A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just got an email from my QC coah on the pass/fail jobs - whodat

Posted: Dec 09, 2013

I had 2 jobs that were both 100 and then I had a failed job on some account that I have never typed on before ~ foreign doctor.    The errors were marked as noncritical errors.    How can they expect us to be able to type 100 different accounts with perfect quality?   I remember this report that I "failed."  There were no samples to go by.   I guess I will be getting an email from my supervisor shortly about failing a job and making me feel like the worst MT ever.   Never mind that had 2 jobs that scored 100.  

Don't be so hard on yourself! I think with what we are all dealing with, sm - CONFUSED

[ In Reply To ..]
and what is expected is so unrealistic that most of us will be failing, so where does that put MM? You cannot expect perfection all the time when throwing unfamiliar work at us, while expecting us to maintain our line count, working like we are working for a sweatshop. Oh, and they sure are not encouraging us to ask for help when we are struggling with a job while charging us to use QA.

You are NOT alone - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
All the stress of not making a mistake is overwhelming to say the least. An "attaboy" would be nice but I know that will never happen. Just keep doing your best. Most of us have either been where you are or are currently being "performance managed."
Easier said then done to not worry. I just wanted to retire from here but doubt that is likely as I have quite a few years left before that can happen.

Same thing happened to me - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Promised not to tell the whole story again but exactly the same experience as you. I quit and retired.

Not to mention the formatting ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
On one of my accounts the medical records people at the hospital are obsessed with their innumerable formatting quirks and you become so focused on making sure the formatting is correct and you're sending the right cc's, and everything particular to that dictator and that format, that you complete forget about the actual text.

My solution - For me is to

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay me hourly and I will reread each report 2 times to make sure it is perfect...i cant afford to reread it even once now so yes there will be minor things that slip through.

Happened to me too.... AND.. - boiling mad

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got a QA'd job back where I was dinged for an added word. The word was "and". They claimed the doctor had said "ah"!!!!!!!! Gee, do you think "uh" and " and" could sound the same????? Especially with the poor sound I get. Claimed it made a difference in the sentence meaning, which it did not. "Local anesthesia was given, and the limb was prepped and draped" versus " Local anesthesia was given, the limb was prepped". Are you kidding me????

I am trying to cool down enough to write a retort that isn't as nasty as I want to do. I am going to demand the point deduction be taken away.

The more unjustly I get dinged the more blanks I leave. Why should I take a chance on being wrongly dinged. These reports aren't be added to my submission score be I do not submit if it is only a couple blanks or the blanks are for the same word or doctor's name.

I too was failed on QA recently. I had a couple 100 scores, but 1 report nudged me 0.15 points below 99.6.

The supervisor has also been sending out admonishing notes that our group, as a whole, is failing. (By a whole 0.16 points!)

Me too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It has happened too many times to me to count. They say one thing and I say another (or hear). It is all subjective. In fact, a few times I have gone back and listened to the report and do NOT hear what they have completed for the blank.

Let us know if you get a solution.

That is BS - Let us know what

[ In Reply To ..]
they say. I'm afraid I wouldn't wait to cool down to retort. I might regret it later, but I'm hair-triggered.

There is a lot of anger out here. I am dealing with a QC coach who will NEVER EVER take the MTs side over the MMEs or whatever their stupid title is now, even if the MME is totally wrong.

Same thing happened to me too - and I

[ In Reply To ..]
Found another job! This place is not worth it, you can work at something else or find another company and work without this nonsense. BTW, it was not a cake walk for me at all, but I knew if I were to survive, I had to leave, cuz they were ready to throw me under the bus at any moment; just had to torture me as long as they could. GET OUT, don't look back, no matter what you have to go through, it is worth it in the long run.

Sorry to hear that... - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I've often wondered about judgment calls like that since a lot of the crappy quality of the audio makes the transcription subjective to whoever is listening to it. I agree with you; it doesn't change any meaning of that sentence. My husband, while watching NBA basketball, would call that ticky-tack.

QA score - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you kidding me????? You had two 100s and 1 that was 99.6 and you FAILED?????? a QA recently. What is going on with this company. We do not get paid enough to do better than almost perfect!!! OMG I am so pissed off about this. Will it I ask WILL IT EVER END?????? Only when I get out and it will not be soon enough. This career is just killing me and it is not rewarding at all anymore.

