A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone NOT passed the background check for Diskriter? sm - Just curious

Posted: May 05, 2011

I assume they would let you know.   I was hired, but never heard back from them after that.  I know that my credit score is pretty bad right now ... hope that did not cost me a job.  Cry  Still, I would think they would let me know.

I am supposed to start soon, and I checked with the HR guy, just to be sure. sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they do the background check to make sure you are not some sort of felon or something. In these rough times, I'm sure there are a lot of people with less-than-stellar credit. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Doesn't Diskriter Require Background Checks?
Jul 10, 2010

NM ...

Background Check
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone out there not pass the background test through medquist ...

Encompass - Background Check?
Oct 12, 2009

How are they to work for and do they do a background check? Thanks. ...

Background Check For Coders
Apr 12, 2012

I was wondering about what on a background check would prohibit one from getting a job as a coder at a hospital.  I know the obvious, but what about a misdemeanor DUI from the late 1980s on an otherwise clean-as-a-whistle record with someone who has great credit to boot?  Would that be a deal breaker?  The applicant would have the preferred credentials in place and would otherwise be a good candidate.     ...

VA Hospital Background Check Is Horrible!
Oct 12, 2009

You must be fingerprinted and tell them what you've been doing since the day you were born. Whoever said it is just a cursory background check was lying to us. ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

Does Anyone Know What Is Involved In A VA 'low Risk" Background Check? Sm
Jan 27, 2011

Apparently anyone doing VA work has to have one.  Is it strict?  I am not proud of it, but I had a DUI about 20 years ago -- would that be something that would keep me from transcribing for the hospital?   Thanks. ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

VA Background?
Jun 06, 2011

What's "VA background?"  - voice something?  (It's in a job seeker's ad.)  Thanks. ...

I Passed!!
Mar 18, 2011

Just wanted to pass on the word that I passed the CPC this past Saturday.   To those of you who don't know me from prior posts, I took the Andrews School coding course and am a former MT of many years. ...

I Passed The CCS!
Jan 04, 2013

I passed the CCS exam yesterday!  Students out there, it can be done.  Now onto the job search, a whole other thing completely, but for now, just trying to recover and let it sink in.  I have been studying at Andrews for a whole year towards this goal and now it's here.  Thanks Andrews staff and students for all the support! ...

Will It Be A Big Disadvantage Not To Have ICD-9 Background
Apr 14, 2011

Also, which training/certification takes longer, the CCS or the CPC?  Thanks1 ...

Background Checks
Feb 25, 2014

Does anyone know if companies typically call your former employers for background checks?  I have jumped around a lot in the last several years for various reasons, and still looking for the right fit, but have applied to 10 different companies in 2 weeks and have only heard from 2. I'm wondering if my resume and recent work history is the problem. I'm an MT of 8 years, so lack fo experience is not the problem. Maybe it's the time of year? If I don't find something soon, ...

Background Interference
Jun 19, 2015

Hard to hear dictation today.  Motorcycle rally in town this weekend and they are driving up and down my street, which is a main street in the community.  Can't understand people saying that they can't hear a Harley.  I find them loud.  I was told  they put loud mufflers on them as a safety tool.  Have not been on 1 in probably 20 or more years. ...

Catchup Passed!
Jan 12, 2010

Hi everyone, I have great news. I have passed my final exam with honours! I received a 98% on objective and 96% on practical. For those who know me, I was really getting nervous about graduating from my course, but I did it. Because of my final mark I qualify for a job placement (100-hour practicum), so I am just waiting to hear what company I will be placed with...what I great way to start my 2010! Thanks for all of your support, it really did help me! Catchup- ...

Past/Passed
May 21, 2010

Rigor mortis had passed/past in all extremities. ...

Past/passed Help Please
Jul 19, 2010

used a 5-French Glide catheter and thru this passed a Spartacore wire into the popliteal artery past the stenosis.....Is this correct or am I losing my mind with these passed/past??? ...

I Passed My RDA Practical!
Dec 23, 2010

Just got notice I passed the practical for dental assisting.   Now I'm too excited to sit here and work :) Plan on taking the written test next month and then I'm out of here!!!  It hasn't been easy going to school and scraping by here, but I have to pay the bills.  I'm leaving transcription kicking and screaming.  At my age, I thought I would be doing this 'til the end of my working days.  So sad. ...

I Passed My CPC! Yeah! - Sm
Jul 14, 2011

Now the hard part - finding a job!  Very glad the testing is over - phew! ...

Passed Testing
Sep 19, 2011

I just passed testing with Breitner.  I am excited about being offered a position with standard transcription.  Anyone willing to share good/bad?  I would like to accept their offer, but now-a-days quite a nervous nelly.  Just have to work 15 more years until retirement and would love that to be with one more company!  And before anyone says it, I have researched the archives......  ...

Passed The CCS Today
May 01, 2012

Well I passed the CCS today but didn't think I was going to as I didn't feel like it was going very well. I am an Andrews grad but have not worked as a coder so far. ...

Passed The CPC-H Certification!
Sep 25, 2012

I just got my results in the mail from AAPC that I passed the certification exam for CPC-H! I have been an MT for decades and when my last in-house MT job was outsourced, I decided I'd better get moving on to coding. Coding is very difficult and I had quite a time completing the online CPC-H course offered by AAPC. I started in the Spring and just got certified. I want all the MTs out there to know that terminology, A&P are helpful to already know! It was not easy to get this certificat ...

Bill Passed
Mar 31, 2014

nm ...

Has Anyone Passed These Audits?
Apr 02, 2014

I have yet to pass one, how the heck, with say 3 minor errors can you possible pass these things? I want to quit so badly but have no prospective jobs. So the question boils down to basically, is at what percentage of errors are they firing people? 99.5, 99 what? I just cannot see how this is possible to do. My thoughts are that they are going to try this stupid goal and see who comes the closest to the 99.7% unrealistic BS and keep them. I also cannot see how the Indians are doing this, s ...

Any One Tested And Passed
Apr 18, 2014

from recent ad? Any action after that? Thanks.   ...

Passed The CPC Exam, What Next?
Aug 11, 2014

I have been an MT for nine years and recently decided to take the CPMC course which ended in June.  I passed my CPC exam on the first try and have sent out almost 80 resumes (I kid you not) and have not been able to get a job.  Does anyone know of any companies that hire remote entry level coders with a strong medical background?  My frustration level is at its max and I am so discouraged... ...

For Those Who Passed The CCS Exam On The First Try....
Aug 28, 2014

I just received word from my tribe they are assisting me in paying for this exam.  So, it is imperitive that I pass this test.  I graduated Andrews about a year ago and because I just couldn't afford to take the exams, I didn't becomes certified.  I do know it would probably be best to sit for the CPC first, but I am a person who would rather do the hardest first and since my tribe will help, this is the direction I have decided to go.     I am worried since ...

Counted The Ones Who Passed
Feb 11, 2015

in my pod from the list they sent out.  Two-thirds passed, one-third failed.  (I was in the fail group).  Let the Indians do it and see how they score.  I hate this BS ...

Need To Change Background Color
Oct 20, 2009

I work in Escription, word and need to change the background color from blue to something else. TIA ...

Billing And Coding With MT Background
Jun 15, 2010

I have a background in medical transcription however I am unable to sit in the same position (foot pedal - headset - typing) for any length of time.  I broke my neck many years ago and didn't know when I was in school that this was going to prevent me from doing this career on even a part time basis and after graduating with high honors and having great employee/employer relationships. I am wondering if it is feasible to do billing and coding with medical transcription in a home offic ...