true? I really want a job that is professional and allows me to work at home as well. Thanks ...

The Future Of MT.
Sep 26, 2012

Wondering what thoughts are on this article.  I believe MT is changing but is not a dying profession.  ...

Future Of MTs
Jun 06, 2013

Iâve been doing more research into the future of the MT field and I find that it is morphing into something I do not want to be a part of. Are EMR/EHR really cutting down transcription costs/jobs? If you goggle this you will find a huge disparity of opinion from âgoal being to have no transcriptionists whatsoeverâ at one extreme to âall this new fangled stuff is just some new toys for the kids to play withâ being at the other. Some are on the fence and some are crying itâs a ...

The Future Of MTs - Is There One?
Jan 18, 2014

I am a former MT who is going to school for Health Informatics.  I worked as a transcriptionist for over 20 years.  Two and a half years ago our team was told the organization we worked for was going to voice recognition and our jobs were being phased out which is when I chose to go back to school.  I am writing my final paper on “The Future of Medical Transcription – Is There One?”   I would like to get information from other transcriptionists on this ...

The Future
Mar 19, 2014

Hello to everyone on MTStars. I've been reading all these posts for weeks.  My hospital announced in Jan. that we would get laid off in July b/c they had decided to go with M*Modal.  After everything I have read here you could not beat me with a stick to apply for M*Modal; even though that is what they wanted us to do.  I've come to terms with it.  I am at peace.  I have been transcribing for 16 years, and have made EXCELLENT money, $25-30/hour. If this is the ...

Future Net - Anybody Still There?
May 08, 2014

Anybody still there?  After months of shoving MModal down our throats they just sent an email out on how to fix the spellchecker in the program!  Do you think that should have been done before forcing this on MTs?  Looks like there is no turning back, they are just forcing the issue and you can either make less than minimum wage, WAY less, or take a hike as many of us have been told.  A ton of work in regular SR every day because looks like everyone is in fact leaving but at the same time, m ...