QC coach mails - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Not only all that but just got a email to "remember to work your hours and keep up with current work". Good grief, we are not babies and I am sure 100% of us remember our hours, the only reason I would forget them is to just quit. Get real people we are adults, not children. Being kind from all you hourly peeps would be better than a remember to do email.

oh a P.S to this - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
...and quit putting those silly smile faces, and how much coffee they have had already to wake up, silliness is not part of what I want to hear, we all need a good pat on the back, not silly smiley faces etc. So glad my time is almost up here. I pray all of you will find a way. BTW, check into Pharmacy Tech training. If you have a good amount of medical work exp, any technical school will let you take the Pharm Tech course, you can ck on line for pre tests etc. I did and I have my Cert and found a wonderful hourly job in a Pharmacy working days, no nights, no weekends and 17.50 per hour. What a hoot it will be to do this and not type type type, oh excuse me, read, read, correct, correct, and so forth.

Another P.S. - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Not only did all the things mentioned above happen to me but since we are not in an office and do not have to look at motivational posters, I was getting motivational emails which were nauseating. Don't they know the best motivators are a decent salary and fair treatment? Rhetorical question. Hope they do call me some day and ask me to return just so I can spew venom at someone from this company and not an independent exit interviewer.
Just wondering - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't jump all over me. Wondering how it will help to "spew venom." Nothing will change by this and don't believe it well even matter to corporate.
My thoughts and my thoughts alone.
I know it won't help - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
and not jumping all over you. It's just that in these exit interviews you don't even get to express your views to someone in the company; the interviewer works for an independent contractor. Nothing we say or do is going to help the MT's situation but it would let me release the pressure valve for a few moments. Also, even though I have quit and retired and should forget about all this, I am still angry that they can do this to all of us with impunity.

got same email - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
got same email and thought of same thing. Resented it too that they felt I had to be reminded to work my hours.

Same here - wishing to be an ex-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Same here, my error was not adding an line between headings, OMG! The patient is going to die because of this error! I am also so sick of the emails bitching about time, stupid errors. Everytime I see an email from the QC person and it says "Please respond" I want to respond "I don't care." Fire me! I am so sick I am praying for the holidays to be over so I can find a job. My TSM or whatever bitching about time, working your schedules, blah, blah, well if you weren't killing me with new stupid accts and switching us from hourly to production maybe more people would, I think most don't care anymore and just are doing whatever they feel like now. Please January get here soon!

I thought all that - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
crap was fixed on the "backend." ??? How do they expect me to know what these reports look like when they print out or import to someone else's system? Hell, I'm doing good to make sure the correct heading is on the report! And, what you said about ppl just doing whatever they feel like doing, you hit that one on the head, at least for me! I keep the pt in mind all the time and focus on things like meds, labs, etc, not whether an ummmm was the word and or an extra line here or there. Since transcription has gone to computers, I've always despised formatting...omg!

Got a 98.5 on my audits - SBH

[ In Reply To ..]
Now, I will be monitored. Good grief!! Makes one feel sick to their stomach. This was for minor errors...how will we survive

Similar Messages:

Pass/fail
Oct 21, 2014

Does anyone have a clue about the pass/fail that is in Fiesa today?  Just noticed mine and I suppose it has something to do with the changes rolling out but I couldn't remember if we had received anything about it or not.  Thanks! ...

Pass/fail Tests?
Jul 02, 2010

I know that the tests given by MTSOs are from mttest.com and that they are pass/fail tests. Does anyone know what the passing percentage is? One strike, you're out? How does this work? Thanks. ...

Pass/fail Rates
Mar 10, 2010

Here is a link to the pass/fail rates for AHIMA certification exams.   http://www.ahima.org/certification/documents/2007_2009_CertificationExamPassRates.pdf Please note that even AHIMA itself recommends a minimum of 3 years of hospital coding experience before attempting the CCS exam, and they have good reason for doing so.  The test is very challenging.  Yes, people may pass without that experience, but most will not.  This is not an inexpensive exam, either.  The fig ...

