A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New employee help - Inquiring minds

Posted: Sep 10, 2012

Has anyone out there accepted a job but then not been able to work because of technical issues?  I accepted a FT transcription position, did the necessary paper work and went through the remote set up on my PC.  I trained on the platform for 2 hours and spent another hour or so beginning to learn the account specs and editing a few voice files, all of that went well. The next time I tried to sign in, I could sign in to the VPN but not Ex Editor, it says to contact the system administrator, which I did over the weekend.  I was only going to be working a few hours in the evenings to begin with because my other job has not ended yet, but I made plans to leave a couple of weeks early in anticipation of starting my new job.  I'm concerned that there are going to be problems with my set up that will prevent me from doing this job.  Does anyone have any advice?

It's a profile setting that needs to be changed - dmj

[ In Reply To ..]
Having previously been a systems administrator for a Dictaphone Enterprise Software System (DESS) that utilized ExEditor, it is more than likely a permissions issue associated with your profile that the administrator needs to change. Copy down the message verbatim to provide to the system administrator. Also, indicate at what point you get this message, e.g., right as you try to log into ExEditor? That will help pinpoint what setting needs to be adjusted.

It's a great sign that you can get into the VPN, so the situation is really with the settings on your profile. Not much you can do but have the systems administrator take a look at your profile.

Thanks - Inquiring minds

[ In Reply To ..]
They're working on it....

Similar Messages:

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

IC Or Employee?
Jan 18, 2011

Looks like the law is as gray as I've always thought. ...

IC Vs. Employee
Sep 01, 2011

I have only had one long-term position as an employee for an MT company. Left to get some work out in the "real world" but am in a position to return to an at-home job. Can someone explain the differences between an IC and an employee? What can I expect from applying for those jobs, and how does it affect your taxes, etc.? Thanks in advance!  ...

New Employee
Sep 15, 2011

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever post anything friendly, kind, useful, thankful, etc. regarding MedQuist? Iâm a new employee and due to a recent acquisition would be out of a job without their support. Before accepting the offer I researched the company quite a bitâ¦M*Model merger, DocQscribe, stock prices and company growth to name a few. All this enables me to say that Iâm employed by the #1 transcription company in the country and dang proud of itï ...

Possible That I May Be A MQ Employee Soon
Oct 20, 2011

Hi everyone,  It seems the hospital I am employed by may be outsourcing completely to mq. Rumor has it, if this happens then the 20 or so MTs will be going to MQ or not have a job. Can anyone tell me what I am looking at if that happens, trying to figure out if I should be looking for employment elsewhere.  here are my main questions:  1.  Is there a starting pay or is everyone paid differently? 2.  Is there a schedule or is it flexible? 3.  What kind of benefi ...

As A FT Employee, Do I Have To
Sep 19, 2012

take lunch?  If you say yes, please provide some sort of link/proof. ...

Which Is Better, Employee Or IC?
Dec 16, 2014

I am a part time employee of an MTSO. In California the min wage is $9/hr, which means at 0.85/line for editing my LPH must add up to $9, while MTs in other states may only have to make $7.50 or so to remain employed. My Team Leader said that is somewhat unfortunate for me; as a 1 year out-of-school newbie I'm not as fast as other MTs.  A few years ago I was an IC and I recall they did have a minimum line count per day but I don't recall having to produce more than ...

Statutory Employee ?
Feb 11, 2010

Just exactly what does statutory employee status mean?  I was recently changed from independent contractor to this?  Never was that before, I don't quite understand it.  Please help.  Thanks in advance. ...

Medquist Employee
Feb 28, 2010

Does anyone else work for Medquist? I have been working for them for 8 years now and am getting really fed up with their unrealistic policies!! I swear 85% of the executives for that company have never even transcribed one report including my own supervisor. They want to you to maintain 98% accuracy while following every single clients nit-picky policies and then having to translate about 85% of the transcription received from foreign doctors....while maintaining a 150 line per hour production b ...

Sounds Like They Want An Employee, Not An IC
Jun 30, 2010

"Surgical Notes a national provider of transcription services for ambulatory surgery centers has an immediate part time opening for a qualified QA/Proofer.  The independent contractor position will be from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST Monday through Friday. The pay is $17.00 per hour." It's not a bad offer, but considering taxes and insurance.... it's probably closer to 12 bucks an hour, not to mention the hours/days set. ...

Statuatory Employee
Apr 27, 2010

Curious to know if anyone on this board is a statuatory employee with the company they are working for and outside of the company paying your SS tax and FWT, do you get any type of benefit, i.e., PTO, health, etc. Is it strictly just for tax purposes? Would you get a W2? Do you have to adhere to a schedule? I was a "stat" employee many years ago, when I first started and don't remember if it was just for the tax thing or if I got any benefit/s also. Thanks for any info. ...

If The Going Rate For An MT Employee Is (sm)
Sep 09, 2010

8 to 8.5 cpl why in the world are MTSOs only offering 7 to 8.5 cpl for IC status?  Don't they know the cpl is supposed to be higher for IC?  ...

Employee Or IC - The Facts From The Gov't
Jun 22, 2011

Many employers try to save money on taxes and escape liability under employment laws by getting employees to sign Independent Contractor Agreements. There are some advantages to being an independent contractor, but most people labeled as contractors are really employees. Here are the top 11 things you need to know before (or even after) you sign an Independent Contractor Agreement:   1. Intellectual property. If you are creating art, written work, computer programs or other creative w ...

