A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Who has the 500 plus bed hospitals? - nn

Posted: Jun 08, 2014

Bored to friggin death with the little op notes from small hospitals.  Used to work for a large one out of California and there was never a dull moment with the dictation from that facility.  Stupid me.. I moved on when that company was bought out.  Should have stuck it out for the account alone.

I am questioning as to why there would be small op notes - from small place as compared to large

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe not as many op notes but a gallbladder is a gallbladder.

I work for a surgicenter after working for a university hospital and - Little ORs

[ In Reply To ..]
believe me I could probably do Colons and EGDs myself by now. Small boring reports. Need to get back to the big boys because I am just bored but with the job market right now not so easy.

same-0, same-0.. - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
The more complicated accident victims reconstructive type surgeries are just not done routinely at little facilities. EGD,colonoscopy, appy, chole. How many can you do and still find them interesting????

None. Of course we have basal cells etc. After doing what - Little ORs

[ In Reply To ..]
you mention as well as lung transplants and things along those lines I would have to say I miss that but unfortunately those jobs are now overseas.

I loved doing ER. sm - Feather Tuscadero

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to do ER notes for many different hospitals of different sizes from every corner of the U.S. While we certainly had endless amounts of UTIs and costochondritis and kidney stones, there was never a day without something wacky, unbelievable, celebrity, or unique. Also kept it interesting just hearing where and how different accidents happened. Once had a chart of a fighter pilot who had to eject from his plane while running a test mission; things like that kept it interesting. Wish I could tell you the celeb charts, but my lips are sealed on those!
you should not be discussing any of this at all! - jj
[ In Reply To ..]
not professional at all!!
I hope teachers at medical schools - do not share your idea
[ In Reply To ..]
about what is professional. If case studies, complete with circumstances, etiologies, and other medical details, were off-limits, how do you suppose medical students would ever learn anything? You are allowed to talk about these facts. There is nothing unprofessional in talking about these things as long as you do not provide information in which the patient could be identified.
not speaking of case studies above - lmao
[ In Reply To ..]
speaking of movie stars and pilots
i would say this is not a valid comparison

An MM MT working for that - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
movie star hospital out in Los Angeles since 1999. A tertiary care institution, the largest private hospital west of the Mississippi.

Come join us on the dark side. It's most interesting.

for shame for shame.. - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you gave absolutely too much information. You said "all over the country" and gave three of the most transcribed diagnoses out there....oh don't forget about that random pilot comment. Oh for shame, you have just blown your cover. We definitely know who you are now and all of the patient identities......good grief. If you can pinpoint any transcriptionist/patient based on this you must be psychic! If you are psychic, tell me which finger I'm holding up?

for shame for shame was for JJ - put it in wrong comment spot n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
dd

horribly unprofessional - jj

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

you should not be discussing or disclosing - jj

[ In Reply To ..]
ANY INFORMATION IN ANY CHART
If that were the case - no one could ever discuss
[ In Reply To ..]
a case study. How ridiculous. We are never to discuss or disclose personally identifiable information. General information that does not identify the patient can be and is discussed in any public forum.
You are so wrong and would be fired from any hospital. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Try your discussion in-house and they will find HIPAA to get you fired. An MT was looking up a room number and was fired. Another said she just completed an x-ray on a patient, and we were told we would be fired if we typed our own report or a family members....so yes, you crossed the line. Doctors have a professional forum in which to discuss cases and this is also in conjunction with learning or the patient's consent. They say women always have a price...surely sounds like you'd be the one I'd never want to type anything related to myself nor my family member. Shameful that people are so loose tongued. Shame on you.
You need to educate yourself regarding HIPAA - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You are spouting incorrect information.

Similar Messages:

VA Hospitals
Mar 11, 2010

Has anyone ever transcribed for a VA Hospital? If so, would you mind telling me likes versus dislikes, similarities versus differences? I have 17 years of acute care experience but was wondering if VA Hospitals had any major differences. Thank you. ...

Why Don't Hospitals . . .
Aug 22, 2014

. . . and larger medical facilities hire disenfranchised MLS to dictate their doctors notes instead of sleep deprived nurses and residents who can't put 2 words together???  I'm not saying all RNs and residents dictate poorly, but in my experience a huge proportion leave a lot to be desired.   What with the doctor and nurse shortage, doesn't it make sense to utilize the MLS' command of medical language?   It would free up the nurses for nursing, the ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...

