A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just spent 15 minutes for FREE.... - MTFedUp

Posted: May 14, 2015

typing 8 referring physicians and full addresses in cc because NONE of them were listed in their directory.  FREE!  You are welcome MModal!

Last week, I had typed 1100 seconds before the doctor said, "delete all that!"  FREE!  Again, you are welcome MModal!

When will they be done lying to get "new blood" so I can get fired already?

I had a "delete all that" - yesterday. I sent what I had completed

[ In Reply To ..]
to the client with a note saying "Doctor said to delete this report." My time is worth something. Let 'em call me about it.

deleted reports - tootsie

[ In Reply To ..]
If they say delete after they have dictated, we do not delete the text. We put dictation ends here and send it on.

Actually dictation ends here is for when dictation is - cut off not a request to delete

[ In Reply To ..]
If dictator requests delete work type should be changed to such, but I don't delete the text.

I've always done that... - Never had a complaint

[ In Reply To ..]
I just type at the bottom REPORT ENDED. I don't see any point in saying more and have NEVER had anyone say anything.

I did the same. changed work type to delete - but sent the complete report.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not working for free.

oh heck no - moonchild

[ In Reply To ..]
if i have typed stuff in the body of the report i definitely DO NOT DELETE it...i put a note at the bottom that the doctor said to disregard this. i am not throwing lines away.

For what it's worth, I was told in the past - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
that if they say to "cancel all that" or to delete it, I was to put DICTATION ENDS HERE and then leave a note on the job that dictator said to ignore or delete it all. That way you do get paid for your effort. I have done that since I was told, and no repercussions. SO SORRY that happened to you! (Just more proof the dictators have no clue how we are...or are NOT...paid.)

Similar Messages:

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

Lots Of Time Spent On ADT
Apr 29, 2014

I spend enormous amounts of time doing clervical work for free at the beginning of a report..looking up doctor names that are not on the lists we have been given, figuring out which is the date of admit, consult, etc.  If everything was programmed in and we just had to download a report and transcribe, we would be making a lot more and if the speech recognition would stop putting words down that the doctors are not saying so that we do not have to clean it all up we would have more time to ...

Spent Half The Morning
Jul 23, 2014

explaining why I billed what I did on an invoice.  This MD pays by the hour.  He set the hourly wage and now I have to justify why it took as long as it did.  This is a new physican whom I have worked for for only 2-3 weeks in a specialty that is new to me in a state I don't live in. Anyone else ever have to do this? ...

Another Saturday Spent Working
Feb 21, 2015

x ...

Just Spent An Hour Looking At Local Classified Ads.
Jul 31, 2010

I am such a good transcriptionist, but so very unqualified for anything else.  Even cashiers need "previous experience."  There was a housekeeping job at a local hospital and a "valet parking attendant."  Surely I can clean and park? ...

Why Are We Not Paid For Time Spent Waiting For A Job?
Mar 29, 2013

I saw this on the Nuance board. What am I missing here? It really looks like, according to the Dept of Labor, that we should be paid at least minimum wage for our time waiting for a job to pop up, and not just a lousy 15 mins per day. See the section under "waiting time." http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.htm ...

Spent More Time Manually Entering CCs
Jan 30, 2015

How is that even remotey fair? ...

Out Of Curiosity, Just Spent The Last 45 Min Listening To The DocQ 7 Tutes....sm
Dec 14, 2011

Holy Crow....I knew there were changes made, but didn't think that everything changed.  Nothing on the screen looks the same, starting with the log-in screen which is the only thing that looks simple to use.  There are stupid panels everywhere, top, bottom, left side, right side, and the poor text screen is kinda squished in the middle.  It looks waaaay more complicated than how it is now.  I just want to cry.  I really had no idea that it is basically going to invo ...

I Have Spent The Entire Night Formatting Documents.
Apr 26, 2013

It really hurts the line count bad. So far, I have had a lot of documents that require quite a bit of formatting - H&Ps, consults and ER reports from several facilities with each having different requirements and everyone wanting the ROS and PE different. Also, lack of punctation is hurting a lot too. I can't wait until I get out of here. Just 8 more months and counting! ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

Job That Took An Hour To Correct Will Not Load. Now I Have Spent At Least 10 Min Trying To Loaf It.
Jun 18, 2015

Nm ...

