A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

13 days of unpaid leave - is that for all?

Posted: Sep 10, 2013

I thought it was only 5 before.  

So sick of this place.  I might drop to 20 hours and give them the absolute minimum.

That's the way I read it - Trampled underfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
Full time or part time, everyone can have 13 days off per year without pay. However, that's ALL the part timers can have. The full timers can have that plus what PTO they accrue.

I'm seriously thinking of dropping to 20 hours; I'd love to quit working Saturdays!

Who can afford to take a day without pay? - I certainly cannot.

[ In Reply To ..]
and now I get 3 days less PTO per year besides. I'll probably die right here at the keyboard.

minimum of 24 hours - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Not 20 hours (unless they changed it). I'm part-time and would love to work 20 hours rather than 24.
they did just change it - read your email
[ In Reply To ..]
!!!!!
can't not at work right now for MM!!!!! - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
Geez don't bite my head off,some of us work elsewhere during the day.
They did change it to 20 - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They did change it to 20 if you want to work 20. I have been working 25 but wanted to work 20. At this rate, not sure what to do.

Anyone notice that the new guy who was there for such a short period of time and actually seemed like he was making things better has been replaced with this new "kid?" Since that young kid took over, is when all the policies related to MTs began to change. I am so sick of them sending out emails looking like they are doing something good, when they are screwing us.

Each email has words like "opportunity" in it to make it look like it's a good thing they are doing. Do they actually take us for fools? We can read what they are doing to us!

Here's a thought.... - Trampled underfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't say how those 13 days work; apparently the policy starts in October. So I'm thinking anyone who can afford it, be sure to take off your 13 days by the end of December! Then Jan 1, you can get another 13.

If it isn't paid, I don't see why they care - ppe

[ In Reply To ..]
I never understood that stupid policy.

Totally agree - Evelyn

[ In Reply To ..]
I never understood that. It's actually saving them $ if we take unpaid days off. It might have some weired connection to labor laws.

Can you use it for NJA? - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
Can we claim one of these days on the days of low work and turn around and file unemployment?

doubt it - has to be preapproved

[ In Reply To ..]
so be sure to schedule those illnesses and tell your family members not to die without letting you know first.

unpaid leave - Evelyn

[ In Reply To ..]
My mgr translated that to something like 104 hours of PTO -- to make us feel better. She neglected to mention that we'd be PAID for PTO and NOT PAID for unpaid leave. Geez. What a company!!

Similar Messages:

Unpaid ICs
Aug 26, 2010

DIT Transcription in North Dakota ...

Looking For Former DIT Unpaid ICs; Question For You Now That Tax Time Is Here
Jan 01, 2011

Oh, those 2 dreaded words – TAX TIME Over the past year it seems as though there were more and more MTSOs not paying their Independent Contractors (especially DIT), leaving those MTs with little recourse to collect their wages.  I have never had contact with DIT, so I am kind of blind in my assumptions, and I may be way off base. If I am, just ignore the rest of my ramblings.   I assume that as Independent Contractors working for DIT, the MTs were billing or invoicing DIT peri ...

Lawsuit For Unpaid Overtime
Jul 21, 2012

Yet another lawsuit for unpaid overtime by Keystrokes.......anyone have issues working for these people and not being paid overtime?  Are you willing to stand up for yourself and get what you deserve?  If so, please send a response!  ...

Unpaid Insurance And Wages.
Aug 24, 2012

What would you think if you went to make a dental appt and were told you had no coverage due to non-payment by your employer and the insurance company cancelled you, but..... the premiums are still being taken out.  Or if you did not get your paycheck last payday or were $$$ short? ...

Unpaid 30 Minute Break And...
Jul 22, 2013

I don't mind having an unpaid 30-minute break, but the thing that bothers me about some of these companies is the fact that it is tiring sitting at a computer for 8 hours and getting only a 30 minute break.  If I want two more 15 minute breaks those can be worked in, but then I have to add back 30 more minutes to my time! I like to at least stretch ever hour or so.  :/  ...

Okay, Another Question On The Unpaid Time Off
Dec 03, 2013

have to exhaust your PTO before you can use it? I can see my TSM saying that is only after PTO runs out. TIA. This doesn't really answer my question: Q.  How much time off without pay can I take per year? A.  M*Modal is providing five additional days off to use as unpaid excused absences. All HDS/SHDA will have the ability to take up to 13 unpaid days off each year.  These absences can be used for sickness, family emergencies, vacations or other activities. However, al ...

Can You Take An Unpaid Hiatus Of 1-3 Months?
Jul 09, 2014

Does anyone know if you can take a hiatus of 1-3 months, without pay of course, and still have your job? Not related to FMLA or anything like that, I just need a flippin break, but I don't want to actually quit. ...

