A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Boostaroo advice - anon

Posted: Apr 23, 2015

Anybody use this device?  If so, do you like it?

thanks.

I like it, but - jebbie3881

[ In Reply To ..]
batteries seem to wear out quickly even with shutting it off when not in use.

I like it. - RGM

[ In Reply To ..]
I find it helps me a lot. If you're getting one, you can use this coupon code http://couponfollow.com/site/boostaroo.com

Did not like Boostaroo. Like Breakaway. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Boostaroo just makes everything louder, and it runs on a battery which runs down fast.

Claeson Edwards Breakaway audio enhancer is what I use. I like that you can change the pitch. It is software, and you can download a trial. I use the preset profiles and have 2 I like to use.

http://www.claessonedwards.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=135

Boosteroo - Mountain Lady

[ In Reply To ..]
I was on a team they gave the Boosteroo to try. I like it, and would probably buy one on my own if I had to. I found I could turn my volume down to 50%, instead of 100%, so it got rid of a lot of static (which is about all it's actually good for). I agree it eats through batteries pretty quickly.

I have one and the main problem is when it is turned up - on full, it distorts the volume. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I checked into a software program that's apparently only $20 and I posted about it recently - see link. There's also a small adjustment you can make through your volume control in Windows that helps a little as well.

I'm going to look again at Breakaway but there was something about it before that I didn't care for. That's why I want to re-review and try this Letasoft I found.

Price? - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Checked on line and foumd it selling for around $50. This is not something I wlll be purchasing with the pay I make.

Boostaroo - $29.99 on Amazon, BUT - jebbie3881

[ In Reply To ..]
I found a website that lets you try Breakaway for free for 30 days http://download.cnet.com/Breakaway-Audio-Enhancer/3000-2169_4-10824539.html

To buy Breakaway $29.95 - so basically the same price. At least you can try Breakaway before you download and buy it.

I may try that just to see if there is a difference.

I bought a Boosteroo... - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
and then a few months later found out you can order one through the company and they'll pay for it. Contact your HDSM and ask her or him to order one for you.

To all who use Boosteroo - Homer

[ In Reply To ..]
If your computer equipment is provided by the company, you can get THEM to send you the Boosteroo so you don't have to pay for it. They replaced mine a few months ago. I called tech and they took it from there

Boostaroo - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not with your company, but I have used Boostaroo in the past and really appreciated it. It's not very expensive and makes a lot of things clear. Try it, you'll like it.

Similar Messages:

Jeez. Instead Of Boostaroo, They Could
Apr 30, 2015

just email the few dictators who are laying the phone down and whispering.  THAT'S the problem.  Not the audio.  The individual dictators.  Why should we have to buy extra equipment for the few jerks who don't care if you can hear or not when they lay the phone on the desk so they can flip through the chart?!?  How hard is it to ask the client to send out a nice generic email reminding them that we can't hear it if they aren't holding it to their mout ...

Boostaroo: Re A Small Discussion About
Sep 11, 2010

This is mentioned as a great product to increase the volume on voice files.  I went to Radio Shack and checked it out.  The picture shows what looks like a very short cord.  Could someone explain how this works?  I currently have to plug my headset directly into the front of my computer because there was no sound when I plugged them into my speakers.  Would I plug the Boostaroo into the computer?  Does the headset then plug into the Boostaroo?  Also, in the pic ...

Anyone Using A Boostaroo For Better Audio Clarity
Jan 16, 2014

NM ...

Whoever Recommended That "Boostaroo" Thingamabob--THANK YOU!
Jul 02, 2012

I ordered it last week from Amazon, received it today, and put it to use just a few minutes ago for a dictator who didn't want to speak into the mic.  What a difference!  It amplified the volume so much so that I had to put my volume on the lowest setting and it came in beautifully!  Sad that we have to destroy our ears like this, but so much better than cranking the volume and still having a report full of holes. Thank you again for the wonderful recommendation!  ...