A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

At least benefits are good--hahahahaha - Adios

Posted: Jul 12, 2011

So, just spent time on line and on the phone to make sure I understand my benefits.  After doing so, I will spend the day deciding whether or not to just quit outright.  Thank God I have nothing serious so far.  The rep told me just don't go to ER if it's anything like cough, etc or I have to pay more.  Told her at this point I won't go to the ER if I have a broken leg! 

The hospital where I live must be used to this because they give me choices these days, pay cash and it is less but doesn't go towards deductible, etc. 

Sooooo, a lot to think about today.

I actually dropped the insurance - I found private that was cheaper

[ In Reply To ..]
It was actually from UHC, $100/month cheaper, deductible was only $500 cheaper, BUT they will pay 100% after that deductible. This was for my son and I.

Will keep shopping - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
I will check out UHC. Have checked some others. Coverage is a little better but premium is way higher, and of course don't want to cover some preexisting. My preexisting is to small I'm sure I can cover meds through Walmart. So much to think about.

I just want out of here so bad. There are no words. Just feel like calling in sick and spending the whole day praying.

think about you will be owing MQ to work for them - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
I too dropped the family plan from MQ- since when it is logical to pay almost 50% per paycheck for health insurance that has a $6000 deductible and a $36,000 max for family? Now with this latest pay cut I told my CCM that I was afraid I would be owing MQ money at the end of the pay period and then lose benefits too. Look around, it has to be cheaper anywhere but here. MQ HR is worthless and didn't even look for any other company. It is obvious they don't want to provide their employees anything.

I think someone said they provided their own insurance - and UHC is just the name they go through

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really not sure how it works, but it makes sense. MQ pays out the insurance and make up their own deductible and rates. When I dropped MQs UHC, I went to the UHC website and they have a bunch of better deals for my age. In fact, I didn't see any that was as awful as MQ is providing. Even the company they say they are using has better rates privately!

Similar Messages:

Good Employer With Benefits
Dec 27, 2010

OSI & NUANCE: Please tell me about these companies. What can i expect for per line? For editing? I have 20+ years experience in acute care, radiology and multispecialty. I am a newbie to online work. HELP. TX ...

MQ Benefits - Good Coverage?
Jan 17, 2011

Hi, I'm a bit frustrated right now as MQ Central -Departments-Human Resources - Benefits must be down!  Are there any FT employees who can tell me if MQ benefits are decent?  Thanks for any info.  I have sent several emails and I figured I'd probably get a response faster here first (lol)! ...

Good Company With Benefits For New MT
Jul 21, 2013

I am currently working at a hospital as a Lab Assistant in Pathology. My job has many different responsibilities, but majority is transcription – which I love! I am trying to decide if I want to try becoming an at home medical transcriptionist. This is a huge decision/risk for me as I have been in my current position since 1999. I used to love my job, but as the years have passed, I have found myself disgusted to go to work. This is due to changes in personnel and too many people not ...

Hands On Transcription - Good, Bad, Pay, Benefits, Anything?
Apr 29, 2012

anyone have any information on this company?  Good, bad, pay, benefits, anything? Thanks in advance ...

Any Good MT Companies That Offer Benefits
Jul 23, 2014

I would like to know if there are any good MT companies that have benefits.  Thank you in advance. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Benefits For PT
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know of any companies that have benefits available for part-time, even at a cost? I love my full-time IC position, but no benefits.  I would be willing to work a part-time position and pay for health coverage, even if a majority of my pay went to covering it.  Thanks! ...

TAA Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay.  Let's face it everybody, we don't qualify for the benefits because we are not being laid off.  We are not being laid off because MQ hasn't said anything about laying us off.  I have a call in the HR, and expect to get an answer today, but do you really think MQ is just going to start giving out letters saying we are in fact going to be laid off?  Don't think so.  Everybody, STOP.  Stop hoping for benefits that will retrain us.  I' ...

Need Job With Benefits
Aug 28, 2012

Need to have a job with benefits due to going through a divorce. Any companies out there still offering, medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick time these days? ...

BENEFITS ?
Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know when benefits end if I quit or get fired?  End of month or immediate? Thanks ...

Benefits Of Becoming An IC?
Sep 19, 2013

do you prefer IC or employee status? ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

New Benefits Rate
Jan 11, 2010

I received my news benefits rate today - down another dollar from last time.  Pretty soon I won't even be getting minimum wage.  ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

Just Saw A New Ad ... .07 Cpl, Without Spaces, IC, No Benefits And Want (sm)
Jan 16, 2010

Five years experience and especially experience in basic 4.  Surely you jest! ...

Benefits At Medquist
May 23, 2010

If you return to MQ within 6 months of leaving, do you have to wait 90 days again for benefits to begin?  Thanks. ...

TransTech Benefits
Aug 16, 2010

Hello!  I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this for me.  Could someone tell me what the employee cost of family health insurance for TransTech is?  Thanks so much!  I hate to waste my time with applying and testing only to find out the insurance is too expensive! ...

Benefits ? From Newbie
Aug 26, 2010

I got "imported" from Spheris buy-out.  Curious as to what happens w/ insurance when you don't meet min line counts.  Am OOW @ least 2 days a wk now, and yes, I punch out on time clock.  Can anyone help?  Also, has anyone taken MME test, and if so, how bad is it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Benefits?
Jun 21, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the cost of benefits are for a single person? Also, do you have 401K matching or anything like that? How much vacation after 5 years of employment? Thanks! ...

TRANSCEND BENEFITS
Dec 13, 2010

I'm a newer employee of 4 months and STILL trying to meet my full time status by making $900 a pay period. I really don't want to work more than 40 hours a week to do this. I am on BeyondTxt and about 3/4 of my work is Voice editing everyday. Can anyone tell me their experience with meeting this $900 goal? I really need benefits and am starting to wonder if this is realistic. I think there might be a straight typing platform at Transcend, anyone know about that? Of course, the pay per ...

Switching To FT With Benefits
Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know the process of switching to FT with benefits?  Do you just have to let your CCM know and she does the paperwork and switching or is it a big hassle?  I lost my medical benefits recently and that is the reason I need to go FT.  I looked in the HR section of Medquist mail but can find nothing relating to this.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

New Benefits Link
Jan 14, 2011

Has anyone been able to access their info yet?  I got another e-mail overnight saying we could do it but I still can't.  What am I missing? ...

Webmedx Benefits- Sm
Jan 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Webmedx benefits are any good?  I have medical issues, so I definitely need somewhere that has good medical benefits at least.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Benefits Rate
Feb 15, 2011

Anybody know when we'll get our letters regarding our new benefits rate?  I thought it was in January, but obviously not. ...

Cashing In Benefits
Jul 18, 2011

I'm full-time with benefits.  I'd like to know if we can can be paid in cash instead of getting health insurance, dental insurance, and eye care.  Can I cash in whatever life insurance policy I have had with them for the past 11 years?  I just figured out with the new pay cut I will no longer be able to afford them, but will Medquist pay me for not getting them?  They would save on their end not having to contribute. ...

Nuance/WMX - BENEFITS
Nov 21, 2011

I understand the new benefits are lower than prior.  Has anyone figured out for 1 person if you got the medical, dental and vision what the cost would be every 2 weeks?  Thanks. ...