A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just received a test file in unencryped email with patient information - wow

Posted: Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk.

Did anyone else receive a similar test?

I just received a test file - catherine

[ In Reply To ..]
had you considered the possibility that the patient information was made up specifically for the test document? This person could be that stupid as to use real information unencripted...but maybe it is all fictitious? If you are that concerned, why don't you just ask her? just my opinion, but....

I just received a test - Do you think.....

[ In Reply To ..]
that is is possible this person is testing you not only on transcription skills but also trying to see if you would totally ignore the HIPAA violation? If I was really interested in the job, I would certainly ask about it.

Similar Messages:

TTD Contact Information For Those Who Never Got Paid Or Never Received Their 1099
Feb 10, 2013

Here are some of AK's many business pages on facebook. Try contacting her through these pages...want to know where your pay check is from TTD? Here it is....she stole our money and used it to fund these businesses: Amy's personal FB: https://www.facebook.com/amy.knightkelley Kelley's K9s: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelleys-K9s/241410562544454?fref=ts Fitness by Amy: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prime-Fitness-by-Amy-Kelley/368875573190117 Amy Kelley Photography: https:// ...

Patient Received Foley
Feb 07, 2010

They had significant difficulty getting a Foley catheter in him. Urology had to come urgently with filaments and S/L fowlers to put in a Foley catheter. ...

Received Scam Email
Jan 15, 2014

I received the same email as above that mentions is a scam. Appreciate the info. I was close to logging on and listening to their speed...glad I didn't waste my time. again thanks...now...still looking for part time emp. ...

OK...just Received An Email That Help Needed...
May 25, 2015

logged on and NJA?  ...

I Just Received An Email From An MT From India...
May 30, 2015

who must have gotten my email address from a resume I posted on one of the job sites.  In the email, this MT makes a business proposition.  Stating he/she (not sure!) would search for IC MT jobs and forward them to me.  I would then apply and take the test.  The ultimate goal is that I would get the job and then pay him a percentage of the line rate to transcribe the work. I was a little taken aback.  In my 22+ years in this business, I have never received any ...

Patient First Abbreviation/short Cut File
Jan 12, 2015

Many platforms allow you to transfer a file from another "system" which it will then convert into the short-cut file for that system.  Are you able to do anything like this at Patient First or do you have to start over in building this file. Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A Voice File Test...sm
May 11, 2011

By making silly mistakes that you can't even believe you made!? Oh, I did. Today. I think I would kick myself in the brain if I could. I feel so defeated. ...

Well, Received An Email Early This Morning
May 23, 2010

that my account was in critical backlog. I worked my shift as I'm supposed to.....and got NJA with 40 minutes to go in my shift...lol. It's the longest day I've worked in weeks because I always run out, but CRITICAL backlog?  I highly doubt it. ...

Received An Email From The CCM (or Whatever The Title Is Now) Detailing
Oct 28, 2012

multiple accounts with multiple idiosyncrasies. The email goes on and on. Hey! - If it isn't in the client profile, forget it. I don't get paid enough to spend time checking for possible added instructions that aren't in the CP. ...

Just Received The Email About New RAD Rates, What A Crock!
Sep 12, 2013

OK, I'm a little late to the Basher's Ball here but, geez, this sucks!!  So, bear with me, I need to vent!!!   PTO, hmm, there was a time when a loyal employee who stuck it out with the company through cuts and low work was rewarded by increased PTO for time with the company.  I guess we can add loyalty to the list of things that companies now punish you for thus creating a society of workers who are losing sight of what the word loyalty means.    I saw only ...

Just Received Email From MQ About Lobbying Our Future Jobs As MT's.
Nov 11, 2009

I do not know if we are seriously going to have jobs as MT's in a few years.  ...

Received Email From Customer Support Services S/m
Nov 11, 2009

stating "a new incident has been created for you # Description DQS user - QA rule What the heck does this mean?  There is no more information on the email.  Oh brother!  Its probably bad :-(   ...

