A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What happened to the thread on the V.A. hospitals? - Daylo

Posted: Mar 12, 2010

There were some postings on V.A. Hospitals here just yesterday.  Why are they gone?  There were comments about companies that had contracts with the V.A.  Why are they missing?  Does anyone know what is going on?  Are our comments being censored?  Need to know.

Look at the Company Board. They are there where - they are supposed to be. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I saw it there after I posted, but - Daylo

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought that board was reserved for the companies who were actually called out by name. Just confused about the distinction, I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Similar Messages:

What Happened To Thread?
Jul 19, 2011

I cannot find the long thread that started with Tracy's posting. ...

What Happened To The TAA Thread?
Jan 29, 2013

what happened to the thread where Poorhouse gets to go back to school through the TAA petition? That was valuable information.  Can't imagine why it got deleted. ...

Spaces - What Happened To That Thread? NM
Jul 21, 2011

Did it go viral?  It was about not being paid for spaces. ...

What Happened To The Thread Originated By The Indian MT? SM
Dec 23, 2010

An MT from India started a thread, and there were a few responses, now the entire thing is gone.  What happened? ...

What Happened To The Thread About The MT That Sent A Letter To MQ Mgmt?
Sep 27, 2011

It was on here yesterday. She got a typical suit response. Did the Q have it deleted? Wouldn't be surprised. I've noticed a lot of negative posts about different companies vanish from this site. ...

Did You See The Thread
May 13, 2015

There's a thread on the Coding board where someone got her first coding job and got a higher salary because of her MT experience. Finally someone recognizes that we have value. It's a shame that it has to be a coding employer instead of an MT employer, but that's the way it is. MTSOs don't appreciate their employers; coding employers do. They demonstrate that by PAYING for services done, not continuous abusive e-mail, IM, and paycuts.   ...

Another QA Question Thread From Below
Dec 15, 2009

I am moving this up to the top because I think it is an important issue.  I am referring to my post below about looking at old reports and seeing the work of another MT at my company.  It was a VR report that was obviously not edited or just skimmed over.  I will look at other reports from this MT, and if I see more than 2 or 3 more with the same problems, I will report it.  As was said below, it is above all an issue of patient safety.  I am concerned about my ...

VR Person From Thread Way Down Below.
Jan 20, 2010

When a company decides to make an account VR, are all the reports a mess to begin with for weeks or months until the voice engine (sorry if that's the wrong term) learns from the "straight" transcription that is done?  Why do different platforms matter (i.e., E-scription versus M-Modal, etc).  Is it possible for a company to get an account and make it VR from day 1, or do they have MTs do regular transcription on it for awhile? I guess I'm just trying to figure outwhat I sho ...

The Long Thread Below
Jun 02, 2013

I am the OP of the long thread below.  In it someone says that MM has high standards and if you can't meet them, it's your problem.  Well, this company does not have high standards.  What it has done is create artificially high and unrealistic standards for the MT only so that they can find as many ways possible to reduce their salaries or terminate them if they so desire.  If they had high standards they would periodically review the dictionary and take out all the ...

Audits And The Thread Below
Dec 04, 2013

I want to repeat this for those who may have missed it and I am not looking for pity.   Was moved to a new account after 4 years on 2 very difficult accounts with only 1 or 2 failed audits (and was always given a second chance).  After 24 hours on the new account and telling them there was one particulary dictator I could not hear because he kept moving away from the phone, they audited me, included reports from that dictator, and immediately put me on 100% QA at which point I finally ...

TTS: IC Questions. I've Read The Thread Below. Nothing To Do With That.
Feb 08, 2010

If you're an IC there, what is the schedule like?  Can you choose it?  Sam, no need to reply.  Thanks. ...

To Answer A Question On The IC Thread Below, Someone
Mar 15, 2010

asked, "I am trying to get a grasp on the IC vs employee thing but I don't understand why a company would want to hire an IC then?" No one has answered this as of yet.   Why would a company hire an IC then?  Because they don't have to take out taxes, (including their share of Social Security), and they do not have to provide benefits.   All they have to do is cut the IC a check, and then the IC is responsible for all the taxes, including all of the Social Sec ...

Missing VA Thread With Link
Mar 17, 2010

I saw another thread yesterday discussing VA transcription and someone had posted a couple of links regarding companies who were bidding on upcoming contracts....can't find it now.  Did someone save this or can the OP post again?  Much appreciated.. ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

So Depressing, I Have Been Reading The Thread Below (sm)
Mar 12, 2011

regarding line counts, pay, etc.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 23 years, have experience in multiple specialties although orthopedics, neurology and cardiology are my favorite, and I barely bring home $600.00 every 2 weeks.  That is with me working 10-12 hours a day, 5 and 6 days a week.  I have been searching high and low for a new company, hating to jump ship, but desperately needing to earn more.  My statement to those earning more than 600-800 a WEEK .. ...

