A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

75 minutes of dictation - beNice

Posted: Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation?

Depends on how fast you are, how good you are, and ... - deb

[ In Reply To ..]
how clear/good the dictation is. Nobody could tell you exactly how long it would take without knowing all of that.

Typically a 3:1 ratio - MommaMt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Agree with Deb. sm - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If this is someone you've typed before and basically know what he's going to say before he speaks, that's one thing. If, however, this is a new doc to you or outside the realm of what you usually type, it may take twice as long.

There's no way to give an answer here not knowing the circumstances.

Similar Messages:

Dictation In Minutes
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone know what 100 minutes of dictation equals in lines per 8-hour shift? ...

How Long Does It Take You To Do 75 Minutes Of Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

How long would it take to do 75  minutes of dictation (straight typing)?  I know there are a lot of variables, but just trying to get an estimate.   Thanks ...

How Many Minutes Of Dictation Can You Do In An Hour/day On Average?
Feb 18, 2010

I was just wondering your best estimate of how many minutes of dictation you can do per hour/day. My manager is calculating that the average MT can do 100 minutes of dictation per day. This seems very low to me since I can usually do at least 20 minutes of dictation per hour with a mix of traditional typing and VR (more typing than VR). Am I just an anomaly? ...

30 Minutes And Only Get 1 Minute Worth Of Dictation
Nov 07, 2010

Don't you hate when that happens. I was all stoked up to get some lines for once and what would you know. I should have known it was too good to be true. ...

Thirty Minutes Of Dictation Per Week. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

I am applying at a company that requires at least 30 minutes of transcription a week.  As an estimate, how many hours would you say this is equivalent to?  Thanks in advance. ...

Formula To Figure Out 50 Minutes Of Dictation
Aug 15, 2013

I am needing to know how much dictation would average out to 50 minutes of dictation each day.  I know there is a formula but I cannot find it in my files?  I am looking  for PT work at least 25 to 30 hours a week?  Any info would be helpful. ...

How Does A Person Figure How Many Minutes In An Hour Of Dictation Can Do
Jan 19, 2010

I am putting in for a proofing/transcribing job with a company but i need to also write down what i need for wages by how many minutes of dictation i can do.  How do i do this?  I have never kept track of minutes/hour and how much i actually do.  It has always been 8-9 cents/line.  She says an average is 20 minutes of dictation/hour then divide by 60 and that is what i would get paid per minute anywhere between her range she has.  Does anyone know how to figure this out. ...

41 Minute Dictation! 41 MINUTES! Of The Worst Dictator!
Oct 08, 2010

Is it too much to ask on my last shift before the weekend that I get some decent work?  I swear the transcription gods are punishing me! ...

Line Counts - 38 Minutes Of Dictation Per Hour But Only Ended Up With 160 LPH?
Dec 09, 2011

I have been struggling to reach my line counts at a certain company for a while now. I thought it was me. I've been working really hard to get faster and use more shortcuts, etc. I just looked at my stats and I did 38 minutes of dictation per hour but only ended up with 160 LPH? How is that even possible? I haven't had any dictations today with a lot of dead air or anything like that. I've done 200+ minutes of dictation today and have 1400 lines to show for it. I'm just wond ...

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

Minutes
Dec 03, 2009

Are there any companies that pay minutes or line count whichever equals the most? I have docs that leave a lot of air space on voice files. ...

How Many Minutes?
Mar 17, 2010

Instead of wondering how many LPH one can do, I'm wondering how many minutes of editing a person should be doing in an 8-hour day.   I'm asking this because this is a discussion in the company I work for right now.  Thanks for any helpful replies. ...

15 Minutes?
Apr 07, 2010

did anyone log in after 15 minutes after scheduled time and still got in?  I downloaded a job right at the very minute my shift should have been over and it still let me download a job.  Just wandering if i can take an extra 15 minutes logging in at my next shift and still get in.  Did not get a straight answer from ccm.  She just said it will allow you 15 minutes ahead of time but nothing about logging in 15 minutes after.  TYIA.  ...

NJA For 30 Minutes.
Mar 12, 2011

Can't work, can't make any money to pay light and internet bills so I can work! ...

