A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

formula for lines to hours? - xylex

Posted: Apr 08, 2011

Could someone please tell me the formula for converting lines typed to pay per hour?  I have forgotten how to do it...thanks for the info.

There is no "formula" - per se

[ In Reply To ..]
because everyone's results will be different. To determine how much you make in one hour, transcribe for an hour, count the number of lines you typed, and multiply by the rate you are being paid per line. Voila! That's how much you earned for that hour. If you type more or less in the next hour, your hourly rate will be different for that hour.

It is unlikely that the same number of lines will be typed during every hour of work, another way to determine an hourly rate from a line rate is to do a normal day's work, count the total number of lines typed and divide by the number of hours worked. This averages the good hours with the easy dictators with the not-so-good hours with more difficult dictators or other challenges and gives a more realistic picture of an hourly rate.

Similar Messages:

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

LInes Per Hours
Feb 11, 2012

?  Have had a few days (4) to be exact where I did not meet the 150 lines per hour.  The other days I had a minimum of 160 lines per hour but I guess that does not count.  Anyway can anyone tell me if I drop to 120 lines an hour what kind of bene's I have?   ...

Lines = Hours
Mar 26, 2015

Hello.  I have been doing transcription at home for 15 years.  I am looking for new employment opportunities.  I have always been paid hourly, but now it seems everyone is paying by line.  Could someone please tell me if I type 7000 lines a week, how many hours is that?  Thank you. ...

LINES VERSUS HOURS
Apr 13, 2014

Does anyone on here know of a company other than formerly known as Intellitype, now Castlepoint Management, who lets their MTs sign up for how many lines they will be transcribing each day other than a set schedule with set hours so you are not sitting there with no work and passing time. ...

Is Anybody Able To Make FT Hours/lines With AP Lately? Nm
Jan 08, 2015

x ...

Nuance Hours/lines Discrepancy
Nov 30, 2011

There was a post last week on Nuance pay discrepancies. I had a 3 hour discrepancy, didn't think too much of it. I thought maybe I made a mistake. This time it is a 5 hour discrepancy. I know I didn't make a 5 hour mistake on my time punches. My lines are not what they should be either. I am about to find another job. I don't make enough as it is without being shorted. Did anyone else notice this with this last pay period? ...

Lines -  It Takes Me Hours Longer To Get What I Used To Get
Nov 08, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble achieving their daily goal since all the work has been pooled together here at Nuance?  It takes me hours longer to get what I used to get. ...

On Average How Many Hours Would It Take To Type 1750 Lines Per Day With Straight Typing??? Thanks. N
Jun 01, 2012

nm ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

QA Formula -- Cnot
Aug 17, 2010

I know each company has different formulas etc.   However, I was just wondering-is there a general rule on the ratio  of mistypes/lines? Example:    Three errors on 3-page report (one error per page)-- would this be equivalent to 3 errros on 1 page of a 1-page report? ...

24 Calorie Formula Vs 24-calorie Formula
Jan 04, 2012

Infant is on 24-calorie formula with mother's breast milk.  (ASR always types it as 24 calories formula.)   ...

S/L Parcon Formula?
Feb 10, 2013

It's a patient in the ED, intoxicated, given fluids and medication on the s/l PARCON formula.  Rusty on ED.  TIA! ...

Q's(now, Mmodal) Salary Calculation Formula.
Jan 30, 2012

Does anyone knows the formula how Q( now mmodal) calcuate their employees salary based on linecount..? and, rates for ASR and straight transcription both same now?       ...

Need Help With Line Count Calc Formula
Feb 11, 2012

KK, consider myself an competent user of Excel but have come upon a bit of a snafu with the calculation of time on my worksheet. I worked (total hrs for the day) 8.01, 7.51, 8.03, 8.00, 7.58 for a total of 39.53 hours. the standard formula, =sum(...), on my wksh adds it up to 39.13.  What would the formula be to come up with the 39.53 hours?  The formula in my head is multiple nested functions...there just has to be a simpler way.  In my head, I'm adding up the m ...

Formula To Figure Out 50 Minutes Of Dictation
Aug 15, 2013

I am needing to know how much dictation would average out to 50 minutes of dictation each day.  I know there is a formula but I cannot find it in my files?  I am looking  for PT work at least 25 to 30 hours a week?  Any info would be helpful. ...

Diabetes Med Formula Blood Sugar -150 Divided By 75
Jan 22, 2011

Doc says: Patient's sliding scale insulin will be determined by blood sugar -150 divided by 75. Should I type this as is or is there a formulaic expression for this? I've never come across this type of thing before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

GI: Similarly To The Previously Identified S/l Spot Formula Area On The Transverse Colon, They Proce
Oct 12, 2009

GI.  ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Less Than 24 Hours PT??
Nov 20, 2009

I understand with 24 hours you get PTO, but can you be scheduled for less than 24. That is a lot for a PT position. Most companies only require 20 per week. ...

Q8h Or Every Eight Hours?
Mar 12, 2010

Which is correct? I thought I had remembered something from the BOS (which I can't find in my office right now) that said if the dictator said q 8 hours then it should be spelled out as every eight hours. Is that correct or am I losing my mind? ...