Unpaid ADT/CC Information Experiment
May 20, 2015

So my experiement yielded, and this is a consevative estimate because I may have forgotten to track sometimes and, of course, by actually tracking cut my prouction way down.. I had 1093 characters or 16.81 lines rounded up to 17, which is $1.36 a day and roughly 346.8 dollars a year based on an estimated 8 cents a line and 51 weeks working. In the personal scheme of things, not a heck of a lot but it is 2-3 electric bills for me..but more importantly, multiply that bill by all the transciptionis ...

Mandatory HIPAA Training UNPAID
Jun 04, 2010

So I read the below post about the email circulating among some employers (including mine) about this mandatory class and test for HIPAA. This is an excerpt from what I received today in my inbox:  I am getting some questions about the mandatory HIPAA class being unpaid.  Let me clarify why this is the case.  Taking the class is mandatory, but unpaid because it is a legal requirement and can be taken at your own pace, on your own time.  We are actually helping you to protect ...

We Had A Discussion Earlier About Unpaid Work
Jun 07, 2015

And I was told that they "give" you extra in each report. I had a no dictation report and the line count is 0.02 of a line. Is that what you deem satisfactory for the unpaid work we do? ...

Has Anyone Sued An MTSO In A Different State For Unpaid Wages? Sm
Apr 17, 2013

I just briefly scanned through the small claim filing rules for here in Colorado, and it looks like I would have to file a claim in her state (Texas). I just wondered if anyone else had done this and if it was worth it. I am an IC and after months and months of never being paid on time, I was smart enough not to work much and so she only owes me a little over $300, but I hate to let her get by with stealing even that much from me. TIA ...

Has Anyone Reported A Company To The Department Of Labor For Unpaid Overtime?
Aug 06, 2011

If you have, can you explain the process?  Did you supply them with a weekly log of your hours?  Did you file to the state you reside or the Department of Labor where your company has its main office?  How long did it take to get your check;-)  How were you paid - did they figure an average hourly rate as we are paid per line?  Any info appreciated.  ...

Anyone Had Successfully Filed A Claim With The Department Of Labor Regarding Unpaid Time?
Oct 03, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had successfully filed a claim with the Department of Labor regarding unpaid time waiting for jobs or being "engaged to wait."  ...

"unpaid Time Off" For Production-paid Employees
Jun 26, 2011

Looking to find out from others if this "UTO" is a normal industry-wide policy for production-paid transcriptionists who are not paid for time when lines are not turned in; example, storms, power outages, company's platform down, etc.  Losing pay and bonuses for not working the same hour twice and getting paid for once.  Losing time for sleep, family and medical regimen, too.  What is the norm out there?  This just started recently.  Don't mind not being paid f ...

Why Would I Want To Leave MQ
Mar 21, 2010

In case any of the higher ups read this--here is the reason why I (and so many others like me) are leaving (I really think they don't see the big picture: 1.  Been with the company over 10 years, working more hours and making much less than the first day I joined the company.  No raise in over 8 years and 2 pay cuts. When you work at a job, you are supposed to make more money not less--we are going in the WRONG direction. 2.  No federal income tax taken out of my pay this y ...

Want To Leave MT
Oct 22, 2010

Hello, I am seriously considering leaving the field.  I have worked too hard all my life to subject myself to one more drop in pay.  Sometimes, we just have to make a stand and I think my time has come!  Luckily, my husband has a good job and I can afford to take some time off to take a class or two or start over in another field.  My question is what direction to go?  What field would make for the smoothest transition?  My friend who is also thinking of ...

When To Leave Your Job??
Dec 10, 2010

I like my job and the people I work for, but I just cannot seem to make enough money. I have worked for 2+ years as an MT and get 8 cents a line. My accounts frequently have new difficult ESL docs, so there is a major learning curve practically every day which of course brings down my line counts. The company I work for is regularly bashed on the boards here, but since pretty much every major MTSO is as well, I'm wondering if it's any better anywhere else. What have been other peo ...

Did Everyone Leave Their Job Sm
May 05, 2011

I am wondering if anyone quit the company they worked for, took time off and found another transcription job after a hiatus.  I am thinking about quitting the company I work for because there is no work.  I know the account managers have favorites and can control who they give the work to.  I heard this from an inside source.  Anyway I am finding it too depressing to sit here for very little work. If I quit do you think it will be any harder to find work in maybe a month. I a ...