Employee Health
Dec 02, 2010

I am assuming that the phrase "Employee Health" would be capitalized if the doctor says, " The patient is to return to Employee Health in 1 month, sooner if needed." Should it be capitalized? ...

Do We Have Any Employee Rights?
Jan 18, 2011

Can someone please advise on this scenario? You are hired with a company to do specific jobs.  For 9 months you work as hard as you can for this company, and then you are told you will need to do EVERY work type, even those you have absolutely NO experience doing.  You are told 20 minutes before your shift that this is the case, and now all you are getting is not only work types you are not familiar with, but ESL doctors on top of that.  Production PLUMMETS. Just deal with it?&n ...

Employee Status
Mar 29, 2011

I would like some info regarding what companies provide employee status and what are the terms?  how many lines are expected per day or per pay period.  Any info would be appreciated - thanks!   ...

IC Versus Employee
May 14, 2011

This post is not what you probably thought it was going to be.  I am not going to list the pros and cons of being an IC or am employee. It appears that MTSOs are "fudging" on these two classifications of workers to get the advantages. For example, as an IC you make your own hours.  There is no schedule; that is the nature of being an IC.  Yet these MTSOs want you to work a set schedule.  Another example:  You are hired as an employee.   Because you're an employee, you shoul ...

Nuance Employee Here
Jun 02, 2011

Here I sit waiting for work once again. So far since 9 pm, there has been nothing, not one dictation. So basically, I am watching tv and surfing the net in between checking the computer for work. I have 2 accounts too. That's what's so bad. Two accounts and no work. Hopefully, I can get a job at a local hospital soon. ...

From A Grandfathered Employee Of MQ
Jul 12, 2011

You have successfully cut my pay over a dollar and a quarter.  ALL YOU BOARD OF DIRECTORS have NOT cut your pay, but in fact have gone up in pay with bonuses totaling over over a 1 million and a half in pay.  HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY AND HAVE A SOUND SLEEP DURING THE NIGHTS FOR DOING THIS!!! For this company, in years past, I have been called at all hours in the morning, 03:00 hours to type up YOUR STAT reports.  Never called in sick and loved working for The MRC Group.  Then you ...

IC Versus Employee?
Aug 02, 2011

Would anyone care to share their preference as to IC versus employee? I am curious as to which is best and thinking of switching to employee status.  ...

New Employee At Amphion
Aug 22, 2011

Hello, Has anyone else with many years experience had difficulty getting up to your average lines in a day with Amphion? Any problems with audio on certain platforms/accounts? Any other constructive feedback would be appreciated. Struggling with whether I can stay on much longer and I am definitely not a quitter. Thanks.    ...

Revenue Per Employee
Sep 17, 2011

Just a tidbit - wonder which group of employees this pertains to?? Transcend Services is Among the Companies in the Health Care ...Investor's Business DailyTranscend Services (TRCR) ranks first with an RPE of $56K; MedQuist (MEDQ) ranks second with an RPE of $62K; and Computer Programs & Systems (CPSI) ranks ... ...

I Am Not Currently An MQ Employee, But I Wondered
Dec 04, 2011

I was contacted by an MQ recruiter saying she wanted to schedule an interview for me at a certain time on a day I was gone all day.  I emailed her and told her I was so sorry, but had just now seen the email.  I have not heard from her again and this was last Monday.  Is this the way MQ does things always? ...

Trying To Decide Between Employee And IC...
Dec 08, 2011

I am a little math challenged.  Does anyone know which would be better (general ballpark idea) employee at 8 cpl, or IC at 9 cpl?  I do not need the insurance, as I have private insurance, so strictly paywise.  Is it better to take the lower cpl and not have to pay the entire tax, or the higher cpl and pay all taxes?  TIA.  ...

IC V Employee Part 2
Feb 29, 2012

As noted below in this discussion, it's been pointed out working a schedule does NOT necessarily make you an employee.   If you receive less extensive instructions about  what should be done, but not how it should be  done, you may be an independent contractor.  For instance, instructions about time and place  may be less important than directions on how the  work is performed.  ï¢ Training – if the business provi If you receive less ...

Employee Versus IC
Apr 17, 2012

Can anyone give me feedback on switching from IC to an employee from home? I'm thinking about doing it but unsure if it would be wise .. It seems like the grass would be greener on the other side (in terms of benefits, W2 status for taxes, etc) but I hate to give up my freedom as IC unless it is REALLY worth it in the end. Also, is making 8 cpl after 4 years reasonable wage? Thanks for any input!! ...

New Stentel MT/ME Employee ???
Apr 26, 2012

Hey folks! This is an amazing forum. Even for the SPOUSE of a MT!! You guys have answered many questions I/we have had over her time with CSteps and now as a new hire.  Here is a fairly nebulous question. I am curious and wondering if someone out there would have some insight. Can anyone tell me what my wifes first month's pay will look like? She started at Stentel April 1. They only pay once a month. She gets .03 per line. We are just wondering how much her first check will be... An ...

Regarding IC Vs Employee Status, Does Anyone Know
Jun 04, 2012

if you can do both?  I work for a company as employee (takes out taxes, etc.), and was offered a PT job as IC (no taxes out).  Can I do both?  Do I just claim each one separately on taxes? ...

Difference Between IC And Employee - S/m
Jul 21, 2012

Job hunting -:( not fun.  I see some places paying 8 and 4 cpl, seems to be the going rate but my question is - some places are IC and some have employee status.  Other than the obvious benefits, why would you want to be an IC?  I was self-employed with my husband years ago and it was a nightmare.  Had to pay $5000 for self-employment tax just to begin with.   Thanks for any info ! ...