A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Whoever recommended that "Boostaroo" thingamabob--THANK YOU! - Hayseed

Posted: Jul 02, 2012

I ordered it last week from Amazon, received it today, and put it to use just a few minutes ago for a dictator who didn't want to speak into the mic.  What a difference!  It amplified the volume so much so that I had to put my volume on the lowest setting and it came in beautifully!  Sad that we have to destroy our ears like this, but so much better than cranking the volume and still having a report full of holes.

Thank you again for the wonderful recommendation!  Cool

could you tell me which one you got? - need one

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont know what is what and dont want to waste what little money I have.

Thanks.

I hear ya about $$ wasting! I'm beyond frugal too! - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a "Boostaroo 3-channel headphone volume booster."

It takes 2 AA batteries (which I had to supply myself) and I plugged it directly into my speaker, and then plugged my earbuds into the Boostaroo. Because it runs on batteries, I've only used it for the 1 report and unplugged it from my speaker when I was done. I suppose I could plug it into the back of my PC tower, but that's a pain for me, so that's why I plugged it into my speaker. :)

I think after a few reports, it will have paid for itself, it performed THAT well.

The link to Amazon should show up below :)

Thank you very much - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So, I can plug this into the speaker jack on the front of the tower? I do not use external speakers, just plug my headset into this jack. Will that work?

Thank you for your help. Do you have any recommendations for a headset? I have been watching some Bose on E-Bay, but I get stomach twitches and a lump in my throat when I try to bid... I know, I am a freak. I just cannot afford to waste money and I know my speakers are horrible right now and I am making a lot of errors.

Thanks again Hayseed!
plug into speaker jack on computer - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't use speakers either, I just plug it into the speaker outlet on my computer, then plug my headset into the Boostaroo. To save money, you don't need the Boostaroo that comes with the headset (which I don't like) you can use your own headset if it has a volume control (but not a USB port). We got it as a gift for MT week several years back from Wmx, it was a great gift! I sooo miss the old Wmx!!
Just to be clear please: I plug my headset - into the speaker jack SM
[ In Reply To ..]
on the front of the tower. The headset has a 1-prong jack. Does the Boosteroo have a 1 prong jack as well and does the Boosteroo have a 1-prong jack on it to plug the headset into? I don't understand what you meant when you said "you can use your own headset if it has a volume control (but not a USB port). My headset is the stethoscope kind (1 prong) but it does not have volume control on it so can I still use that headset? When you say USB port, what do you mean by that?

I have a very hard time understanding some of this technical stuff :)
Thanks for answering.
headset - what I use - anonymousmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Sony noise-cancelling headphones MDR-NC7. About $37 on Amazon. They are not Bose but I hear great (but I also use a sound equalizer too).
I plug mine into my tower's speaker jack. Works very well. - Beachy
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have speakers.

You are welcome! :) - Beachy

[ In Reply To ..]
Well worth the $ and lasts forever,too. Have a 2nd one the Web gave me before they disappeared and haven't broken that out yet. Still using the 1st one my brother gave me years ago.

Hayseed - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I used the Boostaroo for many years and it helped me a lot!

Similar Messages:

Boostaroo Advice
Apr 23, 2015

Anybody use this device?  If so, do you like it? thanks. ...

Jeez. Instead Of Boostaroo, They Could
Apr 30, 2015

just email the few dictators who are laying the phone down and whispering.  THAT'S the problem.  Not the audio.  The individual dictators.  Why should we have to buy extra equipment for the few jerks who don't care if you can hear or not when they lay the phone on the desk so they can flip through the chart?!?  How hard is it to ask the client to send out a nice generic email reminding them that we can't hear it if they aren't holding it to their mout ...

Boostaroo: Re A Small Discussion About
Sep 11, 2010

This is mentioned as a great product to increase the volume on voice files.  I went to Radio Shack and checked it out.  The picture shows what looks like a very short cord.  Could someone explain how this works?  I currently have to plug my headset directly into the front of my computer because there was no sound when I plugged them into my speakers.  Would I plug the Boostaroo into the computer?  Does the headset then plug into the Boostaroo?  Also, in the pic ...

Anyone Using A Boostaroo For Better Audio Clarity
Jan 16, 2014

NM ...

Recommended FTP Sites?
Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL! ...

Recommended Some Ear Wax Drops *at TC*???? What Is TC? TIA....
Jan 24, 2011

Ear wax drops at TC? The only thing I could find was temperature control, but does that make sense??   If anyone can help, I appreciate it. ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Andrews School Recommended
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone know or can recommend the Andrews School? The cost seems to be high for the course. ...

Is Andrews The ONLY School Recommended??
May 26, 2012

I've read so much on this forum trying to get some good information on which school to go with, and all I can find is Andrews, Andrews, Andrews!  How can it be the only school that anybody seems willing to recommend?  Is the forum just overrun with Andrews students or is it truly the only school that anyone knows of that prepares you for the CCS exam upon graduation?  How can that be?  And believe me, I'm not criticizing the school or anyone for their opinion, I jus ...

Drug Recommended: Ibumetin ?
Oct 26, 2012

I know I'm hearing "Ibumetin" correctly...how often do you hear doctors recommending drugs that aren't offered in the US?  He's a native speaker, and there's no mention of the patient traveling abroad.  Is there some other drug that sounds similar?  His dictation at bottom. http://www.drugs.com/international/ibumetin.html TREATMENT PLAN:  Anti-inflammatories.  Ibumetin would be recommended.  Patient reports she had an episode of a lower GI blee ...

Recommended Companies (private Msg Me)
Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance ...

Recommended Job Sites/Companies?
Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars! CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great! ...

Recommended Online Certification Programs?
Nov 04, 2010

Hello---I am a stay at home mom that is interested in becoming a Medical Transcriptionist. I am looking for any recommendations on an online certification or training program. There are so many out there, and I am leery of being scammed or overpaying or completing a course that is not recognized, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I definitely need it to be online, from home, and would prefer a shorter timeframe. I already have a Bachelor's degree (in an unrelated field ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

Would You Hyphenate "a 3 Year Follow Up" Is Recommended
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...