A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

People looking for jobs, also check craigslist. - you never know. I saw something tonight SM

Posted: Jan 09, 2014

I have no idea if this rate of pay is worth it, or anything else.  I have no affiliation with this website, get nothing from it, etc.   Search craigslist for  "Audio Transcription" heading for the post. I found it under the part time job category.

CL is also full of garbage, but if you want to find a job you have to weed out the trash to find a decent one.

The post says they have clients that need interview transcription, webinar transcription, podcast transcription, sermon transcription, group discussion transcription, lecture transcription and video transcription. Says they provide general transcription services as well as specialized transcription services for academic transcription, medical transcription, legal transcription and business transcription.

What I would do is present my experience SM - HeidiHo

[ In Reply To ..]
and qualifications. I would give them a ballpark idea of my fees, depending on the job to be done.

I would then, MOST IMPORTANTLY, agree upon:
1) A fee-per line, page, report, etc.
2) Method of payment.
I would NOT.. repeat NOT ... do any work for a client who was not bonded, verified, established, whatever. If possible, I would also put the fee in escrow until there was some sort of mutual satisfaction of the work done/compensation due or paid.

CL scam - check it out

[ In Reply To ..]
I did the search and found the ad you were talking about, new year, new job. I also attempted to find any info about the company and was unable to do so. I could not find anything recent at all about them and the website I did find for them was no good. The person listing has a twitter account with no new posts. Sends a red flag to me. Plus when you figure out what they are paying $15 an audio hour and what all they require you to have, not really worth all that. You could do surveys and make more than that and not have as much to adhere to. Just my opinion.

worse than the ad I found - just sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
they pay $10 per audio hour, worse than the $15. Comes out to (if you do the x3 rule) 3.33 an hour and you have to have paypal. I said the only thing I found was the person posted had a twitter account, did not say that it was in their ad. Either way, would make more money doing surveys, if you even get paid since paypal is such a wonderful thing to use and has great customer service. All in my opinion, of course.

Similar Messages:

Question About Craigslist Jobs
Mar 22, 2013

I have applied for a few jobs on craigslist. Should I feel creeped out? I'm to the point of desperate in terms of looking for work outisde of MT, but I'm wondering if I have done the right thing. I do have my  name and phone number on my resume, and all jobs listed seem legit. What do you all think??? I have limited it to my particular area, but it's still a little creepy to me.   ...

People In KMs Pod - Check Your Email NM
Mar 17, 2015

To People Applying/looking For Jobs
Jun 20, 2011

I applied for one of the jobs listed on here and another site.  I got a call saying they would call last Friday.  When that didn't happen, I got an email saying they would call today in a certain time frame.  That still has not happened.  I know patience is a virtue and that they are dealing with multiple resumes, but I had an email from a recruiter in the specialty area that I was looking at, so I was hoping the number of resumes had dropped some (not just a general rec ...

These Are The People Who Are Taking Our Jobs
Oct 10, 2014

The company I work for was recently bought out by another company. Much of our work has already been sent offshore. And now we have Indian email addresses. This is from an email I received: WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMALIES A HAAPY DUSSEHRA. How is it that these companies think those folks can produce decent medical reports? It just boggles the mind. ...

Are There Jobs Out There For People Put Out Of Work With Epic, Etc.
Aug 05, 2012

How long is it  taking to find a job and do you have to settle for weekends and all the hours no one else wants.  My account is getting ready to go on Epic so I dont know how long I will have a job either.  I would like to go PT when this happens but have no clue what is the best way to go about this because I havent had to look for a job for so long.  I am IC and really dont want employee as I dont need to have their benes.  Do you hear from people if you post your resu ...

An Ad On Craigslist
Mar 28, 2014

Looking at my area Craigslist job ads and saw a posting saying "Work from home as a medical transcriptionist".  In the ad it stated projected job growth of 8% between 2012-2022...just had to laugh when I saw that.   ...

Transcription Doctors Terminates 16 People Out Of Their Jobs And Shorts Pay.
May 17, 2012

Transcription Doctors terminates 16 people out of their jobs and shorts pay. Today, 16 MT/QA staff were terminated without notice and only when staff began to voice concern with complaints did an email get sent out.  The email briefly mentioned that termination was due to either not working enough hours or poor quality, though this author knows of people who have been shorted on their paychecks when checks were received today and questioned why.  It's not confirmed whether ...