WT* Received The Personalized Email About Blanks To Customer.
Nov 15, 2010

I got the email informing me that I am sending an average of too many blanks to the customer. I do my best job, use my 20+ years of experience, use every possible resource, do not type in a doctor's name in the body of a report that I cannot find in the database and the doctor does not spell and is not a run-of-the-mill name, leave a blank for anything that could get me in trouble with HIPPA if I am mistaken or could compromise patient care, QA can't get 90% of what I submit. I wonde ...

What A Relief! I Received Another Email Thanking Me For My Patience Sm
Jan 05, 2011

during the no-work situation, and if I just wait a few more weeks, the holidays will be over and all of the overstaffing problems will be solved because the new accounts will start.   Well, yipee.   Any company that thinks they can starve me for 2-3 months while I sit and wait for crumbs of work to be doled out is suffering from some sort of delusion.   I answered the email by giving my 2-week notice.  Goodbye SoftScript with your PIA ticket number emails ...

Just Received An Email About Performance Management Mentoring
Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA ...

Have Lines Been Uploaded For Last Week? I Never Received An Email
Jul 04, 2013

xx ...

Documed Test - Can't Control The Speed / Volume Of File
Feb 03, 2012

It is so ridiculous when these companies test you on these players where you can't control the speed or the volume especially when the sound clarity is poor intentionally. ...

CMT Test - Share Links Or Information
Mar 01, 2010

Could you share links or information where I may find a sample of the type of test given for the CMT exam.  There are so many things to study. I am a former CMT of 15 years, but this testing material is totally different from my testing in the 90s.  I feel like I have to  be a doctor to take this test now.  Thank you! ...

Global Information Systems - Anyone Taken Test
Feb 04, 2013

Has anyone ever taken a verbal test for this company and, if so, was it difficult?  I have never been asked to do a verbal exam before.  Would appreciate any input.  Thank you. ...

Patient First Test
Jan 13, 2015

I am trying to work this into my schedule, and I want to make sure I plan enough time.  Thanks! ...

Testing Voice Files With Patient Information?
Jun 11, 2013

Anyone click on the Documed link for testing. They have voice files with patient's names and one even has date of birth, along with physician's city and state location. Doesn't this push the envelope for HIPAA regulations? Just seems wrong to me. ...

Email To Test
May 05, 2012

I received an email from M-Modal to test for an MT position. I currently work at Nuance. Is the grass any greener at M-Modal? Do they have plenty of work? Are the benefits decent? Any info would be greatly appreciated so I can make an informed decision. Thanks! ...

Diabetic Patient Test
Oct 30, 2011

Doctor dictates: "On initial evaluation, the patient was noted to have glucose of 560, with a bicarb of 11, and also has a (s/l something -demia) of 18%. The patient was subsequently admitted for further management." I can't seem to find anything that would fit in the above space. It sounds like ?demia. Does anybody have any clues for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot. ...

Patient First Test - No Idea
Jan 17, 2015

I have no idea how I did because I don't know what they are looking for in their testing.  It is obvious they want to see how you handle difficult dictators.  I had to leave some blanks, which most companies would prefer you to do.  I just wonder how many people level several blanks in the test and still got hired?  I especially had to leave 2 or 3 blanks on the guy who whispers.  Turned the volume all the way up on my computer and still could not make out parts of his dictation wit ...

MD-IT - Got An Email Inviting Me To Test
May 03, 2012

Got an email inviting me to test, but am already slated to start with another big MTSO in two weeks, that seems to be a nice company. Anybody have any recent experience at MD-IT they would care to share? Decent company? Good pay? Accounts? Thank ya'll so much in advance for any information you'd care to share. ...

Wow!! I Just Got The Invitation To Test Email From
Jun 18, 2013

Sten-Tel.  I so want to email them and tell them the pay they offer is absolutely ridiculous.  And to want someone to test and go through all that just for 5 cpl?  Are they kidding?  Oh I would love to say that, but I won't. ...

Got The Email About Taking The Test Already!!
Mar 11, 2014

excited! ...

Anyone Ever Get Test Files Vis Email That Won't Play?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Test Email Send Out By Imedx This A.m. If You (sm)
Feb 03, 2015

didn't get it, you should contact your supervisor.  It seems there are many people who are not getting their emails.  They are probably trying to fix it. ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Has An **A1** Lachman's Test
Aug 14, 2011

x ...