Oh Wow That Whole Big Thread On The Main Board
Jan 30, 2013

Now if we could just get rid of the one below! ...

From Thread Below, Clocking Out For Potty Break?
Jan 20, 2011

I never clock out for breaks.  Am I supposed to?  I am scheduled for 4 hours at a time with a 1-hour break in the middle.  If I clock out for a break, don't I have to make up the time at the end of my shift?  I don't wanna do that.  I take a break whenever I feel like it.  I can't type 4 hours straight.  How does it work for everybody else? ...

Entire Ks Late Pay Thread Completely Gone.
Nov 20, 2011

I have been a participant of this board for many years. When an enire thread disappears, I realize other boards are more MT friendly.  I will not be back.  ...

On Main Board There Is A Thread Scaring Me
Dec 12, 2011

On the main board there is a message titled "Gotta Vent" and the following replies regarding coding have made me sick to my stomach, especially because a couple people stated seeing their coding departments wiped out by the EMR systems. Could someone shed some light on this?  I am in a coding class now and I am not feeling so hot....but be honest. Thank you!  ...

Enjoy Your Job? (A Positive Thread For Change)
Oct 31, 2012

Just wanted to find out how many of us out there are loving our jobs? Personally, I'm currently in a position to have to choose between the day job that I love as a receptionist in a Fortune 500 company where I live in Colorado, and my night job where I spend about 5 hours an evening transcribing for a great ortho group out in New Jersey through a fantastic transcription company in the same state called DocuMed, and I can't decide which to keep!  I've been with both for abou ...

VA Hospitals
Mar 11, 2010

Has anyone ever transcribed for a VA Hospital? If so, would you mind telling me likes versus dislikes, similarities versus differences? I have 17 years of acute care experience but was wondering if VA Hospitals had any major differences. Thank you. ...

Who Has The 500 Plus Bed Hospitals?
Jun 08, 2014

Bored to friggin death with the little op notes from small hospitals.  Used to work for a large one out of California and there was never a dull moment with the dictation from that facility.  Stupid me.. I moved on when that company was bought out.  Should have stuck it out for the account alone. ...

Why Don't Hospitals . . .
Aug 22, 2014

. . . and larger medical facilities hire disenfranchised MLS to dictate their doctors notes instead of sleep deprived nurses and residents who can't put 2 words together???  I'm not saying all RNs and residents dictate poorly, but in my experience a huge proportion leave a lot to be desired.   What with the doctor and nurse shortage, doesn't it make sense to utilize the MLS' command of medical language?   It would free up the nurses for nursing, the ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...

Nuance Ad Says 90% Of US Hospitals. Sm.
Jul 10, 2012

Has anyone looked at the latest Nuance ad on the Job Seeker's Board?  Note, this ad claims they now have 90% of the hospitals in the US as customers.  90%! I wonder if this is correct.   ...

Do You Think MTSOs/hospitals Keep An MT
Jul 23, 2012

I've been applying and applying for every in house MT job that comes along in my area.  I have the skills, I have the experience, and all that.  Even for jobs where I would have been a perfect fit, I'm always passed over.   Although I'm applying for in house, I realize that many of them also have outside vendors for overflow, or did in the past, and are transitioning back to in house.  For quite some time, I've had a suspicion that one bad-apple ...

Thread About Accredited Colleges/Schools - School Loans - And Oppressive Debt Resulting From Them -
Jan 07, 2012

There's an interesting thread on the New MT board about accredited schools, school loans, and oppressive debt students are facing. I did a search today and there are dozens of articles talking about how students are thousands of dollars in debt for student loans when the education they got was so poor that they can't find a job at all. Others can find a job, but it will take 20-30 years for them to pay back the student loans.  They went to those schools because they got pressured ...

5 Hospitals No Work...Is This Normal?
Jan 05, 2010

I'n new to working from home, only 3 months now, but have been a transcriptionist for 6 years.  The company I work for has me on 5 different hospital accounts.  They are all rehabilitation hospitals (acute) and do H&P, discharge summaries, daily notes, consultations, etc and I am constantly out of work.   Some days I have no work at all.  Pay is 0.0775 line except headers/footers.  Is this normal?  Each hospital is at least a 50 bed hospital.  I f ...

Golden Opportunity For Hospitals Right Now!
Nov 11, 2010

As we all know, thanks to the way most MTSOs operate, there is currently a glut of experienced, talented, highly-qualified MTs who are looking for something better than just a chickenfeed job at a national.       Some hospitals have begun to question the quality of work they're getting back from the nationals (and the HIPAA compliance), since ever-increasing amounts of the work those nationals have is getting offshored.    & ...