A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To people applying/looking for jobs - ME

Posted: Jun 20, 2011

I applied for one of the jobs listed on here and another site.  I got a call saying they would call last Friday.  When that didn't happen, I got an email saying they would call today in a certain time frame.  That still has not happened.  I know patience is a virtue and that they are dealing with multiple resumes, but I had an email from a recruiter in the specialty area that I was looking at, so I was hoping the number of resumes had dropped some (not just a general recruiter). 

Has this happened to you?  Are you eventually hearing from people or just being left in the dark?  I was a bit excited about this job opportunity.  Would it be out of line to email the recruiter later that said she would call today?  Just wondered.  Thanks.

To ME - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it would be out of line at all to e-mail the recruiter. However, are you sure you want to work for a company that seems to be so inconsiderate of your time and worth?

Good point - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I was just trying to give her the benefit of a doubt...that she is just swamped. But her email stated "be assured I will call Monday from" such time to such time. I guess she either didn't get around to me or she has found whom she needed. ??? Believe me, I was by the phone all day, and had it forwarded when I had to run an errand! Ugh.

By all means, do e-mail a friendly reminder - you are interested and will be happy

[ In Reply To ..]
to make yourself available whenever it is convenient.

Similar Messages:

After Applying For Jobs....
Oct 20, 2009

How long should I wait after applying for a job before following up? And what's the best way to followup? Also, I'd like to ask what caused them to overlook my resume if that's the case. BUT would that just make me even more of a pest and make them Black-ball me?! I HATE WAITING!!! Can you tell? :) ...

Done Applying For MT Jobs
Apr 10, 2012

I need to write this for my own sake. I can no longer apply or test for these company positions. I am being rejected in one way or another by all of them. I have done this for going on 30 years. I can't take it anymore. It is so very very painful to deal with this. I think in my heart I have given up finding any MT position or any job at this point in my life. All I do is get angry, cry, throw things. Very very depressed and I get from friends is either God has something special for ...

Applying For Out Of State Jobs
Mar 01, 2013

I'm sure that this question has been asked and answered before, but wanted to bring it up again.  Have any of you ever applied for an MT position for a clinic or hospital that was out of state and asked if you could work from home for the clinic/hospital, and you were hired by the clinic/hospital?  I see so many ads for MTs, but none are in my state and more than most times, they don't list whether telecommuting is an option (perhaps it is assumed in that regard that the posi ...

Question About Applying For Hospital Jobs
Jan 17, 2013

I was wondering about something and maybe somebody has an answer. If I go to the hospital's website and apply for a listed opening and do not get called for an interview, what happens if I want to apply again for a different job? Do they keep my resume on file? Would they call me if a position opens up? I haven't been job hunting in a long time and this is how it used to work. I would certainly change my resume and cover letter to apply for the different position, to highlight wha ...

Just Another Familiar Vent About Applying For Jobs, Testing, Etc.
Sep 22, 2010

I am thankful to be working for a company who provides plenty of work, easy platform, great QA, greats supervisors, etc., but the pay lacks, so I have been looking off and on for something a little better, again, pay-wise.  I received an email today from a company, who has had great reviews on this board, about testing for them.   So, I open the attachment and there are 14 pages in the written portion of the test, once that is completed and if I pass that, I then have to take the ...

Feel Guilty When Applying For Part-time Jobs
Dec 10, 2013

I'll leave them as soon as a full-time position opens up.  I'm trying to exit the MT field, so I am applying and sending resumes for Unit Secretary positions, Patient Registrar positions, Specimen Processor positions, etc.  Right now, it looks like I will be simultaneously applying for a part-time position as well as a full-time position.  There's a daytime office cleaning position I am thinking about applying for tomorrow morning, and there is a full-time family pr ...

These Are The People Who Are Taking Our Jobs
Oct 10, 2014

The company I work for was recently bought out by another company. Much of our work has already been sent offshore. And now we have Indian email addresses. This is from an email I received: WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMALIES A HAAPY DUSSEHRA. How is it that these companies think those folks can produce decent medical reports? It just boggles the mind. ...

Are There Jobs Out There For People Put Out Of Work With Epic, Etc.
Aug 05, 2012

How long is it  taking to find a job and do you have to settle for weekends and all the hours no one else wants.  My account is getting ready to go on Epic so I dont know how long I will have a job either.  I would like to go PT when this happens but have no clue what is the best way to go about this because I havent had to look for a job for so long.  I am IC and really dont want employee as I dont need to have their benes.  Do you hear from people if you post your resu ...