Pass Record Tool (PASS-R)
Feb 17, 2010

What exactly is pass record tool? This is the only definition/reference I can find for dictated PASSR (spelled by dictator) and not sure it is even medical.  We are suppose to expand abbreviations unless unsure of definition and I hate to send blanks to QA if I can avoid it. ...

Just Received Email From MQ About Lobbying Our Future Jobs As MT's.
Nov 11, 2009

I do not know if we are seriously going to have jobs as MT's in a few years.  ...

Being Set Up To Fail?
Nov 17, 2011

First, I was warned about low line count during a period of many MQ computer problems (finally got new one and now resolved), then audited during that same time period after being warned about line count, which I passed at 99.89%. Then 2 weeks later I start getting a work type I had never done before, like every other job, completely new terms and docs, which normally I do not mind learning new things, but now with the more-than-5%-sent-to-QA nonsense I do not feel comfortable sending blanks to ...

SR FAIL
Jun 08, 2012

Talking about an area of oozing that was dripping into the surgical site.  Said dripping 3 times. 1.  SR = "gripping" 2.  SR = "creeping" 3.  SR = "draping" Three chances, three air balls. (SR = "hair balls", of course.)       ...

Set Up To Fail?
Feb 04, 2014

As I mentioned earlier I keep getting badgered, first for dropping percentage on FIESA, then for production. One of the things that bothers me, lately I keep getting more and more of those same dictators that I make the most mistakes on. It's almost like they want me to fail? Is that paranoia or just the elephant in the room trying to sit on me and no one notices? I am on an enormous account. I realize they can narrow work down to some degree but with literally 100s of clinics on this ...

VR Fail
Aug 22, 2014

Positive fecal pulses. ...

Ever Feel Like They Just Want You To Fail?
Nov 19, 2010

It just seems like we cannot win with this company. Between the 5% QA, bottom of the barrel dictators, and unrealistic expectations I just want to pull my hair out. ...

I Think I Now Know Why Some Fail MT Test
Apr 13, 2012

I beileve it's when the company advertising closes the hiring process but doesn't let us know.  For fun, I just went to an older ad and went through the testing process.  I KNOW I aced it, but it told me I didn't have the skills necessary.  I also KNOW that the job hiring process was closed, but did it just as an experiment. So those of you who are so hard on yourselves, don't be.  I truly now think it's because the company has closed the hiring proc ...

What Happens If You Fail More Than 1 Audit?
Aug 05, 2013

Last year I failed an audit, barely and was out on 100% QA for 6 weeks after 1 email from TSM and no responses afterwards until suddenly I was off and back to regular work. Later I was transferred to another TSM. Wednesday I got an email that after multiple complaints from a specific doctor, all his reports were 100% QA and my report had failed the audit (barely). Nothing from TSM yet, but I am off Sunday and Monday. I wish I could quit so bad, but can't afford it. If I get fired and apply ...

Ever Feel Like You Are Being Set Up To Fail
Oct 02, 2013

I just cannot seem to get my line count up no matter what I do.  I have an account that I am doing for the UK and it is a struggle.  Being bounced around to a new BOB every 2 months or less does not help. I have got my second warning about my line count, never had this problem before.  Oh well, maybe getting fired is not such a bad thing though. ...

Epic Fail!
Jan 15, 2015

TSA sent out an e-mail to EVERYBODY that should have gone to the PODmistress. I would've been terminated on the spot.  ...

LOSER When You Fail An Audit
Mar 22, 2010

Wow, they sure do make you feel like a LOSER when you fail an audit.  Phone conference scheduled, can anyone tell me what to expect ...

If You Fail The CCS Exam, Do They Tell You What You Did Wrong?
Jul 10, 2012

I haven't taken it, but I'm just wondering. ...

Anyone Else Take The Test For WordMed.Biz And Fail
Jul 17, 2014

Please.   What a crock.  20+ years experience, and I'm referred to a matchbook school. mttest can suck it.   If that's what WordMed.Biz trusts to screen potential employees, then I don't think I'd trust them as an employer.  and their red-hot screaming wage of .07 CPL.   Yeah...  ...

Anybody With Fluency Audio Fail?
Oct 22, 2014

nm ...