Asked To Work Extra So People In India Who Take Our Jobs
Oct 19, 2014

Some gall, huh?!? I'm thinking what?  I have to work holidays when they fall on my regular scheduled days. Nope - nothing wrong with this picture.  Nothing at all.   ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Last Check
Aug 17, 2011

I turned in my 2-week notice and working the last week of the notice.  When can I expect to get my last check as I am waiting on labels from the company to send back computer and cannot get CCM to answer as to if check will be held until computer is returned?  Is there anybody with this experience that can tell me how long to expect to wait for the check and to wait for the labels as I have nowhere else to turn for the answers?  Really need my check, but cannot get anyone to send ...

Hey Check This Out...
Sep 13, 2011

Moderator:  I hope you will leave this on. Look on the Company Board. Scroll down to: Journalist's deadline question on Webmedx and Nuance - sewhidbey A journalist is doing an article on the local hospital's decision to outsource their transcription to Webmedx. The journalist wants info from MT's. Good chance to talk about Q, too! Here's a link to the article: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/business/129555093.html ...

PT Check $100 Less Than FT
Oct 11, 2011

I'm no genuis, but I think I have to make some changes here.  My PT check for 20 hours was around 100 less than my FT 40 hour check.  I like my FT job, good accounts, great supervisors, but the lines just don't accumulate there like anywhere else I have ever worked.   Then I worry, what if the other company runs out of work or loses an account and I get laid off.  There is no security in this business anymore.  I guess, just don't burn your bridges b ...

Last Check..does Anyone Know?
Feb 13, 2013

Does anyone know how long it takes for Nuance to get your last check out to you? ...

Check This
Nov 08, 2013

Read ...

Can Someone Tell Me How We Check Our
Dec 13, 2013

line counts?   Is it in Fluency or in UltiPro, or something else?  Thanks for any help ...

No Check
Dec 27, 2014

Anybody else not have their checks deposited yesterday? I was going to pay bills this morning and my check is not there! ...

MDI-MD VR People Here?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm curious.  Any MTs willing to discuss how they like Escription and are working for MDI-MD/Transcend?  ...

DId MDI P.r.n. People Get A Pay Cut Too? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

s ...

MQ People
Sep 10, 2010

I usually come to this forum for good, solid, BRUTALLY HONEST opinon and help.  I have seen this field deteriorate over the years and got to wondering if the suits at MQ have any idea how long some of us have done this work and how poorly they are treating highly qualified, experiences MTs.  I am very curious to see how many years of experience we have.  I personally have 28 years experience and for the past 3 years have not brought in more than 20K.   When I used ...

To All Of You QA People.
Feb 08, 2011

I know this is a little thing, but after 2 years it is a little annoying.  Why do you ask MTs to look up physician names and addresses that are not in the database and to send to QA?  You NEVER enter them into the system, not once.  I have kept a list of physician names and addresses that we frequently use that are not in the database.  I send them to QA every time, requesting that they be entered.  I wonder what your response would be if we sent it blank?  Just a l ...

People Think I Have No Job....
Jul 08, 2011

Okay, four years of doing transcription and it's been four years of people calling all day to chat, wanting me to go do this and that, etc.  I've tried over and over to explain to them to not drop by because I'm WORKING! Have any of you had to get down right rude to make people understand?  Husband also doesn't seem to get it since he mentions "you're at home all day." Ugh. ...

Why Are People So Mean Lately?
Jan 08, 2012

without somebody jumping on you or making fun of you or being spelling police or telling you that's the way business operates so suck it up or go somewhere else. All that hate can't be good for you, but Flame Away!!  ...

Twice As Many People
Dec 26, 2012

typing as there are jobs to be picked up on my account, and we are told via email to work on shortest TAT.  Good grief.  The account will be clear in 5 minutes anyway.  Management is a bit irritating sometimes. ...

Do People Know What An MT Is When You Tell Them?
Jan 25, 2013

It's crazy to me that people do not even know what medical transcriptionists do most of the time.  When people ask me what I do and I tell them transcription, it never fails that they say "What is that?"  I tell them that I type what the doctor says and they say, "What does he say?"  It's crazy that nobody ever wonders how when they ask for medical records they get neatly typed pages from their doc instead of handwritten chicken scratch.  Even when I do explain it, ...