A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Unpaid ADT/CC information experiment - sm

Posted: May 20, 2015

So my experiement yielded, and this is a consevative estimate because I may have forgotten to track sometimes and, of course, by actually tracking cut my prouction way down.. I had 1093 characters or 16.81 lines rounded up to 17, which is $1.36 a day and roughly 346.8 dollars a year based on an estimated 8 cents a line and 51 weeks working. In the personal scheme of things, not a heck of a lot but it is 2-3 electric bills for me..but more importantly, multiply that bill by all the transciptionists and they are saving a ton of money..Not to mention I have worked on accounts that require a heck of a lot more ADT entering.. and the other question I have is. With all this technology, why can't the program differentiate between what we edit and characters typed. Any keystroke I have to make to fix anything, should be paid at a transcription rate not an edit rate. I know I'm ranting, but it is "Happy" MT week, right?

Unpaid ADT/CC info - tlf

[ In Reply To ..]
It's awesome that you did this. Money is money, and it's our money they're keeping, and we are losing. It all adds up. I have always thought we should get paid for anything we enter into ADT and CCs! They stink!

unpaid work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That 346.8 grows significantly larger when you add to it say 1-2 hours per week of unpaid work we are required to do. Then multiple all of that times the number of transcriptionists. Boggles the mind. MTSOs are THIEVES!

any ideas how to proceed from here, this has to - be illegal

[ In Reply To ..]
especially when I know there are accounts where everything has to be manually entered right down to CC, even if it is in the database, has to be typed.

Is that 17 lines per 8-hour period? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe they do add an extra line per report. You can see this if you send a blank job with no text in it, e.g. a No Dictation job.

yes per 8 hrs - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh OK..well then that is fair in the end - TKU

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Except - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When I do a word check for lines v their count, yes it is higher but not an entire line higher, usually only a couple of characters.
What I heard - Unsure if true
[ In Reply To ..]
The ADT is included as part of our wage. For example, say we get paid 7 cpl base rate. 0.2 cpl (just throwing a number out) of that is compensation for ADT. Basically, you would be getting paid 6.8 cpl if ADT never existed. With this considered, you actually get overpaid for the ADT on really long reports.
Not what we were told when we were hired. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
My paperwork said I was being paid X cpl for all characters and spaces typed. Then while training on Fluency, I found out, oh by the way, that doesn't include anything you have to type manually in the ADT or CCs. My contract didn't say that though. It said all characters typed including spaces, so I really think they are violating the contract. Not to mention, what are the legalities for expecting employees to do work for free, especially critical work that they are held responsible for & can be fired for, that actually takes way longer than the same amount of characters in a report? But doing it for free! It doesn't make any sense.

I've looked at No Dictation jobs and only got like 0.3 lines or - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
whatever the exact count was for typing No Dictation in the body. No freebies.

You're not supposed to type anything in the body. - at least on my accounts

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless CP says otherwise, you just change the work type to No Dictation and send it on.
When I trained on DQS, that's what we were told to do too. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
How long ago was that? - Per DQS Standards and Guidelines
[ In Reply To ..]
Pg 14: "If there is no dictation for a report, you should:
1. Verify you are at the end of the dictation by checking your audio slider.
2. Change the work type to the No Dictation work type.
3. Upload the job. This process does not require the report to be sent to QA manually."

Copy/paste and do a count in Word and compare. They - do not add anything. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I type full names and addresses in CCs, which of course you have to Google and verify, not to mention manually typing patient info in the ADT, etc., all day long. We do not get paid for any of those strokes or that time, yet we can be fired for getting it wrong.

Similar Messages:

Unpaid ICs
Aug 26, 2010

DIT Transcription in North Dakota ...

Looking For Former DIT Unpaid ICs; Question For You Now That Tax Time Is Here
Jan 01, 2011

Oh, those 2 dreaded words – TAX TIME Over the past year it seems as though there were more and more MTSOs not paying their Independent Contractors (especially DIT), leaving those MTs with little recourse to collect their wages.  I have never had contact with DIT, so I am kind of blind in my assumptions, and I may be way off base. If I am, just ignore the rest of my ramblings.   I assume that as Independent Contractors working for DIT, the MTs were billing or invoicing DIT peri ...

Lawsuit For Unpaid Overtime
Jul 21, 2012

Yet another lawsuit for unpaid overtime by Keystrokes.......anyone have issues working for these people and not being paid overtime?  Are you willing to stand up for yourself and get what you deserve?  If so, please send a response!  ...

Unpaid Insurance And Wages.
Aug 24, 2012

What would you think if you went to make a dental appt and were told you had no coverage due to non-payment by your employer and the insurance company cancelled you, but..... the premiums are still being taken out.  Or if you did not get your paycheck last payday or were $$$ short? ...

Unpaid 30 Minute Break And...
Jul 22, 2013

I don't mind having an unpaid 30-minute break, but the thing that bothers me about some of these companies is the fact that it is tiring sitting at a computer for 8 hours and getting only a 30 minute break.  If I want two more 15 minute breaks those can be worked in, but then I have to add back 30 more minutes to my time! I like to at least stretch ever hour or so.  :/  ...

13 Days Of Unpaid Leave
Sep 10, 2013

I thought it was only 5 before.   So sick of this place.  I might drop to 20 hours and give them the absolute minimum. ...

Okay, Another Question On The Unpaid Time Off
Dec 03, 2013

have to exhaust your PTO before you can use it? I can see my TSM saying that is only after PTO runs out. TIA. This doesn't really answer my question: Q.  How much time off without pay can I take per year? A.  M*Modal is providing five additional days off to use as unpaid excused absences. All HDS/SHDA will have the ability to take up to 13 unpaid days off each year.  These absences can be used for sickness, family emergencies, vacations or other activities. However, al ...