Nuance Ad Says 90% Of US Hospitals. Sm.
Jul 10, 2012

Has anyone looked at the latest Nuance ad on the Job Seeker's Board?  Note, this ad claims they now have 90% of the hospitals in the US as customers.  90%! I wonder if this is correct.   ...

Do You Think MTSOs/hospitals Keep An MT
Jul 23, 2012

I've been applying and applying for every in house MT job that comes along in my area.  I have the skills, I have the experience, and all that.  Even for jobs where I would have been a perfect fit, I'm always passed over.   Although I'm applying for in house, I realize that many of them also have outside vendors for overflow, or did in the past, and are transitioning back to in house.  For quite some time, I've had a suspicion that one bad-apple ...

5 Hospitals No Work...Is This Normal?
Jan 05, 2010

I'n new to working from home, only 3 months now, but have been a transcriptionist for 6 years.  The company I work for has me on 5 different hospital accounts.  They are all rehabilitation hospitals (acute) and do H&P, discharge summaries, daily notes, consultations, etc and I am constantly out of work.   Some days I have no work at all.  Pay is 0.0775 line except headers/footers.  Is this normal?  Each hospital is at least a 50 bed hospital.  I f ...

What Happened To The Thread On The V.A. Hospitals?
Mar 12, 2010

There were some postings on V.A. Hospitals here just yesterday.  Why are they gone?  There were comments about companies that had contracts with the V.A.  Why are they missing?  Does anyone know what is going on?  Are our comments being censored?  Need to know. ...

Golden Opportunity For Hospitals Right Now!
Nov 11, 2010

As we all know, thanks to the way most MTSOs operate, there is currently a glut of experienced, talented, highly-qualified MTs who are looking for something better than just a chickenfeed job at a national.       Some hospitals have begun to question the quality of work they're getting back from the nationals (and the HIPAA compliance), since ever-increasing amounts of the work those nationals have is getting offshored.    & ...

Does Anyone Out There Work For VA Hospitals/clinics?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello! :)  I've noticed a HUGE drop in work flow mid-Nov through mid-April and was just curious if others notice that too.  Is it just VA or is it b/c of the time of year and everyone goes south?!?  I LOVE working for this company, but it has gotten so "hot and cold" over the past 2 years.  I would love to remain working on VA accounts, but I need more consistent work throughout the year.  Any tips? ...

Question About Teaching Hospitals
Jul 08, 2011

I have a questions for the MTs who are currently working on teaching hospitals.  How do you like them and what do you feel the pros and cons are with them? ...

The Hospitals I Work For Are Going Over To Nuance -
Apr 27, 2012

I've been an IC for almost ten years, and just found out that the hospitals I work for are going to be outsourced to Nuance.  It probably won't happen for a while - they're are still in the very beginnings of transition.  When it happens we will be given the option of staying on as employees of Nuance.   From the posts I've seen on the Main Board this scares me a little bit.  I guess I would like to get the inside scoop of whether I want to work for ...

Does Anyone On Here Work For Any Of The Hospitals In Oakwood, MI. Nm
Aug 29, 2012

nm ...

What Do Hospitals Deem Important?
Oct 06, 2012

My friend works for a local hospital that I used to work for.  That institution just recently outsourced their MT department to Nuance. The hospital has hired a "Life Coach" to direct their "Learning and Development" department.  They have announced that the L&D section will be "massively expanding" in the near future.  Their mission is to come up with new worthless slogans (like they one they had in place when I worked there) to put on posters plastered all over the hospital ...

Any Hospitals That Still Hire Transcriptionists
Feb 19, 2013

Does anyone know of any hospitals that still hire transcriptionists? Please help if so...Thanks! ...

Reputable Accounts/Hospitals
Mar 01, 2014

We just lost one of the most respected hospitals in the country to EPIC.  I have a phobia about working on disreputable accounts -- the kind that hire non-English-speaking physicians who prey on old, senile, demented individuals and do consult after consult after consult.  The physicians speak little to no English and in my opinion it is all an insurance scam that the disreputable hospitals happily participate in.  Now I have no choice but to be a hippocrit and work on these types ...

