A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How is it that the worse dictators seem to gather to the same hospitals? - Or is lack of hospital dictation assertiveness nm

Posted: Aug 14, 2010

xx

birds of a feather. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

CONSIDER THIS - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There are enough of them to go around, plus they are all poorly trained and learn from each other. Their bad habits are never corrected. The HIM and account managers seem to treat them like better than Gods and worse than idiots, like they are off limits and not approachable, better than anyone else and not teachable.

Here's what I can't figure out - Old Broad

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to hijack the thread, but I don't know why I have AMERICAN doctors now using the phrases "30-years-old patient," "history of presenting illness," and "review of symptoms." It used to be just the ESLs who perverted the phrases like that. And these are otherwise excellent dictators. Go figure.

reL worse dictators - no need to reply

[ In Reply To ..]
I kind of wonder the same, but about this forum. Why do all the complainers gather here? It's not a "forum", but a cesspool of pitiful complainers. Almost everyone that posts here posts negatively about themself, their job, their life... They call it "venting??" If we were all in an office together, I'd lock my door to you all! I'm sick and tired of this forum and will never ever log on here again. You can't even get "help" on the word help board!!

Over and OUT.

Bye, bye - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Tsk, tsk, tsk! Are YOU complaining? nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

re: no reply - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right about that! It is very hard to get help or hear uplifting words on this forum! I like to check in anyway, just for my laughs! It's like an accident on the freeway, you know it's gonna be ugly, but you can't help but look! Haha!

Accident on Freeway - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
And just like that accident, there are stories to tell and lots of survivors. The ones who hurt them are people who drive with their heads up their butts, just like the management of this company. Your analogy makes sense,even though you had no idea whatsoever that it does.

Not only that, but one account I have, with all the bad - dictators, makes a LOT of medical mistakes!

[ In Reply To ..]
If it walks like a duck, and quacks (dictates) like a duck, it's probably a QUACK doctor.

Similar Messages:

Worse Dictators
Jun 05, 2012

I'm new to having to work work for a service. Recently the only work availabe has been the absolutely worst dictator I have ever done in my 25 years transcribing for hundreds of different doctors and specialties. With the platforms being used, can you tell if you are getting previous rejected jobs? There is no way to make more than $1. an hour with this guy. They also have Word programmed to delete one of the spaces between sentences, essentially a keystroke not being paid, as well as a ...

Is It Just My Imagination Or Is The Quality Of Dictators Out There Getting Progressively Worse?
Jul 23, 2011

I know that a lot of my perception is being influenced by the mass influx of ESL dictators over the last few years, but the problem just doesn't seem to be about accents;  it seems that the dictators are much more sloppy and careless than they used to be in time past.  Also, some of the younger ones seem to consider dictating to be some sort of a game. It's as if they do things on purpose to make the dictation more difficult (such as racing through certain portions of the nar ...

Is It Me Or Does The Dictation Quality Of The Dictators Seem Worse These Days? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I've been at this almost 30 years and it seems that today's dictators just do not care.  Yes, there were dictators "back in the day" who mumbled, shuffled papers, dictated at the speed of lightning, etc., but it didn't seem like there were as many of them.  These days, it seems like nobody cares what they're dictating or how they're dictating it.  I've had dictators clearly read over a mistake in a template (expander mistake, wrong word, etc.,), they ...

Wow, These Companies Are Getting Worse And Worse Regarding Testing...sm
Sep 01, 2010

This company's written test says that I can't use any references, but based on the questions they're asking, I'd have to be a doctor to be able to answer them!  So am I to assume that I can't use references when I work either?  So sick of jumping through hoops for these companies... ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

The Audio Seems Like It Is Getting Worse And Worse
Dec 03, 2013

on Fluency.   I have had problems with it all day.   ...

VA Hospitals
Mar 11, 2010

Has anyone ever transcribed for a VA Hospital? If so, would you mind telling me likes versus dislikes, similarities versus differences? I have 17 years of acute care experience but was wondering if VA Hospitals had any major differences. Thank you. ...

Who Has The 500 Plus Bed Hospitals?
Jun 08, 2014

Bored to friggin death with the little op notes from small hospitals.  Used to work for a large one out of California and there was never a dull moment with the dictation from that facility.  Stupid me.. I moved on when that company was bought out.  Should have stuck it out for the account alone. ...

Why Don't Hospitals . . .
Aug 22, 2014

. . . and larger medical facilities hire disenfranchised MLS to dictate their doctors notes instead of sleep deprived nurses and residents who can't put 2 words together???  I'm not saying all RNs and residents dictate poorly, but in my experience a huge proportion leave a lot to be desired.   What with the doctor and nurse shortage, doesn't it make sense to utilize the MLS' command of medical language?   It would free up the nurses for nursing, the ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...

Nuance Ad Says 90% Of US Hospitals. Sm.
Jul 10, 2012

Has anyone looked at the latest Nuance ad on the Job Seeker's Board?  Note, this ad claims they now have 90% of the hospitals in the US as customers.  90%! I wonder if this is correct.   ...

Do You Think MTSOs/hospitals Keep An MT
Jul 23, 2012

I've been applying and applying for every in house MT job that comes along in my area.  I have the skills, I have the experience, and all that.  Even for jobs where I would have been a perfect fit, I'm always passed over.   Although I'm applying for in house, I realize that many of them also have outside vendors for overflow, or did in the past, and are transitioning back to in house.  For quite some time, I've had a suspicion that one bad-apple ...

Is It Me Or Is ASR Just Getting Worse And Worse? Sm
Jun 26, 2010

I get really good dictators and the stupid machine screws up what is said and I am changing things all the time!  It is very frustrating and I should be getting more pay than I am because of this crap! ...