Trying To Leave MT. Sm
Jun 19, 2014

Help with two underlined sentences below. Purpose and Scope:  The incumbent is responsible for data entry, record assembly/analysis for all in-patient and out-patient records deficiencies in Hospital system.  Notifications to physicians of the need for record completion. He/she may provide back up for the Record Completion Section and transcription process function.  I.          Position Requirements:      &n ...

Leave Of Absence
Jan 29, 2010

I'm at my wits end and so stressed out with all this NJA crud, struggling to pay bills, never knowing how much money I'll make from check to check, and wondering how long I'll even have a job.  I've decided to take a personal LOA to try to pull it together and destress.  I sent my CCM an email about doing it and why a couple of weeks ago. I've already put in for it at Hartford and they too sent CCM an email about it.  However, CCM has never gotten back to me yet a ...

Will EHR Leave MTs Jobless?
Mar 03, 2010

I just had a chance to see the NextGen EHR demo videos.  The incentives for using EHR from the insurances companies are huge.  It amounts to $3,000 per doctor per month. The doctor won't be able to fiddle with the computer to create EHR.  Even with the current dictation types, the doctor would make some sort of a note or something to remember the main paints to dictate.  This note is sufficient for the assistants to create EHRs.  Probably an assistant will be able ...

Wake Up: They Want You To Leave. Don't You Get It?
Jul 30, 2010

Why is it that MQ is still advertising on mtjobs that they have openings, yet the MTs already working for MQ have NO work?  Also, a friend of mine applied for clinic transcription there recently, and they put her through 2 interviews, only to tell her that they had no clinic openings.  I have heard that they are transitioning accounts to India as fast as they can (probably trying to catch up to that requirement that 80% of the work has to go to CBay/India).  So why are they still ...

When Is It Time To Leave
Sep 16, 2010

I work for a company whom I don't know anymore.  Like most I'm sure.  it was a good company at one time, but now I'm waiting for pay from July, August, and of course up to now in Sept.  I have had two pay cuts in the last six months.  People say go do something else.  I have been an MT for over 25 years and am now in my fifties. Not so easy to attempt to find something else in this economy and being single w/o another pay check coming in does not help.&nbs ...

How Much $ Would It Take For You To Leave MTing?
Oct 12, 2010

I love my job, I do well at it.  I am $45,000 give or take a couple thousand every year.  I am losing my account to VR, and I will have to switch accounts.  I will not be able to make as much on the new accounts, probably a 25% pay cut.  I have a job interview this afternoon for a job in a doctor's office doing routine front desk duties.  I don't know how much it pays.  What if they ask me how much I am looking for?  I don't know what to say.&nb ...

Maternity Leave?
Feb 16, 2011

It's pretty bad that I get a response on here faster than I would if I talked to my supervisor or human resources!  Anyways, I am only about 4 months pregnant but I can't help but wonder what kind of benefits there might be.  I mean they can't really think that I can sit upright and type right after I have the baby.  I don't think I would have enough PTO to cover it.  It looks like this time they are thinking C-section so the whole sitting up for hours wil ...

Leave. Give It Up.
Jun 01, 2011

After working for more than 30 years as a medical transcriptionist, having gone through so many changes in the field, I left it all behind a year ago.  I worked the last ten years at home, the last few I was with MDI/Transcend.  MDI was a great company, but it all fell apart when Transcend took over.  Hope DF is sleeping well on her $16 million, I know many transcriptionists are not.  I saw my pay dwindle down to almost nothing and my TL cherry-picking, which really cut my in ...

Why Do A Lot Of MTs Leave The Punctuation Off?
Jul 02, 2011

I've noticed at most mtso's throughout the years - no periods on the end of sentences such as: HISTORY:   Headache   COMPARISON:  None  POSTSURGICAL DIAGNOSIS:  Same Is there a specific reason for this?  It's...well...certainly doesn't make us look good, that's for sure.    ...

Anyone Leave WMX And Then Go Back?
Aug 23, 2011

Were you able to get back on same accounts, keep rate of pay?  I don't suppose they would let you reinstate and keep your original date of hire for PTO accumulation purposes? ...

How Do You Get Your Family To Leave You Alone?
Mar 23, 2012

It's hard enough to get my lines in.  I tell my family I'm on the clock, I have to work, but they just don't pay any attention.  If they are here, they walk right in, sit down and start talking, even though they can see my fingers poised over the keyboard and my headphones on.  If they are not here, they call, and then they have to repeat everything three times.  I know I could clock out but I can't just abandon a job I'm in the middle of so even if I ...

If I Leave MModal, Do They Have To Pay Me My PTO?
May 20, 2012

I'm considering leaving MModal and giving 2 weeks notice.  I have 8 hours of PTO.  Are they legally obligated to pay me this?  Thanks. ...