Pass Of Free Flow Or Passive Free Flow?
Feb 04, 2011

Negative aspiration and pass of free flow of saline into the peritoneum was observed. or is it passive free flow of saline? ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Minutes
Dec 03, 2009

Are there any companies that pay minutes or line count whichever equals the most? I have docs that leave a lot of air space on voice files. ...

How Many Minutes?
Mar 17, 2010

Instead of wondering how many LPH one can do, I'm wondering how many minutes of editing a person should be doing in an 8-hour day.   I'm asking this because this is a discussion in the company I work for right now.  Thanks for any helpful replies. ...

15 Minutes?
Apr 07, 2010

did anyone log in after 15 minutes after scheduled time and still got in?  I downloaded a job right at the very minute my shift should have been over and it still let me download a job.  Just wandering if i can take an extra 15 minutes logging in at my next shift and still get in.  Did not get a straight answer from ccm.  She just said it will allow you 15 minutes ahead of time but nothing about logging in 15 minutes after.  TYIA.  ...

NJA For 30 Minutes.
Mar 12, 2011

Can't work, can't make any money to pay light and internet bills so I can work! ...

Did Anyone See 60 Minutes?
May 11, 2011

There was a story on the people who lost their jobs. They have COBRA, but there are no jobs, unemployment pays $200/week or so, and COBRA insurance costs $1600/month (I can't remember the exact amount). So they are jobless, losing their homes because they can't pay their mortgages, moving in with other family members, who also have lost their jobs, and of course have no medical insurance.  My heart went out to one woman when she just cried out that she didn't know where they ...

Anyone Know If We Get 10 Minutes With NJA And
Jul 05, 2011

then maybe 1 or 2 short jobs and then NJA again - do we have to wait another 15 minutes or do you count the prevous 10 minutes of waiting and just wait 5 more minutes.  I could go on all morning with waiting 8, 10, 12 minutes, then get 1 job, then wait 5 minutes, get a job and so on and so on.  Should I just add the total wait time until I get to 15 minutes or do I need to have a solid 15 minutes before I can log off? ...

How Many Minutes Do I Ask For?
Jan 20, 2012

I am just getting back into transcription, and I forgot something. I am an independent contractor, and I want to work 5 hours a day. Roughly how many minutes would that translate into so I can ask my coordinator how many minutes to give me each day? *I know it's different for everyone, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate.   ...

NJA For 40 Minutes Already
Apr 23, 2013

in the north region, anyone else?  This is getting old! ...

I Was Out For About 3 Minutes
May 25, 2015

Didnt sign off fast enough, couple more just came through..darn ...

Transcription Minutes
Jan 05, 2010

Does anyone know about how many minutes the average radiology transcriptionists types? ...

75 Minutes Of Dictation
Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation? ...

For Those Of You Who Have Received The 15 Minutes
Sep 30, 2010

how do you know you've been paid that time by looking at your pay stub? And does it show up on your time sheets as an adjustment by your CCM? The reason I ask is because I don't believe I have ever been paid this 15 minutes of time (the waiting time when we get NJA). I asked about this recently.  I asked both my CCM and payroll, and my question was never answered...it was just swept under the rug as if I never asked. I am planning to call the labor department about this becaus ...

Last Job 22 Minutes In Length And Only
Aug 02, 2011

73 freakin' lines because of the way the dictator did.  Very slow, lots of stopping and dead air, repeating himself.  In fact, he dictated the Impression 5 times and would say correction and start over.  He even had the nerve to laugh and snicker and said "to start over again".  Wish I could reach through the computer, down all lines to wherever the **** this jerk is and rip his tonsils out by hand without anesthesia. ARG.  Glad I'm done!  And he is a ESL ...

Insilun Minutes??
Sep 08, 2011

What could "insilun" be?? She was conscious immediately after the fall but became lethargic over the *insilun* minutes... Thanks! ...

Dictation In Minutes
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone know what 100 minutes of dictation equals in lines per 8-hour shift? ...

Been Out Of Work For Over 30 Minutes, But.....s/m
Jul 25, 2012

they send out email asking us to give up our weekend time to help out???  Uh, I don't think so. ...