A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just checked the Nuance board. Maybe it is - bye bye MM

Posted: Jan 01, 2014

the lesser of 2 evils because I don't see any posts about NJA over there.

I worked there for 2 years, IMHO, NOT the lesser - of the 2 evils

[ In Reply To ..]
I like MModal a whole lot better than Nuance. Way more PTO accrual and my team lead (have no clue what the new initials are) is so much nicer. My Nuance TL was pure evil.

At Nuance I ran out of work constantly. At MM I have to work on a zillion different accounts but rarely run out of work. Nuance makes you log in and out of each account separately just to check if there is work. Very inefficient.

Good God..are you listening to yourselves? No one, and I mean no one sm - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
should work under these conditions! MM screwed me so bad this holiday season that I am spinning! This job is not worth what I lost in the last week and I'm out!!! My family actually gave me an intervention and quite honestly I just can't do this anymore. Running out of work is awful because we do not get paid, but the not knowing what to do and the having to make up the work and spent time filling out stupid tickets and all that goes with that is just nuts. I AM DONE!!!

MM ..... spirit suckers - gltrgrammi

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel your pain, to a T. They totally screwed me up right before the holidays too. I lost about $1200 a month in pay by moving me to another platform, all new doctors, etc. It absolutely sucks!! All their *#@&%ing rules and regulations, tickets, make-up time, docking us for too many errors, it's all too much. Unfortunately I have bills to pay, since I just renovated my kitchen because I had no idea that this was going to happen, so I can't quit just yet. I wish you the best. Stay strong.

It's a Holiday Week - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a holiday week. Last week was a holiday week as well. Hospitals discharge patients during these holiday weeks because they do not want to pay overtime to care for these patients. Doctors will not dictate as much during these holiday periods. It happens every year. I wish there was a way for MTs to do a field trip to a hospital to see how they operate. It would be eye opening. The lack of work is not MModal's fault. It is the holiday season.
I worked 10 yrs in hospital & yes census is always - down during holiday season. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
We were required to work 2 Holidays a year and We almost always flexed off early on the major holidays.
I'm not complaining of the lack of work, it's how it is handled sm - broke
[ In Reply To ..]
To be scheduled to work a holiday and plan around it and then not having work and not getting paid should not be tolerated. On top of that, to be expected to make it up or take PTO adds stress on top of the stress. During holidays they we should all be contacted and on a volunteer basis a skeleton crew should be scheduled and paid per hour for their shift on that day. If we have to give up time with family and friends on a holiday, we should be compensated for it. If we do not have work during our shift, if we desire we should be able to take the day without pay and not worry about making it up. You are right, the lack of work is not MM's fault, but the way they handle it makes it seem like it is OUR fault.
I worked in a hospital too. sm - Big phoeey
[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, the hospital didn't hire more MTs than they needed like these companies. One person worked the holiday shift, and there was usually plenty of work.
yeah i worked in a hospital too. Made $8/hour MT - Not complaining
[ In Reply To ..]
sure they kept me on but I would never want to go back there. I make much more at M2 than I did at the hospital. Yes we were always slow during the winter and trust me they were not sending their jobs to India. These conspiracy theories will always abound no matter what you say.
I'm sorry but - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that's like saying people don't magically get sick over the holidays..Sorry not buying it. They handed our work over to India. In the past, I spent my days cursing as the ME doctors dictated old and I mean old DC summaries. Didn't get them this year, gee I wonder why?

You talk as though this is the only company in the industry - that runs out of work and

[ In Reply To ..]
has issues. Glad to hear you have found a way out, since you said you are done. It baffles me that some people act as though this is the worst company in the world and Im sorry, but they all have their issues.

I have read about companies on here only paying 3 cents per line, some offer absolutely no PTO, some have ridiculously high priced health insurance, and *ALL* run out of work. But Nuance by far has the worst QA system in the industry from what I can tell.

For those who think MM is such a horrible place (which they're no worse than the others), then maybe they should go work for Nuance and see how much you enjoy their QA/Fiesa or some of the other companies who pay 3 cents per line, or those who have insurance that is ridiculously over-priced and unaffordable...or better yet, those who dont even offer PTO.

Sorry people but MM is not the worst on the planet and no job is perfect.

Same here, im pretty happy at MModal. Lots of work paid on time - wish it paid more but thats life

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't like the constant audits but that is the nature of the business now.

No one deserves to be tested every day. For me the stress is immeasurable and I'm out. Good lu - broke

[ In Reply To ..]

but the QA there will kill you - trust me

[ In Reply To ..]
you will be nibbled to death by the QA duck. I would never work for Nuance, ever.

No way would I leave MM for Nuance. Period. - You better off @ McDonalds.

[ In Reply To ..]

Working for Nuance is much more unpleasant. - Believe me!

