A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance bought OSI and Keystrokes bought Chartnet this week. Any others? sm - Curious

Posted: Sep 26, 2010

Nuance bought Encompass recently, too.  I heard they are buying all the eScription companies.  I bet that Keystrokes gets bought by MQ soon.  What the heck is going on with all these companies buying each other?  Will there be anyone left? 

No. Seems like a monthly, if not weekly - event.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

OSI buyout - Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Where did you get this info. I am only seeing it on this board and nowhere else.

I work for a hospital that uses OSI and we were notified on Friday. nm - Proud2BMT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

How does the hospital feel about it? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
And what were they told by the company?
We're OK with it. We were using eScription anyways. sm - Proud2BMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I think that it doesn't matter which MTSO does the work on escription.
Anyways. Reminds me of the post where the recruiter - "axed" if she could ask some question. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Chartnet - BeBee

[ In Reply To ..]
The best platform I have ever used in this profession.

I guess we're ALL for sale, if the price is right. Too bad - the MT isnt considered one of the assets!

[ In Reply To ..]
No, we're just the trash to be thrown in the wastebasket as quickly as possible.

Response - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
IMHO, it seems that we have lost our positions as humans. To these MTSOs, it seems like we are just pieces of equipment to be manipulated at their convenience. Well, as long as I understand the reality of the situation and do not expect otherwise, I suppose I can adjust. After all, they will never really own me.

When I have to sit at this bloody computer from 10 AM - to 3 AM every day to make my - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
lines, I DO feel "owned".

Silly! We are tremendous assets, BUT belong to ourselves. Earth-shakingly - Pragmatist

[ In Reply To ..]
different from people without portable skills who work in factories where the big asset is giant machinery belonging to the owner.

The MTSOs have to buy our services from us to function. Okay, there's recession and pay and demand are down. The basic relationship stays the same. To this point they've existed specifically to provide our services to their clients. We go awat and they go bankrupt within days. Literally.

I wish I could get across how empowered knowledge workers like us really are. Minimum wage assembly line workers do. I do and just can't share the victim role so many have donned for themselves. Even if I did have to retrain for a new job, my skills would still belong to ME, not "The Company." Portable. Valuable. Sellable.

Silly!!.... - mtvt55

[ In Reply To ..]
Terrific post! Well said!

Similar Messages:

My Company Is Being Bought Out By Keystrokes
Mar 31, 2011

My company is being bought out by Keystrokes.  Do any of you currently work for Keystrokes?  If so, what do you think about the company?  Should I be worried? ...

Keystrokes Just Bought MTS Of Texas. Sm
Mar 31, 2011

I am nervous and excited at the same time.  It's been a long time since I was an employee, so it will be a change.  I have a few friends who went there last year and are very happy, so I am sure it will be a good thing for all of us.  The drawback is that I feel too old for change, and I know things will.  ...

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

Nuance Bought OSI
Sep 23, 2010

Just found out Nuance bought OSI.  Can anyone with experience with this tell me what to expect. Should I be worried about major changes coming? ...

Bought Out By Nuance?
Aug 27, 2011

How was your experience?  Happy with the outcome? ...

WEBMEDX BOUGHT BY NUANCE
Jun 21, 2011

God help us all. ...

OSI Bought By Nuance - Pay Cuts?
Nov 13, 2011

WMX employees are notified we will find out pay adjustments to be made as we blend in with Nuance sometime in November.  Sucks... Just at holiday time.  Can you tell us, did they stick it to everyone down to the 8 and 4 cents per line?  We have found out about insurance, but like every other company the insurance is high.  We are just waiting to find out about pay.  If they cut people make 9 or 10 cents per line down to 8 there are going to be some ticked off tooties. ...

TRANSCEND BOUGHT OUT BY NUANCE
Mar 07, 2012

Transcend employees received notification this morning that Transcend is being bought out by Nuance. Transition expected to happen during the second half of Nuance's fiscal year 2012. Those of you with Nuance - is this a good thing? ...

Anyone Hear Anything That Nuance Bought Sm
May 25, 2012

the Q?  Heard it from a source I am not sure whether reliable or not.  Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything like this. ...

Since Nuance Bought M-Tec, Do You Think They Will Buy Any Other Schools?
Jun 04, 2012

Everywhere you look it seems like Nuance is buying out companies. They bought out M-tec. Do you think they will continue buying schools as well as companies? ...

Which Companies Have NOT Been Bought Out By Nuance Yet?!! Nm
Apr 09, 2013

x ...

For Those Who Worked At Companies Bought Out By Nuance
Jun 23, 2011

Just wondering if there were any warning signs before you were bought out?  Or anything unusual happening?  The company I work for now hires Nuance to do our audits and had them do HIPAA training for us.  Now, I am worried they will be buying the company out.  I am probably being paranoid but just wondering. ...

Was It Accentus That Just Got Bought By Nuance? Can't Remember. Nm
Dec 09, 2012

xx ...

