A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Counted the ones who passed - and the ones who failed

Posted: Feb 11, 2015

in my pod from the list they sent out.  Two-thirds passed, one-third failed.  (I was in the fail group).  Let the Indians do it and see how they score.  I hate this BS

You must be in a different pod - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never seen this info in an e-mail to me. Do they think it is motivational? Thinking it has the opposite.

POD s - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100%. Let them try to do what we do day and day out. We are in the trenches. It is ever so easy to mark someone else's report up, but when it comes to doing the report that is a totally different matter.

Passed what. What gripes my behind is you - never get credit

[ In Reply To ..]
for any new or difficult term that you had to spend time researching. So why bother.

Similar Messages:

Should We Be Counted Off For Blanks.
Jun 07, 2013

I have been taught better safe than sorry and I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years.  I am docked .05 for each blank, but the standard 3.0 (CPSE) if I got it wrong it happens to be pullled for QA.  I know this is a rhetorical question as we are all professionals, but would you leave a blank and take the 0.5 right off the bat or risk the patient on a lab value, drug name, dosage or diagnosis and take the 3.0 IF that report was pulled for QA? ...

HOW ARE OUR LINES COUNTED
Apr 21, 2015

With the new pay plan, I know we take our lines for edit work and cut them in half.    my question, are my transcribed lines also cut in half?????  god I hope not ...

Yep, Counted Them. Typed For 9 Different Facilities.
Jun 28, 2010

They are all my "regulars."  Nothing new.  I don't even think I have a primary account any more; seems to be just first in-first out or something.    ...

Letterhead Using Text Box Counted?
Dec 20, 2010

As far as I have researched, text boxes cannot be counted in a document unless checked off in the line counting software, even in MS Word's Wounsel/Line Count.  It ony counts 1 line if Ihighlight the text box.  The text box is setup to show in the background, although the header is showing in front of it.  It is about 2 inches in height.  If I delete the text box, the header is still there.  Please advise if you have any experience with this.  Thanks! ...

Straight Transcription Counted As ASR
Nov 25, 2013

Noticed today that my one and only transcription report, was counted as an ASR job. What? I debated what to do, because it was a short dictation, after all. But, no I can't allow that. I have to count every penny. So watch those kinds of things, too. Check your stats, make some type of notation. Shouldn't let this type of thing go... ...

If An Audit Slams You For An Error Counted As 0.25, How Is The Percentage 97.88%?
Mar 18, 2010

I am confused.  ...

Most Transcriptionist Are IC And Don't Get Unemployment Or Counted In Any Employment Rolls.
Jan 07, 2012

There may be new healthcare jobs but let's face it they aren't for us kids!  Most of us who are running out of work or making less or just plain losing our jobs don't file for unemployment because we are SE from a company out of station that doesn't pay our unemployment or we are IC in the same situation.  How many of those healthcare jobs are for IT to set up the systems replacing us!  ...

Question About 7 Cents A Line With Spaces Counted
May 10, 2012

I have a question:  I currently make 8 cents a line, but it is VBC.  If I had a job that paid 7 cents normally, but paid for spaces and other things in the report would one be coming out ahead making at least 8 cents a line or may be even more when it is all figured out?  Has anyone ever done this and actually making more $$$ by making the 7 cents a line instead of 8 cents?   I used to have a job that paid 10 to 10.5 cents a line, but they sold out. I was just ...

I Passed!!
Mar 18, 2011

Just wanted to pass on the word that I passed the CPC this past Saturday.   To those of you who don't know me from prior posts, I took the Andrews School coding course and am a former MT of many years. ...

I Passed The CCS!
Jan 04, 2013

I passed the CCS exam yesterday!  Students out there, it can be done.  Now onto the job search, a whole other thing completely, but for now, just trying to recover and let it sink in.  I have been studying at Andrews for a whole year towards this goal and now it's here.  Thanks Andrews staff and students for all the support! ...

Catchup Passed!
Jan 12, 2010

Hi everyone, I have great news. I have passed my final exam with honours! I received a 98% on objective and 96% on practical. For those who know me, I was really getting nervous about graduating from my course, but I did it. Because of my final mark I qualify for a job placement (100-hour practicum), so I am just waiting to hear what company I will be placed with...what I great way to start my 2010! Thanks for all of your support, it really did help me! Catchup- ...

Past/Passed
May 21, 2010

Rigor mortis had passed/past in all extremities. ...

Past/passed Help Please
Jul 19, 2010

used a 5-French Glide catheter and thru this passed a Spartacore wire into the popliteal artery past the stenosis.....Is this correct or am I losing my mind with these passed/past??? ...

