A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow my accounts rot - sm

Posted: Sep 15, 2013

I was on other accounts for most of my shift and then got switched back to my normals. Mine are terrible, how can I get switched, tired of listening to foreign docs all day long.

Yep, sometimes you get to see how the other half lives. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes I'll get accounts that are not my usual, and they are wonderful - good ASR, lots of normals to bring in, and my line count soars. Then, I end up back on my usual counts, and it is a pitiful struggle to meet the minimum.

Makes me more than frustrated that I am paid the same as those with the wonderful accounts and their wonderful line counts are thrown in our face as what we should be doing.

Similar Messages:

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

How To Get Your Own Accounts?
Nov 05, 2009

Hello, I have been a transcriptionist for a couple of years now.  I wound like to try and get my own accounts.  I live in a heavily populated area where there are tons of doctors offices.  I am unsure how I should go about this.  Do I start calling these offices?  Do I make up a flyer?  Do I stop in and drop off my resume.  Any ideas or thoughts you would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated!  If you would like you can also email me.&nbs ...

How Many Accounts Can You Do In A Day?
Jun 28, 2010

I am sick to death of being bounced all over the place!  I would love to force the QA lead and CCM to swich every 10 minutes as well... Now in the south, switch, now in the north, switch, now in the west... Yeah, just try and keep track of all of these accounts.  THIS IS FLIPPIN CRAZY having to check the client profile with every darn job! I feel like creating my own darn client profile today and not one of these accounts are gonna like it. ...

Anyone With Their Own Accounts?
Oct 07, 2010

Recently I was told the account I've been on for the past decade is going to voice recognition.  Having worked on a VR platform briefly, I know I don't want to get screwed making half the money with longer hours. I really hated it and did almost as much typing then as now - only at half the rate.  That being said, has anyone gone out and found a couple of docs locally to transcribe on their own?  I guess I'd have to buy a call-in system?  Just seems like it w ...

Getting Your Own Accounts
May 16, 2011

A couple of years ago I obtained an LLC, took a webinar on how to run a transcription business as far as getting ideas on file transfer services, fees, etc.  However, because I had to work full-time I never found time to pursue beyond that, or I guess I just chickened out basically.  I guess I am thinking I would just start calling locally.  I already checked with a college friend, who is a general practitioner.  Of course, they are entering data themselves and not using tran ...

VA Accounts
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone let me know who some of the companies are that transcribe for VA accounts for example OK City, Kansas City, etc. Thanks! ...

Getting Own Accounts
May 21, 2012

Any advice on getting own accounts?  I was thinking about making a page with my info on it.  My specialty is psych transcription.  Can I just send out my info page to various psych clinics to see if they are looking for a transcriptionist?  Any advice on what to charge?  I was thinking 10cpl.  Any advice on this is welcome.  ...

Looking For My Own Accounts
Aug 29, 2012

I'm going to be sending out brochures to doctors' offices in my area.  I'm wondering which specialties would be the best ones to target - i.e., more likely to outsource their transcription to an individual transcriptionist, least likely to have EMR or EPIC. I can do most specialties, but it would help knowing which ones to try first so I can save money & time. Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions from your own experience. ...

Accounts
Mar 06, 2013

What do consider accounts?  All the different facilities, which can have a hundred people dictating or individual physician offices?  Just curious?  As I was warned by some of you kind transcriptionists, I did not get my own hospital where I previouslly worked, but have gotten several large facilities in the state.  When I question the supv, she always says "you are primary" on my old hospital.  Like to know how that is since I rarely get their dictation and she has admi ...

MT Accounts
Sep 11, 2013

When a healthcare facility outsources to a company such as M Modal do the MT's who were in-house retain their own transcription jobs they once had?  Is this a contractual agreement between M Modal and the healthcare facility?  ...

Put On New Accounts
Feb 13, 2014

It was bad enough that we lost 1 of the accounts that I have had for 13 years last week, but today, without notifying me, I was put on new accounts.....the accounts where they are firing people left and right because of not passing audits.  My line count went down at least 30 lines per hour, mainly for having to look up physicians to cc, and consulting physicians, ect.  I am very stressed, and I just had to vent.  My nerves are frazzled. ...

I Have Got 4 Accounts Now, 2 Of Which Seem
Mar 26, 2014

I am just wondering if this is the new policy, or maybe just my little area of Nuance. It seems as if, despite my protestations, I am now forced to have 4 accounts, two of which I am unfamiliar and seem rather generic and never seem to have anyone working on them full time. On the other hand my primary and secondary are always decimated because so many people are on them now so I am forced to do the crappy overflow ones. I really hate having more than 2 accounts, except when things are really s ...