Is MQ Getting Bought?
Nov 25, 2010

Did I read a post before that mentioned that MQ might be getting bought?  Does anyone have any info on that?  They were referring to changes being made, and trying to decide whether to stick it out or not.  TIA!  ...

Was MDI-MD Bought Out?
Dec 19, 2011

I have not seen any postings on the company for a few years.  I actually was hired by this company 2 years ago and quit very fast as my first few days were not impressive.  Tech support not calling me back, having to keep calling them,  trouble with foot pedal  not working.  Just curious.. ...

Bought Out
Jun 28, 2013

Absolutely Petrified....too young for Social Security; too old to change careers.   Went through this a few years back and honestly can't go through it again.   I don't know how some people sleep at night.    ...

Bought Out Co. And IRS
Sep 21, 2013

Has anybody worked for Alltype (Jerry Kelly) in the past in NJ?  Apparently they were bought out by Medquist or M*Modal in 2012.  I worked very briefly for Alltype in 2011 and then moved on to brighter horizons, although they reported to the IRS that I earned 4x what is actually on my W2 and according to my bank records.  IRS needs me to contact Alltype for verification but they no longer exist (number disconnected)... so what to do?  Something is very fishy and the ...

Spheris Bought Out
Feb 03, 2010

By Medquist and Cbay.  My sister works there and just told me, is on a conference call as we speak. ...

You Want To Know Why MQ Bought Out Spheris?
May 22, 2010

KOLKATA: CBay Systems — a leading healthcare BPO, that services nearly 40% of the US hospital market — is looking to become a $1-billion company and shift nearly half its work to India in the next two years. ******** Transferring work to India is a critical part of the strategy,” said Mr Kumar, one of the founders of the company. This comes within days of CBay acquiring a bankrupt clinical documentation firm Spheris in the US, which, in turn, has increased CBay’s reve ...

Bought A New Computer But ...
Jan 21, 2011

is it when I check on my battery status it says that it is not charging, even though it is plugged in?  Any one know how to fix this or what the problem is?  TIA. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What Companies Have Been Bought Out By MQ Lately?
Oct 18, 2011

I've sort of been out of the loop for a while at least as far as MQ's acquisitions are concerned.  The last I heard was the Spheris takeover of MQ...oh, wait, that's supposed to be the MQ takeover of Spheris, right?  Can anyone tell me what other companies have been purchased by MQ?  Thanks! ...

To Those Who Have Recently Been Bought By MQ And Still
Dec 07, 2011

working on your accounts from your bought-out company, are you consistently running out of work? We were told things would not change for a while but I'm running out of work all the time.  I tried to apply for SUI this morning online but with this particular situation, I could not answer some questions to complete application so  I have to go down there, which I am getting ready to do.  I don't want to quit but this is getting extremely frustrating punching in and n ...

I Am Still Trying To Grasp That Q Bought M, But Took
Jan 25, 2012

I guess since MQ is associated with transcription and we all know that is going by the wayside???? ...

Question For Those Of You Who Were Bought Out By MQ:
Feb 07, 2012

I know a lot of MT's have been forced into slavery by the Q when their company was bought out.  I'm curious, how many of their promises did they live up to?  I worked for them over 5 years ago but I'm sure a lot has changed since then (likely for the worse). I've seen people on these boards saying that their pay was cut, hours/accounts changed, etc.  Of course we were promised that none of that will happen!  I don't believe it, but I'm curious t ...

To Those Who Were Bought Out By The Q How Long Sm
Feb 09, 2012

was it before you became intwined with all the other MTs regarding working on different accounts, etc.  I am wondering how long I have until I need to really find another job.  I am so unhappy about the DSG buyout!  But I didn't have a say in it! ...

Your Choice Or Bought Out
Mar 12, 2013

How many started working for Mmodal because of their choice and how many because Mmodal bought out the company they were working for?? ...

Who Is The Financier Who Bought (?) MM In The Last
Jun 03, 2013

aware of this board.  Wonder if he likes to visit anonymous message boards?  You can be sure the Royal 3 didnt tell him about us. ...

Bought Myself A Laptop
Nov 26, 2014

on a free or cheap antivirus.  It's a windows 7.  Thank you kindly in advance. ...

MQ Bought Spheris And Went From 75.2 Billion Bid
Apr 15, 2010

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2010/4/15/medquist_to_buy_spheris   The bid by MedQuist (Ticker: MEDQ) and CBay totaled $116 million, including $98 million in cash and about $17.5 million in face value of notes and assumed liabilities. Transcend offered $78.2 million to join the auction, which lasted until about 5:30 a.m. this morning. ...

The Company I Work For Was Bought Out By MD-IT. Sm
Jun 24, 2010

They so far have changed payroll, but not for ICs.  Now they are doing a webinar, but ICs are not included. I'm thinking they're either going to get rid of ICs, or make us become employees or walk.  Anyone have experience with MD-IT buying out the company you work for as an IC? ...