[ In Reply To ..]
I started working for both MM and Nuance and only lasted 4 months at Nuance. It was a terrible, inefficient, disjointed system. For example, if you had a stat job, OR even a job close to TAT that needed QA, you would have to remember to note the job # and then spend unpaid time emailing the QA team about that job because they had to monitor 3 different systems, and hellfire and damnation to you if you accidentally forgot! I truly resented seeing any stats or jobs near TAT in my queue because I just knew I would have to piss away my time sending a bunch of separate emails about them, because some inevitably would need QA.

The working platform was nowhere as nice as Fluency. The ASR may have been only just marginally better than MM, but I am not convinced of that; if it was it was not by enough to make a difference in productivity. I could barely make the minimum LPH of 186 there, whereas at MM I can usually manage that without too much sweat, because the whole working system at MM is so much more efficient and integrated.

The QA feedback process is just soul-crushing. Read the posts over there on the board about FIESA.

Oh, and you think the client profiles are bad at MM? Well the ones at Nuance are a piece of work. All in migraine-inducing random font sizes, colors, bolding, and highlighting, completely unorganized, and you would have to leave your editing platform to even look at them.

You would have to leave the editing platform to look at past reports, also, and most of the time there would be nothing at all, or just a few samples.

Also my TSM there was horrendous; my 2 different TSMs at MM have been much nicer and less micromanaging.

Aaaand, finally, my line rate was even less at Nuance, if you can believe that.

I would have ended up in the loony bin if I had had to stay there any longer. Nope, nope, nope, nope.

Reading the Nuance board - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
is kind of a guilty pleasure now that I have retired. Read both boards and compare. Both have NJA, both have the same complaints. Also there was a post recently stating that the Nuance CEO made the "worst CEOs list" in one of the business publications. Talk about the frying pan and the fire.

Yeah, but at least Nuance hires part-timers and - bye bye MM

[ In Reply To ..]
did not lay off their part-timers or take their PTO away. They have an incentive plan too which may be hard to achieve but at least they have it. I doubt their quality score is as high as MMs either. The CEO just sux as a businessman but the article did not say anything about the MTs. I applied part-time at Nuance and I applied at another MTSO full-time. Soon I will be out of MM for good.

I seriously doubt anyone is trying to argue with you or get you to stay - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Bottom line is you gotta do what works for you. I think people were just posting their opinions and experiences. I hope you find a good fit, I have read a couple posts on the Nuance board where people liked it there; however, I have read a lot where the they were just miserable. Also, what good is having incentive if it is not acheivable? 97% of the posts on the Nuance board are about MTs being upset over FIESA scores and having to challange errors. If they dont get good scores on FIESA, they dont get incentive. Either way, hopefully your experience is a good one.

OK bye! Have fun at Nuance! - Clearly your mind is made up.

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh well, then, see for yourself. Hope you are stocked up on some heavy duty anxiolytics.
Lol!! ur post wasfl funny. She definitely will need - the anxiolytics.
[ In Reply To ..]
Some people just dont believe fat meat is greasy. Just renember, we tried to tell you.

Nuance is very badly run. If you have work, stay - here.

[ In Reply To ..]
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Similar Messages:

Anyone See The Ad On Job Seeker's Board....Nuance
Mar 11, 2015

How can they do this when so many are constantly OOW?  Really, WHAT is their motivation for this?  Why would they want to pay a single MT $2000 when they could just give the work to the MTs w/o work?    ...

Reposted From Nuance Board. This Is Exactly What I Also Feel Is
Feb 20, 2014

IMHO, if the emphasis was on patient quality care like it used to be, the dictators would know what they are doing and speak clearly. Reports a great deal of time look like Swiss cheese because of them, NOT the MT. Horrible, deplorable dictators, period. Put the blame where it belongs. In a production based job, we should not be having to go through what we do, and incentives are lost based on this. Get bad dictators a lot? What happens...no incentive if more than 10% is sent to be listened to.. ...

Check Out The UNEMPLOYMENT Message On The Nuance Board Everyone
May 29, 2012

nm ...

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

Frequency Of Being QA Checked
May 25, 2010

How often does your company QA your work? Mine seems like every week.... ...

Checked Ultipro
Dec 28, 2011

Lowest one ever.  ...

Wow. Just Checked The Deenibeeni And Other
Jul 10, 2012

What a kind helpful attitude deenibeeni offered, her taking the time to try and help others, which only opened her up to all the rude obnoxious comments.  No wonder the office environment was not my cup of tea.  Shame upon shame. ...

I Just Checked Out An Advertisement
Jun 01, 2013

It was a full time position as an IC, hourly wage.  Wages advertised were $10 - $11 per hour.  Education qualifications:  MASTERS DEGREE!!!  yeah, like anybody with a Master's Degree is going to type insurance forms for $10 an hour....give me a break!!!  ugh. ...

Just Checked - Red Light Still On
Dec 15, 2014

Anybody care to join me for an egg nog?  Hot toddie?  Hot buttered rum? ...

Her Stool Was Checked For **glyac**? -nm
Feb 16, 2011

nm ...