Can You Take An Unpaid Hiatus Of 1-3 Months?
Jul 09, 2014

Does anyone know if you can take a hiatus of 1-3 months, without pay of course, and still have your job? Not related to FMLA or anything like that, I just need a flippin break, but I don't want to actually quit. ...

Mandatory HIPAA Training UNPAID
Jun 04, 2010

So I read the below post about the email circulating among some employers (including mine) about this mandatory class and test for HIPAA. This is an excerpt from what I received today in my inbox:  I am getting some questions about the mandatory HIPAA class being unpaid.  Let me clarify why this is the case.  Taking the class is mandatory, but unpaid because it is a legal requirement and can be taken at your own pace, on your own time.  We are actually helping you to protect ...

We Had A Discussion Earlier About Unpaid Work
Jun 07, 2015

And I was told that they "give" you extra in each report. I had a no dictation report and the line count is 0.02 of a line. Is that what you deem satisfactory for the unpaid work we do? ...

Has Anyone Sued An MTSO In A Different State For Unpaid Wages? Sm
Apr 17, 2013

I just briefly scanned through the small claim filing rules for here in Colorado, and it looks like I would have to file a claim in her state (Texas). I just wondered if anyone else had done this and if it was worth it. I am an IC and after months and months of never being paid on time, I was smart enough not to work much and so she only owes me a little over $300, but I hate to let her get by with stealing even that much from me. TIA ...

Has Anyone Reported A Company To The Department Of Labor For Unpaid Overtime?
Aug 06, 2011

If you have, can you explain the process?  Did you supply them with a weekly log of your hours?  Did you file to the state you reside or the Department of Labor where your company has its main office?  How long did it take to get your check;-)  How were you paid - did they figure an average hourly rate as we are paid per line?  Any info appreciated.  ...

Anyone Had Successfully Filed A Claim With The Department Of Labor Regarding Unpaid Time?
Oct 03, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had successfully filed a claim with the Department of Labor regarding unpaid time waiting for jobs or being "engaged to wait."  ...

"unpaid Time Off" For Production-paid Employees
Jun 26, 2011

Looking to find out from others if this "UTO" is a normal industry-wide policy for production-paid transcriptionists who are not paid for time when lines are not turned in; example, storms, power outages, company's platform down, etc.  Losing pay and bonuses for not working the same hour twice and getting paid for once.  Losing time for sleep, family and medical regimen, too.  What is the norm out there?  This just started recently.  Don't mind not being paid f ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

"no Unpaid Time Off"
Nov 29, 2013

I know what this means, but what I want to know from those that have worked for Nuance for a while is what happens if you HAVE to take unpaid time off?  How can they stop you from taking it?  Co was bought out & this (among other things) has me thinking its time to abandon ship.  ...

CA. Labor Board States "Good Case" Regarding Unpaid Labor
Jun 22, 2015

A fellow MT posted on the Nuance board that she contacted the California Labor Board regarding unpaid labor.  I hope this case creates a precedent!  For me, some jobs are so laden with problems half my time is spent researching and correcting dictator errors - for no pay!  We are not paid to check email, answer email, train, review of all the documents emailed to us, review changes in procedure, doctor exceptions to the rule, working with tech support, reviewing QA, searchin ...

FTP-any Information
Nov 27, 2009

If I eventually plan on working from home, should I invest in some kind of FTP (file transfer program)? If so, what kind should I get? There are so many out there, just curious if anyone has any knowledge about this. Thanks!! ...

Any New Information About TTS?
Mar 21, 2010

Hi, I am speaking with TTS about a job.  The thing that I am concerned about is they said in their introduction that, "Production time is tracked off the technology system and monitors the time you are actually in the document working (hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal).  If you are idle in excess of 4 minutes the time stops tracking.  You must remain actively working.  If you are researching etc, give it 3 minutes." I am assuming this means that you if you get ...

MME Information Please!
Oct 16, 2010

I sent a report in, and when I got it back, they had taken out the #s that I did using the numbering feature in 6.1 and replaced them with numbers. Is there a reason for this? ...

Anyone Information On TTS
May 07, 2011

Anyone information on TTS I would love to hear anything, good or bad.  I was recently offered 9 cpl and 4.5 VR/SR.. Including spacing and headers/footers....thought this was pretty darn good these days. I am waiting to set up start date and new hire paperwork.. This is TTS New Hampshire. Transcription, Technology, Solutions.  please reply. ...

Anyone Have Information On TTS?
May 08, 2015

Anyone have information on TTS? They have several positions available, wondering if it would be something worth looking into... ...

Transportal - Anyone Have Information
Oct 14, 2009

Does anyone have information regarding this company, i.e., platform, flexibility in working time (no schedule?), anything you care to add, good or bad would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Fastchart - Looking For Information
Oct 22, 2009

Anyone work for Fastchart???  Looking for information before I dive in. ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Information On Spectramedi?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Spectramedi? What they pay and what kind of company they are to work for? Thanks. ...

Keystrokes Any Information?
Jan 11, 2010

I'm trying to find out some information about Keystrokes and Transcend, mostly Keystrokes.  Do they have a tiering system for their MTs?  If not, how do they classify you?  Do different accounts pay differently?  Also, how are the advancement opportunities there?  Thank you, thank you, and thank you again....(:D) ...

Anyone Have Information On STAR Med? (SM)
Jan 13, 2010

Anyone else apply for this position and not hear back from them?  TIA!! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...