II'll Probably Fail The Medquist Test Today Again
Nov 26, 2011

I took the Medquist test again today, but I don't expect the perfection they seem to demand.  I actually got an RLP (real live person) at Medquist to speak to me about testing 2 weeks ago.  She was a little help.  She said they have 1,000 take the test monthly so no wonder they are not interested in any particular transcriptionist.  I suspect, though, that only 20/1000 pass it.  I actually worked for Mx for 7 years part-time, and I love their platform.    ...

One Mistake Made Me Fail An Audit.
Jun 09, 2015

I admit I made a mistake.  I forgot to add a cc.  Never mind that all the other jobs that were audited were 100%.  I am only human but Mmodal does not care.  ...

Medication S/l Med Pass? See More
Aug 13, 2010

Patient is on vitamin D, aspirin, (Med Pass), omeprozole, MiraLax, sertaline, simvastatin, Spiriva, Symbicort....   This is a patient with pancytopenia..if that helps... ...

I Was A WMX QA And Can't Pass A Test??
Sep 14, 2010

I've taken all of these tests one after another and some I pass, some I don't. I have the experience and did QA for 5 years, so I have no idea why I'm not passing them. I'm growing tired and weary. Anyone else having problems testing? ...

Does Anybody Else Think That MQ Just Does Want Us To Not Pass Audits?
Oct 27, 2010

Does it seem like no matter what you do it is not good enough? Here lately it seems like they only audit the worst dictator. The only reports they have audited for me lately have been ESLs lately. Maybe that is their way of trying to get rid of me. Maybe they want to thin the herd and just send it all to India. I just hope to find something soon outside of MT. I have been looking.   ...

Someone Posted Below That You Now Have To Pass The RMT To Even Take The CMT?
Sep 20, 2011

Is this really true?  I was already on the fence about it....I despise ADHI but at the same time realize having CMT could possibly help find a job and sometimes (rarely) get a CMT diff.  Not to mention the test cost $300 whether you pass or not.  So now you have to pay to pass the RMT?  This can't be true.  I mean, if you can pass the CMT you should be able to pass the RMT w/o having to PAY for it.  ...

Can A New Grad Pass The CCS, CPC? I Just Did
Jan 08, 2012

Someone just asked, so I'll answer.  Yes, it is very possible.  I graduated 1 1/2 years ago from Andrews School but then waited to take the exams (personal reasons). I just started back on track to get the credentials.  I passed the CPC this fall and passed the CCS this week.   Even with the long delay between the end of school and my credentialing exams, I passed both on the first try. I have NOT worked a single day as a coder.  I am ...

Just Something I Want To Pass Along That Could Be Helpful
Sep 24, 2012

I, I think like a lot of the MTs on here are getting fed up with Express Scribe and the fact that you have to go to the Pro Version and downgrade to the free.  Stupidly on Thursday, I removed my copy of ES to install the version that the company I was going to work for uses.  Well, now, I cannot even configure the footpedal unless I purchase the product or one of their footpedals (my footpedal is an IN-USB-1 which has worked on Express Scribe in the past), but now, it is not even on th ...

Just Some Information To Pass Along
Oct 17, 2014

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1 on it.  My old computer had Word 2003 and Steadmans 2006 installed on it.  I could not get the Steadmans 2006 to load on the new computer so as a result, I went for the 15-day trial of Spellex, since Stedman's doesn't offer anything like that.   I called Spellex today (and BTW, they are based in Tampa, FL), and said that I would not be able to purchase the program until next Friday and I only had 2 days left of my ...

Gotta Pass This One Along ... Sm
May 18, 2015

Dr. dictates:  Postsurgical drains over the abdomen ... VR types:  Postsurgical brains over the abdomen ...   Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! ...

Just Noticed An Ad For Dragon Speak On This Site = FAIL! Or Am I Being Too Sensitive?
Nov 27, 2012

nm ...

Transtech Doesn't Bother To Contact You If You Fail Their Test?
May 14, 2013

Is Transtech one of those companies that doesn't bother to contact you if you fail their test? Or do they eventually let you know one way or the other?  It has been a couple of weeks since I have tested and haven't heard a peep. ...