I Passed My RDA Practical!
Dec 23, 2010

Just got notice I passed the practical for dental assisting.   Now I'm too excited to sit here and work :) Plan on taking the written test next month and then I'm out of here!!!  It hasn't been easy going to school and scraping by here, but I have to pay the bills.  I'm leaving transcription kicking and screaming.  At my age, I thought I would be doing this 'til the end of my working days.  So sad. ...

I Passed My CPC! Yeah! - Sm
Jul 14, 2011

Now the hard part - finding a job!  Very glad the testing is over - phew! ...

Passed Testing
Sep 19, 2011

I just passed testing with Breitner.  I am excited about being offered a position with standard transcription.  Anyone willing to share good/bad?  I would like to accept their offer, but now-a-days quite a nervous nelly.  Just have to work 15 more years until retirement and would love that to be with one more company!  And before anyone says it, I have researched the archives......  ...

Passed The CCS Today
May 01, 2012

Well I passed the CCS today but didn't think I was going to as I didn't feel like it was going very well. I am an Andrews grad but have not worked as a coder so far. ...

Passed The CPC-H Certification!
Sep 25, 2012

I just got my results in the mail from AAPC that I passed the certification exam for CPC-H! I have been an MT for decades and when my last in-house MT job was outsourced, I decided I'd better get moving on to coding. Coding is very difficult and I had quite a time completing the online CPC-H course offered by AAPC. I started in the Spring and just got certified. I want all the MTs out there to know that terminology, A&P are helpful to already know! It was not easy to get this certificat ...

Bill Passed
Mar 31, 2014

nm ...

Has Anyone Passed These Audits?
Apr 02, 2014

I have yet to pass one, how the heck, with say 3 minor errors can you possible pass these things? I want to quit so badly but have no prospective jobs. So the question boils down to basically, is at what percentage of errors are they firing people? 99.5, 99 what? I just cannot see how this is possible to do. My thoughts are that they are going to try this stupid goal and see who comes the closest to the 99.7% unrealistic BS and keep them. I also cannot see how the Indians are doing this, s ...

Any One Tested And Passed
Apr 18, 2014

from recent ad? Any action after that? Thanks.   ...

Passed The CPC Exam, What Next?
Aug 11, 2014

I have been an MT for nine years and recently decided to take the CPMC course which ended in June.  I passed my CPC exam on the first try and have sent out almost 80 resumes (I kid you not) and have not been able to get a job.  Does anyone know of any companies that hire remote entry level coders with a strong medical background?  My frustration level is at its max and I am so discouraged... ...

For Those Who Passed The CCS Exam On The First Try....
Aug 28, 2014

I just received word from my tribe they are assisting me in paying for this exam.  So, it is imperitive that I pass this test.  I graduated Andrews about a year ago and because I just couldn't afford to take the exams, I didn't becomes certified.  I do know it would probably be best to sit for the CPC first, but I am a person who would rather do the hardest first and since my tribe will help, this is the direction I have decided to go.     I am worried since ...

Does MQ Let You Know If You Passed Or Failed Their Test?
Oct 03, 2010

Took the test a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.  Does anyone know if they advise you of a pass/fail, or do you only hear from them if you pass and are offered a position? TIA? ...

Past/passed Sludge
Jan 23, 2011

Acute pancreatitis - rule out past/passed sludge.  ??   Is it past or passed?  Thanks ...

Passed Up A Great Job Offer
Feb 19, 2013

I had a job offer with a local hospital as a transcriptionist making 15.37 an hour which would be a raise from my dead end job I have now of scheduling. I have been a transcriptionist for 14 years and had to take a totally different job just to get a paycheck when our department was outsourced last year. So on a whim I applied when I saw a job opening at the same hospital that outsourced the entire transcription department. I was offered the job and accepted it but my husband was so stressed abo ...

L Just Passed My Finals With CareerSteps
Apr 23, 2013

I just passed my finals with CareerSteps. Are there jobs out there for someone like me being new? I am a disabled Veteran and would like to work for the VA Hospital here in Denver or is it better to work independently as a contractor? Thanks!! ...

Anyone Out There Recently Passed The Mttest.com
Mar 07, 2014

HELP? Has anyone out there recently passed the mttest.com (created by Career Step) that most all companies are utilizing to prescreen their candidates? I am a Career Step graduate (high honors) with many years� experience working for a very large global transcription company; yet I cannot seem to pass the aforementioned test to save my life. I find this strange for the following reasons: 1. I passed the same (or nearly the same) test, on the 1st try, with a 99% combined score t ...

LANDesk Deadline Has Passed
Oct 17, 2014

The LANDesk deadline has passed.  Has anyone NOT downloaded it?     ...

Has Anyone NOT Passed The Background Check For Diskriter? Sm
May 05, 2011

I assume they would let you know.   I was hired, but never heard back from them after that.  I know that my credit score is pretty bad right now ... hope that did not cost me a job.    Still, I would think they would let me know. ...