I Emailed The Hospitals I Used To Work For
Dec 04, 2014

I may not hear back from them, but it made me feel better just doing it. ...

4 Different Accts, 8 Hospitals, No Work
Feb 05, 2015

TT IMEDX ...

Why Don't MTSOs And Hospitals Get Together And Have BOS Specifics For All Accounts?
Nov 07, 2009

Have been pondering this a lot lately.  Why would the hospitals and MTSOs not want to all have the same specifics so MTs could concentrate on providing an accurate report based on BOS that would then allow all healthcare providers to recognize a standard for their records?  I am so tired of switching to a new account or my backup account and having to change gears to comply with different specifics.  I have one account now that we are told to literally "might as well thr ...

How Is It That The Worse Dictators Seem To Gather To The Same Hospitals?
Aug 14, 2010

xx ...

After So Many Hospitals Suing For Fraudulent Billing
Sep 01, 2010

blacklisted or something by the hospitals.  Nope, just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  I just don't understand.  If I cheated customers over and over and over, I think the word would get out and nobody would want to do business with me.  What a world.  ...

Did MQ Lose Clients/Hospitals Across The Board?
Nov 02, 2010

I really would like to know the answer to this and wonder how to find out the true answer.  Some (all?) of the hospitals are very demand and critical, so its impossible to believe they want their work to go to India.  MQ is screwing up royally with their software for the MT's so I can imagine it is just as bad for the hospitals.  My question is why is there and why has there been so little work throught the entire US? ...

MTSOs Vs. Hospitals/Private Practice?
Dec 03, 2010

I've worked for several MT companies over the years just to end up going to another MT company for better pay, benefits, etc. Seems like a never-ending cycle. Anyone here ever worked from home directly with a hospital or private practice? Thanks for any response! ...

Re: Trend Of Hospitals Starting To Hire MTs Again:
Mar 16, 2011

Another poster below mentioned that her hospital hired its own MTs, stopped outsourcing work.  It seems like most of these jobs are in-house, but I was happy to read that her hospital had all its MTs working at home.  How I wish I could find a job like that!  The few hospitals in my part of the state that do hire on-site MTs are too far away to make commuting an option, especially with the rising gas prices.   I've been looking at hospital employee MT jobs nationwi ...

How Do Coders Dress In Hospitals, Offices, Etc?
Mar 21, 2011

I am just curious.  Do coders have to dress up in hospitals, doctor offices, clinics, etc or do they wear scrubs? ...

ANY HOSPITALS IN THE COUNTRY HIRING IN-HOUSE?
Jan 04, 2012

I was wondering if there are any hospitals that are hiring full-time transcriptionists for in-house transcriptionists -- not MTSO companies -- but actual hospitals or clinics.  I might be willing to relocate.  ...

Job Hunting - 3 Hospitals No Where Close To Me Pay......are You Ready....
Apr 30, 2012

$15/hour.  Like the good ole days.  I'm moving soon but not to those cities.  Hopefully I can find a MT in-house job, otherwise, I'm done.  I will not continue to work for these low wages while the companies make billions in revenue.  ...

What If We All Sued The Hospitals? Pls Read And Reply.
Oct 08, 2012

If HIPPA is as important as we are told.... and India does not have to abide by HIPPA,... what is to keep us from finding out if our own personal doctors and hospital off-shores there transcription to India, such as via M*Modal. If so, then could we sue our hospital for not making sure that our own personal information is not secure. If enough Americans start doing this.....it could possibly change our MT jobs. Is this a crazy idea??...or could it be possible??? ...

Does Anyone Know Of Hospitals In Phoenix That Have A Transcription Department?
Aug 08, 2013

I will be relocating there soon for my husband's job and need to find another hospital or clinic transcription job. I'll wash dishes somewhere before I go back to one of the nationals after what I experienced with Nuance purchasing my wonderful company, so I'd really like to find something in a local hospital. If they let us work remote after a short training period, pretty much anywhere in Arizona would do. Feel free to send a private message if you don't any to cause a flo ...

Which Company Handles HCA Hospitals' Transcription? Thanks. Nm
Sep 16, 2013

xxx ...