People Looking For Jobs, Also Check Craigslist.
Jan 09, 2014

I have no idea if this rate of pay is worth it, or anything else.  I have no affiliation with this website, get nothing from it, etc.   Search craigslist for  "Audio Transcription" heading for the post. I found it under the part time job category. CL is also full of garbage, but if you want to find a job you have to weed out the trash to find a decent one. The post says they have clients that need interview transcription, webinar transcription, podcast transcription, sermo ...

Transcription Doctors Terminates 16 People Out Of Their Jobs And Shorts Pay.
May 17, 2012

Transcription Doctors terminates 16 people out of their jobs and shorts pay. Today, 16 MT/QA staff were terminated without notice and only when staff began to voice concern with complaints did an email get sent out.  The email briefly mentioned that termination was due to either not working enough hours or poor quality, though this author knows of people who have been shorted on their paychecks when checks were received today and questioned why.  It's not confirmed whether ...

Asked To Work Extra So People In India Who Take Our Jobs
Oct 19, 2014

Some gall, huh?!? I'm thinking what?  I have to work holidays when they fall on my regular scheduled days. Nope - nothing wrong with this picture.  Nothing at all.   ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Do I Bother Applying For "no Newbies" Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I've just finished MT school and am starting to apply for jobs while I wait for my final grade.  There is nothing in town, I live in a small town and the hospital fired all their MTs, so I need to work from home. But every ad I see says no newbies AND many say school doesn't count for experience. Of course, my school promised that most places did count our training as 2 years' experience, but I have this sinking suspicion they lied. Do I go ahead and apply for these jobs, or ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Applying
Jun 16, 2011

How long do you have to wait before reapplying for a job at medquist? ...

Applying For Job
Jan 10, 2011

Okay, this is somewhat of a strange situation.  I have been looking for a job in the field that I was in prior to becoming an MT 11 years ago, which would be a full-time position with benefits.  Currently I am IC.  I had lost my previous job due to downsizing and the office/company that I worked for basically closed it's Wisconsin branch except for a handful of employees.  I just found out that one of the employees at this small Wisconsin branch of the company that I use ...

When Applying For A New MT Job...
Dec 27, 2013

...and taking a transcription test, is it wise to type verbatim even if there are errors or try to clean it up? I'm an older MT and haven't applied in a while. I'd just like to know an opinion out there. I'd hate to not get a job because I "cleaned" something up when I should not have done so. TIA. ...

Question About Applying...
May 25, 2010

This question applies to anyone... Do you apply for an MT position even if they state they're not hiring newbies? If so, has it made a difference or is it a waste of time? Thanks! ...

Considering Applying With Q.E.D. Transcription
Sep 11, 2010

I am considering applying with Q.E.D. Transcription.  They seem to be a stable company to work for from what I've read.  Does anyone have any experience with them or input?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

MME's... Is It Worth Applying For?
Feb 11, 2011

I'm curious about the MME certification/position.  Can anyone please give some honest insight as to what the difference in pay is, what the testing for the position is like, etc.  I would like to apply for the position in 2 months and would like to know what to expect.  Also, once you're an MME does that open up advancement opportunities into QA, CCM, etc.?  Any information would be appreciated.   ...

Applying To Talk To Amy?
Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck. ...

Applying For Positions
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone ever simply e-mail a resume to a company rather than completing the long, drawn out application they want filled out when you click the link to apply?  I have 30 years of experience and do not want to spend time filling in information about every job I have ever had and why I left, where I went to school, emergency contacts, etc on their application, only to never hear from the company and would prefer just to e-mail a resume with a cover letter.  Does anyone ever do this? ...

Thinking Of Applying To TTS
Jul 21, 2014

I'm assuming the competitive pay is probably 8/4.  But what are their benefits like; cost, coverage, etc.  Is the PTO decent?  I've seen mixed messages on here.  Some are really happy, some are not.  Any info appreciated.  TIA ...

Question About Applying For Job .....
Jan 21, 2015

Is anybody having trouble applying for jobs on here? I have applied to like 5 different ones and am getting emails saying my message was not delivered for some reason? Anybody else having problems?? Thanks in advance! ...

Be Very Careful When Applying To SoftScript
Dec 05, 2009

Be very careful when applying to SoftScript.  They have many openings but I have applied, when through the testing, got an interview, but they never called and when trying to find answers they never respond.  I would be very skeptical of working for a company like this.  I also checked a little into them and found out that I was not the first one that this has happened to, plus getting work can be a problem and keeping work can be a problem.  ...