ABGs Were Checked: Pier To 128?
Feb 19, 2011

what is he saying? ___:128   ...

Has Anyone Checked With A Lawyer About MM Not Paying For CCs And
Nov 26, 2012

demos when we're required to spend time searching and entering them?  How can we be required to spend hours and hours a week searching & entering "required" information but not be paid for that time or those lines?  Would it be a labor lawyer? ...

Checked Legality Of Docking Pay During PM
Jun 01, 2015

Because we are hourly employees, the can legally punish us during PM as long as they pay us minimum wage. Drop me to a penny a line, and I'm out of here no matter whether or not I have any new job prospects! I haven't gotten past the first level of PM, but with the capricious way they grade and a mere 2 minor errors will flunk an audit, not matter how hard you try, you are always in imminent danger. Unless... you are amongst the lucky ones with proper ASR output. I think I ...

Oracle? Last Time I Checked They Had Very Little Work
Mar 10, 2010

and I wondered if that ever picked up?  Have heard good things about them but need steady work. thankyou ...

For Entertainment Purposes, I Checked FIESA
Jun 30, 2012

Lots of messages about time stamping my blanks.  Uh, sorry no can do.  If I realize towards the end of the report I have more than allowed blanks, then I have to RELISTEN to the report in order to get the time stamps. If I go ahead and time stamp 1 or 2 blanks and that's it, then I have to go back and erase all the time stamps so they don't show up in the report. So, therefore, I am not time stamping my blanks.  Time stamp this. ...

Has Anyone Else Double Checked Their Line Counts Lately?
Oct 11, 2013

I used to have no problems getting 200+, now have all I can do to get 150 and have been written up for same.  I do not see any change on the policy.  Anyone else? ...

Checked FIESA To Find A Report I Did
Dec 14, 2014

a report with poor sound quality and one of the worst dictators I have ever come across in my 15 years as an MT.  She was ESL (of course though they aren't all bad), and she kept changing her mind, talking to other people around here, dictating at the speed of light....you get it.....So, apparently I misheard her say "hemoglobin 7" instead of 11.  As you all know, that is a critical error.  And I guess it IS---However, in the case where the dictator speaks ...

Checked Team Metrics For Personnel Changes
Feb 05, 2015

Checked listing from end of November and then the last one last week and found there were 1 less numbers listed. I thought more might have quit.  I guess the ones who did weren't under my TSM.  We have it pretty good compared to some. I mostly did this to see if new people were added to our team and causing low work but that doesn't seem to be it. Low work today... OOW and had too much time on my hands I guess. ...

McKenzie Brace (scoliosis)...I Have Checked All Resources...see Below
Jan 28, 2010

I find many references to the McKenzie exercises for backs, but nothing specifically for "McKenzie brace."  Any help would be appreciated.  I have exhausted all resources. ...

Well I Just Checked A Report Against Microsoft Word Document Sm
Sep 06, 2010

and always MQ gave us more even just a little more in line count.  My line count was less than what it was in Microsoft.  So we are not getting paid for something.  Need to get out of this company and fast! ...

Checked Archives. Seeking Updated Input On
Jan 20, 2011

Are most people purchasing Instant Text (or ?)  to use in this platform or is BayScribe's expander user-friendly ?   ...

Just Checked Email. Required To Check For Work Every
Nov 21, 2012

Only punch in when there are jobs available and then punch out.  Check every 30 minutes, rinse and repeat.  Enough is enough.  Has MModal reached a new low (if that's even possible)? ...

Checked My Voicemails - No Layoff Call DANGIT
Jul 26, 2013

I honestly hope I get a call! Between PELL and TAA benefits, I might actually be able to pay some bills! LOL.....pray for me to get a call please! I wonder if we can request it??? ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

Acusis--Have Checked Archives. Can Find No Recent Info.
Jun 29, 2011

Thanks in advance. I am CMT with 16 years experience, currently working for a recently bought-out MTSO. I will probably test with Acusis this weekend. Is 9.25 cpl realistic for Acusis at all? What's the % cut for VR pay? I see they state a 12-hour window. Is 36 hours considered full-time? Are you paid for spaces? VBC? Is PTO decent? Again, thanks so much! ...

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

I Checked Posts And A Lot Of Messages Said This Company Paid "above Average" ...sm
Jul 02, 2012

so I applied ...... 7-1/2 cpl ST, 3-1/2 for VR.  Sigh.   In 1982, I made 10 cpl for a gross line.  I realize those days are long gone, but soon I will be flipping hamburgers. ...

"Replace As You Type" Will NOT Stay Checked...sm
Oct 29, 2009

in Word 2003.  I just reformatted about a month ago and have been fighting with this issue since then.  Every time I go into a new report, I have to recheck it but it doesn't always mean it will hold throughout the whole report.  This is SOOOO annoying.  I've done the research thoroughly and still cannot find any solutions.  Anybody dealt with this before and know how to correct it?    All help will be GREATLY appreciated so I can stop scaring my cats ...