Which Is Worse?
Jul 27, 2010

Been sitting here a lot of the morning with NJA.  Then I finally get a 500+ second job and by George if it isn't a female resident who sounds like one of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz.  I can't win anymore.  Let's see -- alcohol or drugs. . . . . . ...

Is It Me, Or Is DQS ASR Worse Every Day? (sm)
Sep 20, 2010

I thought this ASR crap was supposed to get better as it "learns" the doctors and their frequently-used phrases... didn't someone say that back in training? I'm talking about DSG in particular, but I know a lot of people use DQS ASR, so please bear with me. So, how come it now can't seem to get a single sentence without major corrections having to be done? I'm about ready to apply at McDonald's if this keeps up... my pay is about 1/3 of what it was when we did straight ...

Can It Really Get Worse?
Feb 14, 2011

I was terminated for reasons I won't go into here--after 9+ years at my last employer.  Thing is--I was looking anyway and informed potential employers that the company just was "no longer a good fit."  What finally tipped the balance was an e-mail we got a few months ago stating that after an MT had sent a certain percentage of reports to editing for comprehension issues, for instance, they would be penalized 0.03 cpl for doing so! Assuming this is legal, IMO, it's immoral ...

It Keeps Getting Worse
Feb 14, 2011

Now MTSO are offering 7 cents a line transcription and 3 cents editing??  When are we experienced MTs going to say enough is enough.  8 cents and 4 cents was bad enough, guess this is what they will try and get away with. ...

Worse Than Having No Job???
May 02, 2011

Hello all,I've been reading your messages regarding MedQuist and I'm a little confused about something. I see that most people are complaining about how horrible they are to work for, but what I'm wondering is, isn't working for them better than not having a job at all? I have only a little experience and am having a very difficult time finding work. I have been contacted by MedQuist and all of this talk makes me nervous. I am in dire need of a job though, so I'm thinkin ...

And It Gets Worse....
Oct 12, 2011

Had not heard of this before. Now it is automated dictation.  You know how the national weather service bulletins are computer generated voices, chopping and mispronouncing words, monotone, etc.?  Just got a call from a fellow MTE who is transcribing this type of dictation.  Very difficult.  I am disgusted.  All this technology has done is add steps to to accomplish a very simple job.  When I started in a doctor's office 30 years ago, we typed the dictation, pl ...

How Much Worse Can This ASR Get?
Jan 24, 2012

Dictator: The patient has a history of rheumatoid arthritis. ASR: The patient does have prior history of 12/11.   SERIOUSLY!!! ...

This Just Keeps Getting Worse
Apr 08, 2012

Dr dictates:  Levothyroxine ASR:  We both.  I are ox and Ludicrous! ...

Is It Really That Much Worse Than MM?
Feb 21, 2013

I really, really need another PT job right now, already work at MM, but am really getting close to broke.  I have looked and am still looking for other non-MT jobs, but need extra money now.   I just look at it as temporary.  I can do anything temporarily until I find something else.  Is it really that bad?  I read about the bad QA and FIESA.  I live in Ca, so IC is out of the question.  I guess I am just hoping part time will not be so stressful.&nbs ...

NJA-Seems A Whole Lot Worse
Jun 20, 2013

than before! ...

Does Anyone Else Do Worse When...
Mar 28, 2014

Like when you start a job and are on 100% QA. I am so nervous that I am missing so much that I shouldn't be missing.  A lot of it is having to learn a new platform and new dictators all at the same time.  For the first couple of days after their tech installed programs on my PC they were giving me instructions and the programs weren't working.  They had a different tech look at my PC and one of the programs wasn't even installed.  It seems like takes forever t ...

Why This Job Keeps On Getting Worse
Jun 11, 2014

The promise of the information age was as shiny as a brand new penny:  The availability of INFORMATION would make life better because we would have ready access to RELEVANT INFORMATION that would allow us to make INFORMED DECISIONS. Well, that promise assumes that people SHARE the information that they have, and hopefully do it in an honest and objective way. MT?  Ummm...Not so much.  I'm sick of this:  "I work for a great company that has a good platform, pays well an ...

Just When You Think MM ASR Can't Get Any Worse
May 01, 2015

Dictated:  Family history reviewed and noncontributory to his illness. SR:  Reviewed and noncontributory to her buttocks.   Got a good giggle on an otherwise horrible day! ...

5 Hospitals No Work...Is This Normal?
Jan 05, 2010

I'n new to working from home, only 3 months now, but have been a transcriptionist for 6 years.  The company I work for has me on 5 different hospital accounts.  They are all rehabilitation hospitals (acute) and do H&P, discharge summaries, daily notes, consultations, etc and I am constantly out of work.   Some days I have no work at all.  Pay is 0.0775 line except headers/footers.  Is this normal?  Each hospital is at least a 50 bed hospital.  I f ...

What Happened To The Thread On The V.A. Hospitals?
Mar 12, 2010

There were some postings on V.A. Hospitals here just yesterday.  Why are they gone?  There were comments about companies that had contracts with the V.A.  Why are they missing?  Does anyone know what is going on?  Are our comments being censored?  Need to know. ...

Golden Opportunity For Hospitals Right Now!
Nov 11, 2010

As we all know, thanks to the way most MTSOs operate, there is currently a glut of experienced, talented, highly-qualified MTs who are looking for something better than just a chickenfeed job at a national.       Some hospitals have begun to question the quality of work they're getting back from the nationals (and the HIPAA compliance), since ever-increasing amounts of the work those nationals have is getting offshored.    & ...