OTI Accounts
Apr 18, 2014

I am so sick of getting emails from OTI pleading to transcribe these accounts that pay 7.5 cpl and are practically as long as books and ALL VERY difficult ESL's.  7.5 cpl....... Really?!!! ...

Many Accounts From All Over
Nov 05, 2014

Is everyone else now getting reports from many different facilties, from all over the country?  I work part-time, and today alone I received reports from 16 different new facilities, separate from what had been my regular account, which in itself encompasses about 12 hospitals.  It's very time consuming to go through each profile and get used to each new and sometimes irritating doctor, often with very poor sound quality.  On top of that, I'm getting ...

AP - New Accounts
Jan 01, 2015

Wondering if anyone has been set up at all with the new accounts yet?  I know it's a holiday but kind of expect to get account specs or at least have them listed in my account list.  Even an email about the status would be welcome! ...

How Many Accounts Do You All Have?
Jan 31, 2015

Just wondering.  I am having enough trouble keeping these 3 separate with all the different client specs.  Over 2 or 3 is just insane. ...

Different Accounts
Feb 28, 2015

Has anybody ever been brave enough to say something to our HDSMs about the constant different accounts we get?  You know when you get 5 jobs back to back from 5 different hospitals? ...

Getting Accounts
Mar 19, 2015

Does anyone have any experience acquiring accounts in clinics or small, rural hospitals? Do you have to contact the purchasing department, the transcription department, or should you be registered with a credential management company? Where/how do you find information on facilities whose current MT contracts are up and the work is opening for bidding? Anyone have a clue??  ...

Seven Accounts And
Jun 21, 2015

The worst thing to me is when you get a few jobs in a row and try to build up some momentum, then OOW again! The second worst thing is that when there is no work I actually like it, I actually am relieved for awhile - until I realize I am unlikely to be able to make up the time - unless I sit here and try to snatch one here and one there, meaning basically sitting here from dawn to bedtime just to get any hours in really. Had there been work, I could have forced myself to sit there my entire s ...

Do Most Of Your Accounts Say To Use Contractions Or Not To Use?
Nov 24, 2009

NM ...

DSG - Pay, Work, Various Accounts
Feb 11, 2010

This is related to a post below, but because it's lower in the page and kinda more detailed, I'll repeat here. Surely work can't be THAT low on ALL accounts here, right? And I'm willing to reveal the offer I was given (I know you're not supposed to do that here but I'll do it via email, or if I'm told I CAN do it here, I will) if someone is willing to tell me if that's average, higher or lower than usual for there. I got offered acute care, a new account w ...

Radiology Accounts
Feb 25, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies hiring employee status (with medical benefits) for radiology? ...

Cardiology Accounts
Mar 17, 2010

I know of two companies that do only cardiology transcription: www.cardioscribes.com www.cardiologyts.com If someone knows of other such companies or those with lots and lots of cardiology accounts, please share.  I love doing this specialty. ...

Three Of My Accounts Bit The Dust!
Aug 30, 2010

So, I had work. No problems.  Then, a few months ago, the work started coming in slowly.  Then, I started receiving NO JOBS AVAILABLE here and there.  Then, the NO JOBS AVAILABLE started being constant, even at 11PM and 2AM.  Knew something was going on.  Found out 3 of my accounts are gone.  Went to India.  I was worried about my manager and what would happen to him and the rest of the MT's working on the other accounts, but comes to find out, the manage ...

Lost Accounts?
Sep 02, 2010

This lost accounts business is b.s. They have been pushing overtime in QA for a long time because they needed people and now they have the nerve to lay people off. Nice way to do business. I actually feel sorry for the workers left there with all of that work. They are going to drill those employees into the ground with work. ...

Does Transportal Have Own Accounts?
Oct 05, 2010

I know places like Transcription Doctors, etc, work for the bigger companies like Superior Global and then pay the MT less.  Does Transportal have their own accounts or are they hired by other companies.  Anyone know?  Thanks ...

New Webmedx Accounts?
Jan 20, 2011

Although the work has picked up at Webmedx, where are the 2 HUGE accounts that were supposed to go on-line in January?  Does anyone know? ...

Advice For Getting My Own Accounts
Jan 27, 2011

Hello everyone. I started my own transcription business and I am having trouble obtaining clients. I have been contacting people for months with no luck. I am mainly targeting general transcription right now. Does anyone have any tips or advice on where to look? Thanks! ...

Keystrokes ???? Accounts
Mar 22, 2011

Anyone work for Keystrokes doing strictly radiology? Can you email me. I have a question to ask. Thanks. ...