Did Anyone See 60 Minutes?
May 11, 2011

There was a story on the people who lost their jobs. They have COBRA, but there are no jobs, unemployment pays $200/week or so, and COBRA insurance costs $1600/month (I can't remember the exact amount). So they are jobless, losing their homes because they can't pay their mortgages, moving in with other family members, who also have lost their jobs, and of course have no medical insurance.  My heart went out to one woman when she just cried out that she didn't know where they ...

Anyone Know If We Get 10 Minutes With NJA And
Jul 05, 2011

then maybe 1 or 2 short jobs and then NJA again - do we have to wait another 15 minutes or do you count the prevous 10 minutes of waiting and just wait 5 more minutes.  I could go on all morning with waiting 8, 10, 12 minutes, then get 1 job, then wait 5 minutes, get a job and so on and so on.  Should I just add the total wait time until I get to 15 minutes or do I need to have a solid 15 minutes before I can log off? ...

How Many Minutes Do I Ask For?
Jan 20, 2012

I am just getting back into transcription, and I forgot something. I am an independent contractor, and I want to work 5 hours a day. Roughly how many minutes would that translate into so I can ask my coordinator how many minutes to give me each day? *I know it's different for everyone, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate.   ...

NJA For 40 Minutes Already
Apr 23, 2013

in the north region, anyone else?  This is getting old! ...

I Was Out For About 3 Minutes
May 25, 2015

Didnt sign off fast enough, couple more just came through..darn ...

Transcription Minutes
Jan 05, 2010

Does anyone know about how many minutes the average radiology transcriptionists types? ...

For Those Of You Who Have Received The 15 Minutes
Sep 30, 2010

how do you know you've been paid that time by looking at your pay stub? And does it show up on your time sheets as an adjustment by your CCM? The reason I ask is because I don't believe I have ever been paid this 15 minutes of time (the waiting time when we get NJA). I asked about this recently.  I asked both my CCM and payroll, and my question was never answered...it was just swept under the rug as if I never asked. I am planning to call the labor department about this becaus ...

Last Job 22 Minutes In Length And Only
Aug 02, 2011

73 freakin' lines because of the way the dictator did.  Very slow, lots of stopping and dead air, repeating himself.  In fact, he dictated the Impression 5 times and would say correction and start over.  He even had the nerve to laugh and snicker and said "to start over again".  Wish I could reach through the computer, down all lines to wherever the **** this jerk is and rip his tonsils out by hand without anesthesia. ARG.  Glad I'm done!  And he is a ESL ...

Insilun Minutes??
Sep 08, 2011

What could "insilun" be?? She was conscious immediately after the fall but became lethargic over the *insilun* minutes... Thanks! ...

Been Out Of Work For Over 30 Minutes, But.....s/m
Jul 25, 2012

they send out email asking us to give up our weekend time to help out???  Uh, I don't think so. ...

NJA 15 Minutes Wait
Jan 26, 2013

I waited for 14 minutes with NJA and then 1 job came up at 14 minutes when I rechecked.  I did that job and now I am again waiting now for 6 minutes.  Can I count these minutes together to report NJA or do I have to start counting over again each time I get 1 job?  Thanks! ...

Put My 6 Minutes In Timecard For NJA, But
Jan 01, 2014

put it on Thursday instead of Wednesday. I am a day ahead of myself I guess. How do I delete that off Thursday? It keeps saying something about alert when I try taking on Thursday. Any suggestions? ...

NJA (No Jobs Available) For 15 Minutes
Mar 18, 2015

Well I have now received NJA for 15 minutes.  I am personally taking myself off the mandatory overtime as there is no logical reason to have it anymore. Anybody else wanna join me?  What a crock of crap!!!!!  MM quit being logical about EVERYTHING a long time ago.  Good luck getting us to do "mandatory" overtime again because we know this will happen and we'll all laugh in your face.  ...

OOW Already 30 Minutes Into Shift
May 24, 2015

Does not bode well for the rest of the holiday weekend either.  Was off yesterday so I don't know how the work flow was then.  Just expect today and tomorrow to be  slim pickings.  ...

Emergency Maintenance In 2 Minutes - DQS?
Mar 25, 2010

When did this get scheduled? Just noticed it.   We will be performing emergency maintenance beginnning at 12:00 pm Eastern 3/25/2010 and lasting for up to 10 minutes. There may be a brief interruption of some services for DocQmanage and DocQscribe users. ...